It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video appears to show US Soldiers stand by as Iraqi soldiers beat suspected insurgents.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Link

From the link:

Exclusive: Iraqi army brutality

Published: 24 Jan 2007
By: Jonathan Miller

Channel 4 News has exclusive access to the brutality meted out by the largely Shi'a Iraqi army in Baghdad.

Watch the report

It is a shocking insight into the sectarian violence that is tearing Baghdad apart.

As tens of thousands of American troops prepare to "surge" into the iraqi capital - Channel 4 News has obtained exclusive evidence of the brutality being meted out by the largely Shi'a Iraqi army - as US troops stand idly by.

Two journalists - embedded with the First Cavalry division - witnessed suspected insurgents being viciously beaten and abused.

The journalists were then threatened and held under armed guard by the Americans - as troops attempted to seize their footage.

US Army commander Lieutenant Colonel Dale C Kuehl told Channel 4 News he had taken administrative action to include suspending the platoon sergeant.

He said: "The US Army does not condone detainee abuse within our formation not within ISF formations.

"The appropriate actions will be taken once the results of the investigation are final."

www.channel4.com...

Link

The video can be seen by clicking 'watch the report' when you get to the article page. You will be shown a short advert, then the report itself.

In the video, an American soldier comments on the Iraq soldiers beating of the suspected insurgents as the 'Rodney King Treatment' and 'whooping ass' before saying to the cameraman, an embedded journalist:

"You're not filming this are you?"

Not one American soldier intervenes. Not one.

This is the type of brutality that the neocons tell us this war is about and.....

not one American soldier intervened.

Why?

When a second session of beating takes place, one American soldier half heartedly tries to intervene, telling his fellow American soldiers "I am trying to get them to stop."

The reply?

"Don't be so sensitive."

When a sergeant notices this is being filmed by embedded journalists, he orders the embedded journalists to stop.

He has reportedly now been suspended.

The video also shows overfilling Iraqi hospitals with wounded and dying, no anaesthetic, and a Sunni Iraq threatened with having his tongue cut out and head cut off by a Sunni Iraqi militant group if he does not leave his house and the neighbourhood.

The problem? He is married to a Shia woman. A red cross is painted on his front door, marking him for death.

The neigbourhoods of Baghdad and elsewhere in Iraq are being divided into sectarian areas.

And the Americans, by standing by if not cheering on the beating lashed out by predominantly Shia Iraqi soldiers, may now be evidence to Sunni Iraqis, that the Americans have taken the Shia side of this sectarian war of mutual persecution as well as being a foreign occupier.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It’s unfortunate you only see one side of the conflict, Western reporters embedded with some American units always trying to show the “brutality” of the coalition forces.

Seriously, three Iraqi men were carrying mortars, obviously to fire and KILL American, British, CIVILAN, or Iraqi security forces, or if they were lucky, a combo.

Iraqi security forces beat them up, I saw the video, I didn’t see anything extreme in my eyes, that report is exaggerated.

The article makes it seem like these insurgents are clinging for life as being brutally beaten, please.

I’m just so damn sick of this political correctness stance on everything American.

Want to know what I think is brutality? When these so called “freedom fighters” are sawing off heads of Innocent Iraqi men, women, and children.

Want to know what else I think is brutality? When these “freedom fighters” are cutting off genitals and desecrating bodies of innocent men, women, and children.

Please, being thrown in the back of a humvee head first for carrying weapons to kill Americans, British, and Iraqi soldiers is moot.

If you don’t want to be treated this way? You know what to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Insurgents with mortars, and in civilian clothes with a civilian car. Qualified as execution in my eyes, shouldn't wasted time beating the crap out of them.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree with ShooterSix, the article exaggerated this greatly. Here's the video report.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If we're all hyped up about leaving iraq, then why the heck should soldiers be 'intervening' with the operation of the iraqi army???

