It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good energy/bad energy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have recently taken interest into this subject of energy and how there are some that can make you feel sick and others that can make you feel well and positive.I have also further read on the subject asto how some energy that you need to survive through the can can be stolen and how we all take energy from eachother from some point of day.

Im sure many of you have probably heard of this before.After my friend had explained this whole theory to me I took an interest real fast (im real interested in things beyond general discussion).One of the facts why I began to find a great interest in this subject is the fact that I do feel as though my energy is being drained as to whether im near to a negative person,or a person with history,or when i walk into a room or building and something doesnt feel right.

One example is the people I had come across when i was young.One numerous occasions,be at that iv never met this person before,or their family friends or the fact that i was invited to this BBQ I always would always feel negative,as if my energy has been drained and id feel drowsy,light headed.I would come to some of these events or people with full energy and feeling great and yet standing next to some I would feel signifcant threat and I would feel asthough i was getting sick.

I have come to various conclusions although they have not satisfied me to leave this subject alone.I can think of a large number of people as to who i have met that id feel real negative enrgy to and a week later id prove my feelings right when this person turned out to be somebody of dark nature and that i was right to stand my distance.

I know this good energy/bad energy knowledge is been around for milleniums but it doesnt seem to be discussed much (atleast where iv been).I know that EVERYBODY can feel things like this asthought its osme kind of warning device in our bodies that is as natural to us as our sense of smell and taste.If anybody can shed some light on this topic atleast now I could have some rest knowing im not the only one with this belief (maby theres much more to this?).

SG.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Personality types in psychology explain as well as anything else most of what you are talking about. Introvert vs. Extrovert. Have you read on this any? I know it's not a enlightening mystical theory on why this happens, but I think you should know about this as you explore the possibilities, so you can discern when it is in fact a matter of I vs. E.

If you are an introvert like me, and you get around loud people who have a lot of energy, like you talk about, and you are tired, you will usually not feel good. And like you say, they seem to be very happy and positive, they are even rubbing off on others (you can practically see this happen), but not rubbing off on you! This sounds exactly like an I vs. E scenario.

The main reason I believe this is because in my experience, people that make me feel the way you described... they have positive energy, they rub off on otheres, their positive attitude is contagious, but they don't always make me feel good. This is personality clashing, not that they are negative.

There is only so long an introvert can continue to be affected by this energy from outside, no matter what it is, until enough is enough. Eventually, any energy of any kind is unwelcome, the Introvert needs to just listen to his own energy a while and regroup (for lack of a better word) or something.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oil energy bad, ok.

Its cave man stuff.

Before 1900 atomic energy was founded and afterwards
some important facts were never given full impact statements
and never told to people like you and me.

I did nod off in physics class but I do recall some facts which
even in undergrad work the idea that anything was stead and fast
was never the rule.

E=mc squared is conflicted by no mass loss as energy is used to
emit alpha bata gama and x rays that need lots of energy to develop
but no mass loss to show for it. Where does the energy come from,
not the mass.

Only one example.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Personality types in psychology explain as well as anything else most of what you are talking about. Introvert vs. Extrovert. Have you read on this any? I know it's not a enlightening mystical theory on why this happens, but I think you should know about this as you explore the possibilities, so you can discern when it is in fact a matter of I vs. E.

If you are an introvert like me, and you get around loud people who have a lot of energy, like you talk about, and you are tired, you will usually not feel good. And like you say, they seem to be very happy and positive, they are even rubbing off on others (you can practically see this happen), but not rubbing off on you! This sounds exactly like an I vs. E scenario.

The main reason I believe this is because in my experience, people that make me feel the way you described... they have positive energy, they rub off on otheres, their positive attitude is contagious, but they don't always make me feel good. This is personality clashing, not that they are negative.

There is only so long an introvert can continue to be affected by this energy from outside, no matter what it is, until enough is enough. Eventually, any energy of any kind is unwelcome, the Introvert needs to just listen to his own energy a while and regroup (for lack of a better word) or something.

hey I welcome any opinions that might be able to answer this whether it may be mystical or not,You probably have a point,i am somewhat introverted.But my reaction has always been around people who have a bad history.Never people of mostly a positive light if you understand.

Nvertheless that was one of the conclusions you had mentioned that i made.It might justb be that simple of an answer to this issue of mine.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
southern_Guardian,

I have similar experiences around people, objects, and places. I have been highly sensitive since I was a kid, but the feelings increased significantly over the past year. Some people give me a negative vibe/energy even if I'm in a great mood, regardless of their "excited" activity or not. I don't think this has anything to with it because I get bad energy from introverted people as well. Our skin has infra-red sensors in the epidermis, why not the ability to sense auras as well?

