It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnets are a potential power source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
now ive been thinking far out lately... according to science, no device can operate without a power source.

but what about magnets? what power source do they have? can anyone really explain the molecular properties of magnets? they exert an endless force that always stays the same and that force never drains, slows down, or stops, unlike humans or motors.

humans get tired and worn out. motors get worn out and break down. but magnets? has a magnet ever stopped working? even really weak magnets last forever, always emiting a kind of power source.

my point is if we can find a way to harness this energy or to use it as it is, but for benefit like transportation, it could very well eliminate the need for fuels. magnets could be the motors of the future, if somebody can figure out a way to use a magnets power? i know there are smart people out there. i know there is a fast way to travel without polluting everywhere you go.

related sources

Q: How can scientists be so mystified by gravity
yet also claim to explain it?
A: This is a basic conflict in our science. There is an
unspoken collective agreement in our educational institutions
to teach clearly flawed explanations since they really have no
alternative.
In actuality, today’s scientists know nothing about
the true nature of gravity.

I fully believe magnets harness the energy of gravity. they work like gravity.

Gravitational Perpetual Motion:
As we all know, perpetual motion machines are impossible,
and claims of such devices are a clear sign of bad science.
No device (or natural phenomenon) can operate endlessly
without draining a power source, and certainly no device can
operate without a power source at all.
Yet, our science states
that an object dropped into a tunnel cut through the Earth would
oscillate back and forth endlessly from one end of the planet
to the other. This is the result predicted by both Newton's and
Einstein's theories of gravity, yet this belief clearly violates our
most elementary laws of physics as well as common sense.
There is no claim of a draining power source, nor even any
mention of a power source at all to drive this process. Despite
detailed atomic theories and even having split the atom we
have never identified a gravitational power source.

LINK

does anybody wanna take a shot at explaining why magnets dont drain or why they arent used for things like cars?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
magnets have already been used in travel. Ever heard of the bullet train? the track i an electro-magnet. the train has another. The same polarized magnets repel allowing the train to move really really fast lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
im talking about magnets completely taking over... magnet powered cars, magnet powered planes and trains etc.
that is what i would like to see.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly62659
magnets have already been used in travel. Ever heard of the bullet train? the track i an electro-magnet. the train has another. The same polarized magnets repel allowing the train to move really really fast lol.

and im sure those magnet trains take some kind of fuel and emit some kind of pollution....

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

* Patent Application US 2006/0163971 (appft1.uspto.gov... n.IN.&s2=%22Magnetic+Power%22.AS.&OS=IN/Gunderson+AND+AN/%22Magnetic+Power%22&RS=IN/Gunderson+AND+AN/%22Magnetic+Power%22) (PDF (pesn.com...)) Pending; Solid State Electric Generator; July 27, 2006.

Abstract
A solid-state electrical generator including at least one permanent magnet, magnetically coupled to a ferromagnetic core provided with at least one hole penetrating its volume; the hole(s) and magnet(s) being placed such that the hole(s) penetrating the ferromagnetic core's volume intercept flux from the permanent magnet(s) coupled into the ferromagnetic core. A first wire coil is wound around the ferromagnetic core for the purpose of moving the coupled permanent magnet flux within the ferromagnetic core. A second wire is routed through the hole(s) penetrating the volume of the ferromagnetic core, for the purpose of intercepting this moving magnetic flux, thereby inducing an output electromotive force. A changing voltage applied to the first wire coil causes coupled permanent magnet flux to move within the core relative to the hole(s) penetrating the core volume, thus inducing electromotive force along wire(s) passing through the hole(s) in the ferromagnetic core. The mechanical action of an electrical generator is thereby synthesized without use of moving parts.

* Magnetic Power Inc. Patent Application Published (pesn.com...) - Patent describes a Solid State Electric Generator, the first in a series of Magnetic Power Modules™ that the company says will produce electric power with no moving parts and no need for fuel. (PESN; July 28, 2006)
* MPI Press Release (magneticpowerinc.com...), July 27, 2006

peswiki.com...:Magnetic_Power_Inc

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Very good topic, a subject after my own heart. I have personally experimented for years with different configurations of Neodynium Magnets of differing shapes.

