It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas and Chicago UFO's by Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of parachute flares in my day including many long range ones shot from artillery. Depending on distance, at long range you will generally only see the light from the flare itself. From close up to maybe a kilometer or two away you can usually see the light reflecting off the parachute. The flares I'm talking about are usually illuminated relatively close to the ground (a few hundred meters up, as opposed to a couple miles) so you get decent light over a specific area. Higher altitude flares from aircraft I'm not so familier with.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
thats a great point i had forgotten to consider in my post. i agree that the 'parachute flares' typically only go up a couple hundred feet but my experience with them is the hand launched version (foot or so long tube that you hit the base and it fires out the top, dont know the nomenclature on them) so yeah, if thats what they claim he saw...might be a neat trick afterall.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
that sounds pretty cool.
FOX doesnt want us to know anything out of consideration.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why do I keep reading posts that seem to bring me back to D4rk Knights post about lights and signs *sigh* (becoming less skeptical)

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Arkangel4time]www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Arkangel4time]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I was surprised but Fox News just spent a "few minutes" and not just a few seconds on UFO's. They showed the picture of that orange looking object taken in Arkansas and they are saying that the military is saying it was flares but even they didn't think so. They also talked about the Chicago incident and Brian Kilmeade (Fox and Friends) said he thought they were real UFO's.

I do notice that lately Fox has been talking a little longer on this subject when it comes up and it has come up a few times this year.

It was talked about a little more seriously with a little less joking and laughing.

I believe this is a good time for everyone to keep looking up and trying to get pictures and get them on the News if possible for it seems to be getting to be a hot item right now.

Sorry about starting this tread mods I know there was something somewhere here but I couldn't find it.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by observe50]

Anyone put it up on magadownload or one of those download sites.

Good for 25 downloads at least it will be good for reposting.

I always had tape recording ready but due to equipment failure
and rearrangement of equipment, it not so easy any more.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Although I'm no fan of WND, here's a recent article providing an explanation of the Arkansas lights:

WND

My question is, with 2M candlepower, wouldn't an observer see the smoke and/or the parachute as well??

Light up the target, heh heh, yeah target earth.

Looks like the rest of the hundred or so UFO pictures.

Show Jessica D'Aurizio the two pictures, yeah their the same.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Did they mention when this sighting happened? I used to live in Arkansas and saw an orange orb split into two during one of my night time walks.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Although I'm no fan of WND, here's a recent article providing an explanation of the Arkansas lights:

WND

My question is, with 2M candlepower, wouldn't an observer see the smoke and/or the parachute as well??

I have a 2 million candle power flashlight that I got for christmas this year. The total output of the light is 2 million candle power in a DIRECTIONAL BEAM. The UFO seemed to radiate its "2 million candle power" in more directions than just a straight fixed beam like my flashlight... so I would thing that a wider radiation area, with the same output power, would result in less brightness and intensity observed from the ground.

I can also tell you that my focused beam of 2 million candle power is bright as hell, but still not bright enough to light up a house sitting 1,000-2,000 feet away... which is approximatley the altitude that the military said it was operating in.

And again - if there was a parachute and smoke descending from 1,000-2,000 feet with even a little bit of light shining out from it, you would see indications of the parachute and smoke... 1,000 feet is not very high up.

A tall radio/TV broadcast tower is usually around 700-1300 feet tall. And when you drive by one of those things at night, the red light at the top of it still allows you to see the outline of the tower etc... and that light is not 2 million candle power.

Im not sure what to conlude yet, but figured I would share these thoughts with you. If I am feeling motivated later, I may go take some pictures of my 2 million candle power light for your reference.

~DMN~

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't think flares would be used near any airport. I don't think flares shoot up and put holes in clouds, either.

We all have to keep our eyes opne to the skies and have a camera.

EA

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Where do reptilians fit into the picture?

Are they Dinosaurs evolved?

Do they Shape shift into power figures and politicians?

There are stories of reptile humanoids in most cultures around the world

Is there an invisible barrier for astral bodies (as you described) surrounding our planet?

That invisible barrier you mentioned while in your astral body. Robert A. Monroe has described hitting one out in the astral plane. And Michael Tsarion talks about a barrier around planet earth.

What is the astral plane?

And that lake of bodies beneath when you leave for the astral plane?

And the being who makes everyone on the astral realm kneel until it has past?

Can you elaborate on the two sides of the “cold war in space” What is their motive?

Are they experimenting with humans in underground basis?

Where does Lucifer and luciferianism fit into the picture?

What kind of hold does he have on the earth?

Dan Burish seems to thinks the elite are involved in Luciferianism but does not get into detail as to how they warship him and the relationship. The Vril society might have contacted aliens to help them. Is this the side that wants to horde the knowledge, as has been the case at least as far back as the Egyptians? Does Lucifer relate to the Nephilim or the Annunaki or the Sumerian reptilian gods like Ea who are said to have gone deep within the ocean past a gateway, like the Nagas in Buddhism who have crystal cities in the oceans. Is this the dimensional gateway to the hollow earth?

