It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Anyone study Kabbalah? It teaches your senses are far from imperfect, your in a tiny box, and that is all you sense when an entire room is there... These "inbetweeners" could be people that have mastered themselves, and have the ability to move from plane to plane freely. Or it could be real time travel...

Hmm... it's too mysterious must sleep and ponder lol

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidN

But don't these people have anything better to do than stand over random people's beds with no connection whatsoever to them? Why aren't they up in the CIA headquarters instead of loitering at my house? All the ones I've had the displeasure of seeing are rascals and bullies and perverts.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleTruth

wow very interesting! I am not sure... scary tho

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

I also read...that someone thought maybe they appear to us in a form our brains do not understand so it reshapes them into a form we can accepts because it cannot grasp what they really are.... does not make sense?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidN

maybe a more advanced ghost! I have heard people tell have shadow people have actually followed them in daylight! and how they do it often! Most ghost sitings the ghost does not actually let you know they are aware of you!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I no longer laugh at this stuff.

Several years ago, I was a contractor doing work in many Kmart stores, and one store manager off-handedly mentioned his "haunted store," and when pressed, told me about some things.

As time went on, employees mentioned strange things that occurred near the rear of the store. I'd find myself walking toward the rear and "someone" was suddenly walking alongside me, but when I turned to see who it was, there was no one there.

On night after the store was closed, there were three of us, Sonny who worked for me, and a Kmart employee named Jimmy.

Leaving the massive stockroom, we heard all kinds of shelving being vigorously tossed about in an upstairs room where shelving was stored, and we commented that Jimmy must be really pissed as it sounded like he was just flinging all these shelves as violently as he could, and then walked out into the main store.

Several aisles down, there was Jimmy stocking. Sonny and I looked at each other, asking Jimmy who was in the stockroom upstairs tossing shelving, and he was confused as we were, but all three reentered the stockroom, and there was no noise.

Jimmy walked up the stairs, unlocked the door, and every shelf and every box of brackets was in place. We were stunned, and surprisingly, Jimmy believed us. He told us that the previous week, a young girl was in the stockroom and quit when an empty,rolling four-shelf stocking cart rolled across a few feet of floor, pinned her hard up against the wall, and she couldn't get loose for a few terror-filled minutes.

So the three of us walked down the main aisle to the Service Desk, and were talking about some of the weird crap that went on.

I jokingly yelled toward the rear of the store yelling for whatever ghosts were there, to show us a sign we couldn't mistake since all three of us were present. I admit I cursed, used profanity, taunted and dared these ghosts who could only play games, and were too chicken**** to do anything of any significance.

I taunted and taunted when the sporting goods shelving on the rear wall, with all the camping gear, all the sleeping bags, all the stoves, lanterns, etc., came off the wall at once and crashed into the floor. The shelving remained, but all merchandise was suddenly on the floor.

Sonny told me if I EVER did anything like that again, he was going to whip my posterior, but not in that language.

Later that night, leaving the stockroom headed toward the main store, a 24' ladder just missed me as I approached the stock room door, scaring the crap out of me.

A few nights later, at my home an hour away, I awoke with someone standing at the foot of my bed just staring. It was not exactly black, but rather a complete absence of light. Shadow or black doesn't do these things justice. It's the darkest, blackest, absence of light one can imagine.

And malevolent! I'm wide awake, and while I've been decorated for valor under fire multiple times, I've never been so scared in all my life. This thing was evil. Bad beyond bad. I could barely breath, I could not believe what I was seeing, and didn't think this wide-awake nightmare would ever end.

After a minute or minute and a half or so, it disappeared.

I have no idea what is was, but folks, you ever see one, you'll not be joking about them, or laughing about them, and every time you recall the incident, the hair on your head, neck, and arms will stand straight up.

Never want to see another.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
While I have no conclusions as to what shadow people might be, a friend of mine claims to have seen them since childhood, and when she found out in recent years that others have reported seeing them, it disturbed her pretty deeply. Before she'd told me about her experiences and made me aware of their possible existence, I actually had my own instance of seeing a shadow person in her home (where I rented a room at the time), it really and truly terrified me unlike anything I'd experienced before. Make of that what you will, I just thought I'd share what me and mine have experienced in regard to the topic.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So far I have had three encounters with dark beings. One visited me in my bed, and was looking through the doorway, the other one was on top of me in my bed, and the other one was besides me trying to stick something in my mouth.

