It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approaching Brown Dwarf?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
About 80% of the solar systems studied are binary systems. Reports of an approaching brown dwarf with a 3600 year orbit would seem to indicate that our system is a binary system. Some say the Mayan calendar ends because they understood this and the significance of its return.The dwarf's gravity could cause tectonic, atmospheric and electromagnetic fluctuations so severe as to kill potentially billions. Is this real, do world governments know, what, if anything, will they do?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Link please.

This is not a one line post.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah, reports? What's that supposed to mean? If we can't see the brown dwarf, then that must mean it's extremely far away, which would mean that the gravitational perturbations caused by it would be pretty much negligible.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Could he be talking about Nibiru/Planet X maybe? Tried googling "approaching brown dwarf" and came up with nothing and then did a search with "3600 year orbit" and that popped up.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yes, planet x (nibiru) is the one he is refering to. It has a 3600 year far-reaching elliptical orbit and is supposedly due back very near earth in 2012.

Followers of the Urantia believe this is where the Annunaki live and will be visiting us or taking us "home" upon their return. Some also believe it is not a planet at all but a huge ship the Annunaki use.

www.urantia.org

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yeah, reports? What's that supposed to mean? If we can't see the brown dwarf, then that must mean it's extremely far away, which would mean that the gravitational perturbations caused by it would be pretty much negligible.

Not nesseceraly. Try to get hold of a documentary called "THE GREAT YEAR".

In that, it discribes VERY well that ALL other models for the 25,920+ years precession break down at a certain point or just dont "add up".

The "wobble" that the earth experiences is most likely produced by an "outsider"...

This would of course fit in with the INCREDIBLE amount of astronomical knowledge that the Sumerians had.

In thier dipiction of the solar system...

... (in which they CORRECTLY state that Uranus is Blue, Neptune rotates on its side,Saturn is yellow/orange, Jupitor is the biggest, AND that there is an Astroid Belt...which they named "the Great Braclet")...

...they show a LARGE red "planet" at the end....from which they count,so earth is 7th instead of 3rd.

It has been said that this is Niburu...(although im not sure if this is through "translation", or if we know FOR SURE that this is what they were saying).

They also said that this large red planet is "home" or where they come from.

Now, it is concievable to think that....considering thier dipictions, which made the red "sphere" alot bigger than Jupiter......that it MAY be a Red or Brown dwarf held in a VERY eccentric orbit of 3600 years, comes by and stirs things up a little bit.

I find it EXTREMELY laughable when we try to say...."its not there, cos we cant see it" or "havent detected it yet"......

OF COURSE WE BLOODY HAVENT......SHED YOUR EGOS.

We....in comparison to what we WILL know in the next "whatever" years, ...are in our INFANCY

We have NO platform to say what is and isnt out there, BECAUSE we are STLL LOOKING FROMN DOWN HERE.

DENY IGNORENCE......
And control your egos

PS. it wouldn't be such a shock that we are part of a Binary System...... Do a Wiki search to find the info.

It is believed that a quarter to half of all stars are in binary systems, with as many as 10% of these systems containing more than two stars

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Termination shock is suggesting that Sol is one star in a binary system, and that the mayans, for one reason or another knew this, even though we don't, and knew the length of the other star's orbit and synced their calender to it.

Other people have theorized this, some saying that it has an orbit that is short enough to have affected human history, others that its got an execisevely long orbit, and that it accounts for the handful of mass extinction events that the planet has experienced. Usually in that long orbit theory the star is called "Nemisis". Which would be a damned awesome name.

It doesn't sound right at all that 80% of stars are binary stars though.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It doesn't sound right at all that 80% of stars are binary stars though

Its not, read the lightgrey box above your post.

And read this link They got it wrong

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
In thier dipiction of the solar system...

... (in which they CORRECTLY state that Uranus is Blue, Neptune rotates on its side,Saturn is yellow/orange, Jupitor is the biggest, AND that there is an Astroid Belt...which they named "the Great Braclet")...

...they show a LARGE red "planet" at the end....from which they count,so earth is 7th instead of 3rd.

