It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Smelly Snow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Russia has flown a team of chemical experts to a Siberian region to find out why smelly, coloured snow has been falling over several towns.
Oily yellow and orange snowflakes fell over an area of more than 1,500sq km (570sq miles) in the Omsk region on Wednesday, Russian officials said.
Chemical tests were under way to determine the cause, they said.
Residents have been advised not to use the snow for household tasks or let animals graze on it.

So far we cannot explain the snow, which is oily to the touch and has a pronounced rotten smell," said Omsk environmental prosecutor Anton German, quoted by the Russian news agency Itar-Tass on Thursday.
more:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Is this due to some kind of Chemical Attack or because of the Melt down at Cherynobl

Maybe its time the World looked into this not just the Russians. They have been covering up stuff for years.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
OH that is not good. I wonder if we will ever hear the results?

It reminded me of the black snow in the old smoke stack days. What orange, smelly, oily substance could be in the air that thick that the snow would pick it up like that?

shiver

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

Is this due to some kind of Chemical Attack or because of the Melt down at Cherynobl

Let's hope it is neither of these reasons and somthing a lot less sinister.If it was caused by a chem attack or Chenobyl It could have International repercussians.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
eeww. talk about not eating the yellow snow. yikes!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sounds like that region has the largest oil refining complex in Russia. Whatever is in that snow, I sure it can't be good.

I'm dreaming..... of Orange and smelly Christmas........ just doesn't sound as good.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This report has some of the legendary features of the Hebrew "manna." Manna was said to be oily and yellow color. However, it was not rotten/smelly. It was edible and the ancient Hebrews often baked it into loaves. It, like the Russian substance, fell from above to the ground.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

What orange, smelly, oily substance could be in the air that thick that the snow would pick it up like that?

shiver

well, until the test results are announced....

i'd like to opine that the stuff is the organic remains of some kind of upper atmosphere creatures.

just like recent acounts birds that are dropping out of the sky because of some atmospheric conditions
(HAARP frequencies?, Magnetic anomalies?, clouds of Methane from outgassing soils?)
the normally reclusive and rarely seen tiny creatures have also met with some sort of devestating encounter with a substance or a deadly Frequency.

These atmospheric lifeforms are normally transparent, and widely seperated in the volume of air they occupy,
but on occasion the creatures gather to 'school' or 'shoal',
in a similar way as sardine fish we find in our oceans,
when massed together in a 'school', these swirling 'balls' of millions of tiny lifeforms,
their transparent bodies begin to glow from a chem-illuminesence brought on by the close proximity with the others & the excitement generated by the act of shoaling.

.....we landlubbers below, see these glowing schools as lights in the night sky, and call the phenomena UFOs

evidently a shoal of these lifeforms met an untimely end up there in siberia and their lifeless bodies got caught up in the updrafts of a snow cloud...and disbursed on the landscape below

[well, its probable....until proven otherwise! ]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The answer to the problem likely lies to the south. China and India are probably the two worst industrial polluters in the world. My guess is that the winds have carried some kind of pollution from China into Russia, where it was deposited with the snow.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That would be some weird winds blowing to the northwest if it is coming from China. Didn't India have some sort of "red rain" that was pretty similar if my memory serves me correct. I didn't read anything about the Indian rain cept for the headlines. What region of India was it? Close to the orange snow area?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
About Red rain in India, it was an acid based rain I believe. They mentioned that it might be do to the fact that they use their rivers like sewers.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Did they ever find out what it was?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Humm, the rotten smell that was mentioned makes me think of sulfur, but I would think it would be more yellow than orange. And there was this thread that I read earlier:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could some one already be experimenting ?

The prevailing wind patterns might be a clue to the point of origin, if it is from a oil refinery or other pollution source that is stationary.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
With Russia more and more reverting to the old ways.

Is this just fallout or some weird stuff from Chernybol?

Or is this proof that someone is doing something they aren't suppose to?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
ok that is the thing

impurities are washed out by the weather in all sort of way particules of impurities are washed off from the heavy substances!
the one that not go away!
therefore they fall back to earth!
the impurities of metal certainly leaving just few impurities particule which can be cook and carried toward a point to be cooked this time by sun light a 5 month cycle the poles! contant day light where rays can cook the magnetic field help to raise them to the upper level Ozone!

the impurities particules transformed as O3 impurities cooked like a consomme!

with help of magnetism, heat sun rays, the poles!......
????

[edit on 26-2-2007 by deedub6]

[edit on 26-2-2007 by deedub6]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Orange Snow in Omsk, Russia
englishrussia.com

Russia says mysterious yellow snow not toxic Reuters
Russia's weather watchdog said it may have been caused by a rare dust hurricane in neighboring Kazakhstan.

Alexei Yablokov of the Russian Academy of Science told Ekho Mosvky radio station it may have been polluted by a chemical accident in Siberia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My guess would be it's dust from a desert and there was a few dirty snow reports last year too, although it's rather strange that it would be oily too.

I suspect we shall see more of the same, like last year:
EXCLUSIVE: Huge Global Dust Storms Darken Skies and Parch the Earth

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
whi is highly plausible!

in south of france after a drough spell when the first rain arrive!
you find on the car when the water dried off sand dust!
from the desert!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
With Russia more and more reverting to the old ways.

Is this just fallout or some weird stuff from Chernybol?

Or is this proof that someone is doing something they aren't suppose to?

Chernobyl reactor no.4 is in a big concrete coffin. There is NO chance that this has anything to do with Chernobyl. If it were, don't you think it would happen sometimes zooner than 20 years after the incident?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just because the reactor was sealed in concrete. Doesn't mean there will be no effects. Maybe the fact that it was sealed is why it took so long.

**The basic thing is that we have no way of knowing if a concrete seal will have the effect that is desired. This is unpresedented, we only have what we believe, as we a human's should have learned by now. The Human species has been wrong before.

new topics

top topics

join