It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The horizon Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Someone please say it aint so!

have any of you heard what these supposed scientists are saying. Apparently global warming is an effect of some cosmic plane of gravity or energy. Apparently our solar system rides this plane like a wave. Every 5 or 10 thousand years(one or the other) we hit this crucial point that causes this massive geological shift on our planet. Wich causes continents to sink and new one to rise. This is why many underwater citys remain in tact. And coral reef can be found on mountain peaks. They have alot of evidence to support this and its down right terrifying. I heard one of the team members on COAST TO COAST last night. Anyway these scientists are saying we are about due within the next 10-15 years. There is nothing we can do but endure.

Here is the website. Can anyone debunk or confirm this with other sources?

www.thehorizonproject.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just caught the tail end of it on C2C myself. Here's a little more about it:

The Coming Catastrophe

An expert in such fields as advanced programming and database systems, Brent Miller discussed his involvement with The Horizon Project, which brings together numerous researchers and scientists. From analyzing a variety of ancient data and evidence, the group has concluded that Earth is about to enter a catastrophic phase, which occurs on a cyclic basis.

Miller cited evidence for past global catastrophes, such as sunken ancient cities, polar ice samples containing cosmic dust, ancient accounts of the sun moving backwards in the sky, and missing ancient technologies. The catastrophe occurred from a sudden geographic Pole Shift, he said, explaining that this takes place as the solar system nears the 'Galactic Plain' (see graphic below).

During this calamity, massive waves will wipe out 1/3 of the population, particularly those living on the coast lines, he warned, and another third will die within six months of the shift, due to the aftermath. He noted that Nostradamus, Cayce, Mother Shipton, the Mayan calendar, and current remote viewers all foresee a cataclysmic event taking place in the future. People can prepare by moving away from the coast, and planning out survival strategies of how they can live without the current infrastructure, Miller offered.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Offhand, it looks like doomsday propaganda to sell books and media. Looks like Miller trained under Major Ed Dames aka Dr. Doom, and Dames is always getting his predictions wrong.

Seems to go along with this song:

New World Man - Rush

Trying to save the day for the Old World Man
Trying to pave the way for the Third World Man

He's not concerned with yesterday
He knows constant change is here today
He's noble enough to know what's right
But weak enough not to choose it
He's wise enough to win the world
But fool enough to lose it
He's a New World Man...

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Here is a link to an interview he did on Out There T.V. which is basically the same thing he said on C2CAM. It is like he is reading from a script.

I don't trust anyone who is affiliated with Ed Dames.

video.google.com...

A link to Out There T.V. with the same interview.

www.lvitv.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Its just that alot of he was saying makes alot of sense. Also the fact that they were featured on the History Channel and ABC, made it seem a bit credible. I thought Ed Dames was a legit remote viewer? Is he even a remote viewer?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yeah those "episodes" on the website sure are pricey

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Notice how these people never predict the 'end of the world' in 5,000 years time
It's always around a decade or so away - soon enough to scare people, far enough off so they have plenty of time to make a load of cash from their scam .....

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Remote Viewer Major Ed Dames ... hmmm, well I watched his very short video clip called "The Killshot"

He also sells The Learn Remote Viewing DVD course which is pretty pricey. I have read that he was not a remote viewer but he was more of a prep person that taught the remote viewers how to use the remote viewing techniques that the government was using. I even read how they call him Dr. Doom, and how the men played a joke on him. They made up a fake remote viewing that said world doom was coming, and then watched Ed get all excited, ran off to warn the head honchos. I have to say while watching him on the video I just get this feeling he is a con artist. Yes, we did have a solar flare that he mentioned would happen, but you know I say it was a kawinky dink! I say all of his predictions have been nothing but a joke ... the time comes and goes.

Hey says we need to leave the coast but yet doesn't he live on the coast of Hawaii? He said the kill shot will begin when a space mission has to return to earth due to a meteor shower.