I have no idea what it was, perhaps some demons, perhaps many things, however, I have noticed that the more energy I acquire, the more evil the people surrounding me tend to be.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm new here, this is my first post and I really wanted to put in my $0.02 about this particular subject and my own experience as a teen.

'Shadow people' DO exist... although I hate that term for them - before I found all the info online I refereed to them as the 'Dark People'. Let me first start by saying I am a skeptic. I don't buy into religion, never seen a ghost, don't think UFO's exist, santa, unicorns or the tooth fairy. I don't have mental/sleeping issues and nor was I under the influence of anything. I strongly believe in needing scientific evidence to explain everything - but seeing and experiencing them first hand was plenty enough real for me.

I first started seeing them how others mentioned too... out the corner of your eye. Small, quick little things that almost seem to 'taunt' you. I've never noticed them to have any features... they seemed round in shape to me and all black. But they move so quickly I've never seen one for longer than a few seconds (If I were to draw them, it would be as a black blurry circle, about 1ft in diameter) I kept convincing myself I just had an over active imagination because the sightings were not that significant and whilst I could feel their presence they never struck me as particularly evil - more mischievous. Although frightening and unnatural... yes.

Another night I saw a silhouette in the doorway, again a black figure... no features but I sensed it was female... I don't remember specifically seeing it/her wearing a dress but I always *felt* it was wearing a long flowing dress/night gown. It stood and observed me... standing approx 4ft tall - somewhere level to the door handle. At the time I didn't connect her to the small fast shadows I'd been seeing (because they were so different in appearance/behavior) but had the same eerie uneasy feeling around her.

One evening on my way to the bathroom I caught a glimpse of a dark figure out the corner of my eye. I turned and looked and it didn't dart away or even make any gesture that it had seen/acknowledged me. It was tall, I'd guess 8-9ft plus.. his neck was bent at the ceiling a little. He was moving, but slowly and he didn't seem to focus on me. He was a black silhouette, except with dim orange auras as eyes - they were not perfectly round 'human' eyes... a little bigger but in the same positioning. It was a mans form (this one had legs too), with a top hat. No other clothing details or noticeable features. It was like he was casually strolling around the house and didn't notice/look at me. I felt an overwhelming sense of fear and power from this one - I only ever saw him a handful of times and he kept his distance always. He was noticeably more docile and never once targeted me - yet anytime I saw him I would be beyond terrified. At the time (when I had NO info or clue on what they were/could be or even that all the individual sightings were related) I got the feeling that he knew he had got his message across to me and kept his distance because he knew I couldn't handle him being any closer. (I remember actually feeling I would have a heart attack / panic attack or black out if he ever were to get any closer or actually try engage me).

My scariest experience happened when I was in bed with my Nan (I was around 15 at the time), she is a bad sleeper and was awake in bed next to me eating a bowl of cereal in the middle of the night. I saw in a dream what would happen before it did (I know that sounds wacky, and I've never had a 'premonition' like that happen before or since the incident either). I saw a approx 5ft one standing at the end of my bed. It climbed onto the bed. crawled between my legs towards my chest (in a non sexual manner) and was going to strangle me (I didn't see this, but somehow *knew* clearly what it intended). Before he reached me in the dream I woke up and sat bolt up in bed. The exact same way I had seen it in my dream, it was standing at the foot of the bed. I noticed they weren't pure black and they had always seemed. He was a dark grey with every color swirled through out (but so whispily that it appears to form one solid dark color) - that is the best way I can describe it. This was only visible when they were within 3-4ft of me, any further away and they appeared as a solid black mass. This one had no distinguishable features, I saw some suggestion of legs/knees when it crawled onto the bed in my 'dream' but can't know for sure. It had a stocky build and a human shape but not in proportion. No details like fingers, but the outline of thick arms, body, head and shoulders - almost how a young child might draw a person.
Whilst this was happening I said to my nan ''can't you see it?'' and when I questioned her about it later on, she said she didn't look around for anything because she couldn't take her eyes off my face. She said my eyes were rolled into the back of my head and my mouth was wide open and I was making a hissing noise. She thought I was convulsing or something and it scared her.

