It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US President Orders Military To Begin Jailing All Civilian Protestors To War

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
G'day all,

We all knew that there was a chance of this hapenning, with all the websites and reporters stating that the US is heading towards becoming a police state, with some people agreeing but many out there still being ignorant to the facts.

Let me ask you all out there, what is freedom? What is one of the most important things in a democratic society?

Is it not the right to free speech?

Does the Statue of Liberty not represent freedom and Liberty for the American people?

Then may I present the following article to you which as it states is currently developing -

Titled -
"Jan 18th 2007, US President Orders Military To Begin Jailing All Civilian Protestors To War"

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

In yet another shocking prelude towards becoming a Total Police State, Russian Intelligence Analysts are reporting today that the American War Leaders have issued orders to the United States Military Northern Command authorizing the jailing, and military tribunals, for any American citizen critical of the ‘war effort’.

Furthering the complete destruction of the rights of the American people to ‘due process’ and ‘fair trials’, the American War Leaders have passed a new law subjecting their citizens to Military, instead of Civilian trials.

Mate, this is THE END of the constitutiton as you Yanks know it - to be subjected to this is totaly unnacceptable, your ability to free speech and protest has been removed, and not only that but you shall not be infront of a civilian judge anymore, but a military one, and you are at risk of being labelled a terrorist, and not being seen again.

Those concentration camps many have spoken off, I gurantee you will be coming on line very soon.

Your dear Statue of Liberty has just been violently raped by George Bush and shee is bleeding in pain. If I were the French, I'd take here back home for as the USA stands today, they are undeserving of it.

I honestly do not think that God can bless America anymore

[edit on 28/1/07 by Melbourne_Militia]

[edit on 28/1/07 by Melbourne_Militia]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This move by the Bush administration must mean that war with Iran is very near for they would not make such a move as this unless they were prepared to strike very soon. They know how unpopular the Iraq war is and another war with Iran would be unacceptable to the American republic.

Bush has just signed you all up to the official Bush dictatorship, which includes martial law very soon, your rights removed and you asses wiped with the constitution, you shall be holidaying in government run concentration camps for expressing free speech which you were brought up with, and last but not least.......the next electiions shall be suspended.

And you call this the American Dream ???????

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sorry guys but this so called news article is rubbish.

Roper

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
HOAX. The source is highly questionable as it claims that the Russian intelligence has determined that the US govt. is doing this. In fact, there is no such executive order. We still have the freedom to express our discontent as evidenced in the large anti war protest in Washington DC the other day. Congress is also taking a very anti war stance in signing a resolution against the troop buildup. The President does not have the authority to jail all civilian anti war protesters. This thread is a Hoax as there is no truth to the title. If you wished to discuss the current political differences between the citizens of the US and the President, then there are better ways to go about it. Deliberately creating a thread with a HOAX for a title is wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I did not create this thread as a hoax, only in good faith as I came across it via the Out There TV .com website which I beleive to be a reputable source and would not link hoax articles.

If it is incorrect i apoligise, thou I do not beleive it to be for if I did, I would not have posted it in the first place and ruin my ATS reputation.

I thought it of importance to post it here and notify members. If there is an issue with it, the moderators are more than welcome to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oh what the...

I don't know about this, I seriously doubt that this is true. Most of the quotes were taken well out of context.

If you were to jail all the people that are critical of the war and start up these camps you would have most of the american people in them.
I seriously think that the American people would resist such a push by this government to become a police state. Anarchy would insue, remember these are people that will riot when a local sports team WINS a championship.

I have seen pictures of these camps, not realy that hard to get through chain link, also people that are jailed illegaly will resist everything. The spirit of this country is still alive and as long as there is at least a little of that spirit left, they will resist.

I talk with a wide rainge of people here in florida, I have come to the conclusion that the wealthy and those that are middle income are oblivious to what the government is doing. But down here those without and those that struggle everyday, know that things are wrong and are becoming angrier by the day.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If you noticed, at the end of the article, this little gem

The United States government actively seeks to find, and silence, any and all opinions about the United States except those coming from authorized government and/or affiliated sources, of which we are not one.