He puts out a video to scare the living daylights out of us simply for making a profit PERIOD! So, with that said here is the free google link to the video.

The Kill Shot

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hi everyone I just joined ATS today BECAUSE of this show on C2C that you guys are talking about in this thread. You see I came out with a theory about the end of the world happening on or about 2012 that I posted both on streamlink's coast riders forum (postings still exist there) and on amazon.com see coast.premiereinteractive.com... and www.amazon.com...=cm_sylt_byauthor_title_full_1 respectily for the posts. That was three years ago ok? Then suddenly monday night I hear brent miller talk about my theory (ie the solar system going throught the galactic plain causing an ELE or catastrophe) from the Horizon Project (started 2 years ago according to brent miller in the interview) which I noticed Ed dames was marketing on his RV website. I believe there are no coincidences and I do believe Ed Dames came in contact with my theory that I published on the web, most likely on C2C streamlink forum and ran with it. I do not mind him trying to make money off of my theory I proposed as I stated so in the second link above, but a little credit like I gave the authors of books that led me to this theory would be nice. Now I could be wrong and maybe it was one of the scientists involved with the horizon project but I doubt it. If anyone has any questions about my theory I will be happy to answer any after you read at least one of the 2 links above.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't want to alarm people but I listened to the C2C with Brett talking about this gravitic wave coming from the Galactic centre around 2012 and linked it with what Dan Burisch is also saying that the governments of the world are aware of this and have had 30+ years to build complex bunker systems to ride it out.

Dan..take him or leave him is a very astute man and very articulate, he calls this energy wave a ribbon that destroys most living things on this planet in the year 2012.

I dont know if they are reading from some script to kind of warn humanity to get ready but its eerily similar. Dan claims that there is a energy ribbon that the earth is about to pass thru that will wipe out 3 billion people. Brett claims its a gravitational field that we rotate through that kills 4 billion people.

I put these 2 guy's theories to an intellectual I work with and he smiled, saying "well you realise if its true....(pause)..... we're ok" and I said what the hell are you talking about ?. He replied " well you know that the Australian Aborigines are probably the oldest unchanged civilization on Earth ?".

I will spell it out to those who can't put 2 and 2 together, I live in Australia and what he was alluding to was that if there is a cyclic destruction Earth wide then we are in the best place to ride it out as the Aboriginals who are/were hunter gathers have survived at least 10 of these devestating events and continued in harmony to survive.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyonddeath
Someone please say it aint so!

have any of you heard what these supposed scientists are saying.

< snip >

Here is the website. Can anyone debunk or confirm this with other sources?

www.thehorizonproject.com...

I have the dvd. What he says is all based on fact and historical data.

The overview:

1. At the center of the galaxy is a super massive black hole - fact
2. There are gaps in all historical records from all cultures on the planet. His team corresponds these gaps to massive cataclysms that occured and bases this on corresponding data from ice cores, cores of the sea beds, sunken cities off of many coast lines, etc - fact
3. When a massive black hole becomes the size of the black hole at the center of our galaxy it is no longer a spheroid but flattens out into a toriodal plane and extends far beyond the edges of the physical galaxy - fact
4. The galaxy as it rotates has a wobble (just like earth has a wobble). As it spins it moves above and below the flattened out toriodal gravitational plane of the black hole - fact
5. The theory is that we will be passing into (and are probably already seeing the effects of) the galactic plane, i.e. strange weather patterns, etc. - theory

Ed Dames is a remote viewer. I actually purchased the course and took some of the workshops. RV does work and it can be extremely accurate if the viewer has skill. Most people are not skilled enough to get 100% accurate data but everyone has the abillity and most people can achieve anywhere from 60 to 80% accurate data. Just like everyone has intuition though some are naturally more proficient at using their intuition then others. In fact RV is just a protocol that increases that ability by training your conscious mind to get out of the way of your unconscious/subconscious mind so that you can transcribe the data to paper as it passes through the layers of your conscious awareness.

