It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   

some speculate they're another
'species' of life that just move too
fast for us to see

Interesting, and why not?

And for those that say they have seen them and wish that they have never met them. Then, that sound's pretty darn scary. I would ask for more details but I do not wish for you to talk about it if it scares you.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Wow! I never anticipated receiving answers like this, and that already lots of you people responding have had some possibly related experiences, and others definate experiences. I will take your words valhalla and xenon. Thank you both for the information. So valhalla, you'd say they are evil, whatever they are and probably demonic. I just had another thought about this. What if these things are just evil from one or more people's or thing's thoughts, feelings, wishes, or what not that has concentrated and manifested into a form. Maybe it is intelligent and has life then, or maybe it is mindless and not alive like smoke and just meanders around wherever it was formed, but possesses these negative properties. For those of you who have had an experience, and if you can talk about it, was there any trauma or conflict from anyone or anything around the area(s) where your encounters took place? Anything negative at all? Of course, this is just another theory, and I still think a demon or minion of satan is most likely, especially with valhalla's valid opinion. Satan uses his powers and demons/fallen angels to deceive and mislead or intimidate people to pull them from God. However, these don't sound like they are trying to deceive, because no one would really trust one of them. These sound more like the kind that may try to possess people, such as in the Exorcist. Jesus Himself performed exorcising as it is written about, to rid people of these evil spirits. It is very unsettling stuff, but it is nice to know that there is something stronger of good that can defeat them. This all assumes that you believe the Bible of course.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Like I've said before, I think that they are just thoughtforms. And thoughtforms also need energy to survive. The energy that they feed on is negative emotional energy, of which fear is the most powerful one. And what easier way is there to get food (fear) than keeping people terrified of you??

I think if all people would stop being afraid and stop feeling the emotion of fear, these beings will just disolve into "nothing". But I think I'll see pigs fly before that...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Bandit,

First I'd like to say that I think your theory is very interesting. I would absolutely agree with every word you have said IF I hadn't had my own experience. Within that experience was the following phases:

Initial vision - butt-loads of fear.
Secondary vision (more than just the shadow creature) - apex of fear and instantaneous loss of fear
Continued vision of shadow creature - no fear which culminated in the shadow being NOT dissolving into nothing, but something much much more sinister occurring.

This experience is not something I feel comfortable talking about in detail in a public forum. Primarily due to the long-term effects.

I wish your theory was correct. We could then just eliminate our "fear of the shadows", if you will, and there would no longer be any of us who could discuss the possible existence of these beings - whatever they may be (I have my own opinions). But it just isn't that simple.

I know of two other members on this board that have had similar shadow sightings. I know of one other person in real life that not only had a shadow being sighting that was almost identical to mine, but also included the secondary vision that accompanied the shadow...the only thing different in their experience is that they were lucky enough to NOT stop fearing. In my experience, the ceasing of the fear was the pivotal moment when things turned real bad.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
But that just logical, isn't it? I didn' t say it would disolve instantly. A car won't stop running as soon as you've stopped tanking it.

And because it noticed that your fear was dissipating, it's logical that the shadow would put up a notch on the sinister looking, evil looking etc... just trying to make you fear it again to feed of you you again. That's all. It could've just given up on you after and go hunting after others there is an abundance of energy (fear) for it to feed on still. Does a lion die instantly because it missed one Antelope???

And one or two people no fearing them won't stop it. I'm talking about the fear of all 6 billion humans (or all humans who believe in such things) decreasing and dissapearing. That's why I said that it would be easier for pigs to fly.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Well, trusting that you are serious XenonGod, that is disturbing in a way to know. If you can even discuss whatever experience you had, can you give any input on if they are ghost (like dead human spirit), some demonic evil presence like I thought, or something else like actually something of this Earth like some very different organism. Are these things intelligent? Anyway, did the picture I provided a link to show that it was similar to the one you saw/experienced?

Chills up and down my spine when I see those two pictures. Although it isn't as if I am there experiencing it right now..it is truly an eerie feeling when I think about the time when it happened...and looking at those pictures...hrmmmm?...dunno. It was quite "unique" when it did happen though. Here's the story: I was lying in bed one night and I wasn't awake or asleep..in between more or less...I felt my soul leave my body...I couldn't see my physical body anymore...my "eyes" were open and my soul floated up. Then...right as that was happening...the "shadowmen" appeared and would say things and do things that were utterly horrible....just plain evil. I prayed to put my soul back into my physical body...and it happened...thankfully. For a couple weeks afterwards the "shadowmen" would stil l appear and I would get mean and confused..but...after more praying and so forth...my soul feels content here in this body and the "shadowmen" have stopped there evil ways. Anyhoo...thanks for the pics...makes me wonder...hrmmmm.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have seen shadow creatures before (well, still do), and have thought of them as being arcane in nature. From my experiences, there are five different types:

Type 1- A small "humanoid" figure, no more than two-three feet tall, devoid of any characteristics/physical appearances. Relatively, they appear to be a mass (body) with a "head". They are confined to flat vertical surfaces, much like a shadow. Harmless, they are merely servants.

