It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far ahead is the USA ..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I offten see posted that the US is 10 years or so ahead of this or that country. But what I realy wonder is just how many years ahead is the US from what they show us ? What do you think we can realy do?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOGIT
I offten see posted that the US is 10 years or so ahead of this or that country. But what I realy wonder is just how many years ahead is the US from what they show us ? What do you think we can realy do?

I dont understand what you mean. What do you mean by, "what can we really do?" You talk like we are your enemies or something. I think you euros need to stop and take a look around to see who your real enemies are. They are in your own beds and you are worried about us?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Possibly what you are referring to is the Military/Government.

The technology that "we" (the general populous) have readily available is approximately two generations behind what they have behind closed doors.

You can view some very nifty gadgets being introduced in Popular Science that is around a decade ahead of what we've got "on the streets" right now.

Keeping that in mind, they (Military/Government) have technologies that are about a decade ahead of what they are just now beginning to disclose to us.

So, in my opinion, we're about 10 - 20 years behind what the Military/Government have on hand. But that doesn't mean everything they still have under lock and key really works, though.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

The technology that "we" (the general populous) have readily available is approximately two generations behind what they have behind closed doors.

You can view some very nifty gadgets being introduced in Popular Science that is around a decade ahead of what we've got "on the streets" right now.

Keeping that in mind, they (Military/Government) have technologies that are about a decade ahead of what they are just now beginning to disclose to us.

So, in my opinion, we're about 10 - 20 years behind what the Military/Government have on hand. But that doesn't mean everything they still have under lock and key really works, though.

Well said. Testing and studying of certain technology is everlasting in these fields. They (Gov't) have the dimes and the time to do this and the amount of man power. I would say at least 7 years ahead of any other country overall...Depending on certain objects that number could vary.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

....., we're about 10 - 20 years behind what the Military/Government have on hand. But that doesn't mean everything they still have under lock and key really works, though.

that 10-20 year window is probably a conservative number...

WOGIT, here's a pdf file from 1968, from a monthly meeting/discussion/reporting session
"IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, October 1968"
@ the White Sands Missile Range facility

the link: ieeexplore.ieee.org...

some of the entries and descriptions of work then, already. underway;

various exotic metal batteries
fuel cell systems,
solar energy,
space based solar powered energy transmitters,
exotic thermal micro-thin layers of foil,
space power systems producing electric propulsion,
implantable Rankine-Cycle engine,
implantable artifical heart...using plutonium 238
implantable Sterling engine to power devices including heart pumps,
Deep-Ocean Electrical Power Systems, for up to 2,000 deep, 10,000KW, +3 year operation, available before the 1980 needs & requirements !

~and lots more unique technology things being developed, refined~

scan these things over, compare to when commercial stuff became available, & even try to conceive just what has the gov't got on the deep-ocean floor that will need 10,000KWs of electricity and have a useful life of +3 years before an overhaul

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
St Udio, Do you have any idea as to what may lie on the ocean floor? I am curious to know what you think about that.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Some very good links guys!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOGIT

Perhaps alien technology has assisted some of the more powerful nations.
For the end benefit of the aliens, of course.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, I took it to mean that you were asking how much further ahead of other nations such a s China, et cetera.. I really don't know. Talk to anyone that has traveled to China and they will tell you that China is no where near a third-world country as far as technology is concerned;they are very advanced... I seriously doubt that we are 20+ years ahead of them like so many are suggesting. We may be a decade ahead, but that's even stretching it. Unless the U.S military has a bunch of secretive weapons that no one else knows about, I don't see where we are really all that much further advanced than many other countries. I really don't.

Everyone else seems to have taken it to mean in comparison to the general populace. I would guess that there are probably little gadgets out there that we don't know anything about... I wouldn't think that it would be anything too extraordinary though, to be honest.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 2-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The military budget for the year 2007 $522 billion so after the pay for the troops and benifits i guess what you got left is research so if it doesnt work right now it will work in the next 5 years. Im in the army and i have'nt seen anything that blew my mind yet even though i have heard about some planes and one really cool sub.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I took it to mean that you were asking how much further ahead of other nations such a s China, et cetera.. I really don't know. Talk to anyone that has traveled to China and they will tell you that China is no where near a third-world country as far as technology is concerned;they are very advanced... I seriously doubt that we are 20+ years ahead of them like so many are suggesting. We may be a decade ahead, but that's even stretching it. Unless the U.S military has a bunch of secretive weapons that no one else knows about, I don't see where we are really all that much further advanced than many other countries. I really don't.

