It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
zerotime, thanks a bunch for that post! I think that is really the first time I've heard of a shadowperson helping outside of my own experiences as I stated above!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Your experiences sound very amazing and some of you sound even scare dont be I always say if you can not touch it, it can not hurt you but some of them are very real and you get a feeling of been touch by them. Since I can remember I was able to see things that others could not see specialy people I was never scare around them because they even call me by my name, one they when I was 6 years old I was playing whit my cousins when a man dress in white call my name he was floating in air or seem like it I ask my cousin if they could see him, the older ones got scare and ran inside the house and call my mother, she was aware that I could see things or people so she ask me how he look like and I told her, the next day I was shown a picture It was the same person I saw I was then explain that the picture was of a family member that die before I was born I then related all this things to death people and that was not a good thing so for many years after that I keep to myself and became very scare of this episodes I remember been so scare that I will cover myself with blanket from head to toe at night. throught the years I notices that they never hurt me or did any harm to me the people became shadows and they were not as clear as they where when I was a child but now at 43 I still can see them but more shadow than fisical I believe the reason we dont see them clear is due to been so scare of see them. I still have many other experiences but that will be on another time.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There shadows from another dimension and drift in and out as the membranes of the deminsions interact. Causes a lot of head problems on our side. Try doing a search for "String Theory" it will explain it better than I.

TUT

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
wow, i analyzed them

they're either well rendered or theyre real

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If these "Shadow People" do exist, then I'd be more inclined to think they are some kind of race of beings that are made of higher/lower frequency energy than us.

(all matter is merely concentrated energy operating at a specific frequency - ergo, if a race of beings were of a different frequency to everything else, they would be like ghosts - barely bleeding into our reality whenever they raised or lowered their frequency)

I don't buy any of this "Demons from the pits" Christian stuff though - sorry guys, but there's more chance Shadow People are the Tzitzimime than agents of Satan!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think this is the classic example of "Corner of the eye" scenario. you never see them full on proper, it's just a flash, or a shape moving across a wall...that dont mean sweet FA. we have a all manner of shapes in everyday house holds, and if ther are next to a window, a passing car could reflect the sunlight off it's bonet through your window causing the shadow, there, problem solved!

Although, if i had to go with an explination of a being, then i would have to go with K. Ronalds suggestion, there's no reason why that couldn't happen. Just think i have infinity of space and all it's possibilities.

As an example of how "powerful" infinity is, there's this quote... "I you have a infinate number of monkeys with an infinate number of typewriters they could write the complete works of shakespear"

Just think about it befor your dismiss it

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
No, that's not true. What I saw I saw "full on proper"; I watched pace back and forth across the room...and much more than that.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Being of sound mind and body, I'm not the type that is privy to hallucinations-- not in the least. In my younger years (the following happened approx. 4-5 years ago) I did experiment with a small array of drugs, and at one point I was trying Acid (which is '___', right?)... As I've said before, I've never 'seen' or hallucinated anything (or perhaps, anything else) in my life, regardless of what drugs I've tried.

I remember leaving a friend's house, late one night, and, as the primary link in this thread (The Anomolies Unlimited link) suggested, "Some catch them out of the corner of their eye and have harrowing, face to face encounters with them"-- and that is, simply, what I had.

The street was lined with large oak trees, and as I was crossing the street to my car, I had a distinct feeling that I wasn't alone (much like the feeling that eyes are on you) in the immediate area. I glanced around quickly, and I was absolutely sure I saw shadows moving through the darkness (that's the best way I can describe it). As I tried to focus on one, I noticed they (there were two that I noticed, but could've been more), they immediately began to dash behind the large trees.

Needless to say, I was shaken, and sped to my car, and took off as quickly as possible. Initially, I had speculated that those things that I saw were spirits, perhaps even ghost-- but later, after long review, I determined in my own mind that they were probably entities in/from another dimension, that, perhaps, had partially made themselves evident here.

Who knows? I can't really call it. The only thing I am sure of, is that I _know_ what I saw...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I am not sure if this constitutes a sighting but I have had several dreams where I am in a house with black and white tiles in a kitchen. While in the Kitchen I happen to look out the window to see a shadowy creature with bright red eyes and pure black body. I chase it out to a strange shed with a odd, red, glow about it. I look in only to see horrors that I can't describe here.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have seen dark shadowed and white shadowed people all my life and I am not in any drugs unless ibuprofin is an allucigent. They have warn me of personal things and other things usually medical warnings concerning my family and closet friends or just people I care about. When my sister was expecting her first child they warn me that her unborn child had the umbilical cord around his neck and to warn her that she will need a cesaria to deliver her baby, I actually was shown the inside of her womb and I saw it was a boy, now ,we are about 2000 miles apart, the next day I call her and I ask her if she had an ultrasound and she said no, not yet and she knew inmediatly that I knew something I explain what I was told, remember my family is use to my warnings, My sisters works in the medical field she had the ultrasound two days later and it was a boy and the cord was indeed around his neck and she had a cesarian section. This is not the only time I have given warnings about my family or friends and IT HAS BEEN A SHADOW PERSON INVOLVE (I DONOT USE DRUGS)

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Maybe it's me, but an educated guess would say that they are either ghosts or demons.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I had seen ogly beings but demons? I don,t think so the last time one of the nasties things showed itself to me I just told him to go find somebody else to scare, Guess what it did not came back, I think demons are in our imagination and this shadow beings knows that to, so they have a good time triying to scare us most of the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
About 10 yrs ago I saw 2 of them in our room.