That incident was the last straw for my nan. Apparently I wasn't the first... she herself would feel the little fast ones climb onto her bed and run across her at high speed - she said it felt like they had 4 legs/feet like a dog or cat might. She never saw them, and whenever they were around she would feel frozen with fear and literally be unable to move. My granddad didn't believed her, but one night he felt it too and (thinking it was my nan messing around) he sat up and smacked it off the bed. He didn't see anything, but felt his hand come into contact with it so it is a physical form and not smoke. After that they never ever bugged my granddad again it was like they were scared of him.

My mom had an experience too. When I was much younger (4-5 years old maybe) and we were in the process of moving house we staying at my nans house for a few months until the new place was ready. One day my mom was having a nap upstairs and she said she heard what she thought was me on the landing.. so she pretended to be asleep and closed her eyes. I don't have a very detailed account of exactly what happened, but she couldn't fully open her eyes just a little way and all she could see was two long thin arms to her neck that appeared to be hairy.

My uncle (mothers brother) had a few experiences. As a child he talked about a boy who sat at the end of his bed and talked to him. And 'dark men' he told to leave him alone and he forced them to ''live into the closet''. So he learned to control them and contain them.

My father also had an experience that unsettled him, but to this day will not speak of it.

Anyway... my Nan called in a guy that did paranormal investigation/chat on a radio channel she listened to. The guy came out, asked questions and seemed to know what they were as soon as I described them and drew pictures of what I had seen. He went up and did an exorcism. I pretty much just rolled my eyes at what he was saying at the time thinking he was a Christian blessing the house or something... but after that I never saw or felt them again so he must of done something right.

We asked about the exorcism later on (as I'm very skeptical about religion and the likes) and he told me he had an out of body experience and banished them from the house. He said he slows his breathing and heart rate down considerably and can leave his body to experience other dimensions and see into the future. He said the 'shadow people' are to scare you out of your level of consciousness to keep you in the one dimension. He said they do feed off fear, and ultimately you can learn to control them - but once you get past the first few they get stronger and stronger... whilst the basic ones seem harmless there ARE ones that can hurt you at higher levels.

He said people who are seeing them are more in touch with their physic side, it is usually around the time your gearing down from bed - but has nothing to do with deluded sleep visions. They need a dimly lit room to appear in physical form - which is when they have the most power to affect people. You need to be in a meditation like state to change your form into energy (your soul per say) to cross into the other dimensions, they are all layered over one an other.

I can't tell you how much of what he said is correct. But they left that house and the whole atmosphere just felt better and it wasn't just 'in my head' because at first I didn't take him seriously and wrote him off as some religious flack. It was only when I knew whatever he had done had worked that I started to take him at face value. Because lets face it, that kind of information is very hard to process for someone like me and especially at the age of 15/16 years. And I did try to have my own out of body experience how he told me he does it but it didn't work - but I might of just been doing it wrong lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
"...VASISTHA continued: Some ghosts (pisaca) have an ethereal body though endowed with hands and feet and they see people like you. Others have fearful shadowy forms; they overwhelm the bodies of human beings and influence their minds. Some of them kill or harm people. Some are like fog or mist and others have dream-like bodies...." - Vasistha's Yoga

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I've studied quite a bit on the Shadow People and have seen a few. From that my conclusion/opinions are as follows;
They are beings, not "demons"or benevolent and never were people(ie spirits, ghosts). I refer to them as interdenominational beings(to say they are not of our dimension but from some other). Why these beings visit our realm for is not known but perhaps they hold knowledge we are not allowed to find out as of yet. It seems they have crossed from their plane to ours, and possibly to others, knowing or not("crack" in the space time continuum). Some may just exist in between these planes.
Upon their manifest, often not noticing us(as the ones I've came across). Their shade is close to that of a misty black human figure, but no human features of the face, figures, etc.
Best advice I can give is, acknowledge(pictures are okay) them but do not try to contact and or follow them. As we do not know what they are capable of.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I have seen eyes and teeth.. if they don't open them you just see black.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I believe that shadow people only appear as shadows to us because of limitations in our own brain to perceive other rates of vibration. I say this based on an experience I had with one "shadow" being.

My mother, my dog and I were all in the living room watching TV. Now in our living room at that time we did not have ordinary sofas but kind of benches with a foam cover. Anyway, one was against the wall and the other in front of it, in the middle of the room near the door. My mother was on the one near the wall and I was on the one near the door. My dog was underneath my bench.

Anyway, after a while my mother fell asleep on the bench. She was lying on her side with her feet curled up, leaving a bit of a space near her feet for one person to sit in. Anyway, I closed my eyes for quite a while and when I opened them, there was this shadow of a person SITTING there in that space on the bench below my mother's feet. I could clearly see the outline of its head (seemingly bald), shoulders, arms, everything. This may seem funny but I had the distinct impression it was watching TV.

