It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Much has happened, little has changed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hey all,

Just going to introduce myself somewhat before I get down to the post. Signed up just after the new year and have visited this site everyday since then, mostly catching up on all of the interesting theories you guys have brought forward, even some claiming to have experienced some first hand, which is extremely interesting. I'm still fairly young at 19 and i'm pretty open minded, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that ET's exist from the mounts of information I have read and pondered over. So many witnesses, so many photos, so many personal accounts of abductions or sightings.

I'm so frustrated with the lack of 'official' information from our Governments, despite the sightings, photos, witnesses prepared to go to Congress. Sick of being played for a fool, sick of the ridicule people are exposed to. Major mass sighting in O'hare for example of which very few witnesses have the courage to speak out, even anonymously because of this ridicule. However I am very grateful to the few who do.

So my question to you, is this.

What has to happen for the Government to come clean?

From where i'm stood I think a UFO landing on the lawn of the Whitehouse would be laughed off and explained as a weather balloon, weather anomaly, prank or any other of the countless excuses that have been used before.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
the analogy is that we are like fish in a fish tank. we are only aware of what is going on in the tank. this is what our leaders want.

for alien exposure you have to wait untilk everyone of us is totally mind controlled. then nothing you get will ever be truth, if you are waiting for it, it will never happen. they will control everything we see and do, and information we get. the truth is supposedly so overwelming that we copuld not take it, what ever that means. ignorance is bliss and all that. they have shaped our conscience that even if we were told the truth, we would probably deny it because of our own minds will not accept it.

all i say to you is read up on the subject, and make your own beliefs, but be aware that this subject is filled with so much disinfo. be very careful about believing in anything coming out today, like serpo.

just my 2 cents.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank you Andy, point taken. While I am eager for the truth, I wont believe everything I am told, I am aware of serpo, and it's a fantastic story, I believe that is all it is. While there is no doubt in my mind that we are being visited, I believe the world has a right to know. Tired of the Government hiding behind walls of lies. Power to the people.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
First, you must come to the conclusion that we'll most likely never be told the entire truth about this matter. Even if ET is globally substantiated and our governments admit to keeping quiet about them, the only kind of disclosure you would ever get is that they do exist and there will be a promise to protect us from them, and this is only if they're 'forced' to admit to them. They will never "open the books" to let us know what they do even if Disclosure is reached, there are just too many secrets and too much suppressed information for them to make it all public. So just know that we may get eventual Disclosure like so many of us hope for, but we'll never get the entire truth as long as our government is holding all the cards, it's as simple as that, there is simply no corner they can't get out of no matter how hard you try to back them into one.

So what has to happen for this to even be possible? Well, hopefully whatever does happen doesn't cause a massive economic or religious breakdown in its wake. It's hard to say what 'has to' happen though, short of some kind of mass-sighting with videos, pictures, and 100+ witnesses. But the evidence is all around us, we just can't substantiate the existence of beings who won't communicate with us and won't stick around long enough for people to get in their cars and drive to a field where a sighting is taking place.

I know I probably didn't answer your question they way you would've liked, but this is just my $.02 and there are plenty of other people who could probably give you a better explanation.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thank you BrokenVisage, I welcome all viewpoints, I guess that is a fear of many of us, although I can only speak for myself. Your point is very valid, it seems full disclosure will only come if the ET's initiate it themselves. Guess we can always hope.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeVision
Thank you BrokenVisage, I welcome all viewpoints, I guess that is a fear of many of us, although I can only speak for myself. Your point is very valid, it seems full disclosure will only come if the ET's initiate it themselves. Guess we can always hope.

just also accept that if they travel outside our 3d reality, then they could probably time travel. so our timeframe may not be so important, to them.

remember the main reason why we probably are not told about aliens is because if our leaders told us they are here, the government would have to tell us how they got here. this is something probably to dangerous to tell us about yet, in our time.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What is simply needed is new vision - new leadership within the UFOlogy community.

And a new breed of leadership is what is planned for 2007.

Have hope! - The best is yet to come!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thank you TruthMagnet, I hope you are right, i'm trying to keep in good spirit about it and genuinely feel a buzz of activity recently. I have never had personal contact myself, or even seen a UFO, but I just cant deny their existence. Theres just this huge urge inside me that burns like a fire, to know more.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What has to happen for the Government to come clean?

What if the government has come clean and they have no more idea about what's going on than you (or I) do? What if that's the case? What if that's the truth? Could you accept it?

