It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entheogen Plot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
First of all, for those who are not familiar with entheogens, they are plants which have hallucinogenic effects. They could be seeds, roots, leaves, or any other part of said plants. See www.erowid.org...

It is an established fact that many ancient cultures (mainly the native peoples of the Americas) utilized entheogens to enhance altered states of consciousness, and during these altered states, many participants experienced profound spiritual insights and met spirit and extraterrestrial beings. See www.native-languages.org... and www.crystalinks.com...

For whatever reason (certainly not because of the toxicity or dependence issues) the government has become increasingly prohibitive regarding the possession and use of entheogens. As alluded to above nearly all entheogens, if used by individuals who are experienced, are not toxic nor do they create chemical dependency. Entheogens do, however, open ones mind to universal oneness and allow for spiritual growth and awakening. Spiritually awakened people are more aware of and resistant to the dishonesty and imbalance evident in nearly all governmental endeavors, and they are more likely to do something about it, or at least voice their opinions.

Herein lies my theory: the government is becoming increasingly prohibitive in regard to entheogens because they know that anything that induces spiritual awakening is a danger to their power. The power of most governments are built on lies and abuse of said power, and spiritually awakened people who are better able to see the truth are more likely to confront the errors of their governments.

I can see no other reason why the government (particularly the US) would be so interested in keeping tabs on entheogen use when it is much less harmful (in fact they are harmless) than tabacco, alcohol, or even marijuana.

Thoughts?

[edit on 30-1-2007 by spiritconnections]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Excellent post and a subject that is close to my heart, I don't condone the taking of Hallucinogens, however they do open one's mind to reality and in doing so make people more intelligent(they make people think). Yes they are a threat if you are attempting to control a population. Have you read Pihkal(Phenylphylamines I have known and loved) by Alexander Shulgin or the follow up Tihkal(Tryptamines i have known and loved) two great books by a person i greatly admire. They show the development or discovery of Psychotropic compounds, whats nearly as important is his treatment by the Drug Enforcement Agency a real eye opener. Also Shulgin was a candidate for Bohemian Grove he turned them down, and thats where his troubles began.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by carslake]

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Also can i ask, after looking at your signature what discipline is your Doctorate in. Just out of interest.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake
First of all, for those who are not familiar with entheogens, they are plants which have hallucinogenic effects. They could be seeds, roots, leaves, or any other part of said plants. See www.erowid.org...

It is an established fact that many ancient cultures (mainly the native peoples of the Americas) utilized entheogens to enhance altered states of consciousness, and during these altered states, many participants experienced profound spiritual insights and met spirit and extraterrestrial beings. See www.native-languages.org... and www.crystalinks.com...

I will check out that information. I am currently reading Persephone's Quest: Entheogens and the Origins of Religion published by Yale University Press. I would like to read some stuff a bit closer to home (i.e. by those actively involved in entheogen use. Sadly, I am in South Korea and entheogens are pretty much outlawed here the same as in the US.

My PhD is in Pastoral Counseling Psychology.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

the government is becoming increasingly prohibitive in regard to entheogens because they know that anything that induces spiritual awakening is a danger to their power

I think that your theory needs to have a better explanation for why entheogens weren't a block to authoritarian power previously.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

the government is becoming increasingly prohibitive in regard to entheogens because they know that anything that induces spiritual awakening is a danger to their power

I think that your theory needs to have a better explanation for why entheogens weren't a block to authoritarian power previously.

(1) Because there was not a widespread interest in entheogens previous to the sixties and seventies. Before that time, most entheogen use was confined to native cultures for religious ceremonies.

(2) Authoritarian power was never before confronted by so many "technologies" (i.e. mainly the internet) by which spiritually awakened entheogen users could spread their wisdom and knowledge of the inner workings of governmental imbalance.

The first step in spiritual awakening is realizing you are being imprisoned by various factions of media and government, and desiring release from that imprisonment. This is a danger to the status quo, and the status quo is what the government(s) are so interested in maintaining. The more our senses are deadened, the easier it will be to control us.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Most Entheogens aren't illeagal.Mostly stuff like '___',peyote,mushrooms.