Can I get a link that isn't biased towards the type of stuff ATS members are into? You know what I mean, right? Good old, boring, college history major, text book type link. The type of link that won't contain the word Annunaki.
I mean, I know about the cylinder seal that Sitchin pointed to as evidence, but you're talkin' planet colors, rotation, and the asteroid belt.
I'm curious.

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The type of link that won't contain the word Annunaki.

Bit difficult that.

Thats like asking for a link to research Christianity....WITH christ not inclueded

But yes, sarcasm aside, I know what you meen.

I will have a look.

But for NOW........... WATCH THIS.

The Sumerian Origin Of Humans

And if you watch that, take note of a few "words" ...AREAS etc. Will help you start your research

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am not a scientist, however I have to say that a Brown Dwarf is a Star and as such I am 99.9999999999999999999999% sure that one can not support life!

Also considering we have detected Brown Dwarfs in other areas in our Galaxy, I find it VERY HARD to believe that somehow we missed the closest one to us. Infact I would think it would be visable with the naked eye considering that you are sugesting it will be here in 5 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I am 99.9999999999999999999999% sure that one can not support life!

Thats good, at least we now know you haven't got the IQ of a fish

That was a joke
not meant to offend

Who said anything about a red/brown dwarf supporting life

And with regards to...

Also considering we have detected Brown Dwarfs in other areas in our Galaxy, I find it VERY HARD to believe that somehow we missed the closest one to us

Have you ever looked at something with Binoculars THROUGH the branches of trees?.....CANT see the branches can you....go all blurry and such.
When looking for BROWN dwarfs, we are FOCUSING (pun intended) our efforts to look WAY beyond our Solar system.

Also, most brown dwarfs we have detected, we have not ACTUALLY seen, mostly GRAVTATIONAL effects have been monitored.......

......Which goes staight back to the "BINARY" theory of the Earths processionary wobble.....THE WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEM WOBBLES...NOT just US

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

They also said that this large red planet is "home" or where they come from.

Now, it is concievable to think that....considering thier dipictions, which made the red "sphere" alot bigger than Jupiter......that it MAY be a Red or Brown dwarf held in a VERY eccentric orbit of 3600 years, comes by and stirs things up a little bit.

This would appear to be saying that a Red or Brown Dwarf can support life, unless I am reading it wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You know, at some point you'll realize how absurd it is to believe there's a brown dwarf hiding in our solar system. Until then you'll think everyone else is blind, stupid and gullible to disbelieve it. I can't change your mind but I'd dearly love to be there when you find out the truth.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This would appear to be saying that a Red or Brown Dwarf can support life, unless I am reading it wrong

No your not entirely wrong, but TRANSLATIONS could be, the fact that they say THIS is where they come from MAY mean a planet from that "system".

Its ALL open to LOTS of speculation.

I can't change your mind but I'd dearly love to be there when you find out the truth.

And to YOU my friend.
You may feel pretty cleaver, making statements like that, but even our OWN SCIENTISTS are unsure, so what makes your OPINION (the KEY phrase here) THE ONE to listen to.

You dont know for sure, and neither does anyone else.

I WOULD like to be there when YOUR pressumtive EGO makes YOU look a little silly.

Not trying to be rude, but youre statement is a little silly and you OBVIOULSY are a little mis/un-informed with regards to the THEORIES out there, and descepancies in the data that POINT too possible existance of said "Brown dawrf".

PS. I cant believe it, i ACTUALLY FOUND THE DOCUMENTARY I WAS TALKING ABOUT........HERE IT IS

The GREAT YEAR....

Prepare to be EDUCATED

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Anomic congrats on your post.

How little we always seems to think outside the box, if we have not seen it or invented it then it cannot exist, I tend to lean to the side that as humans we are in the infancy when it comes to been a life form, still kicking and screaming and bullying other kids in the playground known as Earth.

Take me back 20yrs and then yes I would have said we was the best thing since slice bread, fast forward to now and add 20yrs I tend to sit back a helluva lot more and let the world and my surroundings breathe a little before I read / see into things.

I don't think we are alone, I tend to think we have not been alone since the dawn of human kind, whether we have seen proof or not it just does not mean it does not exist.

Wolfie

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I am 99.9999999999999999999999% sure that one can not support life!

Thats good, at least we now know you haven't got the IQ of a fish

That was a joke
not meant to offend

Who said anything about a red/brown dwarf supporting life

And with regards to...

