It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Who really knows who the "shadow people" are and what they want? Those are two simple questions, but we don't have the info to answer them correctly. I am a biological scientist and know physics kinda well. I've had several (8) experiences with these shadow beings. They are intrusive, want their privacy, and are everywhere you think they aren't. They can appear at night, day, while one is awake, asleep, and mostly in places with alot of history (or buildings at least 30 yrs. old, from personal experience). You'll usually feel weaker after a visit from them because they take your energy as you sleep or are distracted. They are probably not made up of ordinary baryonic matter.

As a scientist, I don't believe they are demons, but probably some evil species or ill-intentioned visitors from another universe or galaxy. I mean, the universe is a HUGE place! They could be time travelers or extra-dimensional beings. Whatever they are, they are not good, they don't want to be seen, and they are everywhere. My guess is that we can only hope they can listen to reason and that God will protect us from them.

For those who don't believe, I hope these "shadow beings" do visit them. The only way a rational person can believe is to see themselves or look at the facts that indirectly prove the phenomena to have occured. I know, as do many others, that these beings that we have seen cannot be explained with our current scientific knowledge. We know what we saw. If you see the vast amount of testimony that people have given, you will know that something is up. These beings will not show up every second of everyday on national television. They are exclusive. Remember, radioactivity, magnetic fields, DNA, and atoms cannot be seen and probably never will be seen. But, no one questions their existence, unless the person is a dumbass. You have to take it on faith and understand that just because you haven't seen something, it doesn't mean that that thing (entity) doesn't exist. They are everywhere, but so are electrons and cosmic rays. However, let's wait until s**t hits the fan to see what they want soon.

The Eggman

[edit on 2-1-2009 by theeggman1999]

[edit on 2-1-2009 by theeggman1999]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The tall shadow people aren't so bad, but those short shadow people tend to play games with your mind. One stayed in my home for weeks. It made me drowsy and it moved very quickly for a stubby shadow. I do not believe they are ghosts just their own shadow race.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleTruth

Just wanted to share my experience of shadow people.
After a fair few hours of writing music on the computer, it was now morning and light out.
I had gotten up for a seventh time or so to have a break 'n' do what I needed to do when, just as I left my studio and entered the next room I noticed a shadow pass along one side of my room. I turned back, thinking maybe it was my own shadow and tried to re-simulate the occurrence- but no shadow was cast- nor could I cast one on that wall owing to the time of day, light etc.
"I'm now starting to see shadow people," I thought- quite dismissively- and shrugged it off seeing I've experienced stranger stuff before.
Anyhow shortly thereafter I planned on going out, and after getting something to eat and what-not, I returned into the studio to have it happen again-on another side of the room!
"Whoa" I thought, but got on with my day (about a month ago now).
This hasn't happened before or again since.
I must stipulate here that even though I may have been up for a while, my mind WAS active and stimulated by the creative process of writing music, so it's a little difficult now in retrospect to shrug-off as just my eyes just playing tricks on me. I didn't feel threatened at the time- just buzzed by it.
I've had my eyes play tricks on me after being awake for 30+ hours before, but this was different.
I might add just by the way that I was pretty happy with the quality of ideas I'd been working on (music-wise) and usually have to feel 'inspired' to work on my tracks.
I leave this open for discussion and welcome any response

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Alright my friend. Here is my question. I want to ONLY know about this particular variety of Shadow person. This one moves at blinding speed. It is seen form the corner of the eyes. When you turn to look it vanishes. Appears male only. Sometimes you can surprise it and watch it headon. I think it is because it does not realize it is not visible.
This particular variety of shadow person is the one I want to know about. Now what do i want toknow about it? Just one thing?
Is this variety of shadow person, a malevolent ghost of a dead person, possibly unnaturally killed or murdered, and refuses to move on to the next world???? So it is just this specific question I am seeking an answer for.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Commented on so many of these threads, but can't find the one I posted my own posts to now.

Seen these quite often, usually when I'm thinking about religion for some reason (I'm NOT trying to influence people but I think they may be daemons in essence, but because we have preconceived ideas of what these 'daemons' are, from the church and growing up, they seem unlikely or unbelieveable).

I have been an atheist most of my life, and have suffered from 'night terrors' many times, but have seen these face-on, side-on, almost everywhere and everywhen, even seen them in the daytime, providing there are shadows for them to hide in.

Definite they exist, but I think that aliens/daemons/etheric beings are all related so, IMO, a lot of theories on them are correct, WE are the ones who are wrong, because we only assume they fit into one category at a time.

EDIT: here's one of my replies, but this seems rather abridged www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=ejsaunders

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ejsaunders]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Apparently, one of these is at my workplace.

I used to work night shift there but never saw anything myself.
Though one time when we (there were usually around 3 or 4 people at night) were sitting in the lunch room around midnight there was an almighty bang in the factory.
Something had moved a heavy metal plate (20mm thick and 2x1 ft wide) off a table and it hit the floor below.

