It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Bush stupid?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Out of curiosity why is Bush stupid? That seems to be a familiar rhetoric, but it is seldom backed up beyond the "Bushisms" that are so prevalent. If you judge a person by speech, than stephen hawking is a moron. I'd just like to see justification behind this statement.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So you are calling Stephen Hawking a moron because of a vocal disability!?! Ooooookkk!

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking doesn't make up words.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
bush is a very stupid man .he cant read well,speak well,or talk well.
whan ever he speaks in public this all becomes apparent.his speech writers have continually had to make his speeches easier for him as to not have so many gaffs.if you notice in the early bush presidency he was always messing up,thats because the writers were writing for a normal or above normal person,because that is
what a president usually is.bush couldnt read well enough to not make any mistakes.the guy is funny though,unfortunate for us he is doing so much damage.
another funny thing about the guy is when he is asked a question off the cuff,he doesnt know anything so he alway makes some dumb joke or refers to someone in his administration that knows or could help.
i dont think he knows much about a lot of things and his head is as empty as the puppet most people think he is.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
bush is a very stupid man .he cant read well,speak well,or talk well.

ASHLEY - if you don't mind me asking....how old are you?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
:bnghd: Perhaps, we got the idea Bush is stupid from the horse's mouth.

"There is a group of people who feel that '[the President of the United States should] be smarter than I am on just about every issue I can think of.' But there is also a large group of people who don't feel that way. They want the President, in this modern era, to be something they can relate to. Someone who they don't think is intellectually intimidating. Someone who isn't really lost in the big fog of intellectual ideas and the world of words."

:bnghd: Or his drinking:

"I don't think I was clinically an alcoholic; I didn't have the genuine addiction. I don't know why I drank. I liked to drink, I guess."

:bnghd: Or his DENIAL about his drinking:

"The signal we ought to send to our children is that in spite of what happened in the '60s and '70s, we have learned some lessons. And the lessons ought to be: don't be using drugs and alcohol."

:bnghd: Or his abject FAILURE at rolemodeling:

"I wouldn't tell your kids that you smoked pot unless you want 'em to smoke pot. I think it's important for leaders, and parents, not to send mixed signals. I don't want some kid saying, 'Well, Governor Bush tried it.'"

See Jenna? See Jenna drink? Drink Jenna drink.

:bnghd: Or maybe it's his MANY, MANY failed and shady business dealings. Here George defends himself to the SEC:

"In the corporate world, sometimes things aren't exactly black and white when it comes to accounting procedures."

:bnghd: Now we KNOW why he gots those C's in accounting!!!

:bnghd: Or maybe it's Bush's admission (at the time) why he chose a fluff job in baseball over following in his dad's footsteps:

"You know, I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected to public office."

:bnghd: Or maybe it's his MANY blunders with the press ONCE elected:

GOVERNOR BUSH: The new Pakistani General, he's just been elected -- not elected, this guy took over office. It appears this guy is going to bring stability to the country and I think that's good news for the subcontinent.
JOURNALIST: And you can name him?
GOVERNOR BUSH: General... I can name the general.
JOURNALIST: And it's...?
GOVERNOR BUSH: "General."
JOURNALIST: And the Prime Minister of India?
GOVERNOR BUSH: The new Prime Minister of India is... [pause] No.
[Anger rises]
GOVERNOR BUSH: Can you name the Foreign Minister of Mexico?
JOURNALIST: No sir, but I would say to that: I'm not running for President.

:bnghd: Want some more?

11 Jan 2000 George W Bush, making an indisputable statement of fact: "Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'"

31 May 2000 An introspective George W Bush: "When I'm talking about -- when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

Aug 2000 George W Bush: "I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way it goes."

4 Sep 2000 During a campaign stop in Naperville, Illinois, Presidential candidate George W Bush turns to running mate Dick Cheney and says, "There's Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times." Cheney responds, "Oh yeah, he is, big-time." Unbeknownst to the men, their comments are transmitted clearly to the television news feed.

29 Sep 2000 George W Bush: "I know the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully."

3 Oct 2000 George W Bush: "There's a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me and say, 'I don't want you to let me down again.'"

4 Oct 2000 George W Bush: "I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."

18 Oct 2000 George W Bush: "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

18 Dec 2000 George W Bush, still waiting on the Florida recount: "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier... just so long as I'm the dictator."

13 Jan 2002 While watching a football game on TV, President George W Bush chokes on a pretzel and briefly loses consciousness in his White House bedroom.
[My CAT doesn't choke on PRETZELS!!!! - FEEB!]

19 May 2002 "Do you have blacks too?" Question posed by Bush to Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso. Der Spiegel, also quoted in The New Republic on June 10.

17 Sep 2002 George W Bush: "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."

7 Oct 2002 "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." The New Republic

:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Bush is stupid because of America's rampant anti-intellectualism. We (and by 'we' I mean most people in Bush's key states - the big red center) distrust people that seem too educated or too far removed from the "common folk". A good ole' boy from down on the farm is usually going to have more appeal than some Ivy league elitist. Therefore, Bush's stupidity (which is only partially an act) is designed to give him an unpolished, common-man appeal. This is also why he tries to frame himself as a Texan, rather than a graduate of Harvard.