Also considering we have detected Brown Dwarfs in other areas in our Galaxy, I find it VERY HARD to believe that somehow we missed the closest one to us

Have you ever looked at something with Binoculars THROUGH the branches of trees?.....CANT see the branches can you....go all blurry and such.
When looking for BROWN dwarfs, we are FOCUSING (pun intended) our efforts to look WAY beyond our Solar system.

Also, most brown dwarfs we have detected, we have not ACTUALLY seen, mostly GRAVTATIONAL effects have been monitored.......

......Which goes staight back to the "BINARY" theory of the Earths processionary wobble.....THE WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEM WOBBLES...NOT just US

Honestly I will assume you have never studied astronomy at any level through an accredited program. If you have, write kindley, or angrilly, as your education was less then par.

First. A borwn Dwarf, if it where to come close to the Sun it WILL be snagged, thrown into orbit.

second. A brown Dwarf, if it happend to avoid being taken in my the suns gravity, because large boddies move much slower then little bodies, it would snag Earth. If it did neither, it would tear the planet apart, as well as cause complete catastraphy within our current orbit patterns.

third. Brown dwarves will not support life. The radiation is extreme, there is no atmosphere, there is no water, it is presumebly solid metals.

Fourth.. A large body of that size entering our solar system would being altering orbit patterns, if we cannot see the star its self, we would see the orbit alterations.

Unless.... your lizard over lords plan on materializing their star planet and then taking us over..

Fifth. A 3,600 year old orbit huh? .. Amazing. Human history is traced back hundreds of thousands of years. Civilization is recorded at around 6,000 years, humans for thousands of years before that where primal nomadic species. No evidence of giant lizards.

Sixth. A person with their own telescope can see planets. I have been to an observatory and seen jupiter. If there was a star, made of melted compacted metals, it would reflect light VERY well.... we would see it as a star with the naked eye.

Seventh. Now .. this point is important so ya gotta pay attention.. and no.. im not going to talk about your pet lizards. Leave fairy tales behind and join science.

Why does the Earth Wobble? - The Earth, tilted at about 25 degrees (most likely from a meteor impact), it wobbles because it is drawn by the sun, while being pulled by Jupiter. Jupitor is a massive planet, many hundreds of times the size of Earth.. the next point that causes the wobble is the moon.. a large rockey object that as it rotates around the Earth pulls it from one side to the next, pulling it in the direction of it's position.

And of course the next VERY important point to make in regards to your..... hypothesis... the Earth rotates the Earth, at about 66.5 thousand miles an hour and in a NEAR perfect circle. Near perfect. For a solestial object! .... what does that mean?

It means the Earth is in a perfect position, enough strain from the sun, and enough from our neighboring Jupitor, it stays in its orbit. The point? If a "brown dwarf" (DO YOU EVEN REALIZE!!! .. The frikin DENSITY of a dwarf? .. why am I wasteing time on you.) where to come any where near Earth our orbit will pull in the direction of the retreating planet.. resulting in a oblonged egg shaped, but thats not the case.. we are near perfect.

And the most final point of all points I have for you my friend is this..

A dwarf has no substance but the radioactive waste and metalic metals that it is left with... its desity is extreme, the GRAVITY of such a hostil enviroment.. would make "lizards" impossible. No water.. lizards need water buddy. No food source (plants need water.. animals need water.."

And a 3,600 year orbit would mean unbarrable -- issolated -- bitter coldness. Temperatures so cold that not even the toughest of organisms could survive. And oh, just one more point before I send this, if a large body where to come near, and it did not take any planet with it, it would be a miracle.. the Sun can hardly keep Pluto .. any dense object like a dwarf would snatch up little things like that.

Don't go around bashing people with your trumped up lizard over lords are coming to take over Earth and no one will see it coming BS if you don't understand the LOGIC behind it. Just because you think lizards of some far off frozen hell or even if you dont believe in lizards, even the fact that you think some giant star is coming to get you, doesnt mean the rest of us, sane and normal people have to believe your "hypothesis" without being taunted by your abressive attitude.

/rant off

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I dont profess to know ANYTHING.....at least not as quick as SOME people in the world like to.

