It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mad Gasser & Spring Heeled Jack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Here is some background on this story.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I was wondering if there are any modern day reports of "the gasser" or spring heeled jack? These were both very unusual entities that surprisingly just faded away into mythology rather than reproducing themselves like bigfoot reports.

What do you guys think of these two creatures

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Spring heeled jack is one of my faves. All my research points to a prankster. Maybe someone here can prove that wrong.

I don't know too much about the gasser.

P.S. If you didn't already know, I try to dubunk the hell out of debunkable cryptids.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
These were both very unusual entities that surprisingly just faded away into mythology rather than reproducing themselves like bigfoot reports.

I always thought these legends were interesting too.
Maybe they died (being somewhat human).
Bigfoot is a supposed group of breeding primates, hence the present sightings.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
...it's from Wiki.

This idea matches the contents of the letter to the Lord Mayor, which accused a group of young aristocrats as the culprits, after an irresponsible wager. A popular rumour that was in circulation as early as 1840 pointed at an Irish nobleman, the Marquess of Waterford, as the main suspect of being behind the events. The responsibility of the Marquess has been accepted by several modern authors, who suggest that a humiliating experience with a woman and a police officer could have given him the idea of creating the character as a way of "getting even" with police and women in general. 11 Said authors speculate that he could have designed (with the help of friends who were experts in applied mechanics) some sort of apparatus for special spring-heeled boots, and that he may have practised fire-spitting techniques in order to increase the unnatural appearance of his character.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There are several threads on the Spring Heeled Jack.

The Gasser I've never heard of, sounds interesting. Looks to be several people involved in the gas attacks.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
that spring heeled jack character sounds more supernatural than human to me in his abilities. The gasser .... who knows.. they called him the "mad" gasser for a reason i guess. I dont really understand the purpose of his actions as no one ever died, and nothing he did was ever all that supernatural, just highly highly bizarre!

I think some reports of Jack would even have him wearing like a helmet and other odd space suit like clothing.

Definatly two of my favorite cryptos that have not recieved alot of attention.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They say Jack wore a shiny skintight suit, a cap and a hat. He had claws and spat blue fire.

From what I read about SHJ... I got scared. It sounds a lot more like something inhuman to me. I mean how likely is it that sticking springs on your shoes will allow you to leap over houses?
He also favored attacking women, but would attack men if they got in his way.

The Mad Gasser I only know a little about, but his attacks are similar to Jack's apart from the gas (unless it was a side effect of the flames).

The most famous recent sighting of a SHJ like figure was the notorious Indian Monkey Man. Cases of mass panic ensued in India after several people reported seeing a small man-like monkey jumping into windows and attacking women before flying off.

Actually, there were some reports of another SHJ like figure in Liverpool or London or somewhere beginning with L in 19....69 I think it was.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I just now learned about Spring-Heeled Jack, but who is the Mad Gasser? He sounds like a person that farts 24/7 that a guy mistook for a person at a Burrito Buffet.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The link won't help. I have Parental Controls and it won't let me go on there.

-DZac

The sad wolf

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac
The link won't help. I have Parental Controls and it won't let me go on

Boy I sure am glad i didnt put up the link to the "Mad Pooper of Bosten"

[edit on 12-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac
The link won't help. I have Parental Controls and it won't let me go on there.

-DZac

The sad wolf

Try this one

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've known about Spring Heel Jack for some time. But This Mad Gasser I wasn't aware of. He seems...insane. I like him.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
yeah i love him, he goes around "gasing" everyone, but doesnt kill or harm anyone. I think a few got alittle nausious. His motivation appears somewhat questionable. However i think he/she/it did target a few high profile targets (judges ect..)

Its just weird, pointless and bizarre to me as to why he was doing it, and never got caught.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have a really great book from the 70's called "Strange Stories and Amazing Facts", my mum gave it to me, it has a lot of info on cases like this, in a section about SHJ, it says a guard shot him point blank, but he was unaffected. In an article about the Mad Gasser, it said he died or something, can't really remember, I'll have to find the book and tell u...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I never heard of the Mad Gasser before, but I think I may work with him. His name is Rodney Spain, and with the exception of the sweet odor, the stories of his using an unknown gaseous substance to make people nauseous and sick are the stuff of legend. He is sometimes referred to as the "Ninja of the nasty."

Google Video Link

[edit on 2/27/2007 by PapaHomer]

new topics

top topics

join