Check out this site here : I Am Shaman

Nice selection,and pretty much legal I think.There are a few states that they can't ship to,but other than that it seems they're pretty readily available.Unfortunately,I haven't gotten around to trying any of them yet,but hopefully I will get to soon.I've even had luck finding a few of them on eBay.

There are,however,a few entheogens that seem to be getting more gov't attention lately.I think Salvia is being scheduled (just a rumor I heard a while back).

Anyway,you are kind of right.They are starting to put more pressure on them,but in the wide range of entheogens available there still seems to be plenty of options to choose from.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by DocGonzo]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
When I lived in Washington State in the 70's there were lots of people going into the pastures and picking mushrooms by the cow poop patties. It was legal to do so and then the hoopla began about how people would start fighting over the shrooms because they were selling them and then the big legal hammer came down and it became illegal to go in and pick them.

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am a experienced pshyconaut and I hope that mind expanding natural plants and extracts stay legal because it should be my right to experiment with differants states of mind. Salvia is one of my favorite experiences and I know salvia can be dangerous but imo alcohol and tobacco are 1000 times worse. I have had the most profound mental awakenings after taking salvia and one time I actualy talked to what I precieved as an ET. I am also suspicious about why '___' is so highly illegal when it poses no health threat or addictive qualities? I have never had my mind more in tune with existence when then when I first broke through on '___' (dimethlytriptamine), its like being put into another dimension and I recomend every resonsible person try it at least once. Shamans and medicine men have known and used these plants for thousands of years so I think they have been safley tested and yes there is always a risk when doin any kind of mind altering substance but I think the benefit outweighs the cons.

I think the reason they are coming down on these things is just a lack of understanding coupled with some cases of morons abusing things like they would have done anyway with anything. I also think the governtment might not want people to expand their minds in that way and it might be bad for their control agenda. If they put flourine in our water to make us stupid and dosile then I would assume they would not want us to expand out forms of thought and they would do what they could to stop the masses from experiencing and becoming more awakened. The fact a government can tell me what I can and cant consume makes me sick and I hope one day I can wake up and say I am 100% free of ignorant fools who think they know whats best for everyone.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Has always banned what it could not understand. Its always in the pretext of doing good. Politicans only care about being reelected and come up with bills, banning this and that so they look good in the public eye. More and more though the government seems to be trying to control what we do. If it envolved rational thinking, or common sense some politician tried to make a law against it somewhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Good thread... As an *occasional* (take as you will
) pot smoker I consider myself pretty in touch with that Entheogen, and actually consider it's side effects a non-issue, especially with a vaporizer that does not create tar. That being said I've also experimented with Salvia and had a trip that was somewhere between mushrooms and '___'... Way more intense then what I had planned on coming from such a small hit of the stuff...... The trip lasted for 10 minutes and it felt like weeks, days, and I could control my physical self if I focused as hard as I could, made me hot... Ehhh, not what I would call a great experience.. I tried it other times and with different strengths (the first time was 40x) and had varying results, I think if I had a person more experienced with using it around I would have been more successful.

I'd like to hear more about others experiences with Salvia as well if they're comfortable sharing that.

I do believe that some of these drugs aid in getting some people over that barrier that stops so many from waking up and questioning things around them vs. taking everyones word that things just are the way they are because. I think it's interesting that most stories about the CIA trafficking drugs into the USA say that a large part of it is Heroin and Cocaine, not the mind expanding variety...

It all comes to responsibility of the user, they need to respect the drug they're using and respect their body. Some of these drugs are intense and people just aren't smart about how they approach it. When I tried Salvia the first time I made sure I had a "sitter", and I'm glad I did because she did help me out alot!! lol, I think I kinda freaked her out though.....

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
I have had the most profound mental awakenings after taking salvia and one time I actualy talked to what I precieved as an ET. I am also suspicious about why '___' is so highly illegal when it poses no health threat or addictive qualities? I have never had my mind more in tune with existence when then when I first broke through on '___' (dimethlytriptamine), its like being put into another dimension and I recomend every resonsible person try it at least once. Shamans and medicine men have known and used these plants for thousands of years so I think they have been safley tested and yes there is always a risk when doin any kind of mind altering substance but I think the benefit outweighs the cons.

