It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Triangle Pictures (Bad Quality)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is my first post here, and I'll warn you right off the bat, the quality is horrendous.
These 2 pictures were taken with my cell phone, on the 2nd story of our house, facing south.
They were taken in Sept of 2006, right around 9p.m. at night, give or take.
Now what I saw, resembled a triangle in best regards to shape.
It came from the north east, and down, stopping for almost 3-4 mins and slowly moving across to the west, and finally shot away.
In the first pic, and like I said, I apologize the quality is really horrible, anyways as I was saying, I opened the window, stuck my arm out with my phone, and snapped.
It appears in the right hand corner.
Now, in the 2nd picture, which was taken about 3-4 mins later, it's moving west.
I'll let you all decide for yourselfs as to what it is.

i5.tinypic.com...

i9.tinypic.com...

niv

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
In what part of the state did you see the triangle?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here's a 2nd take at the first pic, I've circled the triangle.

i7.tinypic.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
These pictures were taken about 40 - 45 mins north of Champaign,IL.
I'm in central,IL.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That kind of looks like the moon on top with 2 building lights or street lights on the bottom.

Whats the orange circle in the middle? Part of it?

EDIT : Oh, you were talking about the other triangle. Didn't see the circled pic.

Sorry about that, don't know what that is.

[edit on 1/2/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My bad, I should clarify.

In the first pic, the moon is to the right of the triangle.
Below in the pic, you see 4 lights.
From left to right, there's the parking lot light, a light from Hardees, a light from Pizza Hut, and the light on the right, is from a car dealership.
Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I understand it now.

I was thinking " Damn, thats a huge one!
"

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
LOL.
It was so damn cool seein this thing too.
I was outside just relexain with some friends, and this thing just floats through the sky above us.
We were all lookin like "wtf is that?" so I ran upstairs and tried takin some pics.
The weirdest part is, it didn't blink, the lights really never changed, and it never made a sound, just kinda floated, until it zipped off at the end.
Very cool.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
OMG, when I saw that I actually thought my grandson found this site and posted that or a person by the name bonaire that just started here that lives near by posted that.

I also have lights to the right lower side that look like that and what I have watched the last couple days was like that.

I'm outside Philly and let me tell you when I saw that I almost fell over.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
To the right lower side?
You mean as in the pic, or to the right lower side, out your window, because these ARE to the right, as you look out my window lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsMeSkippy
This is my first post here, and I'll warn you right off the bat, the quality is horrendous.
These 2 pictures were taken with my cell phone, on the 2nd story of our house, facing south.
They were taken in Sept of 2006, right around 9p.m. at night, give or take.
Now what I saw, resembled a triangle in best regards to shape.
It came from the north east, and down, stopping for almost 3-4 mins and slowly moving across to the west, and finally shot away.
In the first pic, and like I said, I apologize the quality is really horrible, anyways as I was saying, I opened the window, stuck my arm out with my phone, and snapped.
It appears in the right hand corner.
Now, in the 2nd picture, which was taken about 3-4 mins later, it's moving west.
I'll let you all decide for yourselfs as to what it is.

i5.tinypic.com...

Those are the best ufo pictures I have ever seen in my opinion!

You may actually have something on here! If ii looks that good on picture, the ufo that is, then it must be truly amazing in person!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

i9.tinypic.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That entire picture looked like the one I expected to get with my camera. I really thought my grandson walked up to the other end of the block and took that.

My picture would have looked like yours if I was a little closer.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
hi welcome, im newbie too.
What can you say?
hieght speed direction duration of sighting type of camera and lense if possible.
Perhaps some corroborating witnesses too if they will do so.
could come on or make a statement?
the second pics a good un......
What else can you tell,any prickly electric feelings or other unusual physical symptoms when it moved by?
How big across was it?your est good enough for now...
anything you can think of.....thanks bergle

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
hi welcome, im newbie too.
What can you say?
hieght speed direction duration of sighting type of camera and lense if possible.
Perhaps some corroborating witnesses too if they will do so.
could come on or make a statement?
the second pics a good un......
What else can you tell,any prickly electric feelings or other unusual physical symptoms when it moved by?
How big across was it?your est good enough for now...
anything you can think of.....thanks bergle

Height, speed, direction, duration?
Well, I can't say for certain, but the triangle it'self looked to be probably about the size of a football field. I actually have the local high school located 1 1/4th blocks behind me, and it was about the same size as the field is, if you look at it from here.
Speed, well it was floating I'd say.. just kinda, skimming along, slowly, and then it zipped off quick as hell at the end.
It traveled from a NE to west direction.
Duration total, was 3-4 mins.
As for witness's, there was myself, my younger brother, and 2 friends of mine.
As for symptoms, or feelings, there really wasn't any.
It was so quiet out that night, and we literally never heard the thing, only saw it.
It was cool seeing it that close, but seeing it just float by us, never making a sound was eerie as hell, knowing something can get that close, with no warning.
As for how big across, well it def seemed longer than wider, that's for sure.
Absolute triangle shaped, aprox 100yds long, maybe 50-60yds across.
The nights, and there were 3 as you see in the pic never changed, blinked, moved, etc.
They stayed constant, even when it took off.
Anything else I can help with, just let me know.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That's a cool couple of pictures. I wonder how long these triangles have been around. 20+ years ago when I read books on the ufo subject, I don't think I remember hearing about triangles. I've been paying a little more attention to the sky lately, but not too much more than usual.

Personally, I haven't seen anything concrete but my roommate in college about '85 said he saw something in the evening sky as he rode his bike home from campus that he couldn't explain (and he was nearly a 4.0 student).

Flying out to Palm Springs in '97, I thought I saw something far off in the cloud structure that looked like something shiny popping in and out a couple times of a thick cloud structure.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
More blurry UFO pics ? Does no one own a decent camera in this world ?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Was the triangle anything like the one in this link? Any center light?

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

My bad, I should clarify.

In the first pic, the moon is to the right of the triangle.
Below in the pic, you see 4 lights.
From left to right, there's the parking lot light, a light from Hardees, a light from Pizza Hut, and the light on the right, is from a car dealership.
Hope that helps.

This is actually an intriguing image.

So this would have been around September 7th (that was the one full moon in September 2006)?You would have more or less been looking East then?

I get that the moon should have been about 28 degrees above the horizon, so that gives me a rough calibration of 0.004 radians/pixel. The triangles is at least 56 pixels across, so it subtends about 0.23 radians. This means that if it is 1 km away, it it is very large - 230 meters across, give or take.

Do you have an estimate of how far away? Was it illuminating the ground beneath it?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Itsmeskippy, sounds like you and me are in the same area, given the distance north of Champaign.

I think they are looking for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

These pictures were taken about 40 - 45 mins north of Champaign,IL.
I'm in central,IL.

So somewhere around Kankakee (Google map) ? I can understand not wanting to release your address, but nailing down the location to within a mile or better would be helpful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join