Isn't 'intervention' the very issue that is being rejected here? What does it matter if some soldiers stop a couple of guys from being beaten? Once the US leaves, thousands more will be executed.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Didnt we invade and occupy to rid them of violent regimes?
No wait it was WMD's..... or was it alqaeda..
so many lies who can keep up.

BUT they say we are there NOW To bring them safety, secuirty and democracy.
Forgive me, but soliders activley beating up citizens is safe, secure democracy.

In saying that,
If this was a warzone, and the enemy was doing this they are eligable for execution.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

BUT they say we are there NOW To bring them safety, secuirty and democracy. Forgive me, but soliders activley beating up citizens is safe, secure democracy.

They weren't citizens, they were transporting mortars.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShooterSix
It’s unfortunate you only see one side of the conflict, Western reporters embedded with some American units always trying to show the “brutality” of the coalition forces.

Seriously, three Iraqi men were carrying mortars, obviously to fire and KILL American, British, CIVILAN, or Iraqi security forces, or if they were lucky, a combo.

Iraqi security forces beat them up, I saw the video, I didn’t see anything extreme in my eyes, that report is exaggerated.

The article makes it seem like these insurgents are clinging for life as being brutally beaten, please.

I’m just so damn sick of this political correctness stance on everything American.

Want to know what I think is brutality? When these so called “freedom fighters” are sawing off heads of Innocent Iraqi men, women, and children.

Want to know what else I think is brutality? When these “freedom fighters” are cutting off genitals and desecrating bodies of innocent men, women, and children.

Please, being thrown in the back of a humvee head first for carrying weapons to kill Americans, British, and Iraqi soldiers is moot.

If you don’t want to be treated this way? You know what to do.

Bravo!

Exactly what I was thinking... This is FAR from brutality. If anything, it wasn't enough for those bastards.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

BUT they say we are there NOW To bring them safety, secuirty and democracy. Forgive me, but soliders activley beating up citizens is safe, secure democracy.

They weren't citizens, they were transporting mortars.

They are Iraqi's defending there land against a foreign occupier.
Its as simple as that.

If you want to soak up the western media and label them insurgents in there own land, fine.

But I mean jee's..

Country A invades Country B
Country A occupies Country B
Anyone from Country B that resists Country A's illegial occupation is branded an insurgent BY country A.
Country A's people BELIVE this horse CRAP!

If you invade and occupy a foreign land, you have no right to brand there people of that land as illegial fighters.
Being you are DOING SO, shows the extreme illegality of this haneous act.

You wouldnt be fighting natives, if your cause was JUST

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

They are Iraqi's defending there land against a foreign occupier.
Its as simple as that.

they were transporting weapons to kill people. They are not innocent nor are they civilians.

your response is typical for someone who believes what you do. It doesnt matter who's in the right or wrong and you really dont give a damn about the Iraqis either. You just want to see those "arrogant americans" die. Who is the real criminal here?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thats easy,
America!

I mean you did invade occupy and CREATE this situation, which you are name blaming them for.

You should never of been there, the evidence was fraudulent.

They have the right to resist any foreign occupier, yet you kill them when they do so.

Its so f'd up right now, people still blame the iraqi's for the SH1t that is happening.

Question Xphiles

: If your country was invaded and occupied by russia, because MEXICO attacked Russia, would you resist?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Question Xphiles

: If your country was invaded and occupied by russia, because MEXICO attacked Russia, would you resist?

anyone would, but I never said that they shouldnt resist. Your the one saying that we shouldnt resist. We are supposed to just let them attack us and not kill them when they do? whats that all about?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It is indeed a vicious cycle.

But in the end, we are occupying THEIR land.
They have a RIGHT to resist.
We do not.

We arent resisting, we are surpressing.

If you feel its our right to resist simply because they are resisting, then ultimately its still the WESTS fault for being on THEIR LAND, and OCCUPYING their home.