Then with my fiance we were living with his dad and had 2 separate twin beds. I awoke to feel something staring at me. We had our beds in the shape of an L with a square table in the corner where we both had out feet pointed. So our head area of the bed was free and exposed. Above my head was a dark shadowy being, no eyes. When I sat up and screamed my fiance woke up to see another one above his head. Mine darted across the room towards my fiances shadow being and he jumped up and ran across his bed to mine. They met and ran quickly out of the bedroom door. He was so scared he went out to sleep on the couch, I slept with the light on.

They are about 3-4 feet tall, kinda portly and move very fast. Although they did not appear to be smokey in nature at all.

I don't know what they were doing each above our heads but from that point on, he always believed me when I got a feeling or saw somthing weird.

Scary!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There is a thread about this on the UKparanormal forums. Especially interesting is the long post on the 2nd page: [ Link is to page 2 on thread]
ukparanormal.proboards4.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the Shadow People seem to always wear hats? I have seen loads of photos of the Shadow People, and most of them seem to wear hats that looks like bowler hats. And I also read on a Shadow People website that also said that most of them seem to wear hats. Some people say that they are ghosts or demons, and I also heard that they could even be extraterrestrials and are working with the Greys.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Most Shadow People that are seen are seen out of the corners of the eye. It's not a rare occurence.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My shadow person (yes, the post on UK Paranormal was mine) was completely in the front of my vision. It even ran across my vision.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm in a 'hot spot' for these so called shadow people, but on a number of occasions both me and a close friend have seen these things.

I used to believe that the unexplained shadows were caused by someone/something wearing optical camouflage but I now have to disagree due to the number of people that have seen these things and the general overall feel that I get when I personally see these shadow beings.

From what I have seen, they come in two different types.

One is a humanoid shadow that ranges from moving really fast to sulking along fairly slow. This type almost never has a clear 'face' and you can't really discern any features, they are simply a general humanoid shape.

The other type is the scary ones.... the ones that make me shiver every time I see them. They are a huge amorphous shadow blob that very slowly slinks along (sometimes hugged against the walls, other times rolling near the center of the room) with no distinct features save for one, and that is their eyes.

Oh how those eyes haunt me. They are not that bad until they make eye contact with you, which isn't often, but when they do it's as if your blood runs cold and your heart stops. I would describe their eyes as menacing, evil...

Type one is ok by me, walk around and have fun. Type two, no thanks � it looks evil and when it makes eye contact feels evil.

Here is a picture of what type two looks like:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Haven't posted on here for a while, so forgive me if this is a repeat...

One of the reasons why a believe that the shadow creatures are... of a dark nature (no pun intended), is that there are also light people, of which I know a couple people who have seen them.

These light people, from what I have heard, fall into three different groups. A steady light in the shape of a human, a collection of sparkles in the shape of a person, and the form of swirling multi-colored light.

The ones which are made of the solid steady light are two dimensional, as are the shadows, and are also confined to flat surfaces.

The ones made out of sparkles, however, tend to appear three dimensional, and are not restricted to moving along walls and whatnots. They also seem to appear more well defined, complete with fingers. There seems to be a greater feeling of mass with them as well.

Those first two, I have only heard about, but the third I have seen.

With the swirling light, it does give the impression of tone, dimension, etcetera, but the overall shape is not as defined as the 'sparkly' one. They have the head, body, and appendages of a person, but no details, like eyes or fingers and such.

Oddly enough... the people who saw the 'sparkly' kind were afraid. They've said that the creature would just stand there, staring, not moving, just watching... it's head would turn and follow the person being observed. And when I saw the one made of swirling light, my reaction was one of 'what the f-'; I wasn't put on alert by it, just never saw one before. It, too, just watched, but tried to hide itself by stay-ing in bushes or behind things, whereas the sparkly kind didn't make any attempt to hide.

So, then, any one else see/hear of these light creatures? My thoughts are that they, and the shadows, are from the same plane, just different factions.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
about those "light" people you made reference to, i believe i had an encounter with one, being the type made of sparkles in the shape of a person, but no discerning features otherwise. strange thing was, i didn't realized what happened until after the fact...it was an interesting experience, but one that kind of leaves me more curious alongside being a bit frightened

what had went down was that i been laying down in front of our wall heater (my body gets cold really easily), only to eventually have this entity over my body. i couldn't move an inch, and i could hear this distorted laughter...and...dare i say it? i felt as if this creature had been trying to rape me, or something malevolent to that extent (and for the record, i am a male). weird, huh?

shadow people have been other entities that i've witnessed...once, when i had been led around the backyard by an invisible force, it told me to hold still, and to prepare myself to make my across the yard, when the wind shifted into high gear which was then i had ran across for it told me to do it then. at that moment, i caught a full on sight of about ten to twenty "shadow" people, each appearing human, but without again, any discernable facial features...although there had been this one i was trying to get closer to, who seemed so somber, with her black dress and black hat ("she" somewhat resembled the ladies of late 1800 and early 1900 england) but every attempt ended with her fleeing backwards, only to dissappear each time i finally stood where she had once been.

i'm serious about this, folks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join