It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on earth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by manchurian_candidate
To have the highest survival probability chances you must be in a safe environment,away from nuclear contamination,pollution and civ itself.I have found only 3 places on earth which are safe
1)the Himalayas
2)Australian outback
30antartica

although if you take global warming into consideration then you might have to remove Antarctica and the outback as all ice would be melting and the outback would be a oven.

so if you live in Australia or north India or south china then you might have good chances of survival provided you have mobility and drinking water facility(though the Himalayas would provide the latter)

[edit on 25-1-2007 by manchurian_candidate]

I thought I read somewhere that the Australian outback was an inland sea once

if that is so then there is a danger it will flood again and become a sea

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I can't remember the details but there was a fella looking for the safest place in the world. After searching and doing all of the statistics he moved to the Falklands. About 3 weeks before that little skirmish happened.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The best way to hide would be inside the mountains at a medium altitude, there are plenty of caves, it would also be safe from radiation, there are tunels , caves that go deep inside the mountains, there are water springs , mushrooms, vegetation in general and fertile ground where seeds can grow.In case of a nuclear outbrake it would be the safest place to be.
Europe holds such mountains, France, Germany, Romania.

www.fotoromania.net...

www.enfieldonline.net...

If running away from the NWO what better place to hide than this.
No one will find you here, the Amazon.

www.destination360.com...

Most of it has not been explored, no one would find you there even if they tried.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I don't know if I would call the Amazon "safe." Safe from people, maybe. But from animals, insects, disease, and nature... I think you'd have better luck in a prison camp or a nuclear fireball. Unless of course you're a wilderness guru, or you live in a rain forest already...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If possible id sneak into the vault they made on Svalbard island. otherwise im going into mountians and as far undergound as i can

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
New Zealand and I have the proof!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Safest place on Earth? I guess you could say the very center of Earth, but with saying that we would need the technology to withstand immense gravity and extreme temperature.

I would probably live on a boat floating around near the Antarctic. Not to close that it is unbearable in most scenarios, but close enough to be safe. As for vegetables and other foods, I would turn to growing them myself. (Waterworld ref.) And I would build a contraption that could turn urine into drinkable water

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Nyte Angel]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't know if there is a safe place on Earth, considering a global catastrophe. Our Planets weather should make anywhere on the surface uninhabitable. Rain should flood just about everywhere that water does not freeze and tsunamis will take care of the coast lines. Winds may blow our topsoil around enough to make growing food very difficult and getting meat will be very difficult considering most edible animals should be dead or hard to find. What about our Nuclear Power Plants... how will we deal with the radio active mess carried around the globe by wind, not to mention solar radiation entering the atmosphere due to a weakened magnetic field? As for below the surface of our planet... it does not seem to practical. What will we eat with no animals, no sunlight, no nutrient rich soils for plant life, no air purifiers etc. to clean the air we need to breathe, and no waste removal to prevent disease.

As you can see the list will increase the more you think about it. I think as a species we have a slight chance for survival, but for the most part we will die suffocating, hungry, thirsty, and generally uncomfortably deaths.

On the bright side of things, we will be the first people ever to have a front row seat for the destruction of a planet. You didn't think we would be here forever did you! The species alive, living on this planet today only account for 3% of life in our known planets history.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
What about China, my Friends ?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
the best is to stay positive and start to dig a big hole with some underground chambers , food , fresh water , medicale kit , boat , and things you need to survive etc ... when the time is comming just run to your backyard and hide for some months or so
depends what your hidding from ....

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Safest place from what? That's the question. Safest place from a flood? In the mountains of course, Himalayas. Safest place from wildfires? In the desert or arctic tundra. Safest place from black people? Somewhere cold.

But if we are talking nuclear war here, probably the safest place would be the amazon rainforest. There are no targets there, so it would be pretty much untouched during a nuclear war. That's not to say that prevailing winds couldn't carry fallout there, but that just depends on if you are lucky or unlucky that day.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
safty is a feeling, which can only be found in yourself.

i know what you mean stewie

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I can't remember the details but there was a fella looking for the safest place in the world. After searching and doing all of the statistics he moved to the Falklands. About 3 weeks before that little skirmish happened.

The Falklands would still be my first ''safe place'' of choice if it was possible to get there in time, regardless of the 1982 Falklands War - Just a handful of civilians died during the conflict.

It is multi-ethnic nowadays, the locals are survivalists by its very geography/weather and biology, it has a decent sized military garrison, modern facilities, decent high ground available, wild enough and far enough off the beaten track to be forgotten about and its British. East Falklands is virtually empty of human habitation.

Failing that, possibly South Georgia, Tristian da Cuhna, St. Helena, Ascension Island or somewhere in Namibia would be my other choices.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
New Zealand is beautiful and has everything on a surface level that you would want....the problem is what is below the "surface"....the huge island has several potential volcanoes I hear. When the ring of fire starts going off the 'canoes will go pop down there as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
A group of us were discussing this issue when someone piped up with "the safest place to be, is to be 100% in the will of the Almighty!"
Well, that got us thinking......

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The Falklands would still be my first ''safe place'' of choice if it was possible to get there in time, regardless of the 1982 Falklands War - Just a handful of civilians died during the conflict.

Failing that, possibly South Georgia, Tristian da Cuhna, St. Helena, Ascension Island or somewhere in Namibia would be my other choices.

South Georgia is to rough, Kerguelen Island is bigger and a better bet, its got coal as well as water, sheep, wild rabbits, sea birds and excellent fisheries. Tristan is an option, Madagascar possibly. Chatham Island off NZ is very suiitable, some of the small islands of British Columbia, and of course the azores. If you want to remain attached to a continent I would suggest Tierra del Fuego.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If i'm looking at the right island for Kerguelen it has volcano written all over it.

The Falklands would probably be my choice, only because I've heard of it though.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If the meek shall inherit the earth, then where is Meekdom?

A place with clean protected water and no fossil fuels, precious metals or gem stones.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
If i'm looking at the right island for Kerguelen it has volcano written all over it.

The Falklands would probably be my choice, only because I've heard of it though.

Ancient Volcano, but the Island is bloody big, roughly the size of both east and west Falkland, but with coal on the surface, loads of fresh water, the frogs have a science station there with hospitals resteraunts, massive energy stores, and its miles from anyone else. Its always very windy so one could erect an excellent wind farm.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Its that bloody wind that puts me off of those French Islands - It would drive me insane.

But, most of the Southern Hemisphere Islands would be a good bet, if you could get to them in time, especially the ones in the Southern Ocean. Its the weather that kinda puts me off a bit.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join