It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think Atlantis is or was?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
fact:

If you believe in the city of Atlantis...then you have to accept everything else...Zeus....Hercules...Cyclopes....five arms five leg giants....etc.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
the thing is that atlantis, was not a city, it was an empire, and some parts of it exist today,

for example the portuguese islands, are the very top of it

and im sure there are others

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i would say in atlantic ocean. somewhere off coast nw africa.possibly close to ,if not fully in (at least partially in) sargasso sea.i tend to think plato is more or less correct.i also think that it was a much earlier civilization.i have plenty of reasns why and possible causes of what happened but i might discuss them later

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My belief is that it was/is located(whatever can be found of it) in the Caribbean. The main area being located at the Bimini(Mar) 'roads' near the Bahamas. Roads that could possibly be the tops of buildings. I've come to the conclusion by research, and some of my favs as Charles Belitz to Edgar Cayce. As well as research into the roads, from general travel sites, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Atlantis was where Plato said it was before the Straites of Gibraltar.
This is where our First Garden of Creation, our Gods and Goddesses and our Technologies all came from that spread to the Americas and Eurasia.
The island would be roughly some 2000 x 1000 miles in area and between 125 - 150 million years old considering when the Atlantic first formed.

From here we all came to be Atlantean or "The Risen or Foremost Earthland of God's Island".

HAt.Ta.nTr.iw or Atlantis.

HAt = Foremost, Ta = Earth or Land, nTr = God and iw = island in Egyptian.

The Greeks translated HAt as AT, for example HAt.repyt = Athribis.

Deukalion-Apollo-Maia =(backwards) A I AM OLLO PA(ra) NO(sa) ILA KU E D(eh).

As I am, look to the island that I gave you.

The word Atlantis broken up into syllables Aa-ta-la-na-ta-ia-sa
Re: Basque Translation by Riven

"The main evergreen forest is born a joyous miracle at dawn the abundant monument increases to unite the future arrival and remain loyal to the secret of creation."

The Critias dialogue tells us that the Atlanteans built the Royal City where "they first saw the light". (God's guidance?)

God is JA MN who is AMEN for Egypt. (The Hidden One)

You can see our second Garden of Creation in Tansania,Africa in my website, if you like.

sites.google.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cc458bcebc3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
the thing is that atlantis, was not a city, it was an empire, and some parts of it exist today,

for example the portuguese islands, are the very top of it

and im sure there are others

I agree that it was an empire as well. Everyone spoke the same Atlantean language, even if they were outside the empire proper in some other lands. All the lands of Atlantis were submerged by the flood and broken up under the waves. So what emerged after the flood was not the same land mass as was before. Atlantis is probably completely covered by sediment on todays continents and at the bottom of the oceans if any traces remain there.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hello, Check out the excellent Graham Hancock book "Fingerprints of the Gods"- lightweight title unfortunately but just superb research and thought about Atlantis-possible before the end of the ice ages advanced civilisations, Egypt, the Americas, and yes- Antarctica, which was temperate at one time. He postulates a sudden crustal shift which moved continents abruptly, to explain how animals living in temperate climes like siberia could be virtually frozen standing up. Fascinating read and well worth studying.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join