This is blatantly false. News media all across the globe, frequently make reports critical of the Bush Administration. American news outlets also are often highly critical of the Bush Administration. The Us Constitution guarantees the freedom of the press AND freedom of speech. While some material may be deemed "Sensitive" or a matter of national security, and not released to the general public, there is nothing to silence the media if they wish to be critical of the government. That would be China, Russia, North Korea, etc.

Anyone who read that article would have immediately known that it was false and thus a Hoax. Consider, that if it was indeed true that the US govt. was about to jail millions who oppose the war, would there not be reports from all over, particularly major media outlets? That this came from a mostly unknown source only points to its lack of credibility.

It is a Hoax pure and simple. I expect better from ATS members than to spout nonsence without any reasonable checking of the facts.

Feel free to protest the war in Iraq as many around the globe do. Bush can do nothing about it.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Russian disinformation agents forgot that we have a real free press.

This is a HOAX. A poor hoax at that.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I point you to this Washington Post article which proves that yes indeed Americans are free to express their discontent with the Bush Administrations war policy: Thousands protest War policy
From the Article:

Under a blue sky with a pale midday moon, tens of thousands of people angry about the war and other policies of the Bush administration danced, sang, shouted and chanted their opposition.
This happened just this weekend in front of the Whitehouse. Civilians, members of the military, prominent politicians, and civil leaders all took part. No one was silenced.

This demonstrates that not only do the people have freedom of expression, but that also the press have the freedom to report it. Any reasonable checking could have confirmed this. Latching onto a bogus article from a phony "news" outlet, and then posting it as the truth is no less than forwarding a Hoax. In the future you should always confirm such radical "news" and not create threads with false statements in the title.

There is no room on ATS for Hoaxes.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You all say this is a hoax?

Isn't this the website that constantly tells us that the news media only tells us what THEY want us to know and that we should never trust what the news media tells us?

I'm getting confused now .

[edit on 28-1-2007 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Forget the news media and look at the facts. This weekend tens of thousands did indeed protest in Washington. What more proof do you need?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The author of this article is a Russian woman named Sorcha Faal. I've done some research on her awhile back and read a number of her articles. She prints outright lies in order to sensationalize her stories. She claims she's a psychic, but never gets any predictions right. IMHO, she should be jailed for printing such rubbish and spreading such disinformation.

Melbourne Militia, I know you care very much about what is happening here in the U.S. and I appreciate your efforts to keep us informed. Just know that anything that comes out of Russia is suspect, they do print alot of disinformation and outright lies, especially this fraudulent "journalist".

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Mate, this is THE END of the constitutiton as you Yanks know it - to be subjected to this is totaly unnacceptable, your ability to free speech and protest has been removed, and not only that but you shall not be infront of a civilian judge anymore, but a military one, and you are at risk of being labelled a terrorist, and not being seen again.

Seriously…do you honestly believe any what you have written?…

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Your dear Statue of Liberty has just been violently raped by George Bush and shee is bleeding in pain. If I were the French, I'd take here back home for as the USA stands today, they are undeserving of it.

Long, long before one tells us “Yanks” as to what we are subjected and what is/is not acceptable for us, questioning the report/writer (Sorcha Faal , there is plenty more) would at least be one wise initial step…especially before blindly posting and then all too eagerly jumping on the parade float.

mg

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Actually even if the article is not truth and pure propaganda, we have the patriot act that is so open to interpretations and Bush on the side signing new regulations to add to the patriot act that . . . it can be use to stop any protest against the government and the war in Iraq under the bases that it underminds and questions the president authority and it can be a threat to national security and the war on terror.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually even if the article is not truth and pure propaganda, we have the patriot act that is so open to interpretations and Bush on the side signing new regulations to add to the patriot act that . . . it can be use to stop any protest against the government and the war in Iraq under the bases that it underminds and questions the president authority and it can be a threat to national security and the war on terror.

Marg the patriot Act does not=taking away all our rights. Many Acts through history have "limited" our rights, without really affecting us. The Alien and Sedition Acts were worse and we weren't plunged into a New World Order Police State or anything. Have you been affected by the Patriot Act recently? If so...how?

We can still protest against the government and have free speech, Melbourne, please check your sources next time.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have a number of criticisms with this story.