Anyway, it would be easy to dismiss this as me just hallucinating or still dreaming or whatever, but just at the point that I looked straight at it, two other things happened at the same time. One, it started very slowly to fade. (I got the distinct impression here that it was caught off-guard, that it thought I was asleep and would not wake any time soon and that was why it was sitting there in a very relaxed manner.) Two, my dog started growling. I looked down at him under my bench and he was also staring directly at the shadow being. The way he was growling was the way he would growl when there is a human intruder in the property. People with dogs would know when a dog is barking at a cat, another dog, or a person. They bark differently each time. This time, my dog was barking as if there were a HUMAN INTRUDER in the house.

Now, this encounter gave me the following insights into this phenomenon:

1. These beings are intelligent and react to whatever is happening around them.
2. They can interact with objects in our world. For instance, this particular one sat on the bench. It did not sit where my mother was sitting, but in the empty space on the bench. This means they can see clearly into our realm and can interact with things here.
3. For some strange reason, they do not want to be seen. I am not buying the "they are afraid of us" theory. For instance, if this particular being were afraid of us, it wouldn't have sat there (in a seemingly very relaxed manner) among us. If you could see a bunch of ghosts in a room, would you sit among them? I believe there is a reason why they do not want to be seen. It seems almost like they are following a rule (you can enter that dimension but remember, you should not be seen!)
4. As stated above, my dog seems to have perceived the shadow not as a shadow but as a real person. My dog is not given to barking at mere shadows and I believe he really did see this being in its "real form." This leads me to believe that they are indeed vibrating at another level of frequency that dogs (and maybe animals) can tune into.

Anyway, just sharing these insights about this fascinating phenomenon.
edit on 14-8-2011 by topquark because: added details

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I forgot to share another fascinating encounter that was experienced not by me but by my brother and a male friend of his. They were in my mother's bedroom in an apartment we used to stay in looking at my brother's new electric guitar, which he stored in that particular room because that room was the largest one in the house and had a lot of extra room.

Anyway, they were busy talking guitars when all of a sudden they distinctly heard the sound of what seemed to be a motorcycle right there inside the room. They thought at first that it must be some sort of sound distortion and the sound must be coming from the street, even though this apartment itself was quite far from the street and this room in particular was situated behind the apartment, so whatever went on in the street usually could not be heard from here. Anyway, a few seconds after hearing that sound of a motorcycle starting up, suddenly, out of the wall, there materialized this shadow of a SMALL MAN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE. It went right past them, between them. They actually felt the wind of the "being's" passage and in fact it blew their hair out and the guitar tablatures they were looking at that were on the bed got blown all across the room, just as if a real motorcycle had passed.

I know this seems too weird to believe but I believe them and my brother, who is not the jokester kind, would tell this story up to now in all earnestness.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenZeroOne
Hmmm...could be ghosts? How are 'shadow men' supposed to be different from ghosts/spirits? "Shadowmen" sounds like a tribal Indian name for what most people would label a ghost.

The indian shaman that I am familiar with would certainly not call a "ghost" a "shadow person".

A shadow person would refer to a manifestation in this reality of inorganic beings from a different dimension. They are usually seen as being somewhat bad (evil is not the word), as they want to control you.

That is, if you believe in shamanic Mayan beliefs. There is some similiar concepts in Tibet and northern India that lends some support, although it is not very focused on as the two different spiritual sets have different processes and priorities.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have seen two distinct types of shadow people before.

The first type was one I saw while living in this one house growing up. THis house was haunted. Certified (if there were such thing) haunted. The shadow people I would see there were roughly about 3-4 feet tall. and are shapeless masses. they tend to move very fast and do not like to be seen. withdrawing almost immediately. You can see the darkness of them standing out even in a dark room or house. They seem to be harmless and more a kin to ghost or spirits. They have a curiosity to them but do not like to be observed. usually you see them out of the corner of your eye and only catch a glimps of them as the retreat. The easiest way to see them is to catch them unaware. they frequent rooms often not in use. Suddenly and with out warning quickly enter one of those rooms. and you can often (if they are inhabiting the house your doing this in) catch them "flatfooted" so to speak and can get a better glance at them before they flee. Often you can sense them too, like a feeling of being watched, but not in a hostile way. Some times you can see them as a slowly expanding shadowy mass in say a corner of a room. When they are like that you can observe them for a few minutes at a time. At first you think it's just your eyes playing tricks on you but once you start to really look you find that no thats really something I'm observing thats there. although they are not dangerous it is pretty creepy to see.

