It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video appears to show US Soldiers stand by as Iraqi soldiers beat suspected insurgents.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Marg, you talk about the "what ifs" as many people do. It doesn't matter what if, it matters what the reality of the situation really is. The reality is, execution of these insurgents was viable given the situation despite if the shoe was on the other foot.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Those insurgents happen to be Iraqis born Iraqis and in Iraqi land.

As sad as it may seen that our nation gets the blame, the truth is . . . that US is after all the occupying force in their land.

Yes just like here in the US we may fight with our lives against an occupying force, so the people in Iraq that are against the occupation.

Funny how different it will be if we were the ones in their shoes.

And what if the insurgents are foreigners? What then? Those same Iraqi soldiers should beat them up too? Or should the American troops should beat the crap out of them?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

And what if the insurgents are foreigners? What then? Those same Iraqi soldiers should beat them up too? Or should the American troops should beat the crap out of them?

Funny that we never get to hear the the other side of the story.

Doesn't that bother you?Which side is Americans protecting now, the shiites? which ones the ones against occupation, the Sunnis? we just made them now the target to the Shiite, yes the emerging elite in power that are all for American money.

So which side are we fighting now?

No wonder they love us in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The rules in Baghdad right now are one AK47 per family and not anything more. No pistols and definetly not mortars for protection for your family. If you have more you are most likely up to no good. And want to cap any number of people. Do you want some calm and peace to come or do you want the mortar dudes helping the whole thing going on?

If someone is found with more magazines and or weapons they are breaking the law and are probably going to get there ass whooped by the police....because the IP (Iraqi Police) is vastly manned by Shiites, (and Sunnis are probably going to suffer the greatest with scores being settled.)
And get extra attention from the Shiite government. Not to mention death squads going around. So I understand the Sunni's being pissed at everybody. The Shiites are just waiting for the USA to leave. And the Sunnis will try to go after anyone. (This is insurgent/whatever you want to insert.)

Busting on the US troops not for intervening on Iraqi police(however violent) is what people that never have been to Iraq and in my opinion are blinded my political dogma.

The whole situation is b.s. because of Bush, but why not go after the Iraqi police for being over violent to suspects? I haven't heard that. That seems more logical.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
As sad as it may seen that our nation gets the blame, the truth is . . . that US is after all the occupying force in their land.

LMAO, so hyporcitical. The Americans weren't beating anyone up, It was the Iraqi army ridding the place of this criminal scum running around shelling market places with mortars.
Hell Marg, even if it were proven that these men had already killed mnay civilains with their mortar, you would still be crying foul. How easy bit is for you to sit back divorced from reality.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Makes no difference, execute them. It happend in WW2 all the time, tehn again there were no embedded reporters to put their own spin on the story for sensationalist headlines. Anything to sell a ew more media ads.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShooterSix
Regensturm, there is a magical place you speak of in Iraq called the “moral high ground.” There is also a case in Iraq called reality.

A moral high ground can still be achieved in that incident. It would have been a microcosm on the bigger scale, but no. It did not happen.

You would have to be absolutely insane to expect ANY different from a people that are very third world, to be trained and act with that classic “moral high ground” that the media and many liberals expect..

Rather patronising and ignorant to say that about Iraqis don't you think?

These “people” you expect to intervene whenever Iraqi forces don’t act accordingly to the delusional Western media are very young adults, 18 – 26 years old. They are outnumbered, tired, and scared. I’m sorry, but all the hardships they are going through, I absolutely do NOT expect them to baby sit the Iraqi forces for punching insurgents traveling with mortars, to harm and or kill you.

And you have argued precisely why those young adults should leave.

Those insurgents had it lucky, if I recall, aren’t hostile forces wearing no uniform or insignia denied the rights supplied by the Geneva convention? They should have been executed, instead they were punched… yet the United States still gets slammed. Amazing.

'They should have been executed'. Wow. Insightful.

Next time US soldiers get ambushed and executed, don't complain how barbaric insurgents are, then.

You propose exactly the same when the shoe is on the other foot.

Fair is fair, apparently.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yep it is amazing to see how people justify this sort of stuff going on.

If it would happen to their own family they want to nuke half the world.

If it happens to arabs it is all fine.

I suppose you can warp anything to fit your war.

You all seem to know what is right and wrong don't you.

Killing in the name of ......

Thats all you can do

Maybe have a look at this

Think you are smart huh ?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Jaaman,

Lets me and you have a test on geographic skills. I will win. I am American Bring it on. I don't need google for my answers and ideas.

Heck I have an 11 year old nephew that knows geography better than you easily. And if you want to test him. I would love to set up two video cams to do this.

So that would means the Dutch are even more dumb then Americans by a youtbue video science study.

I would love to video this to post on Youtube!

I will stand by this offer. Get ready to lose to an 11 year old, and I can post it here on ATS.

You seem to not know what right and wrong is. And see that America is not filled with dummies. You bought the hook that America hates everyone so you can hate us. Look in a mirror.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by sbob]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That is just silly

Just to clear this up, i dont hate americans, in fact i like most of them.

I realy do not like your wars.
I did not post this video in this topic top show that all americans seem stupid, but a lot of people supporting the war don't realy seem to know what they talk about and this video makes that quite clear on some points.

I do not want to get into a contest with you or anyone of your family, i just want you to stop your brutal wars.
They are not good for the rest of the world and not good for americans.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It’s unfortunate you only see one side of the conflict, Western reporters embedded with some American units always trying to show the “brutality” of the coalition forces.

That's the most hillarious thing i ever heard.

First of all, you only see one side of the conflict because you embedded the journalists and only get the troops side of the war, or you stick them in a hotel in the greenzone and they report what you want, god forbid they should freelance.

and despite all this your brutality is still captured on camera, that's because you are brutal, you are brutal all the time. How can such a thing not be captured?

I'd watch this, if i didn't already know things a thousand times worse are happening everyday.

But you know what, the criminal traitor who did the beating is going to hang , oh yes that he will.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Excellent video Jamaan....All those respondants demonstrated the above-average skills required to join the Air-National-Guard and fly A-10's

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Watching the film at around 1min 45 secs you clearly hear an American Voice saying "Execute those mother fu&^%$s"

Perhaps if the camera was not there that is what would have happened.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join