It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situation In Iraq Is Perilous - U.S. Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
U.S. Intelligence 90 - page document came to no conclusion to the real situation of the sectarian violence in Iraq. Even at this stage, they can't tell exactly if the situation in Iraq is indeed become a civil war. The U.S. Intelligence report stated that the Iraqi- on- Iraqi violence conflict surpassed al Qaeda as the most immediate threat to U.S. goals.

www.thanhniennews.com
The situation in Iraq is perilous, with Iraqi-on-Iraqi violence surpassing al Qaeda as the most immediate threat to U.S. goals, according to a long-awaited intelligence report, The Washington Post reported

The 90-page document came to no conclusion over whether the conflict in Iraq has become a civil war, but the authors expressed uncertainly over whether Iraqi leaders would be able to transcend the sectarian divide to fight extremism and establish functioning national institutions, the Post reported on Friday.

Iran, which the White House has accused of fueling the bloodshed, is mentioned in the document -- the National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq -- but it does not focus on Iran, the Post said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At this stage, it is alarming that U.S. Intelligence can not come up with a conclusion on the current situation in Iraq.

Confirming the situation as "Perilous" is just like relaying the visible violence that has been plaguing the country.

A declassified version of the report is set to be released to the public on Friday.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ya think? I wonder how long it took them to figure that out?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Right now they have no idea about what's going on,

...xcept that Iran is infiltrating

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Interesting that this report came out the same day as the global warming report... a distraction, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My feeling about Iran in Iraq goes something like...if you have an armed and bungling idiot on your doorstep you are going to do your best to keep an eye on him.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Humm, Al-qaida like bin laden has gone in the back burner . . . like everything that is done by agendas . . . even reports are released at the right time . . .

The next one will be given to show that Is not al-qaida or bin ladden, neither the insurgency or the civil war in Iraq but Iran is at fault of everything that is going on in Iraq . . .

So that will be the right time to start the attacks.

It is me or it seems that our administration is sooo predictable.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Does it really matter if it has become a civil war or not ?

Doesnt outright anarchy best catergorize it?

We have so many foreign nationals fighting various other foreigners..
We have american military fighting iraqi's, and now iranians...
We have militias systematically killing anyone they please...
We have mercenaries killing iraqi's..
We have bombs going off left right and centre...
We have scores of dead turning up by the dozen all around baghdad...
Some showing signs of torture..

And we have the leader, who instigated this war with his head so deep in the sand, its only taken 4 years, to understand its out of control.

We murdered the only man capable of controlling the people of Iraq,
We have provoked its neighbours so much, that we are approaching the line to start bombing them.

And now, we are sending in more troops, beliving more bloodshed and bullets will solve the problem.

Like, how the hell, have we gone, from being attacked on American soil by Osama,
to being in an endless war, IN Iraq with no way to get out ?

Weve murdered the leader of a country, occupied his nation, and become stuck in a quagmire...

yet we have no clue where Osama is?

Its like a horrible night mare,

How the hell could any logical human create a stiuation from position A to position B?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh Agit, I love U,
you just have a way of saying it. Wish I could say it half as good.

You have voted Agit8dChop for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Send in our best...arm Dick and George and Condi and Rummy and drop them onto Haifa street.... they were so gungo ho about this war... my bet is they wouldn't last 5 minutes.

top topics

join