The bottom line is you can only convert one form of energy into another and after the losses ( friction,gravity ect..) you are left with a degrading of energy output.

Allegedly only Quantum Mechanics can explain exactly what a magnetic line of flux is, and to be honest I think that field is beyond the layman for any break through of value. I still fondly remember my days in college were the lecturer would stumble through their interpretation of magnetism with the classic explanation of "lines of flux" but never adequately explaining what they actually were.

I think the real break through personally ( being a Electronic tech for 20+ years ) could be in the realm of a collapsing magnetic field spiking electron volts beyond the input voltage, even though the total wattage in dissipation is the same how can the voltage spike be harnessed in an efficient manner.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
first let my say i know absoultly nothing sceintific about magnets, but i've always felt they must be in some way related to gravity. like you say it just works no fule ect... and it dosen't stop. i once saw a sci fi show whehe they got power from the rotation of the planet and magnitizem and gravity involved. it's hard to deny the power in magnets when you can feel the invisable whatever pushing or pulling. after a long explanation that made verry little sense to me a fiend of mine said what to me is the best explanation of magnitizem; it's magic!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Great topic, something I've been exploring for quite a while.
Just to clear things up though,,,, magnets do weaken over time and eventually lose their power. They aren't forever.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Conspiracymaster,
It's good to see that I am not the only one who has been empassioned with the idea of somehow utilizing that mysterious force to create some form of either powersupply or propulsion. I've been wondering around for years inquiring about this as I, too, am no scientist, just hypercurious like you. Further, I agree: the force of the magnet almost seems, intuitively, to be somehow connected to the force of gravity, as we observe it. The most useful and simple answer I was able to get is that a magnet is like a "potential" energy. It's doing nothing until a force acts upon it to induce the desired result. That seemed to somewhat pacify me--though not convince me.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
Just to clear things up though,,,, magnets do weaken over time and eventually lose their power. They aren't forever.

I think it's called degaussing, but I could be wrong. I was looking around the web about this topic and there are some really cool designs out there. Some day I firmly believe this technology will be old hat. BUT-

It ain't gonna happen until there's no black gold/Texas tea left in the ground.

The oil industry will not allow it.

We've got cars with fuel injection, variable spark advance, variable duration timing, roller valvetrains, cleaner & better burning fuels, synthetic lubricants, advanced spark plugs & wires, electronic coils with hotter & longer duration sparks, aluminum & magnesium blocks & heads, double overhead cams, and many other advances in automotive engine technology.

They come standard with 20 or 30 computers that monitor & maintain proper function of all subtending components much better that their old mechanical predecessors used to in the past and make the car much more advanced in many areas.

Cars accelerate faster, weigh less, stop quicker, steer better, park themselves, have air bags & crumple zones, drive with no oil or on punctured tires, have heated & power everything, navigate you to a destination, AND tell you everything going on in the vehicle through numerous digital displays while you listen in comfort to hi fidelity satellite radio or CD while the kids watch their favorite DVD, BUT-

Most of them still get 20 or 30 MPG just like they did 20 years ago!

( WTF squared! )

We're just starting to see models that advertise in the 40 or 50 MPG range. Why?

Because that's exactly what they are engineered to do! If the car companies were allowed to do what they are capable of doing then we would have cars that get 200+ MPG right now!

I think there's a good possibility that a perpetual motion machine has already been invented, and the plans are quietly sitting somewhere in an Exxon/Mobile safe. Not to be seen until all the oil is gone. . . Too bad-

If magnetism & gravity ARE closely related, then maybe a small singularity could prove to be a possible perpetual power source. I don't think they "degauss".

2PacSade-

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
could this not be a potential problem?

Heating a magnet past its Curie point will destroy the long range ordering.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy

I don't agree with that really.