I don't think so, and I don't think most people could. And IMHO, this is why you get little or no "official" government comment. Because of the ones they "know" about are secret government stuff. And the ones they don't know about, well, they don't know. And it's scarier for them than it is for us. We can assume someone somewhere knows what's going on, but if you're the one that's supposed to know and you don't...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thank you yeahright, another very valuable point. Indeed, that would be scary for a lot of people, everyone always expects for someone else to know more about it than them, but I guess that has to end somewhere, maybe they don't know to much about it either and don't want the people to lose faith in their ability to protect them.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
What is simply needed is new vision - new leadership within the UFOlogy community.

And a new breed of leadership is what is planned for 2007.

Have hope! - The best is yet to come!

I agree with you, that the ufology community has the ability to change this. I have made comments on what I think ufology should be doing here.

I have to ask--what do you mean by a "brand of new leadership"?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well - if self promotion were not a violation of ToS here - I'd be glad to tell you all about it.

Let me just say look towards late this March for a new grass-roots effort that should complement the fine work here at ATS nicely.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
First off, welcome to ATS!

Now, the question I am most worried about isn't whether or not the government is holding back - its if aliens do exist, are our governments engaged in hostile relations with them?

i could understand why governments would feel the need to keep quiet about it. It could cause panic, it may upset religious groups etc etc. But if our governments are engaged in hostile relations with alien governments, and therefore putting us at major risk without us even knowing, I would be completely UTTERLY angered... and so would everyone else.

The government have the right to hold back to prevent panic (as much as I hate it), but a democratic governemtn don't have the right to act without the support of the majority of their country behind them.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thank you for the welcome JackofBlades, that is probably one of the worse case scenarios you mentioned, but even then I would still want to know rather than waking up to the glassing of the planet, or however we would be obliterated. However I don't believe we would have hostile relations with them by choice, as it is just suicide. I don't think the ET's would initiate hostile relations either, we wouldnt go to the Amazon rain forest just to squish some bugs, certainly is far out of our way, as we are probably for them. But of course, we have to explore every possibility.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have come to the point that I really don't care if the government comes clean, or ever does. I believe in these beings and I don't need the government to fullfill my belief. If you consider the evidence that aliens have been on this planet since the Egyptian pyramids were built (and probably before then), when has any established government EVER come out to say these exist?

Yes I would like to know more, but if the government doesn't have all available information about these creatures, why whould they ever go public? Imagine coming out and saying that they do exist and that they have evidence, but they don't really know what their intentions are. Can you imagine the panic and hystaria in our society? This is only one senerio, and who really knows what they truly know.

But if you beleive what Betty Andreasson Luca reported in "The Andreasson Affair", that they stated to her that man is not ready, and in time, the truth will be revealed, and that those who believe will understand.

I truly believe thes 'beings' will simply not allow the government to disclose all the info that they have. I believe there is a process that they have established to slowly show themselves to us. It is up to them, the aliens to reveal informaiton to us, not the government.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Strangevision,

We've definitely proven that we'll squash a bug in the rain forest if there's a resource there that we want. We're not actually hostile to the bug, we just don't care.

The point is that its entirely possible that they would not consider us to be sentient beings, either, and if there's something here they want, well, you get the idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I guess you have a point, we squash stuff everyday, or atleast steal their homes, trees we cut down is an example, we dont kill these things on purpose, but its a side affect of taking something we need. I wonder what we could have that would be so valuable to ET's that are so advanced.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

However I don't believe we would have hostile relations with them by choice, as it is just suicide.

Well considering that George Bush is probably going to be the one who is relating with them... I wouldn't put it past him.

I don't think the ET's would initiate hostile relations either, we wouldnt go to the Amazon rain forest just to squish some bugs, certainly is far out of our way, as we are probably for them. But of course, we have to explore every possibility.

No, but we go there to down trees, extract plant matter and obliterate wildlife. Why?
RESOURCES!
An advanced civilisation would see us the way major corporations see the natives of the Amazon. Sure they don't want to hurt them in any way, but if gaining a major profit means making a few 'savages' homeless, so be it.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Bah - a sufficiently sophisticated civilization would have overcome their resource problem long ago.

Heck we almost can with present tech now in our small solar system.

The only unique resource the Earth has would be life - the rarest of which is sentient "self aware" life.

Realistically Humans are the most rare and valuable resource a more technologically advanced civilization would be interested in.

And it's not even our genes that are rare - those can be synthesized in a lab - it's our unique origins.

(much like how a mined diamond is considered much more precious than flawless but artificially created one)

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Life is indeed a common resource - but not neccessarily for its genetics. Alien races could be interested in enslaving us.

Although its likely they would be able to create artificial workers or otherwise sustain a workforce, they may be tyrannical megalomaniacs who enslave simply because they can.

Plus we don't know what other planets may be deficient in. Suppose they evolved on a gas giant, their natural home would be missing millions of elements which only occur on solid worlds. Or their star could emit a type of radiation which prevents something forming.

you never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join