It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entheogen Plot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Terence actually has some neat things to say about the relationship between entheogens and extraterrestrial contact. I do not agree with his conclusions regarding ETs, but he is brilliant in the entheogen field. I'll try to find the video to post.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by spiritconnections]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I was talking to a guy about '___' like a month or so ago,and he dropped me this link. It's Joe Rogan talking about his experiences with '___'.

Those who don't know much about it might want to give it a listen.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've read some good books over the years about the subject, if your interested check these out.

The Doors of Perception: Aldous Huxley
Food of the Gods: Terence McKenna
The Invisible Landscape: Terence McKenna
Psilocybin: The Magic Mushroom Growers Guide: Terence McKenna
Pihkal: Alexander Shulgin
Tihkal: Alexander Shulgin

The Invisible Landscape which I read as a youth but can't find it anywhere now is out of print.

If your interested in Ethnobotany you could read some Gordon Wasson. Shulgin deals with the chemical engineering and psychopharmacology of natural and man made derivatives and the actual experiences involved with taking these compounds. And Aldous Huxley the philosophy and effects. Terence McKenna dealt with ethnobotany, cultivation and the philosophy of the experience.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is the Terence McKenna video I mentioned earlier. As I said before, I do not agree with his interpretation of extraterrestrial experiences, but the talk is interesting nonetheless.

video.google.com

mod edit, fix link

[edit on 31-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Terence is my favorite, very smart man. Too bad he left us before he could see if his predictions about 2012 were true.

Anyways, back on topic... The CIA helped to make lsd and test it on people, then later determined it to be dangerous because it causes insanity, but they also found that it had a 50% success rate in helping to cure alcoholism. Thats a hell of alot better than AA meetings. Plus psychologists and psychiatrists were in heaven studying these things during their popularity. Then all of a sudden nobody can touch them or study them (with the exception of Rick Strassman, M.D with '___') to really get to the problem if there even is one. Instead we put more people in jail then anywhere in the world, by far. All in all it is causing more problems then it is solving

Terence talked about how ignoring the usefullness psychedelics is a big mistake for our society, and inhibits our spiritual evolution.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Our governments have been fighting the drugs war for nigh on 30 years they lost plain and simple. What upsets me is which fool thought it would be a good idea to declare war on your own people. I'm sure the religous leaders brought alot of weight to bare on it because after taking hallucinogens I just thought organised religion and the people who follow it were deluded.

I mean who needs some guy in a pulpit dictating to you when you can actually have spiritual enlightenment. I'm pretty sure coc aine and heroin
will be legalised before hallucinogens, even though like we know there is no dependancy.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A few things:

Being an active..."studier" of entheogenics (Mescaline and '___' are my 2 favorites) i should point out something. There is no CONCLUSIVE evidence to suggest a link with N,N-'___' and dreaming. It is only a theory (one which i support mind you) and it unfortunately is misleading to state otherwise...

And secondly along with the many good reasons given for criminalizing these powerful tools, i believe there is an economic reason aswell. With the stance the US government has taken on narcotics, to allow entheogens to remain outside of the government control would A) hurt there stance on the war on drugs and B) hurt the businesses that provide legal drugs such as the tabacoo and alcohol industry. After all, they are POWERFUL.

Any word from MODS on the possibility of discussing these plants? because i would definatly love to talk about them...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by carslake

That said I offer this warning, imagine this, your in a room at one end is a door taking hallucinogens will open this door. On the other side is a void you will enter this place, revel in it and the glory it possesses.

Though i share much of your sentiment this caught my attention. When reffering to '___' "The Void" often reffers to 5-MeO-'___', rather than N, N-'___'. Though similar in structure, 5-MeO-'___' is produced in a lab and has a different sensation when used.

Are you sure you had N,N-'___'? BOth are intersting tools but produce different effects IMO

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever
Terence is my favorite, very smart man. Too bad he left us before he could see if his predictions about 2012 were true.

Anyways, back on topic...

The CIA helped to make lsd
and test it on people, then later determined it to be dangerous because it causes insanity, but they also found that it had a 50% success rate in helping to cure alcoholism. Thats a hell of alot better than AA meetings. Plus psychologists and psychiatrists were in heaven studying these things during their popularity. Then all of a sudden nobody can touch them or study them (with the exception of Rick Strassman, M.D with '___') to really get to the problem if there even is one. Instead we put more people in jail then anywhere in the world, by far. All in all it is causing more problems then it is solving

Terence talked about how ignoring the usefullness psychedelics is a big mistake for our society, and inhibits our spiritual evolution.

