It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to make the US fight China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I was wondering , what do you think it would take to cause the US and China to go to war? Do you think the US would actually go to war over a Chinese invasion of Taiwan ?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think it is quite possible. A few years ago we said that we would actually go as far as a nuclear war with china over Taiwan. Of coyurse, this was before bill clinton decide to commit treason.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The only way the US would attack China is if China attacked the US/or GB
,and then it would not be an invasion force but a Nuclear response

In answer to your question NO the US/United nations..or anyone else for that matter would not move(physically) If China took Taiwan ..more likely just dilomatic rumblings.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Definitely the U.S. will intervene if China attempts to retake Taiwan by force. Thats pretty much the only one that I can think of that would involve U.S. v. China, of course North Korea would be another conflict that could involve both nations.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
From what I understand China carries a lot of the US's debt in the form of US bonds ? If the States every did decide to attack China, could they not just dump there debt by selling all there bonds ? & what would that actually do?

[edit on 29-1-2007 by WOGIT]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
of course North Korea would be another conflict that could involve both nations.

Funny you say that. I wounder if the only reason China keeps the hole North Korea thing going is to use as some "ace up the sleeve" if push ever does come to shove with taiwan.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
As soon as the 'Allies' get stupid with the Oil they have taken control of in the Middle East, most of which is headed for Asia.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMa9eD
As soon as the 'Allies' get stupid with the Oil they have taken control of in the Middle East, most of which is headed for Asia.

I believe its that very oil that will be used in guarantees to help get China and Russia on board for the attack thats comeing in Iran.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Isn't it U.S. law that our military has to protect Taiwan against any Chinese invasion?
'
I thought so, but even if it's not law, I still think we would go to war against China if they did try a military takeover of Taiwan.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
China has been built into the economic power it is today by loans and technology transfers from the west.

I will say this again...China is a construct ..a nation born and groomed by western investors. China is the fertile ground for profit for these investors.

We are talking here about banks, insurance companys, and manufacturers all transfering or facilitating the transfer of technology.

If China was so hot on thier own it would have been done long before Ping Pong diplomacy. This was not done...by China but by Barbarian investors.

This is the exact same scenerio which happened to Japan and Germany prior to WW2.

We will go to war and repossess China when the Chinese renig on the loans and turn on thier handlers.For Nothing else..will we go to war.

Let me translate that last statement...We as Americans and other nations too are the "boot lackeys " for thier investments. We lick boots when we are required to protect their investments.

China is the profit making tool of these investors and they will brook no interference from anyone including governments. THey will make moves to get governments to support thier investment making potential ..not the other way around. Dont let anyone in the media and education institutions deceive you on this ..they are lying.

To repossess an investment gone bad the historical precident is to arm and groom a neighbor to take them on. In the Case of China it must be a neighbor who is nuclear equipped, has lots of disposable and expendable people..cannon fodder... and of course in close proximity. This must as usual be done with a coalition but also with a hammer..physically close by.

Just some thoughts on the subject.

Orangetom

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
North Korea has caused the US to fight China b4, i don't see why it won't happen again.

Korean war, when the US entered they pushed the North Koreans back until they reached China and then they intervened and we started losing territory so we ended the war back at the original border.

37th parallel, or is that Vietnam and then the Korean border is another parallel line.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hehe, and what will happen then? Where is your mouse made? CHINA. Where are TVs and other thigns made? CHINA. Where is everything made? CHINA! If this happens, couldn't China just not export products? If that happens, then..wow. Good thing bread is still made in America.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh im pretty sure if Chinese Industries were to stop production du to uh...

"Technical Difficulties" (mushroom in the background)

The US could still reconvert their industrial base to take care of their basic needs
the price would be higher but it's about it

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
lol, u have a point.

but look at it this way, the US economy will get a huge boost and unemployment rates will go down

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't think China and the US will go to war for a very very very long time...why? Because they both benefit from each other's "friendship".

What I do know is...the hype surrounding India/China/Brazil/etc. is way too onesided. I don't believe I will see the Eastern world overtake the West (the US and EU) anytime soon.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyPolak
the US economy will get a huge boost and unemployment rates will go down

I agree, although I don't see Americans getting down and dirty...FOr basic needs, the US will be ok. But other than that...
Basically, there are the brains, but there are no workers. Oh, but Bush could let in immigrants from all over the world.. Interesting...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
China will never invade Taiwan, as the very reason China want's it is for it's economic base, industries and technologies. If they were to invade they would destroy it and have a big back hole they would have to dump money into.

The United States would not defend Taiwan if it formally declared independance (it hasn't - and won't), we would only come to their aide in an unprovoked attack. China knows Taiwan's military is more advanced, even if they could win with sheer number's they would not engage as it would demonstrate weaknesses to the global community.

Furthermore, China only holds about 800 Billion is U.S. debt - that isn't much when you think about it.

Japan and Taiwan combined would obliterate the Chinese military - without U.S. intervention. Yes, Japan would go to bat if the Chinese became aggressive.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I cant see China invading anyone whilst they are riding the crest of a mighty economic wave!

And I cant see the US at this moment in time being capable of doing anything other than launch a big one! They have too many irons in the fire.

Anyway isn't Iran next...no, I meant N.Korea!....

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwazzy

Originally posted by CrazyPolak
the US economy will get a huge boost and unemployment rates will go down

I agree, although I don't see Americans getting down and dirty...FOr basic needs, the US will be ok. But other than that...
Basically, there are the brains, but there are no workers. Oh, but Bush could let in immigrants from all over the world.. Interesting...

haha, i find that funny even though my parents are immigrants (legal ones don't worry)

you've got a point about Americans not wanting to get down and dirty. i have met so many Americans that have complained about their jobs and just get lazy about it, so when a hard working Polish woman (my mother) gets a job there she gets a huge Xmas bonus for working her ass off, while her husband (my father) is working 12 hours of the night working his ass off. they have the nerve to complain that foreigners are taking jobs when they aren't working half as hard as they should be.

don't get all angry America, i know that the vast majority of you work very hard, and i respect you for that. its just the select few that make you all look like a bunch of idiots, trust me my highschool has plenty of them.

for all the hard working men and women of the US
keep at it

lol, alright back on topic. Yeah i can't see teh US going to war anytime soon after all the Iraq stuff goin on. Taiwan has plenty of other allies that would be more than willing to help.

i think US should let them go to war if they want to, stay out and build our own economy, so that if we ever HAVE to go to war (for example, if WW3 starts up) our troops won't be scattered around half the globe

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Before US decide to attack China it will have to ask permission to corporate America.

To much money involved right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join