It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is in Fort Knox besides gold?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
funny you posted this thread.... there's an old one around that I started and I've just posed this question in a couple or John Lears threads...

Here is a list of things I think might be in Ft Knox - besides Gold.

1. Alien Bodies - probably those from 1947
2. Craft or debris from teh 1947 crash
3. Possible entrance to "network" of underground "bases"
4. the real "Stargate" if it does exist.
5. Other top secrets that our government does not want found out.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was kind of interested in that SAM's on the roof bit. I suppose after 9/11 they could have added a few (two) Avenger instillations (those don't take up much space) on the building. Guidance/data could be fed via data-link/hard link from nearby Fort Knox. Perhaps that's why they don't allow aerial shots, for fear of shooting down civilian choppers!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And, sorry, but the US dollar IS NOT backed by gold. It's a fiat currency. Learn economics.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareapple
The US dollar is backed by gold.

I'm not sure if you were serious with this comment. If not, then you're mistaken if you believe this is true. The US is now using a fiat system of money. The dollar is nothing more than a promissory note by the Fed. There were dollars that were once backed by gold, known as the "gold note" but it;s no longer printed. The dollar is not backed by any gold, only a promise that it's worth something.

The reason why the dollar is devalued is because there are less physical dollars in circulation than there is money. When a bank makes interest on money, the interest is made before the dollar is even printed, and at the rate banks have loaned money for the past 80 years, the ratio of dollar bills to money is very large.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Once again I am siding with Vitchilo, when was the last time you seen a 1964 or before quarter or dime. You remember those silver and gold certificates that are all now null and void. The government no longer honors them and has pretty much eradicated them from circulation. I went to a bank and asked for a dollars worth of silver for one once the teller laughed at me and said "why don't you hang on to that bill and it will be worth some money later on because the government doesn't honor that promisarry note anymore". The main reason they made silver and gold certificates is to keep the public calm when they had to trade in all the gold and silver they had for them by law. And what a deal they got, in 1975 we were able to hold gold again as citizens.... to bad those certificates weren't accepted to get their gold back. Yea it's backed by gold my arse.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i wonder if they hold thermo bombs and maybe even vx nerve gas, also they could even be holding napalm as the government didnt sign the un document against naplm in 1980, but could the government really have 28 rooms full of gold?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i just saw a preview of the show, but a hundred tanks, 10k men, all this security for 150bil? look at all these air shows and stuff were you can climb ontop of a 5mil m1a1 tank.... or see 6 or whatever blue angel/thunderbirds at like 20mil a piece... seems a bit fishy

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
i just saw a preview of the show, but a hundred tanks, 10k men, all this security for 150bil? look at all these air shows and stuff were you can climb ontop of a 5mil m1a1 tank.... or see 6 or whatever blue angel/thunderbirds at like 20mil a piece... seems a bit fishy

No it doesn't... 150 billion dollars is a lot of money in one place physically. Where is the last place you know that (physically) 150 billion dollars sits on top of?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Fort Knox's primary concern is not to defend the Bullion Depository. The depository was placed where it is due to several reason one of them being that a large army base a few miles away is a great deterrent. Is it a practical defense? Probably not.

Anyway, this building holds most of the US' gold, and it is worth quite a bit of money, hence why this level of security is present.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
if gold doesnt back the dollar as already has been explained, then what is the purpose of holding onto so much gold? Like i posted earlier wouldnt there be more valuable items, memorabila, secrets you dont want the public to know, ect... that could be housed here? In the grand scheme of things valuable to a nation, i dont know if gold is still king like it used to be(i could very well be wrong).

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ummm ... the Ft. Knox Gold Vault exteriors for 'GOLDFINGER" were shot at the Vault itself, although the film-makers were not allowed inside and were under a little bit of guarding.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think you might find the link below answers some of your questions

In addition to gold bullion, the Mint has stored valuable items for other government agencies. The Magna Carta was once stored there. The crown, sword, scepter, orb, and cape of St. Stephen, King of Hungary also were stored at the Depository, before being returned to the government of Hungary in 1978

www.40tnfun.us...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm aware of those items, i just have a feeling if someone was to have full access to the vaults i bet he or she would be shocked at what they found...

"not all that glitters is gold"

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Anyone see an episode of the west wing where a lobbysit from a UFO-truth organization stated he thought the US was hiding recovered alien spacecraft in Fort Knox? When staff started jokingly asking around about, they were told "not to poke around".

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
I'm aware of those items, i just have a feeling if someone was to have full access to the vaults i bet he or she would be shocked at what they found...

"not all that glitters is gold"

Are you confusing Fort Knox with the Khafre??

Edit: Bad Typo

[edit on 30-1-2007 by SmokeyJo]

[edit on 30-1-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareapple

There is at least a large portion of US gold reserve at Fort Knox. It would be illogical (nice pattern to follow with the current US government though..) to not use the most secure site for such an operation. The security is so tight that there has only been one tour ever in the history of the depository.

According to locals, trees have been destroyed around the reserve with new barriers being constructed around previous fences. Most likely, fences aren't the only security hardware being upgraded. With current satelite photographs being blurred, it's obvious the depository is still active. Not to mention it's stationed next to a mechanized unit of the army. Would anyone actually try to break in against these odds?

The problem isnt getting into fort knox, any idiot with enough firepower could do that. The problem is getting out with the gold, and once your out what and where would you go? how would you get rid of the gold?

I don't know if there is anything in fort knox besides gold. Perhaps they keep all the UFO stuff there too. Wouldent suprise me. Where else would you keep something that is unique?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And, sorry, but the US dollar IS NOT backed by gold. It's a fiat currency. Learn economics.

Okay... so then I must point out that you should learn some manners...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The problem isnt getting into fort knox, any idiot with enough firepower could do that.

I don't think anyone could get in... I don't care how much fire power they have... did you miss the post above...

10k troops, and tanks not to mention security measures that are secret.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Okay... so then I must point out that you should learn some manners...

a typicical response , shoot the chuffing messanger - and complai that he was " rude "

grow up - and get over it , the abandonment of the gold standard is hardly " breaking news " nor has the news been suppressed or ignored

it should be common knowledge .

if people are going to commment on threads , it helps EVERYONE if they demonstrate some understanding of the basics

we are not experts on every topic ,

and questions are fine :

asking " is america still on the gold standard ? " while clueless , would get a polite response

but when you state as fact such erroneous info as " america still backs its currrency with gold "

you should expect flak , get over it

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
what if nothing is at Fort Knox, it's purpose being to fool the people into focusing thier attention on ft. knox, when the real goods are in place whose name is never published.

everyone and thier mother thinks something really important is at Ft. Knox, which is exactly why I wouldn't keep anything of great value there.

There is gold at Fort Knox, no doubt about it. In the 1970's I think, The vault containing a huge wall of gold was shown on television and several civilians witnessed it.

Im sure the gold is safe, the only way anyone is getting in that vault is to drop a bunker buster right on top of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join