Type 2- More humanoid, they have body, defined head shape, and long thin arms. No legs. No visible details, still much a "shadow". Able to move about on any flat surface, including ceilings, but are still confined to a flat surface which may hold their shape and size. Roughly 5-6 feet tall. They are inquisitive, curious, but harmless (other than giving a fright to the unsuspecting).

Type 3- Similiar to Type 2, but with legs. NOT confined to flat surface like a shadow, has ability to crawl across objects. "Hands" and "feet" must be in contact with solid objects, but body and head are above and off nay surfaces. They move about like geckos... they are also harmless, but give off an atmosphere of something... more.

Type 4- Undefined gigantic shadowy mass. Free moving, able to move in three dimensions, off surfaces. Usually, they are not in contact with surfaces. Large enough to fill a normal sized living or family room. Usually unseen, due to the fact that they appear in total darkness. Can do no physical harm, but can cause great mental paranoia/fear. They also move in pacts. Bright light causes them to disappear.

Type 5- Not so much a shadow creature, more like a minor demon. Whereas types 1-4 are made of shadow-stuff (transluscant), the Type 5 are solid blackness, though still without "depth". Defined physical outline of arms, fingers, legs and feet. Most appear in human form. They are able to communicate, although they have no mouth or ears that are noticeable. They do, however, have eyes. The Type 1 shadow are the servants of these creatures.

Well, those are the shadow creatures I have seen. May or may not be related to those pictures (looks like from the movie "Darkness Falls" to me).

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

And one or two people no fearing them won't stop it. I'm talking about the fear of all 6 billion humans (or all humans who believe in such things) decreasing and dissapearing. That's why I said that it would be easier for pigs to fly.

Very good point and theory, Bandit. Thanks for clarifying for me. I agree with you that if all of us collectively could stop fearing (which implies trust in SOMETHING), these forces would cease to have any power. I also agree about the pigs flying too

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Wow! I never anticipated receiving answers like this, and that already lots of you people responding have had some possibly related experiences, and others definate experiences. I will take your words valhalla and xenon. Thank you both for the information. So valhalla, you'd say they are evil, whatever they are and probably demonic. I just had another thought about this. What if these things are just evil from one or more people's or thing's thoughts, feelings, wishes, or what not that has concentrated and manifested into a form. Maybe it is intelligent and has life then, or maybe it is mindless and not alive like smoke and just meanders around wherever it was formed, but possesses these negative properties. For those of you who have had an experience, and if you can talk about it, was there any trauma or conflict from anyone or anything around the area(s) where your encounters took place? Anything negative at all? Of course, this is just another theory, and I still think a demon or minion of satan is most likely, especially with valhalla's valid opinion. Satan uses his powers and demons/fallen angels to deceive and mislead or intimidate people to pull them from God. However, these don't sound like they are trying to deceive, because no one would really trust one of them. These sound more like the kind that may try to possess people, such as in the Exorcist. Jesus Himself performed exorcising as it is written about, to rid people of these evil spirits. It is very unsettling stuff, but it is nice to know that there is something stronger of good that can defeat them. This all assumes that you believe the Bible of course.

In my case, it was most definitely an evil/demonic/AT LEAST malevolent spirit. I firmly believe it had one purpose, to find a home...some place to reside and continue to live the experiences that come from a corporeal life - a body. I believe that they target the weak of spirit, or more so the spiritually traumatized. I believe they target teenagers for this very reason - vulnerability, spiritual immaturity, spiritual wounds, etc. I do not believe they manifestations from within the person seeing them, but drawn to that person by the above vulnerabilities.

In my experience the goal was not to deceive. The only deception came in the form of me relinquishing my fears. I believe this was a trick, if you will, but not the goal. The goal was to find a home.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I believe they target teenagers for this very reason - vulnerability, spiritual immaturity, spiritual wounds, etc.