The second type of shadow person I saw was more like a wraith. This entity I believed to be interdimensional or from somewhere else. This thing was not a shadowy shapeless mass. this thing was clearly a person in shape.

I was standing in my backyard in Los Angeles in a pretty busy part of town. The back yard has a pool in it and is well lite by floodlights, which were on at the time. (it was roughly 8PMish) I was on the far end of the backyard and the pool was between me and the house. On the other side of the pool between me and the house I saw something very very strange. I for some reason felt compeled to look at the sky. Suddenly and only briefly for a second or so it looked like the sky was a negative image. the stars were black pin points and the normally black sky was suddenly a amber/sepia color. As the sky changed back I looked towards my house. thats when i saw it. Between the pool and the house is a concrete patio with common wall with my neighbors back yard. SO I'm on the far side of the back yard across the pool, and between me and the house on the other side of the pool between me and the house I watched a glossy (like it was wet) black ball ooze out of the cinder block wall seperating my neighbors back yard and mine. Now keep in mind this part of the wall, the whole patio really is well illuminated by a pair of floodlights. This thing was not in the shadows it was right there in the flood light. So it oozes out of the wall at about knee height. ANd takes shape a half second later to that of a man crouched down with it's arms wrapped around it's knees sorta duck walking out of the wall. As soon as it was clear it stood up and took a few steps (id say about three) right there on the concrete patio, in the flood lights. In mid stride it paused and slowly looked over at me with it's head sorta cocked as if curious. the body language was like what the hell is that, while looking at me. i seemed just as strange to it and it looked clearly un expecting to see me. Sorta like it's reality and mind mixed for a second and we were sharing a same plane of existence or something. The entity turned slowly on it's heels and went right back to the spot of the wall it came out of, crouched down and ducked walked back into it disappearing. The entity looked solid, it was walking on the ground not floating. It appeared like a athletic man about 6 foot tall in a flat black full body suit. It was so black in color it looked like it was absorbing all of the light that hit it from the floodlights. But I could tell it's build and shape because when it moved the silhouette of it showed its shape. Note-when it was in the shape of a person it was flat black like I described above but when it would morph into that blob and ooze into the wall it was glossy. During the whole experience I didn't feel any terror. i was scared but not terrified. the entities body language wasn't hostile. it was sorta startled by me and it was the first one to leave. The whole experience from start to finish was maybe 20-25 seconds long I'm figuring. I ran back into the house and never went back out that night. and always would check my six to make sure nothing was behind me when I was in that backyard after that. A few years later at the same house I finally moved into the tiny guest house in the bakc yard. one night me and my cousin (he saw it first) watched it stand in the corner of my room watching us for a good 15 minutes. this time it was only about 5 foot tall and appeared to be wearing a cloak. It just sorta disappeared on it's own like it disaperrated as we watched it. My sister also saw something similar on a few occasions but thought it was the ghost of an old man.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Furry Texan, I've been told by a lot of people that these things although not totally evil as if demonic are still not good things. Strangely the time I saw this wraith like thing I think is some interdimensional entity it did not feel evil at all. it seemed curious and very calm. although it clearly did not want to be around me as if it didn't want to be seen at that time, not that it's afraid of being seen. the experience sorta reminds me of the stories of when some one sees sasquatch in the woods and the sasquatch sees them, doesn't hang around but isn't fearful and feeling from you either, slightly curious about you but eager to get away and stay hidden. But def. not afraid of you. To me I think from it's perspective everything looked normal like it was still in it's reality and I looked like a shadow person to it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

If it is the same phenomena expressed in Mexican shamanic lore, the being would possibly not want to be seen at first, but it would be coming to you based on your request (although it may not be a real request insomuch as a percieved request).

They are not evil, they are just prone to acting in ways that meet their own desires. That can mean trapping you in their domain by luring you with promises of esoteric power.

Some good reading on this subject:

www.thenagualbook.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

All the information you and others are discussing is very interesting but seriously?

Shadow people?

I'm a huge fan of mythology, sci-fi, cryptozoology and I would surely love to learn that bigfoot, nessie, mothman, chupacabra (spelling of that?) is real but I have a difficult time when It comes to ghosts and shadow people.