Magnets that can and do lose their power are actually steel magnets and it's called demagnetizing. But even these types of magnets can be reactivated by pulse magnetizers.

Permanent magnets which are ones that really rule the world are the rare
"rare earth" or "neodymium" magnet.

The neodymium are what's are computer hard drives are made of and are extremely powerful.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Eh?

Sorry magnets are in no way connected to gravity.
Einstein has already explained what gravity is.

In his Equivalence principle, which states that you cannot tell the difference between a gravitational field and a equivalent uniform acceleration. So that objects in free fall under gravity all accelerate at the same amount, or in other words, they move the same way as if there was no gravity. So what seems to be the result of gravity is actually the result of curved space-time.

So therefore everything has a gravitational attraction, because everything creates a curve in space-time. But obviously we (humans) create such a small curve that we don't affect anything.
I'm sure your all familiar with the old 3D representation of curved space-time. When a bowling ball is placed on a stretched sheet of rubber, then a smaller ball is placed on the side. The smaller ball will follow the curve made by the bowling ball.

Or if you believe in the Quantum pyhsics theory of gravity it goes like this.

Gravity is a force mediated by an exchange of virtual particles.
Called the Graviton. That has the abillity to ignore the laws of pyhsics and can move faster then light, and pop into and out of existence.

See gravity explained, more or less.

Although you're right about magnetism, it is simply unexplained.

The only way i see possible to create an "energy source" from a Magnet is to pass a metal rod through a coil of magnets that in turn produces a current.
This is basically how electricity is created, although a bit more complex.
But this requires a source of external energy to create the movement of the rod.

See you can't disobey the laws of thermodynamics and energy.

Sorry for any inconsistencies in my explanation of magnetics, it's not really my field of research.

.:*IM*:.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If magnetism & gravity ARE closely related, then maybe a small singularity could prove to be a possible perpetual power source. I don't think they "degauss".

On the contrary. According to Hawkings radiation, blackholes eventually "evaporate".
And i would be interested to hear how you supposes we "harness" the energy from such singularity?

Seeing as cosmic censorship doesn't allow a "naked" singularity. It is safely shielded from view. Who knows what hides behind the event horizon of a black hole.

But i can safely say that i would never want to witness it.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infinite motion
Eh?
Sorry magnets are in no way connected to gravity.
Einstein has already explained what gravity is.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Einstein should be and is 100% correct about everything he ever wrote about.

A man by the name of Edward Leedskalnin, wrote about magnetisim. You should find his writtings. They make a LOT of sense, and they go against the common teachings of megnets and electricity and even the geologists view of gravitation, and astronomers "facts" about the earths path around the sun. Ed has knows the secret to the universe, and has physical proof, which is his castle. Ed says the world is not as complex as we, and other scientists think it is.

Anyway, gravity and magnets are EXACTLY the same thing. I dare you to prove otherwise.

here are some things to read about...

This is Ed's castle, read everything about it:
www.coralcastle.com...

This is another good site, it has Ed's writtings:
www.leedskalnin.com...

That being said, I have always known that magnets are the "free energy device" that have yet to be completly tapped. Even though every single electrical thing in the entire world needs a magnet to work, people don't see it to be true. I do though.

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Connected]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
From what I've heard about superstring theory(philosophy), both electro-magnetism and gravity are caused by superstrings, with gravity being weaker because the closed loop string that carries it isnt bound to this dimension (or something). So in essence you would need to build a superstring engine that can harness their power, just hope know one comes up with a superstring bomb.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I don't understand why everyone thinks Einstein should be and is 100% correct about everything he ever wrote about.

Maybe because he has proven his theory that gravity is nothing more then the visual effects of curved space-time.

Anyway, gravity and magnets are EXACTLY the same thing. I dare you to prove otherwise.

The only thing they have in common is that they attract. Otherwise they are two totally different things. A magnet still works in zero gravity, so how can gravity be the same as a magnet? If they were indeed interconnected then wouldn't a magnet fail to work in zero gravity?