I have smoked '___' once, a 30 min trip that took ten seconds to come on. The experience is hard to explain apart from its a f***ing raving maniac of a hit, 'its the only sure fire way to meet the godhead' as some would say. That said I offer this warning, imagine this, your in a room at one end is a door taking hallucinogens will open this door. On the other side is a void you will enter this place, revel in it and the glory it possesses. Now come down, now come back through the door and now try and close that door. Its impossible! an irrevocable change has happened to you, theres no going back now, you opened the door and it will never be closed again.

Some might say that i'm being dramatic all I can say is nothing will prepare you, without a robust mind you might struggle to come to terms with this experience and what it means to your life. Some people don't even get to that door, some make it because they have to, but dealing with what comes afterwards, thats another journey. To the experienced hallucinogens are a way to touch base concerning everything. I once read somewhere that indiginous south american tribes that have hallucinogens as part of their culture have practically no incidence of mental illness.

If your starting out use the Psilocybin mushrooms, just make sure you know what your picking. And stay off '___' and Datura it will mess u up all over.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocGonzo
Most Entheogens aren't illeagal.Mostly stuff like '___',peyote,mushrooms.

Check out this site here : I Am Shaman

Nice selection,and pretty much legal I think.There are a few states that they can't ship to,but other than that it seems they're pretty readily available.Unfortunately,I haven't gotten around to trying any of them yet,but hopefully I will get to soon.I've even had luck finding a few of them on eBay.

There are,however,a few entheogens that seem to be getting more gov't attention lately.I think Salvia is being scheduled (just a rumor I heard a while back).

Anyway,you are kind of right.They are starting to put more pressure on them,but in the wide range of entheogens available there still seems to be plenty of options to choose from.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by DocGonzo]

You are partly right. See www.erowid.org... for information on entheogen law. Some entheogens are legal to possess, but not to ingest. Many are totally illegal to possess. And the law is becoming more aggressive. The question remains: why? Entheogens are not addictive, and if used correctly are completely harmless.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This whole subject has been a huge part of my studies, which I cannot post or publish because of the legality, and the policies of this board.. (Deny Ignorance?)

I agree, because the board would be over-run with kooky drug stories and everything would get blown out of wack.... But I think a separate board like BTS/ATS/PTS would be perfect for entheogenic discussions, and a separate board for attached to that one for discussions about USE.. like ATS/BTS's relationship...

as well as it should be an 18+ board.

I think some serious discussion about this should be prompted.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
This whole subject has been a huge part of my studies, which I cannot post or publish because of the legality, and the policies of this board.. (Deny Ignorance?)

I agree, because the board would be over-run with kooky drug stories and everything would get blown out of wack.... But I think a separate board like BTS/ATS/PTS would be perfect for entheogenic discussions, and a separate board for attached to that one for discussions about USE.. like ATS/BTS's relationship...

I agree. I thought SkunkWorks was the best option considering the boards we have to deal with.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
No no no, they don't mean that kind of "Skunk" Works.. lol

The fact is that those plants have a very specific neurological effect on us.
A very interesting thing is, the fact that when we sleep/dream we release nn, '___' .... very powerful... another funny fact is many of the plants around us are riddled with '___' of one sort or another.. Coincidence?

I think being terrified of these substances have had a dramatic effect on our development... We (or atleast whoever WANTS to) should be allowed to ingest these "keys" to inner knowledge

[edit on 1/30/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Those that know who the man in my avatar is will hear me on this...

That which we don't understand we fear.

That which we fear, we try to eradicate.

'nuff said.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Agreed, but what is the legality about this, aslong as we don't condone its use we can discuss our experiences or studies can't we. What does the MOD say?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Those that know who the man in my avatar is will hear me on this...

That which we don't understand we fear.

That which we fear, we try to eradicate.

'nuff said.

Sorry man can't make it out, i'm staring at it and i feel a flashback coming on

Seriously though who is it?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by carslake
Seriously though who is it?

Terence McKenna

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join