All this discussion gravitates towards two issues.

1) All the evidence presented in this post is hear say. Could all be easily explained by cars moving in the night casting shadows with there lights on your house walls, trees moving in the moonlight casting shadows on your walls etc... I cannot debunk the sightings however I feel the burden of proof here is on the people who claim these shadow people are real. Not just 'I know what I saw' because yes, you probably saw something strange that you can't explain so you attribute your experience to shadow people but this doesn't make it true.

2) There is 0 proof that the paranormal exists. Think about that. 0 proof. I've been reading all the topics on ATS for over 10 years including paranormal, I used to basically believe believe in the paranormal but the more I read the more I realised that there was 0 proof. Same with ghosts, religion, mythology etc...

None of this is real, shadow people 99.9% do not exist (I will never say 100% in case I am wrong, hence why I'm agnostic, I don't believe 100% in anything even quantum physics). That is my stance on the matter until somebody provides some sort of proof, granted I am aware proof of such things are extremely difficult as encounters often only last for seconds when people don't expect it. But if it's out there, it's got to be measurable.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Kali is represented as a Black woman with four arms; in one hand she has a sword, in another the head of the demon she has slain, with the other two she is encouraging her worshippers. For earrings she has two dead bodies and wears a necklace of skulls ; her only clothing is a girdle made of dead men's hands, and her tongue protrudes from her mouth. Her eyes are red, and her face and breasts are besmeared with blood. She stands with one foot on the thigh, and another on the breast of her husband.

Kali's fierce appearances have been the subject of extensive descriptions in several earlier and modern works. Though her fierce form is filled with awe- inspiring symbols, their real meaning is not what it first appears- they have equivocal significance:

Kali's blackness symbolizes her all-embracing, comprehensive nature, because black is the color in which all other colors merge; black absorbs and dissolves them. 'Just as all colors disappear in black, so all names and forms disappear in her' (Mahanirvana Tantra). Or black is said to represent the total absence of color, again signifying the nature of Kali as ultimate reality. This in Sanskrit is named as nirguna (beyond all quality and form). Either way, Kali's black color symbolizes her transcendence of all form.

A devotee poet says:

"Is Kali, my Divine Mother, of a black complexion?
She appears black because She is viewed from a distance;
but when intimately known She is no longer so.
The sky appears blue at a distance, but look at it close by
and you will find that it has no colour.
The water of the ocean looks blue at a distance,
but when you go near and take it in your hand,
you find that it is colourless."

... Ramakrishna Paramhansa (1836-86)

Kali's nudity has a similar meaning. In many instances she is described as garbed in space or sky clad. In her absolute, primordial nakedness she is free from all covering of illusion. She is Nature (Prakriti in Sanskrit), stripped of 'clothes'. It symbolizes that she is completely beyond name and form, completely beyond the illusory effects of maya (false consciousness). Her nudity is said to represent totally illumined consciousness, unaffected by maya. Kali is the bright fire of truth, which cannot be hidden by the clothes of ignorance. Such truth simply burns them away.

She is full-breasted; her motherhood is a ceaseless creation. Her disheveled hair forms a curtain of illusion, the fabric of space - time which organizes matter out of the chaotic sea of quantum-foam. Her garland of fifty human heads, each representing one of the fifty letters of the Sanskrit alphabet, symbolizes the repository of knowledge and wisdom. She wears a girdle of severed human hands- hands that are the principal instruments of work and so signify the action of karma. Thus the binding effects of this karma have been overcome, severed, as it were, by devotion to Kali. She has blessed the devotee by cutting him free from the cycle of karma. Her white teeth are symbolic of purity (Sans. Sattva), and her lolling tongue which is red dramatically depicts the fact that she consumes all things and denotes the act of tasting or enjoying what society regards as forbidden, i.e. her indiscriminate enjoyment of all the world's "flavors".

Kali's four arms represent the complete circle of creation and destruction, which is contained within her. She represents the inherent creative and destructive rhythms of the cosmos. Her right hands, making the mudras of "fear not" and conferring boons, represent the creative aspect of Kali, while the left hands, holding a bloodied sword and a severed head represent her destructive aspect. The bloodied sword and severed head symbolize the destruction of ignorance and the dawning of knowledge. The sword is the sword of knowledge, that cuts the knots of ignorance and destroys false consciousness (the severed head). Kali opens the gates of freedom with this sword, having cut the eight bonds that bind human beings. Finally her three eyes represent the sun, moon, and fire, with which she is able to observe the three modes of time: past, present and future. This attribute is also the origin of the name Kali, which is the feminine form of 'Kala', the Sanskrit term for Time.

