It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in you wine cellar?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Got some more pre-arrivals in today:

03 Chateauneuf Cuvee Felix (Both 750's and mag)
01 Valdicava
01 La Serena (case)
04 Two Hands Ares
02 Barolo Vigna Rionda Massolino
02 Scavino Barolo Bric del Fiasc Magnum

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mogan David concord grape.

Just kiddin'.

Wine gives me a headache. It's weissbier for me!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Kelly’s Revenge Cabernet Sauvignon 2003

The wine vendor insisted that I buy this. I did buy 2 of these and kept it in my cellar yesterday. That was history, after the dinner (& midnight snack)these are now empty bottles as of this morning

First time I tried this and I did not regret it. Good wine.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Where is it from?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
From Australia. The taste beats my usual French Cabernet Sauvignon.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Latest Cellar additions:

2000 Paolo Scavino Barolo Riserva Rocche dell'Annunziata (magnum)
2001 Castelgiocondo (Frescobaldi) Brunello di Montalcino (magnum)
2004 Clos des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape (double magnum)
2001 La Serena Brunello di Montalcino (case)
2000 Vigna Rionda - Massolino Barolo X2
2004 Two Hands Shiraz Ares
2001 Castelgiocondo (Frescobaldi) Brunello di Montalcino Riserva Ripe al Convento X2
2003 Bodega Numanthia Termes Toro Numanthia X2
2001 Clos des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape
2003 Feudi di San Gregorio Irpinia Serpico X2
2003 Bois de Boursan Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée des Felix x2 + a magnum
2003 Château La Tour Blanche
1999 Valdicava Brunello di Montalcino x2
2003 Château Coutet x4
2000 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc
2001 Valdicava Brunello di Montalcino
N.V. Franck Bonville Champagne Cuvée Les Belles Voyes Brut Blanc de Blancs
2005 Domaine Grand Veneur Châteauneuf-du-Pape X2

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What's in my wine cellar?? Not a darn thing.... I drank it all
I even gave a bottle to my neighbors tonight...red wine is not for me!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow! That's some collection you got going on there!

I don't have the room to keep more than a few bottles at a time in my tint tiny flat and even if I do have a few they are very lucky to see more than one Saturday afternoon.

Recently I have been enjoying Merlot. Thicker the better.

I gave up smoking just over a year ago and I think my taste buds have started growing back.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Wow! That's some collection you got going on there!

Those are the recent additions. Im closing in on 500 bottles or so. Ive got a few merlots but not too many

2003 Chappellet Vineyard Merlot (USA, California, Napa Valley)
2004 Craneford Merlot John Zilm (Australia, South Australia, Barossa, Barossa Valley)
2000 Falesco Montiano Lazio IGT (Italy, Latium, Lazio IGT)
2004 Rubicon Estate / Niebaum-Coppola Merlot (USA, California, Napa Valley)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Do you prefer Merlot over Cabernet Sauvignon? Based on your list, it looks like it.

I also noticed most of your collections are French wine. I personally prefer wines from Chile, Italy & Australia. But I also like several French wine though few selected ones.

I prefer Carmenere above all, next to Shiraz & Cabernet Sauvignon. I am not really a Merlot fan.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I managed to recently obtain almost a full case of Leoville-Barton (my freind took a couple bottles) to add to the cellar. I have a fairly extensive collection of Italian reds, mostly Super-tuscans, Chaintis and Amarones (I like the heavy stuff). I have a decent amount of French Bordeauxs and and Burgundys, most of which are not ready to drink. Although I have a small amount of California red I find I gravitate towards the old world style of wine and I constantly seek out little known vineyards. I am fortunate to have a freind who is acquainted with Leo Lacasio of Winebow, they are one of the best importers in my opinion and his selections are very eclectic. We often get first crack at some of the more interesting new products arriving from Italy.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I am not seeing Fred t posting about wines anymore. So what's the latest in your wine cellar?

The past holiday season became an italian parade in my wine cellar.

Chiantis, yups full of Chiantis, by Antinori & Frescobaldi. (Antinori is really good but a bit expensive compared to affordable Frsecobaldi) Some Toscanas as well. All 100% Sangiovese. I also had Woodbrigde California Cabernet Sauvignon, & Chateau de Pampelonne. These are surprisingly good.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by searching_for_truth]

[edit on 19-2-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have a 1996 Chateau Latour a Pomerol that I've been saving for some time (it was a gift) and which I will be drinking at tonights gathering/meal.

Should be lovely - but I think I might keep it for myself and buy some cheap plonk.
It's just too good for the peasants

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm not wealthy enough to be a "wine snob," however I do love a good wine. My personal favorite at the moment is the 2004 MezzaCorona Pinot Grigio. For something like $10, the price is unbeatable. If you are a fan of the temperamental grape, this wine is clear, crisp, and refreshing. It goes down very smooth, is not sweet, but neither is it overly dry. "Crisp" is really the best word I can think of to describe it. For those that follow points, it scored an 88.

A lot of people think you have to spend a lot of money to get a really good quality wine, but the truth is, many of the best tasting vintages are under $40. Higher expense typically indicates rarity and/or paying for the brand's name, neither are an indication of taste.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
A lot of people think you have to spend a lot of money to get a really good quality wine, but the truth is, many of the best tasting vintages are under $40. Higher expense typically indicates rarity and/or paying for the brand's name, neither are an indication of taste.

Couldn't agree more.

In fact one my favorite great tasting red wines is Carmenere from Chile, as long as it is Carmenere from Chile, any brands will do. Yet, it is cheap.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My wine cellar is modest in quantity but excellent in quality. Since I'm spanish, I only have Rioja and Ribera del Duero red wines. I've heard many people say that drinking other than red wine is a terrible waste of time. I agree.

I also appreciate Chianti Classico. It's common for both italian and spanish wines not to have an addition of sugar, because both countries have a lot of sun, which is not the case with other european wines, such as the french or the german.

This is so for the time being; hopefully the climatic change will not spoil spanish wines.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I just tried one of my treasured bottles in my cellar last night,

Badia a Passignano Riserva
Antinori 2003 Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva.

It's 100% Sangiovese

As usual, that little pink DOCG seal on top of the bottle did not fail my expectations.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hey Fred and MM, any new acquisitions that you want to share?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join