It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good energy/bad energy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you're interested, read The Celestine Prophecy. I think there's two books to the series, but the ideas present are better than the story (I think).

Anyhow, I can faintly recall there being a scene where the author explains the energy transferred in an abusive family -- the father steals the energy from the mother, the mother steals it from the daughter, and on down the line. They see it as abuse, being angry, etc. etc., but the narrator sees the energies that are being transferred in the process.
Not necessarily a "chicken or the egg" thing, but another, or perhaps deeper, understanding of what's being exchanged...

I've yet to meet a person who's given me outright bad energy... just people that have feel "not right". Not necessarily bad, but there's something about them that steers me clear of anything beyond cursory conversation.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are saying, and I agree with you 100%. It has happened to me one too many times.

I go to a high end gym for my workouts. I met a gentlemen years back. He is younger than me and far better looking. I have felt all of what you have said. One time I talked to him for a bit. Immediately after we taked, the lights to the gym turn off. I head to the locker room and I start feeling ill and upset to my stomach. I puke my guts out and I feel so light headed for a good while. The second time as I was eating, just by him passing close by me, I start feeling ill and again, the same process as before. I have gathered that this person has a very dark side and is having issues with his orientation. I have had to put distance from him.

He has always seen me at the gym and has followed me around in the past. I see him at the gym all the time. The other day, I just said hi to show that I mean no harm.

It's very scary.

BMR

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hold your locks. The perennial area. It will lock the energy inside you and make sure it doesn't escape you. We use this lock all the time in Ashtanga. I've tried it loads of times, works very nicely for me (atleast) (i feel), besides it's a great practice for concentration that will help you in many cases, not the least school-concentration and not the least spiritual paths. In Ashtanga yoga we contract the perennial area for the entire duration of the yoga class session.

I've always been sensitive to the degree of over-sensitivity, but have somehow managed to cover it all up. To no avail ofcourse, unprocessed feelings etc. clutter up inside and will naturally make you feel miserable a lot of the time, like going around carrying trash. Better to expose oneself regardless of the stakes and stop pestering yourself.

Try it out, if you can't do it, read about the keigel-technique, it's the same deal, and a nice approach in discovering the core power, it's potential and interesting effect on your nervous system. But talk is talk, practice is practice, and that's the important part.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Eldnord]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I know exactly what you are saying, and I agree with you 100%. It has happened to me one too many times.

I go to a high end gym for my workouts. I met a gentlemen years back. He is younger than me and far better looking. I have felt all of what you have said. One time I talked to him for a bit. Immediately after we taked, the lights to the gym turn off. I head to the locker room and I start feeling ill and upset to my stomach. I puke my guts out and I feel so light headed for a good while. The second time as I was eating, just by him passing close by me, I start feeling ill and again, the same process as before. I have gathered that this person has a very dark side and is having issues with his orientation. I have had to put distance from him.

He has always seen me at the gym and has followed me around in the past. I see him at the gym all the time. The other day, I just said hi to show that I mean no harm.

It's very scary.

BMR

I actually have had the same experience as you had regarding that gentleman. (Sorta.) There can be several reasons you feel depleted by someone. One of the reasons could be that you (not that I'm saying it's true in your case), if you somehow are jealous of a person, it can be because of many reasons, either it's a person's whole appearance, for ex. if a persons appearance in itself is overwhelming in terms of energy/aura/fitness.

It can feel as if that person who depletes you is very open and sort of expects you (in a certain way) to have the same openness back and you are really a shy person or being more enclosed, (note, that he, being open, is secure about his own openness and is confident in his own feelings, or he would close himself a bit up to make sure he doesn't get harmed, but he's confident in his emotions and himself so he's certain it's nothing wrong with him and he gives you a strange, humoured look). Specifically if there is an "extreme" gap between the two of you; he is very open in his way of being and you are very enclosed, he might be able to immediately see your 'weak spots' and make you feel interrogated in a most perverse manner. (If he is relentlessly vicious, he has the potential to drain you completely.)

Another reason could be he's a vital/healthy/fit/radiant little jock-head with a goonish attitude towards people who are less vital/healthy/fit/radiant and he has this tendency to pick and target those.

But let me tell you, I met a yoga-teacher a year back or so with a rather massive ego. Because I'm an introverted shy guy (in social relations at least) and she an extroverted confident and open person she quickly found her way to interrogate me completely and made me feel trapped, hopeless, I could barely breathe and I just wanted to fall over and go into coma. And then afterwards when I gathered myself I realised that she's a shallow person with actually low self-esteem who need to put up a certain fixed façade so she could get other people to idolise her, she needed a vast amount of self-gratification to tend to her twisted self-image. And she probably doesn't even know that she's a massive energy vampire because by the look of it, she's probably been that way for so long she's not even aware of it, she thinks it's a right thing to assume that life is all about being the best. But I can't really blame her since she was a bit younger than me and probably too young to understand that if you want to be perceived as someone stamped with; 'i-love-yoga, zen-is-my-mind' all over your head with beads and all that poser # like a spiritual freebooter you should atleast be aware that ahimsa (non-violence) concerns other people too, not just yourself. There is a certain twisted thing these people who are super-kind to themselves and at the same time utterly evil to others at the other end of the table at same time, and enjoying watching other mindful people suffer from their shallowness, all this at the same time.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Eldnord]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

could anybody here tell me what a person with alot of bad energy coming from them, be like and yet they're really good to you? and also does anybody here think that bad energy and good energy can be controlled for own health? thanks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join