Another symbolic but controversial aspect of Kali is her proximity to the cremation ground:

O Kali, Thou art fond of cremation grounds;
so I have turned my heart into one
That thou, a resident of cremation grounds,
may dance there unceasingly.
O Mother! I have no other fond desire in my heart;
fire of a funeral pyre is burning there;
O Mother! I have preserved the ashes of dead bodies all around
that Thou may come.
O Mother! Keeping Shiva, conqueror of Death, under Thy feet,
Come, dancing to the tune of music;
Prasada waits With his eyes closed

... Ramprasad (1718-75)

Kali's dwelling place, the cremation ground denotes a place where the five elements (Sanskrit: pancha mahabhuta) are dissolved. Kali dwells where dissolution takes place. In terms of devotion and worship, this denotes the dissolving of attachments, anger, lust, and other binding emotions, feelings, and ideas. The heart of the devotee is where this burning takes place, and it is in the heart that Kali dwells. The devotee makes her image in his heart and under her influence burns away all limitations and ignorance in the cremation fires. This inner cremation fire in the heart is the fire of knowledge, (Sanskrit: gyanagni), which Kali bestows.

The image of a recumbent Shiva lying under the feet of Kali represents Shiva as the passive potential of creation and Kali as his Shakti. The generic term Shakti denotes the Universal feminine creative principle and the energizing force behind all male divinity including Shiva. Shakti is known by the general name Devi, from the root 'div', meaning to shine. She is the Shining One, who is given different names in different places and in different appearances, as the symbol of the life-giving powers of the Universe. It is she that powers him. This Shakti is expressed as the i in Shiva's name. Without this i, Shiva becomes Shva, which in Sanskrit means a corpse. Thus suggesting that without his Shakti, Shiva is powerless or inert.

Kali is a particularly appropriate image for conveying the idea of the world as the play of the gods. The spontaneous, effortless, dizzying creativity of the divine reflex is conveyed in her wild appearance. Insofar as kali is identified with the phenomenal world, she presents a picture of that world that underlies its ephemeral and unpredictable nature. In her mad dancing, disheveled hair, and eerie howl there is made present the hint of a world reeling, careening out of control. The world is created and destroyed in Kali's wild dancing, and the truth of redemption lies in man's awareness that he is invited to take part in that dance, to yield to the frenzied beat of the Mother's dance of life and death.

O Kali, my Mother full of Bliss! Enchantress of the almighty Shiva!
In Thy delirious joy Thou dancest, clapping Thy hands together!
Thou art the Mover of all that move, and we are but Thy helpless toys

...Ramakrishna Paramhans

Kali and her attendants dance to rhythms pounded out by Shiva (Lord of destruction) and his animal-headed attendants who dwell in the Himalayas. Associated with chaos and uncontrollable destruction, Kali's own retinue brandishes swords and holds aloft skull cups from which they drink the blood that intoxicates them. Kali, like Shiva, has a third eye, but in all other respects the two are distinguished from one another. In contrast to Shiva's sweet expression, plump body, and ash white complexion, dark kali's emaciated limbs, angular gestures, and fierce grimace convey a wild intensity. Her loose hair, skull garland, and tiger wrap whip around her body as she stomps and claps to the rhythm of the dance.

Many stories describe Kali's dance with Shiva as one that "threatens to destroy the world" by its savage power. Art historian Stella Kramrisch has noted that the image of kali dancing with Shiva follows closely the myth of the demon Daruka. When Shiva asks his wife Parvati to destroy this demon, she enters Shiva's body and transforms herself from the poison that is stored in his throat. She emerges from Shiva as Kali, ferocious in appearance, and with the help of her flesh eating retinue attacks and defeats the demon. Kali however became so intoxicated by the blood lust of battle that her aroused fury and wild hunger threatened to destroy the whole world. She continued her ferocious rampage until Shiva manifested himself as an infant and lay crying in the midst of the corpse-strewn field. Kali, deceived by Shiva's power of illusion, became calm as she suckled the baby. When evening approached, Shiva performed the dance of creation (tandava) to please the goddess. Delighted with the dance, Kali and her attendants joined in.

