It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

improvised weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm thinking a bow, or crossbow would be the best. No real noise, and it would be very easy to make your own arrows, opposed to a gun, when you run out of ammo, you're screwed. So something very silent, light weight, easily made, or easily made ammo, and also as lethal as a bullet would be perfect.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thexsword

I'd like to invite you to follow my blog, as I am a weaponeer specializing in torsion based weaponry that shoot both sharps and blunts. I am close to a "SHTF" ballista bow design to give outstanding performance with low power. With minimal maintainance I have used a few designs now for over ten years and thousands of shots. If a string breaks, use a shoelace, or piece of handmade rope, sinew or what have you. Adaptable to crossbow use, catapult. (rubberless slingshot).

While Melee weapons are cool, I would prefer to dispatch targets and enemies from a striking distance. A firm believer in odds, eventually your number will come up if they play the odds unneccessarily.

I hope to open a site to promote alternative powered sports weaponry such as torsion bows, crossbows, slingshots etc.

In an Urban environment, many things can be made into neat weaponry using metal rods and springs or wooden weaponry featuring bent metal rods and a variety of springs.

My blog: warhammer1.wordpress.com...

Some larger "artillery" I am helping to design: www.wattsunique.com... (1500 year old tech revisted).

There are a bunch of neat links there as well into the physics of rotational power having a 48% mechanical advantage in range and velocities over conventional limb weaponry...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
To quote my first Platoon Sergeant in the Army who was a Vietnam Vet of MACSOG:

"First thing to remember for hand to hand combat is that almost anything harder than your hands."

Pick up anything you can to gain a lethal edge I say.

A rock or other fist sized object can be used at range with some good results. For melee anything that increases the distance between you and your attacker is good; chair, stool or lamp etc.

My favorite is the pillow case full of cans which I saw on a movie - forget the name though; it was set in a boys school or juvenile center.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The key is to use your imagination (and history as guide) to develop something that extends your "reach." Something that can cut or penetrate or transfer energy to cause blunt force trauma. Just playing around in the back yard I adopted a half of a pair of garden shears (broken) into an effective throwing weapon that is accurate to over 15 yards and can penetrate plywood. I am tempted to make a video and post it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow, some people wanting to sacrifice the cell phones! Use 'em to call 911!

I would prefer spear type weapons, like duct-taping a US M3 to a garden hoe handle. Or a small battle axe, like a hatchet with knife affixed to the hammer side of the hatchet.

Steps
1) 1st get a US M3 ........ good luck!
edit on 19-2-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Calling 911 with your phone will at least assure that the police are there to draw a chalk line around the loser of the fight.

Wanna use your phone as a .357 magnum ?? There's an app for that...lol

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
the best and most deadly accurate Ive seen to date, is a blow gun made from a 1"inch pvc pipe 30' inches long, that shoots 16 penny and smaller nails. the tails are coned foam table place mats, taped on with duct tape. you can accurately shoot a nail dart from 10 yards away and sink it into the skull of a human. we were sinking them into wood wafer boards with devastating accuracy and penetration. add concentrated nicotine or poison arrow dart frog poison and you're in business

edit on 19-2-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
if you need a weapon on the spot? just carry your keys around in your hand and always attack the eyes and slash at the neck. a fresh key will open someone right up

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Get a 2x4 and drive 3 to 4 inch nails through it. The nails will mess people up and it looks prety nasty. Also if you can get your hands on a good staff (5-6 ft long 2 inch plus wide) you can really mess a person up, with a little room.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My first thought upon reading the topic was the Molotov Cocktail. Easily made, flexible components, and a very deadly ratio. I feel this should be the first improvised weapon in most circumstances.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oddly enough, as I collect swords and medieval style weaponry, pretty much there is a weapon within reach in any room in my house (yes, even the bathroom)...though I didn't really plan it that way. Still, some are more permanently mounted, but most can come easily off their holders.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
for close fight a brass knuckle , mace or good knife are the ones!
For long range...
strong and powerfull crossbow and mollotov cocktails

Just some ideeas...
I for agressive dogs use a big mace with a 2 pounds steel ball with spikes in it , a big chain and a thick steel handle ...
Killed some dogs so far , even a BIG one (guess it got out of someones yard ... but instead me beeing "chewed" , better off him with the head smashed ) .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You kill dogs?

What a useful addition to our species you are.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The way I read it he killed a couple dogs that attacked him, not that he was out looking for dogs to kill.
Actually it's quite relevant,as in some area's wild/feral dogs are quite a problem and in an extended SHTF situation,this will only become worse. I was watching some show the other day and they mentioned a few cities in Russia where being attacked by wild dogs was a common occurance,with severl deaths reported.
I like dogs, but if one comes after me and is large enough to be considered a real threat, I wouldn't hesitate to dispatch it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

I'll kill anything that threatens me, dont care, its my life on the line

however possible

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
You kill dogs?

If you have never been to Romania you may have misunderstood what he was saying. There are more stray dogs running wild than you will likely see anywhere else. Most of them are friendly and tame, just looking for a handout. But, not unlike humans they are obviously not all friendly or nice.

While the poster did state it in a matter of fact fashion that leaves some room for interpretation I would assume killing dogs is not some hobby for him, but rather done in self defense. Living around them everyday it likely never occurred to him to clarify that statement. If he has never left Romania it would not be unreasonable for the poster to assume it is like that everywhere.

It's like "the neighbors' Pit Bull was attacking my 3yr old child so I killed it" or "I killed my neighbors' dog".
Same situation in both but with more information the two statements are viewed quite differently.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
You kill dogs?

If you have never been to Romania you may have misunderstood what he was saying. There are more stray dogs running wild than you will likely see anywhere else. Most of them are friendly and tame, just looking for a handout. But, not unlike humans they are obviously not all friendly or nice.

While the poster did state it in a matter of fact fashion that leaves some room for interpretation I would assume killing dogs is not some hobby for him, but rather done in self defense. Living around them everyday it likely never occurred to him to clarify that statement. If he has never left Romania it would not be unreasonable for the poster to assume it is like that everywhere.

It's like "the neighbors' Pit Bull was attacking my 3yr old child so I killed it" or "I killed my neighbors' dog".
Same situation in both but with more information the two statements are viewed quite differently.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I know how to build weapons and hope I never have to use them against a human in the future. But I learned young how to use williow, bamboo, and other materials to make bows, crossbows, traps, whatever.

I can make a bow with more than 80 pounds ( more than some hunting compound bows ) that would rip any living thing a new one.

But if you really want to make a weapon, use your mind. I'm a black belt in shotokan, hand to hand combat would occur in most situations if weapons run out of ammo.

Just thinking your a bad ass is not enough. You better start learning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join