The CIA did not help make '___'. Sorry, your info is mistaken.
This thread is borderline drug disinfo, and I'm going to bring it to the mods
attention.

Lex

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, '___' was found while searching for a migraine medication. The scientists tested it on each other and apparently one of them killed themselves by jumping out of a window... That scientist that killed himself was also had mental problems in his history... So yeah, they made it illegal in 1967.. Here's some wiki info on it.

en.wikipedia.org...'___'#Origins_and_history

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaTaX
If I remember correctly, '___' was found while searching for a migraine medication. The scientists tested it on each other and apparently one of them killed themselves by jumping out of a window... That scientist that killed himself was also had mental problems in his history... So yeah, they made it illegal in 1967.. Here's some wiki info on it.

en.wikipedia.org...'___'#Origins_and_history

Yeh so what.. Albert Hoffman is the first person to synthesize it.. also the first person to experience it's effects.
in the 1950's the CIA caught wind of some experiments the russians were doing and felt they were "behind" so they decided to implement their own research, and began experiments on human subjects with '___', starting with themselves (the CIA) secretly dosing each other.. Than it moved onto a wider range and became a serious endeavor to investigate.
FFS Timothy Leary (who wrote the prisons psychiatric tests was subjected to writing it for his incarceration for marijuana!)
The CIA also had Leary help them on numerous occasions.

The evidence is clear that the CIA and the US government is the root behind the negative view on these substances, under their(CIA) conditions many a nightmare were conjured up. Aside from the horrors inflicted upon innocent people by its own government '___' and other drugs have been nothing but an aide to psychological understanding, as well as many other fields of understanding.
It's suppressing human potential if anything. under the right intelligence or guidance these "substances" can be used for such a phenomenal benefit to mankind it's absolutely become laughable to have a war on them.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Its source was P. Arundinacea.

The description of it as a void is a metaphor and was used to show the effect on the unaldulterated mind that all Entheogens have at a certain dosage.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The government is afraid of spirituality. They are afraid that people will stop becoming rabid consumers of manufactured goods. They are afraid that people will love each other and stop warring against each other. They are afraid that people will see their religous leaders as hypocrites and liars whose aim is to acquire money and power. They are afraid that people will quit their jobs and live simply and within their means. They are afraid that people will stop being slaves to money and status. They are afraid that people will actually see the men behind the curtain who mislead them and use them and care nothing about them.

Psychedelics are not for partying. Please use them responsibly.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by carslake

Its source was P. Arundinacea.

The description of it as a void is a metaphor and was used to show the effect on the unaldulterated mind that all Entheogens have at a certain dosage.

Gotcha, I didnt mean to sound doubtful as most experianced users would never take anything randomly. I was just courious if by chance you had taken on rather than the other.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

Gotcha, I didnt mean to sound doubtful as most experianced users would never take anything randomly. I was just courious if by chance you had taken on rather than the other.

No worries, I'd like a more open discussion about the subject and we can't.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
When I lived in Washington State in the 70's there were lots of people going into the pastures and picking mushrooms by the cow poop patties. It was legal to do so and then the hoopla began about how people would start fighting over the shrooms because they were selling them and then the big legal hammer came down and it became illegal to go in and pick them.

As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end.

Damn hippies running around picking mushrooms in the poop patties!

Its crazy that something from nature could ever be illegal. Did people really fight over the shrooms?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Stuff like this makes me hate the world. A shroom pops up out of cow sh** and whoever eats it feels like a genius. The most beautiful plant ever, covered in crystals and many exotic colors sprouts out of the ground and makes everything funny, relaxes you, and just... lets you think. And what happens? They both become illegal.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

The CIA did not help make '___'. Sorry, your info is mistaken.
This thread is borderline drug disinfo, and I'm going to bring it to the mods
attention.

Lex

Calm down buddy, I meant they were responsible for making it popular. There are documents from the CIA linked to Timothy Leary and he had even said himself that he was being used by the intelligence agents of this country to popularize '___'. This link will help

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Anyone heard of the Dream fish? Eat it at dinner, and you will remember all your dreams that night. Those dreams will feel real. One of the few entheogenic animals.

Never tried bufo toad poison, though.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uplifted
Anyone heard of the Dream fish? Eat it at dinner, and you will remember all your dreams that night. Those dreams will feel real. One of the few entheogenic animals.

Never tried bufo toad poison, though.

No never herd of it, got any source material on it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join