This terrific and poignant imagery starkly reveals the nature of Kali as the Divine Mother. Ramaprasad expresses his feelings thus:

Behold my Mother playing with Shiva,
lost in an ecstasy of joy!
Drunk with a draught of celestial wine,
She reels, and yet does not fall.
Erect She stands on Shiva's bosom,
and the earth Trembles under Her tread;
She and Her Lord are mad with frenzy,
casting Aside all fear and shame.

... Ramprasad (1718-75)

Kali's human and maternal qualities continue to define the goddess for most of her devotees to this day. In human relationships, the love between mother and child is usually considered the purest and strongest. In the same way, the love between the Mother Goddess and her human children is considered the closest and tenderest relationship with divinity. Accordingly, Kali's devotees form a particularly intimate and loving bond with her. But the devotee never forgets Kali's demonic, frightening aspects. He does not distort Kali's nature and the truths she reveals; he does not refuse to meditate on her terrifying features. He mentions these repeatedly in his songs but is never put off or repelled by them. Kali may be frightening, the mad, forgetful mistress of a world spinning out of control, but she is, after all, the Mother of all. As such, she must be accepted by her children- accepted in wonder and awe, perhaps, but accepted nevertheless. The poet in an intimate and lighter tone addresses the Mother thus:

O Kali! Why dost Thou roam about nude?
Art Thou not ashamed, Mother!
Garb and ornaments Thou hast none;
yet Thou Pridest in being King's daughter.
O Mother! Is it a virtue of Thy family that Thou
Placest thy feet on Thy husband?
Thou art nude; Thy husband is nude; you both roam cremation grounds.
O Mother! We are all ashamed of you; do put on thy garb.
Thou hast cast away Thy necklace of jewels, Mother,
And worn a garland of human heads.
Prasada says, "Mother! Thy fierce beauty has frightened
Thy nude consort.

... Ramaprasad

The soul that worships becomes always a little child: the soul that becomes a child finds God oftenest as mother. In a meditation before the Blessed Sacrament, some pen has written the exquisite assurance: "My child, you need not know much in order to please Me. Only Love Me dearly. Speak to me, as you would talk to your mother, if she had taken you in her arms."

Kali's boon is won when man confronts or accepts her and the realities she dramatically conveys to him. The image of Kali, in a variety of ways, teaches man that pain, sorrow, decay, death, and destruction are not to be overcome or conquered by denying them or explaining them away. Pain and sorrow are woven into the texture of man's life so thoroughly that to deny them is ultimately futile. For man to realize the fullness of his being, for man to exploit his potential as a human being, he must finally accept this dimension of existence. Kali's boon is freedom, the freedom of the child to revel in the moment, and it is won only after confrontation or acceptance of death. To ignore death, to pretend that one is physically immortal, to pretend that one's ego is the center of things, is to provoke Kali's mocking laughter. To confront or accept death, on the contrary, is to realize a mode of being that can delight and revel in the play of the gods. To accept one's mortality is to be able to let go, to be able to sing, dance, and shout. Kali is Mother to her devotees not because she protects them from the way things really are but because she reveals to them their mortality and thus releases them to act fully and freely, releases them from the incredible, binding web of "adult" pretense, practicality, and rationality.

Blessed be all,
As a follower of Khali, i know a great deal about these beings as my mentor has taught me about what they do and how they do it! They wosh us to stray from the truth and kill ourselves ( if that doesn't succeed they try to possess you and take your life ).
THEY WISH US NOTHING GOOD! THEY WANT US OFF THE PATH THAT IS TRUTH!
They are the helpers of Daruka the daemon that wishes to destroy the human race!

However they can be stopped from entering your house:
1 Place your birthstone in bowl made of glass, crystal or metal ( these are the most conductive of positive energies ), pour water in to the bowl until your bowl is two thirds full. ( Keep it at this level by refreshing the water daily )
2 Add to the water in the bowl, the estheric oil that appeals the most to you ( no more than 2 drops per 500 ml of water )
3 Ask a priest or other representative of your religion or belief to come and say a prayer of protection in your house while you sprinkle SEA SALT in a circular motion around them
4 Hang a bundle of Smudge on the inside of the doorframe above your door to bar them entrance

I hope that these things help you fight them in your house, If they try to attack you outside the only thing that helps is having a necklace made of silver with hanger on it containing your birthstone.

Namasté

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join