1. Consider the source. The Russians have an interest in undercutting America superiority by spreading unsubstantiated rumors.
  2. Where is the outcry? If this were legitimate, the ACLU wouldn't have stopped talking about it.
  3. The statements made by Gonzales imply that he is an idiot. They are hardly evidence of an order of this kind.
  4. Where are the people who have been taken? There must be one family out there, if this law is being enforced, whose loved one went to a protest and didn't come back.
  5. “If President Bush feels that he is not constrained by either the elected representatives of the American people, or the American people themselves, we must then consider that he, and his Administration, have become powers unto themselves and that the United States should therefore be considered a dictatorship, not a democracy.” First, this statement was made by a state analyst, and must be looked at through that lens. Second, Russia is not in any position to be telling other countries that they are embracing non-democratic policies. Third, where is the objective proof of this? Whereas Bush has pushed the limits on executive power, perhaps to an unhealthy extreme, nothing has been done by him to allow him to have a third term or to stop the election in 2008.
  6. If this law has been sneaked into a spending bill, where is the bill? None of the documentation cites it.
  7. "As outrage continues to build within the United States against the expansion of the war in Iraq, and the planned US attack upon Iran, the spokesman for the American War Leader has stated in response to a US Congressional move to block further war making...." Two problems here. First, "The American War Leader" is a subjective statement based on political ideology and not on any legitimate title given to the POTUS. This is a sign of biased and poor reporting. Second, the resolution passed by Congress was not a law. A resolution is a statement of opinion made by congress. In practice, it is worth no more than the paper it is printed on. Congress is free to stop the funding of the troops by passing a law, but they are too political to do so. That is the real travesty here: that people are ceding to political concerns and not doing what they believe is right.
  8. "To the American people themselves, they remain in abject denial of the dark Fascist forces descending around them; but soon, and much sooner than they could believe, and with their families and neighbors disappearing into the vast American Gulag, what they once believed in as the American Dream, will soon be shown for what it really is, an American Nightmare." If this were true, why is everyone proceeding as if there will be an election in 2008? Wouldn't any subversive force prevent those elections? And if so, why didn't they do it in 2003 or 2004 before their support waned so much? Why didn't they take control after 9/11 when people were at their most malleable? As an American who often personally holds unpopular opinions, I have never been subjected to any censorship. There is a very high burden of proof to show that freedoms are being eroded, especially when the source lacks such credibility.

My conclusion is that this is at best sloppy reporting based on rumor and hearsay, and at worst propaganda. It is all well and good to be vigilant about what the government is doing, but statements like these muddle the waters, create resentment, and make vigilance impossible.

[edit on 1/28/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
The author of this article is a Russian woman named Sorcha Faal. I've done some research on her awhile back and read a number of her articles. She prints outright lies in order to sensationalize her stories. She claims she's a psychic, but never gets any predictions right. IMHO, she should be jailed for printing such rubbish and spreading such disinformation.

Shes such a wacko. I wonder how she has the nuts to actually write this sort of tripe. I don't even understand how they continue to publish her articles since she has never been right at all. I would have to say then that this is being done purposefully then since a normal journalist would be fired for submitting garbage all the time.

Besides that, we just had a protest not even a day ago and if anything was going to happen we would have heard about it by now. That should be proof enough.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Marg the patriot Act does not=taking away all our rights. Many Acts through history have "limited" our rights, without really affecting us.

No, no directly unless you get charge under and that is happening a lot in many around, Retinoid you have many of the stories of abuse here in ATS.

But remember it only takes to be charged under it and that is how will go, if somebody wants to abuse it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am sad that this could even be thought of as true by fellow world citizens. Our reputation has been tarnished.

What is true is that peace groups have been infiltrated by local levels. Example

Aaron Kilner died in a motorcycle accident on August 30, 2003. In his obituary in The Fresno Bee he was identified as a member of the Fresno County Sheriff's department. The obituary went on to say that he was "assigned to the anti-terrorist team." Local activists believe that this "anti-terrorist team" is, in fact, the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) that has recently been formed in this area.. When members of Peace Fresno saw the picture and read of Kilner's association with law enforcement they began piecing the story together.
Here

I hope that disagreement/support in this country is never only what government allows.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why do you say that they are going to be arrested when they protest, first of all, it would never fly, secondly, we have the judges of the supreme court to overturn many of the presidents decisions. And most importantly there were war protests against Iraq held recently in front of the white house. No one was arrested or had a trial held in a court of law. Please make sense. Allright? HOAX.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join