In short, Bush wants to be seen as stupid, so you can't blame people when they notice.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here's a few examples:

Real Quotes From A Real Moron

"Arbolist...Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, someone who knows about trees."
Crawford, TX 8/21/01

"It's your money, you paid for it."
La Crosse, WI 10/18/00

"The Bob Jones policy on interracial dating, I mean I spoke out on interracial dating. I spoke out against that. I spoke out against interracial dating. I support the policy of interracial dating."
CBS News 2/25/00

"I don't read what's handed to me."
New York, NY 3/15/00

"More and more of our imports come from overseas."
Beaverton, OR 9/29/00

"I understand small business growth. I was one."
New York, NY 2/19/00

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."
Austin, Texas 12/20/00

"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it."
St. Louis, MO 10/18/00

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation...You gotta preserve."
Nashua, NH 1/28/00

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
Florence, SC 1/11/00

"They Misunderestimated me."
Bentonville, AR 11/6/00

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."
Reynoldsburg, OH 10/4/00

"Our priorities is our faith."
Greensboro, NC 10/10/00

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
Washington, DC 12/18/00

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all...I can't think of anything more deep than that."
Washington, DC, 3/13/02

"And so, in my State of the my State of the Union or state-my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation-I asked Americans to give 4,000 years-4,000 hours over the next-the rest of your life-of service to America. That's what I asked for-4,000 hours."
Bridgeport, CT, 4/9/02

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."
New York, NY 4/23/02

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times (Dude, it's been like 60 years)."
Tokyo 2/18/02

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe�I believe what I believe is right."
Rome 7/22/01

"I think we agree, the past is over."
Dallas, TX 5/10/00

This has been posted before but, it's still good.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
good...i was thinking about going into length as well but i figured i would still be stating facts in 2004.
thank you

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

"More and more of our imports come from overseas."
Beaverton, OR 9/29/00

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation...You gotta preserve."
Nashua, NH 1/28/00

"They Misunderestimated me."
Bentonville, AR 11/6/00

OMFG!!!!

Thanks NotTooHappy, that just made my day. AAaah..great laugh.

[sarcasm]
On a serious note now...Ok, stop all this Bush-bashing. Can't you just see that he's not stupid, he's brilliant.
It's obvious. [/sarcasm]

(LMAO - still laughing at the previous list of imbecilities profered by the President of the U. S. of A....)

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here's some more.

REAL QUOTES FROM A REAL MORON!

"If we don�t succeed, we run the risk of failure." ...George W .Bush, Jr.

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between mother and child." - Gov GWB

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is
water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe." ...Gov GW Bush, Jr., 8/11/94

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live
in this century." GW Bush, 9/15/95

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy, but that could change." GWB 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 12/6/93

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 11/30/96

"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."

"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is�I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know
this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president."

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future." ...Governor George
W .Bush, Jr.

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/21/97

"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"I stand by all the misstatements that I�ve made." GW Bush, Jr.to Sam Donaldson

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment
to Europe. We are a part of Europe." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr.

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican" ...George W. Bush,

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls." ...Gov G W. Bush

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." ...Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 9/18/95

"It isn�t pollution that�s harming the environment. It�s the impurities in our air and water that are doing
it." ...Gov George W .Bush, Jr.

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system." George W. Bush

"Public speaking is very easy." ...Governor George W .Bush, Jr.to reporters in 10/9

[Edited on 12/16/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between mother and child." - Gov GWB

[Edited on 12/16/03 by NotTooHappy]

Erm....any republicans want to chime in on this one? Freaks.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Maybe he's not smart enough to make up words!

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Maybe he's not smart enough to make up words!

Yeah, they hand out doctorites to stupid people.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
How many detractors here are grads of Havard? Yale?

OK, raise your hand if you've attained the highest office of the most powerful country in the world?

OK, now how many of you are grads of both colleges and have held the Oval Office?

Alrighty then, all those who answer "no" may now sit down and shut the pie-hole.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
How many of us are fathered by an ex-head of the CIA?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Why, does that give him extra Intel points? Bush '41 was no idiot, either.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

"Arbolist...Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, someone who knows about trees."

I can't stop laughing. He's not good off the cuff--we all know this. All it takes is one question and he kinda leans to the side and stutters his way through...now he cracks a joke or two. He's getting a little better...but he's a dummy no doubt, you can't defend him, TC...you just can't.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Out of curiosity why is Bush stupid? That seems to be a familiar rhetoric, but it is seldom backed up beyond the "Bushisms" that are so prevalent. If you judge a person by speech, than stephen hawking is a moron. I'd just like to see justification behind this statement.

Elite familys old money tends to marry the same. Inbreeding is what makes him stupid.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Why, does that give him extra Intel points? Bush '41 was no idiot, either.

His father bought and swindled Dubya's way in to school where he got a C average. Low enough to merit expulsion if you don't have an "in".

[Edited on 12/17/03 by NotTooHappy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join