If you remember, Bill Clinton GAVE a LOT of our military secrets to China, and they stole a lot more, so they're not very far behind us except in testing and proving systems. Russia hasn't produced anything new of any worth in years, but I've read that they're going to soon deploy a new missile defense system. When that happens it will cause a LOT of activity in our defense industry as we try to clone it and learn how to beat it.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19 Kilo
The military budget for the year 2007 $522 billion so after the pay for the troops and benifits i guess what you got left is research so if it doesnt work right now it will work in the next 5 years. Im in the army and i have'nt seen anything that blew my mind yet even though i have heard about some planes and one really cool sub.

About $170 B goes to the war. Much of the rest goes to space, A.I. and related platforms.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, my dad is a mechanic/technician/teacher for Ford Motors here in Australia.

He went to the Henry Ford Estate and Plant in the States, and saw some amazing things that he was to learn about in order to bring back to Australia. He was sworn to secrecy in regards to most of the things he saw.

I was 13 at the time, and I pressured him and pressured him, and yet he didn't tell me anything.

I asked him if it was water powered cars in the future. He said no. I asked him if it was nuclear powered cars. He said no. I asked him if it was anything that we use today. He said no.

He did, however speak of holographic HUD's that you couldn't see whilst driving normally and concentrating on the road, but the minute that you wanted to know the speed you were going, an image would appear infront of your eyes as if by magic.

Cwazyyyy.......

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hi WOGIT,

The USA I feel, if we're talking Military?, is decades above the rest. Since Reagan, founder of let's not just catch up but surpass USSR in military hardware and expertise.

I also believe, the USA has superior stuff seen usually at night -- unidentified. I mean really, after already losing one F117 SF in enemy territory, the secret stuff from super-foreign technology can't be risked to loss on a training run over another Country now.

Dallas

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am sure that our country has lots of military secrets that other Countries do not have and we cannot let them have our secrets. WE first and foremost, have NASA at our disposal, which gives us numerous amounts of allies to help us with our space program. The United States is developing dozens of technologies, but the question remains to see if we can see them within our lifetime. I'd like to see these technologies released, and when they are released, it will be beneficial to the entire human race.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Im sure in areas like electronics the US has a decade or so advantage over their adversaries.

Im also sure in guided munitions and aeronautics the US has a sizeable advantage.

In other areas im sure they have a DISADVANTAGE.

If the U.S has so much secret high technology, why cant they stop IED's? The U.S. Military is still vulnerable to indirect and direct fired rockets and artillery also.

While no other country can boast this anti-IED technology, Israel was able to field the first anti-rpg defense system. Something the U.S. wasn't able to do.

Also remember the USS Cole bombing where a missile destroyer was put out of commission by low tech suicide bombers.

US Military bases are infiltrated and disrupted by low tech insurgents by mortars or suicide IED's.

Helicopters are shot down by enemy rockets.

Cyber attacks are increasing.

The US Military has been unable to disrupt the enemy from using the internet to their advantage.

Our intelligence agency falsifies intelligence to stir up cases for war.

We have been unable to find or locate foreign terrorists in our country.

Iran is continuing with their nuclear program while our military tacticians have put us in a situation where we will be unable to respond without a draft.

North Korea has developed nuclear weapons (rumored).

We are failing miserably in our tactics in Iraq.

We have been unable to find Bin Laden or Zawahiri.

So I would say we are not THAT advanced. I think our Military is overhyped personally.

Although we did kick Iraq and Afghanistans ass in a standup fight. But that might not be saying much compared to Iran or North Korea.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
contrary to poular belief, i think the usa is on par (technology wise) with the uk

Visit both countrys, same technology. Parts of korea are highly advanced too.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I beleive the US government is at the same level as most Western Countries are, and even at the same level as Civilians are. The diferance lies here:
A: The Governent has nearly unlimited reserves to develop these new technologies. We don't, so it may take us quet a few years to catch up.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hey XphilesPhan, the USD is coming into serious trouble on the world market, and perhaps an inflationary means within the USA slightly before or just after the next US Presidential election's done (decided).

Of course I could be wrong, have been before. But not with all the billions of spent dollar warnings as is happening the last few years. As well as all the Euro-switch-overs dealing in international trade.

Dallas

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplementOfWar

In my opinion, it is foolish to base a nations capabilities by a limited assessment of their response to a given situation. Nobody posting on this blog or any other public blog for that matter knows the details in the decision making process or fully understands what is going on. I'm not suggesting that the US is some super slueth nation incapable of mistake. My simple point is that it's shortsighted at best to judge a nations strength by their conformity to our opinion of how they should respond.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join