My friend, do not be afraid of your gift. Use it wisely as it may come in handy some day...

biggie smalls

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is definetly more than I vs. E. But to say as if psychology has nothing to do with it, kinda extreme.

Psychology at it's best can't explain this, granted, but it begins to.

You said, "I don't think this has anything to with it because I get bad energy from introverted people as well"

I said this, "Eventually, any energy of any kind is unwelcome." Any energy (that is from either an I or E, S, P, Q, W, I, A.. 123 anything). If the introvert has reached that point, it doesn't matter who it is, the energy is unwanted and thus comes across negatively.

But I'm with you, I think there is more to it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There are people who survive off negative vibes and through evolution some people can sense them before they manifest themselves.

You know who they are. The people who start arguments for the sake of nothing and others who drain your energy with negative comments or depression. We've all worked with people like that. To counter them, simply dont respond. They will exhaust their own energy and leave on their own accord.

Everyone has an aura. I saw something on the History Channel about "Vampires" that dont drink blood, but drain aura's. There are underground clubs that promote them. So I guess overall, Good People do bring good vibes and give off good energy. And of course with the Yeng comes the Yang. My former bass was a dark cloud. The day could be fine until she walks through the door and immediately all the energy in the room would be sucked up.

Its not healthy. If youre in that kind of environment you need to separate yourself from that negativity. I use to come home every day exhausted with migraines. I'd sleep for nearly 16 hours get up and repeat the process until a Vietnamese friend of mine told me about chakras and energy release.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Much more to energy than people in the west want to admit. If people can't prove something or refer to a book then it doesn't exist or have merit, BS.

People need to listen to that gut feeling.

How many times has it been wrong? Don't need to answer me, only yourself.

You see we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

If you want to experience energy and really feel it, then take a Tai Chi class, guarantee if you focus you will experience energy first hand and feel it with your hands.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yea well because my gut feeling has never been wrong,its made me question "whats really happening here??".Whether this turns out to be something thats jus me mentally,or something else,Its still interesting how accurate iv been.The funny thing is my mothers the same way,and i can tell you i have met people who experience the same feelsing,although they refuse to talk about this,or research on this subject feeling "its simply all in the head".

I agree we should imbrace something like this,I most definatly will.I mean this whole energy has saved me from situations with people where i could of been hurt,heart broken,or put into a situation of conflict i never intended..

Lately i have spoken with a friend who is very spiritual.he advised me to use a crystal and he gave me one.Thus far it has not worked ,but ill probably keep it abit longer,it wont hurt.Im not afriad to cross the boundaries of western belief to search of answers.Im open to all.I believe that this stuff of energy,auras,energy draining need to be researched further.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yea well because my gut feeling has never been wrong,its made me question "whats really happening here??".Whether this turns out to be something thats jus me mentally,or something else,Its still interesting how accurate iv been.The funny thing is my mothers the same way,and i can tell you i have met people who experience the same feelsing,although they refuse to talk about this,or research on this subject feeling "its simply all in the head".

I agree we should imbrace something like this,I most definatly will.I mean this whole energy has saved me from situations with people where i could of been hurt,heart broken,or put into a situation of conflict i never intended..

Lately i have spoken with a friend who is very spiritual.he advised me to use a crystal and he gave me one.Thus far it has not worked ,but ill probably keep it abit longer,it wont hurt.Im not afriad to cross the boundaries of western belief to search of answers.Im open to all.I believe that this stuff of energy,auras,energy draining need to be researched further.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Low on the carbos, daily vitamins and Omega oils keep me going on
the net.

There is never any bad energy, even oil is good but its the way
we handle it is bad sometimes.

Bad ideas or false ideas can give you bad energy perhaps.

Then good ideas or facts can give you good energy.

Mind twisting and boggling untruths are sure to leave a bad energy.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I definitely believe in good and bad energy, but I think that negative energy can be consciously transmuted into either neutral or good energy.

I can say that I'm very sensitive to energies, and I get a good sense about a person from the time I meet them. I don't treat them any differently, but I can tell whether they're someone I can sort of trust or not. I can tell if they tell the truth or if they like to twist the truth for attention. I can tell whether what they say is valid or not.