What is the nature of Buddhas?

How do they come about? Are they foreign souls? Are they experiments of aliens. And if Nibana or Nirvana is the ultimate goal would not that transcend all the dimensions and all the cold wars. And should it not take precedence?

Who are the employers of the Miltons what is their role and nature?

Do they want to keep everyone in Samsara to continue a possible power trip or what?

How do we entertain as a race?

And what of self-transforming machine elves?

These elves and juled landscapes seen by shamans and mystics and by Timothy Leary Terence McKenna and countless others on '___' and my friends on Salvia. These elves that want to harvest humanity? Why?

What is to happen in 5 years?

Will the aliens be around like in the subterranean Chicago in your story? Will there be insanity and increased spiritual potential? What are the timelines?

What is the role of Indigo children and rainbow children etc?

Is it simply to usher in a new age. Are they genetic experiments of aliens?
I’m a student debating whether to leave for Tibet and dedicate to leaving Samsara and leaving the cosmic institution. Is their any other answer?

If society is obsolete, if our rulers are bloodlines and create wars as occult ritual sacrifice to the overlords, who will take away this astral barrier around earth if this is so how can we prepare should we all leave the cities for self sustainable communities

What approach is most appropriate?

Where is the good side on earth against the Luciferians, is it in the hollow earth or in Butan?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
6 Friends and a Friends Mom and older sister and I all saw the Arkansas UFO in Culver City Ca. in 1976 (For over 45 Min.) The older sister called the Culver City police Department to report it and the answering officer responded "Yes we have recieved calls about it and are looking into it" and promptly hung up !

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Flares and a 10 Warthogs are the same cover for the Phoenix lights!
What unorigonal Bulltwiddle!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
Flares and a 10 Warthogs are the same cover for the Phoenix lights!

But everyone agrees the second set of the Phoenix lights were flares, which makes me think that this here is not an incident of flares. After all, the flares at phoenix were white, but this one here is a dull red sort of colour? That doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I just got in from taking the kids to school and turned on Fox and guess what, Fox is having a very long segment on this man in Michigan who is building a flying saucer in his garage that seats four.. Alfie Carrington is from Clinton Town. They weren't making fun and they even said get patents and he said he already has two.

They (Fox) again mentioned the different UFO segments they had on THIS WEEK.

They showed Alfie and his saucer and it looked right there I applaud this man.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is a link to Google Trends showing a slight increase in news reports containing the phrase 'UFO'. Note that searches have remained pretty steady despite some spikes.

Google Trends

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Being from Arkansas. And going to school right up the road from Van Buren I heard nothing of this sighting until reading about it on this site. Why did the state and local newspapers not report on it? I may have skipped it. But I read both and didn't see it.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This subject isn't reported that much and there is also sensorship.

I have noticed we are told only what they want us to know and then they kill the stories.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by imtim83
Do you have the clip on video please or know where a copy could be please?

I want to watch! Thanks!

check youtube or google videos

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Twice this was on the same morning Fox news show this past week but nothing at all on the other shows during the day, wonder why?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think Kilmeade might be thinking that the skeptic claims are pretty ridiculous. After awhile reason begins to set in and the everythings a flare, weather balloon, flashing light or seagulls doesn't hold water. It's similar to what Dr. J. Allen Hynek saw. Stonewalling instead of truth seeking. See, this is how the government uses the skeptic in ufology. It puts out a flare story and immediately the skeptics run to every message board or talk show about U.F.O.'s and say see, here's what happened.

See, "belief" allows you to accept any answer no matter how unreasonable it sounds as long as it satisfies your "belief" system. The "belief" here is U.F.O.'s don't exist therefore every picture,video or sighting must fit into the "belief". There's no logic backing this assumption because the evidence shows that they do exist beyond any reasonable doubt.

We hear, one day we will find out the natural explanation for these things. Again, this highlights "belief". Why can't extraterrestrials be a natural explanation? Why? It's because a "belief" that they don't exist. They could be a million years ahead of us in evolution. They could be from another dimension that's governed by a different set of physics. These are the questions that need to be asked, we need to get passed the question do they exist. We are years behind on studying these things because people can't get funding or they don't dare ask for funding because of the ridicule it may bring. Dr. Kaku says, don't ask these questions until you get tenure.

We could have disclosure amongst the people because if we wait for the governments to diclose these things, the majority of people will accept their spin. This will make ufology part of their control over the masses. If they turn it into a threat, then people who are uneducated on the subject because of dogmatic skepticism will give away their soul in exchange for protection.

“The day Science begins to study nonphysical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all previous centuries of its existence.” NIKOLA TESLA

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join