1.) I am FULLY aware of the DIRTY side of the human Ego complex. Ego is good to an extent, makes you try things further than you usually would. But as i wrote for my signature below, TOO much will and DOES make you Blind.

2.)People tend to quote science, and all its glory, as a reason for why things "simply cannot be". But these people read the MAINSTREAM science, and the stuff that makes it into that catagory, is USUALLY the stuff that can be verified by OTHER similar observations. As a result, a lot of the stuff that doesnt fit the EXCEPTED model gets ignored....WHICH IS IGNORENTLY STUPID. If it doesnt fit, DONT THROUGJH IT OUT, find out WHY it doesnt fit because our MODELS maybe wrong...(and are DEFFINATELY subject to improvements).

These are intersting times, i'm going to keep an open mind with regards to anythinmg that happens, and i feel REALLY sorry for those who have their minds "all made up", as they are the ones that turn science into religion....The TEXT BOOK is one and ABSOLUTE and CANT BE CHANGED....

...Poor,nearvous little people...arrrrr

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Okay, from the top.

This comes from Nancy Liederer's rather goofy "channeling" of the "Zetans" and is based on Mark Hazelwood's ...uh... articles. Hazelwood, to his credit, jumped ship about 2003. Nancy still maintains that "Planet X is coming" in spite of her failed prediction of 2003 ("the Zetans were just testing us," she claims) and so on and so forth.

Shinji said:
I am not a scientist, however I have to say that a Brown Dwarf is a Star and as such I am 99.9999999999999999999999% sure that one can not support life!

This is correct. They are stars, though relatively cool by stellar standards (a mere 1,000 Centigrade, which is 1832 degrees F.) The gravity on a brown dwarf would crush you to a cookie in a fraction of a second. It's a debate whether you'd vaporize from the heat first or get squashed like a bug first.

Also considering we have detected Brown Dwarfs in other areas in our Galaxy, I find it VERY HARD to believe that somehow we missed the closest one to us. Infact I would think it would be visable with the naked eye considering that you are sugesting it will be here in 5 years.

It would be. They're fairly bright objects, particularly in some spectral ranges.

Anomic said:
No your not entirely wrong, but TRANSLATIONS could be, the fact that they say THIS is where they come from MAY mean a planet from that "system".

Solar systems are not small. If we had a second solar system floating through ours, believe me it would have been spotted. Planets can't form too close to a star (gravitational forces would tear them apart)

And the human "channelers" swear that they are stating correctly that the aliens live on the brown dwarf. However, the human channelers also make a lot of errors in basic science information, indicating that the "advanced aliens" either don't know science or the "channeler" doesn't know much science.

Would you care to provide a link to back that up? Because this isn't something that's been mentioned beofre and i suspect you've found a site that's just making things up.

...really, really, REALLY making things up.

Sunsetspawn said:
Can I get a link that isn't biased towards the type of stuff ATS members are into?

Heh. Let's not tar all of us with that broad brush, eh?

In fact, the Sumerians did NOT know about any planets beyond the visible ones. There's a huge amount of information that confirms this limit of their astronomy, for they were very much into astronomy and kept exhaustive lists of planetary positions. They did not name or give positions for planets beyond Saturn.

This can be seen in their astrology. If they'd had a "planet of disasters" there would be omens and prayers addressed to it and it would show up in this material:
www.geocities.com...

Here's a very interestng article in the Folklore magazine that goes into it and shows the cuneiform designations for planets, stars, etc, etc.
www.folklore.ee...

Nor were there any great disasters 3600 years ago. This was a time (1600 BC) when there were a lot of literate civilizations and there's plenty of archaeological evidence. No civilization -- anywhere -- writes about strange huge bright balls of gas in the sky and massive global earthquakes, etc, etc. That started with Von Danniken and Sitchin. Nor are there any traces of global disasters nor are there any folktales or poetry or plays from that time period indicating huge disasters.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Termination shock is suggesting that Sol is one star in a binary system, and that the mayans, for one reason or another knew this, even though we don't, and knew the length of the other star's orbit and synced their calender to it.

Nah.

There's nothing in their mythology or beliefs or culture or even hieroglyphs that indicate the sun being a binary system. Besides, it'd be really really obvious if we had a second sun (couldn't miss something that bright.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join