I can think of 4 or 5 persons who during the nightshift have seen a shadow moving around in a certain area of the factory.
One person recently also saw some type of shadow/light? open a bathroom door off the main factory room. He was pretty freaked out.

About 150 metres away from our factory, across from the backyard, is another very large factory/building. A few years ago, one of the night cleaners (who also cleaned our factory) saw someone/something at the end of an office hall out the front, and he never went back there again.

I don't work nights anymore, but from time to time one of the night guys will mention he saw the shadow thing again.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it was a shadow creature, or something else but I had an experience last night that left me curious.

It was really hot last night so I was having trouble getting to sleep. I would estimate it was around 3.00 AM when I started to doze off and I woke up when a bright light came in through my bed room window. I already knew what it was before I even looked, but it was my neighbors shed light that activates with movement close by.

I looked out the window, nothing really there, so I thought whatever and lid back down. A couple minutes passed and I just had the urge to look out the window again. His shed light was off not long after I first looked out the window, but there was a little light near my own shed that's always on. Anyway, our shed door was open all that day because things were being moved out of their all day and their really wasn't anything left in there, but I swear I seen a shadow of what looked like a person walk out through the door toward me in the window, and then turned and walked left from the shed door until the shadow disappeared into the dark around some trees and bushes.

The shadow was very crisp, I could make out the shape of the hair and everything. From the angle and distance of the light from the shed, it looked to me that in order to cast that kind of crisp in focus shadow, the person would have to be right next to the shed, because you know how when your a ways away from a light source the shadow just grows way out of proportion and out of focus right? But this shadow was extremely crisp and I didn't "think" I saw it, I DID see it plain as day!

I didn't hear a sound either, and my window was open and directly under my window their is a loose rock path to my neighbor that lives underneath me. I can ALWAYS hear when he leaves his house because of the rocks, but even if he had left the path goes to the right and it's to far away from the shed light to cast such a crisp shadow. It literally looked like you would have to be within a foot away from the shed to cast that kind of shadow.

Could this have been a shadow man? If not, what else could it be? Is their a reasonable explanation?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i used to see things at the edge of a little forest on the way to my old school but it might have been shadows anyway there are 2 graveyards(1 normal and 1 war) right on the other side of the road so i dont know

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I came across this thread.. as I've recently been diagnosed as ADD.. and did research about the meds they put me on (as I always do) and saw that "SHADOWMEN" were mentoned several times.. Mainly in terms of "binge" episodes where the person had remained awake on the stimulant for several days at a time..

After reading many of the posts I felt I needed to subscribe and add my opinion..

First of all I don't disagree that these beings exist for some of you.. They do not for me.. Nor will they ever..

I know it's weird to say something does exist.. but it doesn't..
Most of you guys are saying these things are demonic (even the Atheist - dude come on.. If you believe demons exist?? maybe you should rethink the whole thing of whether God exists too... ).. And that is probably the case.. I don't believe in ghosts.. or aliens.. or anything like that.. But the bible clearly states that demons do exist.. The bible also clearly states that Jesus has complete control over everything.. Including these 'demons."

What I'm trying to say.. is that these "sightings," "beings," whatever.. they are most definetly a product of negative energy..
People pursue different routes in life and as such, experience different things, adopt different habits, and open their minds to new things.. For some people those experiences and habits lead to extremely negative behavior - murder, rape, whatever.. For some.. they just adobt a attitude of fear.. For others they just open their heart and souls to different realms.. VOODOO, WITCHCRAFT things of this nature.. and they develop into a slave like spirit to the things that we do not understand.. I can assure you.. These "Shadow People" probably do exist.. Although they can have no control over you unless you allow that..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I had an encounter with something like what is being described here, many years ago when i was 8 yrs old, i was staying at a reletives house in a granny flat(small house at back of big house). I woke up in the middle of the night, and when i looked around i could see shadows of people, at least 5 of them, walking around the flat, some were climbing on benches most were just idly walking around except 1 who kept walking up to my bed then looking right at me as in RIGHT infront of my face then it would walk away, then come back, this went on for hours and i could truly see them, arms legs the whole body it was almost pitch black but they were darker, just shadows, a few times i was tempted to swing at the face as it was right in front of me but was to afraid, i was to afraid to even call for my parents who were in the same flat, at some point in the night my mother spoke loudly to my father(or vice versa) i looked in that direction then looked back ahead and towards the shadows and they were gone. I know kids see things that arnt there and all that but i have remembered this VERY clearly all my life and deep down inside i know it was not my imagination. There is my story, i have never told anyone about that.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
post removed

[edit on 16/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleTruth

I'm starting to think that Shadow People are from a parallel dimension and somehow are seen in our plain of existance.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I’m 34-years-old and have sporadically seen various things throughout my life that I have no explanation for without turning to the paranormal. Some of the things I have seen would have to be classified as Shadow People. However, most of the ones I’ve seen have appeared to be mostly 2-dimensional and none have had the trailer of smoke that the thing in the photos has. Some of the shadow things I’ve seen have been humanoid. Others have been insect-shaped, looking more like scarabs or beetles than anything else. Some of these have been very small, while others have been the size of my thumb or close to it. Again, though, nothing I’ve personally ever seen has looked like what’s in those photos. Based upon my personal experience, I’d have to guess those photos were faked.