No matter how you look at it, the US is in the wrong, and the IRAQI resistance are doing what any human would.
For anyone to say they are wrong, is confused, or deliberatley ignorant.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Unfortunately, war is dirty play.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

No matter how you look at it, the US is in the wrong, and the IRAQI resistance are doing what any human would.

well, when your right, your right. We should not be there and hopefully we wont be there for much longer. I liked your analogy of russia attacking the US for what mexico did. sadly, it reflectsthe inaccurate intelligencereports at the time.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So the majority of you appear to approve this brutality to 'teach them a lesson'.

Your disregard for human rights because others you are against may choose to do so makes you no better, and your sense of moral high ground is lost.

Because you approve, you stand by.

Regardless whether these people had cut off the heads of people, it does not give an excuse for

A)For people to brutalise them.

B) For people to stand aside, people who were sent in there allegedly to stop brutality.

And if anyone does not find a rifle butt to the back of the neck, or a multiple punching in the face brutality, then I question your logic and state of mind.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If we're all hyped up about leaving iraq, then why the heck should soldiers be 'intervening' with the operation of the iraqi army???

Isn't 'intervention' the very issue that is being rejected here? What does it matter if some soldiers stop a couple of guys from being beaten? Once the US leaves, thousands more will be executed.

Seriously, I thought thats what we all wanted to happen? At least thats what the nightly news constantly reminds me we want and what the Dems promised all their constituents theyd get.

You cant have a group of people screaming "get us out we dont belong there" and have that same group turn around 2 seconds later and demand coalition intervention. This is Malikis country. Not ours. Were only there for support. The way weve been there for the past 3 years. Unless you watch MSNBC. Theyd have you believe that putting our troops in a support role is a grand Democrat idea that has yet to begin because the evil Republicans want to "stay the course." Whatever "staying the course" happens to mean at any given moment as interpreted by any given newsman or politician.

God, I hate politics. It doesnt seem to live by time and place. Rebuilding a country is neither the time nor the place. They did this during reconstruction in the South and it caused the government to abandon the South and in came segregation. Yay! Its nothing new that we're fickel weal and stupid. We just used to hide it better than we have been. We seem to embrace fickelness and weakness in the name of political gain.

Im sure thats real good for the country. Yup, real good.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Didnt we invade and occupy to rid them of violent regimes?
No wait it was WMD's..... or was it alqaeda..
so many lies who can keep up.

Are you kidding, Agit8d, When Saddam did it to them is was bad now our nation is doing it for their own good

We have to beat democracy into them my friend . . . until they either die or get it.

The hypocrisy of our political system is just appaling.

They are actually beating their aceptance to give away their resources to Bush and Cheney.

Nex is Iran and then Venezuela.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by Regensturm

Your disregard for human rights because others you are against may choose to do so makes you no better, and your sense of moral high ground is lost.

Regensturm, there is a magical place you speak of in Iraq called the “moral high ground.” There is also a case in Iraq called reality.

You would have to be absolutely insane to expect ANY different from a people that are very third world, to be trained and act with that classic “moral high ground” that the media and many liberals expect.

These “people” you expect to intervene whenever Iraqi forces don’t act accordingly to the delusional Western media are very young adults, 18 – 26 years old. They are outnumbered, tired, and scared. I’m sorry, but all the hardships they are going through, I absolutely do NOT expect them to baby sit the Iraqi forces for punching insurgents traveling with mortars, to harm and or kill you.

Those insurgents had it lucky, if I recall, aren’t hostile forces wearing no uniform or insignia denied the rights supplied by the Geneva convention? They should have been executed, instead they were punched… yet the United States still gets slammed. Amazing.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Those insurgents had it lucky, if I recall, aren’t hostile forces wearing no uniform or insignia denied the rights supplied by the Geneva convention? They should have been executed, instead they were punched… yet the United States still gets slammed. Amazing.

Those insurgents happen to be Iraqis born Iraqis and in Iraqi land.

As sad as it may seen that our nation gets the blame, the truth is . . . that US is after all the occupying force in their land.

Yes just like here in the US we may fight with our lives against an occupying force, so the people in Iraq that are against the occupation.

Funny how different it will be if we were the ones in their shoes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join