I think you may think because they both attract they are somehow related!
Not so.

Sorry but there is no such thing as perpetual motion.
Bring me evidence of the possibilities for it and i may think otherwise.

I'll go over Edward Leedskalnins works.

Edit to include thoughts on Edward Leedskalnins:

Firstly there isn't much there to keep me remotely interested.

Secondly this is not a "new" science. People have know that magnets can perform strange feats, but is not perpetual motion.

Sorry still a skeptic and stick by Einsteinian theorys on realitivity, and how the perfectly explain gravity.

By the way, thanks for the link to the Castle, not sure what it has to do with the topic but fascinating.

Indeed science cannot explain everthing.

Example: Photons have no mass, yet are still affected by gravity. How if they have no mass for gravity to attract?

"The truth is stranger then fiction"

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Infinite motion]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Maybe because he has proven his theory that gravity is nothing more then the visual effects of curved space-time.

Not really, no he hasn't proven that. You are going to believe that gravity is nothing but a "visual effect", oh wow, you are going to be stuck in a rut forever with that mentality.

A magnet still works in zero gravity, so how can gravity be the same as a magnet? If they were indeed interconnected then wouldn't a magnet fail to work in zero gravity?

I never said anything about being "interconnected". Sorry.

A magnet creates its own "gravity". There for it works in zero g. Also, the Earth creates its own "gravity", there for it also works in zero g. The Earth is a giant magnet floating in space. If you got a giant man made magnet and put it out in space by itself, it would still work, because it creates its own "gravity" called magnetism.

I don't udnerstand your logic of a magnet failing to work in zero gravity. Just because gravtiy and magnetism are the same, doesn't mean they feed off of eachother.

You say the only simularities of a magnet and gravity is that they "attract", but that is incorrect. They also have the same exact magnetic field characteristics. They also have much more, but I cant type now, I will be late for work...

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry but there is no such thing as perpetual motion.
Bring me evidence of the possibilities for it and i may think otherwise.

Ok, prepare to eat your words.. Here is a Simple Overunity Device

jnaudin.free.fr...

Supposidy "overunity" is impossible. It is not.

Using this magnet ramp and a drop to escape the magnetic field, I have created a perpetual motion wheel. For ages people have been trying to find a way to close the loop with this s.m.o.t. and they have failed. Except me, I found a unique design that I will probably share within the next month, when I finish my "presentable" working model. Currently I have a makeshift, working model.

The difference between this perpetual motion device compared to others, is that it will last the lifetime of a magnet. Other perpetual motion device's are trying to use the repelling force of megnets for its perpulsion, but there is a fualt when doing that. Forcing two magnets to prepell from eachother causes them to demagnetize, and will cause they device to stop over several months.

Edit to include thoughts on Edward Leedskalnins:

Firstly there isn't much there to keep me remotely interested.

Secondly this is not a "new" science. People have know that magnets can perform strange feats, but is not perpetual motion.

By the way, thanks for the link to the Castle, not sure what it has to do with the topic but fascinating.

Indeed science cannot explain everthing.

I don't think you read it carefully. Ed has unlocked the secrets to how the pyrimids were created. Ed created his castle by himself, with simple simple tools. He lifted and created a castle out of blocks that weighed 10 tons or more. Some blocks were 30+ tons. When he had to move his castle, he rented a truck and driver to transport the blocks. Ed told the truck driver to leave the truck at night, so he can load the blocks on the trailor by himself. People believe he levitated them with magnetic field.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Example: Photons have no mass, yet are still affected by gravity. How if they have no mass for gravity to attract?

"In modern physics, the photon is the elementary particle responsible for electromagnetic phenomena."

They are magnetic. They are attracted to Earth, the giant magnet.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There was a guy I saw that had a working magnetic motor and also a car powered by that same engine and also a room heater that was powered by magnets. His name was Troy Reed and he worked out of Oklahoma. I'll try to locate more info for you on him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join