As to what such shadow creatures are, I have no real idea. All I can say is that, with one lone exception, none of the ones I’ve ever seen have given me cause for alarm. Aside from that one, I’ve always had the impression that they were either 1) not even aware of me, or 2) curious.

Scott Harper

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I've seen one of these before, a few years back with a friend.

We were up walking his dogs in our local wood in the daytime and I felt, I guess as most people do, like there was something strange about the woods.

As we were walking back his two westies starting barking at something behind us so we both turned around and saw about, i'd say 20-25 metres away this "person" in full view in daylight but the person had no features it was just plain black if that makes sense, you could clearly see it had a cape on as well.

To this day I wish me and my friend hadn't of ran back to his house.

I've never seen anything like it again and I've never ran so fast!

When chatting about it we called him "Silhouette Man" until obviously I found out about these shadow people.

I also googled this a year or two back and found a wiki page about them and a picture of near enough what we saw and the tagline "they are often seen wearing capes".

I've just done a search on wiki again and now this page with this picture seems to of disappeared.

Whether or not this is different to shadow people please let me know as most of these posts talk about ghosts, demons and smoke etc.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by kurtcobainuk]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS firstly

In regards to Shadow People, i have heard a lot of talk of them both in 'real life' from friends and family -and even a few strangers..Coast to Coast AM radio show (Youtube has a lot of the shows, though i cant recall the name of this particular one)
Accounts i have heard from trust worthy friends and family etc on this topic are , the person being woke in the early hours of morning with the feel of heavy pressure on their chest, upon opening their eyes they have seen shadow figures that both were sitting on them and standing at the sides of the bed.. my Father, out hunting one late afternoon in the 1960s watched a tall, large dark human-like figure move across the field in front of him, head down looking to the ground as if searching for something..
And for a personal experience of my own, it was when my son as only about 3-4 months old, he and i were alone in the apartment we lived in at the time, and just really having a lazy day watching films and what not.. all was fine all morning until early afternoon when out of nowhere, for no just cause or reason, panic struck me, the whole place was full of a presence and energy that was thick with malicious intent.. in panic, i got my son, and my bag and proceeded down the stairs to the front door.. no idea where we were going, just getting the hell out of there really!.. when i reached the door i could feel i was being watched, and for some reason i will never understand i turned to look to see a crouching figure at the top of the landing.. facing me, but no features or expression i could make out, just black, not translucent or anything.. went to a neighbors after running out of the door and called my parents who came to pick us up...
Later that day when my husband came home from work and we all went back to the apartment, the over all feel and presence was gone thankfully, but my husband immediately could feel the rise and peaks of energy at various points..
all very strange, and has never taken place since.. perhaps i just had a mental breakdown lol, but i know myself well enough to believe what i had seen and felt..
Over all .. i would have to say yes, i believe such entities do exist, and for unknown reasons often interact with humans..
my main thought, as usual with such topics, is multidimensions, shifting or coinciding within our present 'reality'....

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Harper
As to what such shadow creatures are, I have no real idea. All I can say is that, with one lone exception, none of the ones I’ve ever seen have given me cause for alarm. Aside from that one, I’ve always had the impression that they were either 1) not even aware of me, or 2) curious.

May I ask you about the one incident that alerted you?

Can these beings interact with objects?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelForbin
Man I really hope all you people just did a little too much acid, cause all this shadow people # is wigging me out. With so many people collaborating that they've seen them, it makes you think. And the fact that some of you seem so adament that these things are actually demonic is creeping me out, and I dont even believe in christianity. But honestly you guys really need to examine the possibility of your mind just playing tricks on you. But seriously, do you know if garlic or silver bullets work on these dudes, cause I sure as hell dont want any shadow demons visiting me any time soon.

LOL ok well personally i have done too much (if there is such a thing)? acid in the past.. but regardless of that, sorry to say thats not the case and they are indeed about

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
okay so heres my shadow person encounder. (one of many) me and my wife were moving furniture for an elderly person. it was later in the evening and as we got done with a large table sat down. there's this room that if you look from the seat where i was into the room you'll see the computer room and this wall. on this wall there was this black shape. me and my wife both saw this huge black shape dissapear into the wall. one thing i noticed after this encounter our luck had improved. i.e. i ran into friends i have not seen in a long time, our car which had radiator problems didn't have them. it is strange that every time i see a shadow person my luck improves.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have seen them many times. And unfortunatly when I would see more then one, I would get a phone call the next day informing me that one of my friends had past away. This happened 3 time six months apart. To me they are like the mothmen, I see them and I know some thing bad is heading towards me.

But it seems like they all have a slightly different meaning to each person who comes into contact with them.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is simply something made up to throw conspiracy sheeple off the track of real phenoms, sorry, its just smoke.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join