As far as if the conclusions of the HP are accurate and if it will happen... there is evidence that geographic pole shifts have occured in the past. So just based on that I think it is a matter of when not if.

-Euclid

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here is a paper describing one scenario of a geographic pole shift:

The research citation extract:
arxiv.org...

The link to the paper it self:
arxiv.org...

-Euclid

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just a few more people on the 2012 doomsday bandwagon.

The End of the World is pretty good business to get into, because you never run out of supply. The world has yet to actually end, and if it doesn't end in 2012, there'll be another doomsday just around the corner.

The only problem you run into is with too much competition, since nobody can copyright the end of the world. That means you have to offer something your customers can't get anywhere else. Same thing with evangelical preachers. When you're selling the same product as the next guy, you gotta spice it up.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I had seen the Horizon Project’s earthquake chart several weeks ago. The Horizon chart shows a stable trend through about 1997 or so, and a large increase at that time. I knew at the time I wanted to download the data from the U.S. Geological Survey website and reproduce the charts myself.

And I am glad I did. I do not get the results the Horizon Project shows in their charts. The only source they refer to, is back to USGS. They say their chart represents Worldwide earthquake data of earthquakes between magnitudes 6 and 8. Their chart values on the left show quantities, by year, ranging up to 40.

I have created my own chart. I show you exactly where the numbers are from the USGS web sites. I picked the last 18 years to match to the Horizon chart. I took the USGS numbers starting with 1990, and the 18 year period, if it were to match, should show the large climb Horizon shows. It does NOT.

You’ll see the numbers I loaded into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet below the chart. I took the direct USGS numbers and added totals for all earthquakes 6.0 and larger. You can see, the average numbers PER YEAR exceed 150… so where does Horizon get numbers below 40?

The data does not support a theory that earthquakes have been increasing significantly in recent years.

Here’s what my analysis of the data from USGS shows:
neic.usgs.gov...
neic.usgs.gov...

I wrote Mr. Brent Miller of the Horizon Project, and challenged his data. I got his response. His response was

11/29/2008
“Please read the news article carefully as the data is in relation to "deadly" or "historic" quakes. The data and graph are correct. Below is the link...”

And he links me back to his graph, not to the “data” behind his statistics.

My opinion is this: He and the Horizon Project are manipulative forecasters. They’ve cherry picked the earthquake data that suits them. They’ve picked an average of 40 earthquakes out of an average of 150 strong earthquakes PER YEAR for the past century, and failed to tell us which ones “they’ve picked”. No explanation of where, when, or why. Then they’ve produced a graph to deceive the public by representing a graph that is “Worldwide” and don’t tell the public they’ve dropped another 90 earthquakes off their graph. That graph is going around the internet, and the message it visually tells, is “earthquakes are recently increasing by a huge scale”. They use this to prey on people’s emotions (their quote: “earthquake data shows frightening trend”), so that people will believe somehow they know more than the average guy… and, oh, by the way, maybe you’ll donate money to them. Geeze.

Mr. Brent Miller kind of reminds me of a snake oil seller.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by KathyT]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
I have the dvd. What he says is all based on fact and historical data.

I too have the dvd. That's one of the best documentaries to date dealing with the phenomenon we are about to face. If is based on very strong scentific fact and historical info. You'd have to be a fool not to listen.

The documentary is a base level understanding of events, but most people have to watched it a couple of times to grasp the consepts.

It's very simple to me now. The galaxy has an engine. That engine is a gravitional wave disk that flows from the center of the galaxy. The gravitional force drives the galaxy.

People have a hard time understanding that our solarsystem is in a spiraling arm. The english is quite plain here. Our solar system, earth sun, is in a SPIRALING arm. The arm spirals. We're spiraling through space. Everything we can observe in space is moving, does mankind still fool himself thinking he's at the center of all things? Our solarsystem is riding a spiral.