I'd agree here. The first time I saw a shadow creature was probably just before puberty... and I was developing my spiritual path. But on the same note, maybe the teenager is a good target because their minds are in turmoil, they are able to "see" differently?

I remember I was first afraid, because it was all new to me (I saw the crawling kind, type 3). It crawled from wall to floor, onto my bed, its face mere inches away from mine. Eventually, I "grew", and learned more about them. Now, I can (Valhall is going to lecture me, I think) provoke them, knowing they can do no harm.

I've made mention of this in a different thread..."What am I?"... in regards to my "other" self, he/it has the ability to... absorb... whatever he desires/combats (along the lines of a psychic vampire). One of the things absorbed is a shadow (so the assumption of needing a host is partially true); in astral form, my image is of a shadow, and having those abilities makes for some interesting manuvers.

But anyway, I am drifting off subject. Shadow creatures can do nothing (except for the type 5). They can only frighten... that is what gives them power.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, I'm not going to lecture anybody concerning these issues. This thread has been a learning experience for me. My experience happened in 1980 when I was 16 years old. Up until this thread I had no idea that there were theories that these could be of alien origin, or that there were more than one kind, etc. So I have enjoyed reading the various experiences, and theories surrounding this. I aint saying I buy the theories, but I do try to stay open-minded.

If I had to pick a type, I guess my experience was with Type 5. It was demonic...so you can see why I am biased in my thinking towards this.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've never come across actual texts reporting them. I have met other people who have seen them (also have seen "light" creatures). But the labeling is all mine.

I am just basing that on appearances, and psychic impressions. You can see the progression from type 1-3, but #4 being a great mass? This is because of the aura about it. The Type 5 (demon) I don't think would even go in here. It is shadow, but it is too "solid", and it doesn't fit in with the others...

I am glad to hear that there are others (other than my friends) who have seen these. I used to think I was crazy, and my friends were just playing along!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well, I assure you that there have been times over the years when I think back on this experience, and the aftermath it caused that I wondered if I was nuts. Then, about 10 years after my experience my sister (who knew what had happened to me) called me just freaking out. Her and her husband had a good friend that had confided an experience he had had that was almost identical to mine. That's when I started realizing that there was, indeed, something more than just my mind.

Since being here I have had the wonderful experience of two members sharing similar experiences.

There is something to this - at least the type I experienced.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, these types add a whole new dimension to this topic now. I'm curious as to why you Soothsayer have seen these things at different degrees of, I guess the ability to move and interact in our physical reality, and no one else has mentioned similar points. But maybe we will soon hear from more people. It sounds from your experiences that these beings have some kind of hierarchy? If so, who would be at the top beyond level 5? Have you considered that there aren't different types but just the same beings the whole time? I'm sure the same one could be any number of sizes and depending on certain situations or variables, will be more interactive with our 3D environment. Maybe what dictates how interactive it can get, (like your "level 5" that can break free from surfaces) depends on how much negative energies that are currently around that it depends on to grow and solidify. These energies could be like people's emotions like I mentioned before or desires. What do you think? Interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here is annother suggestion as to what some of the shadows seen are from a discussion that I came across at cassiopaea.org:

Q: (L) In one abduction where her son was involved, what
was the black shadowy thing that seemed like a moving
"nothing" on the ground?
A: Blocked grays.

Now I don't know what Blocked Grays means?

Everyone seems to agree that the shadows are spirits of some sort. I have a friend that often finds orbs in his pictures and showed me a photo with a dark swirl around someone. It obviously was a spirit and not a benevolent one, maybe a negative soul attachment?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How did I miss this thread for so long?

Anyway, yes, I have seen these kinds of things before. Most of them have been malevolent beings, and no, I'd rather not get into further detail here.

Let's just say that dealing with stuff like this is what led a friend to give me the name I use here.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
ive been a paranormal investigator for quite some time and in fact have investigated reports of these things, in fact at a location this summer, one of these things was witnessed by three team members simultaneously, but i balk at the idea that they are evil, demonic or that they feed off humans.....

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks for input wahoo, but why so?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I second the question, why do you believe wahoo that this thing cannot be evil in its nature?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Looking at those pictures really doesn't prove a thing to
me.
It looks like the same old trick photography to me.
Like those old victorian photos of spiritualist seances
and the ectoplasm emanating from the mediums.

If I get the feeling someone is watching me it's more like
my imagination or my paranoia instead of some ethereal
spooky entity.

Coming to think of it how come the ghosts and shadow
people bother everyone else but leave me alone?
Am I special or do they just hate the way I look?
I guess even spooks are prejudiced also.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join