On top of that, I can sense whether they are a more positive person, or a more negative person. As in, their outlook. If they're more negative, then I'll kind of feel what they seem to feel - whether it's sadness, anger, whatever. If positive, then I can tell if they're kind, friendly, sensitive, or whatever.

It's just something I've always been able to do. I try not to outwardly treat anyone differently, but if I get the feeling that they're just saying things to get a reaction, then I do try not to give them a reaction.

Basically... I believe myself to be an empath. I can feel what they're feeling, emotionally. And from past experience, I can say that I've felt, bad, good and neutral energies coming from people.

If I'm around a bunch of different people with different feelings, then I get exasperated and cranky, and want to get out of there.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What do you think about Tesla who never shook anyones hand.

He came from a country near Transylvania, maybe that had something to do
with his behavior.

He thought he would loose energy.

I got relatives that want to shake hands and hug all the time.

Tesla could have shared some energy and perhaps he would not have
been publicly denounced as a mad scientist.

Imagine if electricity could fly around, what a kook.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

your absolutely right,listen your feelings dont lie, i for one also have experienced that same draining negative experiences from some people you just have to stay away from anyone that drains you like that.but no your not alone on this just follow your heart and internal instinct

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yup, I think this can all be summed up using psychology here, although I'm pretty sure there is energy going about there... not sure if it can defined as good and bad, mind you. Not everything's so black and white!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
What do you think about Tesla who never shook anyones hand.

He knew the truth. Evil energy can be dispelled into others if one knows how and good energy may be stolen in the same manner. Its tricky stuff that can snuff the life from the one attempting it and should always be avoided.

Tesla was a wise man. Must have read the bible a bit to know this.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Very interesting in the case of Tesla, I think it depends on which side of the belief system you're on.

Some would think he was indeed a man who knew the truth.

Some would think he was an introversial psychopath.

The actual reason of him not shaking hands could have really been one of two things.

Sorry if it's already been stated why he didn't shake hands.

These are two reasons I can think of, depending of which way inclined you are.

1. People can take the energy from you.

2. He was trying to avoid something called "Pattern Break." A method of psychology used to break peoples hardwired patterns, (Eg. shaking hands,) and then using the ensuing subconscious confusion do basically do anything they like to any given person. Classically used from shaking someone's hand.

Just a thought or three.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
People who are "victims" in life attract negative energy. I was married to one... he would suck the energy out of hte room...

Burning sage helps... test this out.. when you feel negative energy burn some sage. The Native American Indians believed in this.

One time my dad was at my home and he had a bad headache.. and my ex-husband stopped by.... after he left I grabbed the sage and burned some.. while my parents made fun of me.... then within seconds my dad's headache went away.. He couldn't believe it because it always takes medicine to get rid of! -- They stopped making fun of me!!

Another time.. I was "cleaning" the house (that's what they call it) and I felt like I was being watched in one of hte bedrooms (we have had many encounters with paranormal activity.. this is a new house too!) and it felt not good.... I quickly went into the room with the sage and got rid of it... it felt evil... very weird.

Bright spirits or those with positive energies will attract those with negative...they need it like a vampire to blood.... It's sad because it seems like their sole purpose is to drain you of it... but, they really don't know they are doing it.

I believe a lot of abused people have negative energies around them. It takes a bright spirit to shake off the negative that abuse causes!

Trust your gut with people.... I got bad feelings from a man who had a gun in his pocket.. I got away! I get creepy feelings from some who have an interest in my child. ... That is the gift of fear! Never take that away from your child.... my child has cowered down to one particular person in my ex-husband's side whome I suspect has molested his kids when they were young. Funny how kids can pick up on that stuff. .. I never make my son give him a hug.... he doesn't feel comfortable doing it. ... everyone else .. is fine!It's just him.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I should add.. that people that want to do harm.. look for weak people... people with negative energies... not someone who is upbeat and confident.. usually!!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Judaz_Escariot

I saw my first auro coloring!! I couldn't believe it.. it jumped out at me.. I think because I was very relaxed and let my eyes blurr .. because the person who was talking to me was boring!!

AND I was in walmart when I was tired.. and my eyes relaxed and blurred while I was waiting for soemthing... I noticed the flourescent lights had a pulse of energy running through it... it was wierd!! I then focused on the lights and it went away.. I tried it again by relaxing my eyes and I could see the pulse again!

It's like those pictures with a hidden picture inside.. you have to lose focus to see it... you can practice in a mirror by focusing far and close... and letting your eyes relax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join