In that spiral we are brought up through pass over brought down through and pass under the galatic horizion. Upon passage through the galatic horizion, about ever 13000 the snilt hits the fan.

A couple of things that the crew fail to understand is that the geographic and magnetic pole shifts are on a diffrent cycle and they will be forced to compleat in this passing but every passing doesn't produce a pole shift.

Their info is good. Ignore it at your own perail

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There is a very good (free) presentation from the Horizon Project here:

www.disclose.tv...

I don't know if all their details are correct but this is seriously intriguing.

Keep in mind that megalithic structures (possibly manmade) have been discovered in the ocean off of Cuba and Japan. Solid rock monuments would be one of the very few things that would survive the time scales involved.......

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

I, too came here looking to verify what I heard on Coast to Coast, and to see what else is being said around its authenticity, because I have established an organization that can show how to recover our human communities, as well as our culture, and this needs to happen regardless of polar shifts and earthquakes...

my problem is getting people to understand the need for this re-organization, as our science shows us (i am an environmental organization executive director) our own human policies have devastated our fisheries well beyond a quick repair, caused miles of toxic swirls in our oceans, and caused the dissappearance of millions of species, many we never got to see or experience before they dis appeared...the species devastation in our lifetimes is beyond comprehension for any human group, and given that this planet is a living being, and humans can be akin to her children, she is not so happy with our humainty right now...and, we have underestimated the effects of obliterating North America's primary rainforest, or climate creator: the Redwood Rainforests...left at less than 1% her original size!!!!!

My own sense of how to guide our humanity is coming from the village systems called ashraamas, that from 10,000 years ago, were basically peaceful communities that lived in a harmonic balance with nature and mankind...anyone who is not ready to accept that our planet is a conscious, living entity we can communicate with, is missing about 2/3 of the true human experience, and we need recovery communities to re-discover what the Himalayan yogis have always known...man is a divine being, our abilites have been literally forgotten, because we have lost touch with our breath, and our compassion...one leading to the other.

To remember our creator, is to realize with every breath, that he/she is the divine breather, and without this divine breath, our consciousness ceases to exist...to truly pray, is to be conscious of every breath as sacred, and a holy gift from the creator...this cretes a magnetic reality within the human...love: positive magnetic energy generated from within...this is vastly more important to learn, than when our earth will undergo the floods and quakes, because we can die tomorrow.

This, is the science of Kriya Yog, or action breath to re=unite with parent source consciousness..roots are in sanscrit vedic texts, one commonly available from Amazon.com is Vasistha's yoga, which SHOWS and TELLS of many of the cultures of these world cycles, and the book is indeed factually dated, and can be proposed as actually a million years old, according to vedic history, which is carbon datable. In India, even Jesus of Nazareth was known to be teaching the Kriya, having been taught by a nath Master named Chetan nath...this is recorded Indian history, dated. Fact. It hosts the creation stories of many cultures!!!

I suggest folks do check out Yogiraj Satgurunath, and his temple in India, that hosts a solid Merucury shiva lingham, he commissioned this living entity to be ressurrected to help harmonize earths energy, and to stabilize some of the wobble that could cause this polar shift...I have no hard facts to show you, except photos of this living entity that looks like a giant silver egg. (shown on the earth peace page at: www.natural-villages.org , scroll to bottom for photos)

Anyone familiar with authentic VEDIC histories knows the world gets destroyed in cycles...and Adobe freestyle, thick low walls are the smartest approach, along with a four season harvest greenhouse...I plan to prepare...if you want to, also...keep an eye on our website: www.natural-villages.org ANYTHING can happen, we are the ones who intend our reality...unification within human thinking is the smartest approach to global catastrophy, humans thinking using the energies of compassion, love and fact based planning

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am looking for an objective, scientific, review of Brent Miller's work. Something is lacking here, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Any suggestions on where to look?

top topics

join