It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is more powerful, Freemasonry or the Illuminati.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
My vote is for Freemasonry for the following reasons. First I think the idea of the "Illuminati" is rediculous and impossible.

But if such an organisation were to exist then they are less likely to be as powerful as Masonry because Masonry is a civil institution which enables countries to communicate to eachother as family rather than individual nations. It's no surprise that the nations which have the strongest sense of Masonry have made easy friends.

Also this fraternity does not draw attention to itself to the point of "power mongering".

If the Illuminati existed those who were very much against them would be sending assassins and anyone else to kill their members - you may say "oh but their members are secret) yeah when a nation such as the US or Russia or the UK or France and Germany want to know something they can figure it out, no matter what. They have the resources.

So Illuminati members' heads would be highly prized thus reducing how much influence they really have.

So I believe Masonry wins this round.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Well, I think Freemasonry wins by default, since the Illuminati doesn't exist, and hasn't since the Bavarian Illuminati something like 250 years ago.

adc

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The Illuminati is the most powerful secret society that isn't a family name or a non human race, i'm quite sure they are still recognised as the Illuminati, but if they are not then under a different name but they have been around for thousands of years. They only started using the name Illuminati about 250 years ago or so.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by adc
The Illuminati is the most powerful secret society that isn't a family name or a non human race, i'm quite sure they are still recognised as the Illuminati,

And you're quite sure of this why? Where did you learn this? Have you ever MET any of them...the Illuminati, that is? Just how powerful are they?

but if they are not then under a different name but they have been around for thousands of years. They only started using the name Illuminati about 250 years ago or so.

Interesting. Got any facts to back that up? I've never heard that they were that old. I'd be interested to know more about it. What records exist to prove their existence beyond Weishaupt's days?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
divide and conquer my fellows and misses, this discussion itself is a diversion, i do not know the full truth of either the masons or the illuminati, but i have no doubt there exisits diverse groups of powerful people, all with there own aims, and our lives are may be influenced by this game of global tug'o'war.
to answer our question we must define what we mean by "power". are we talking physical force, or manipulation of belief?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
When CTers refer to the Illuminati they are usualy referring to the ruling class, which is very real, and a relatively small group. When CTers refer to the NWO they are usualy referring to a concept/plan very similar to globalization.

Of course there are Christian Fundamentalists who peg the Illuminati (Bavarian and not), the freemasons and the NWO as devout followers of Satan. Most CTers I know do not fall into this category.

This being a conspiracy forum, I will assume that FreiMaurer is referring to the Illuminati, as in the secret (and not-so-secret) elite. Not Weishaupt 250+ year old anti-Jesuit endeavors.

I believe that the freemasons have around 6 million members worldwide. The Ruling class is supposedly around 1% of total world population, so they also number around 6 million. The per capita net worth of the average Illuminatus obviously exceeds that of the average Mason, and since they control (or at least influence) most politicians, I would say they are more powerful.

I believe Freemasonry actually benefits society. The Illuminati elite on the other hand usually create charities for tax reasons or to further their own interests.

My apologies to Gen. EYES and Tamahufor massacring the term Illuminati as they have come to respect it in the above post.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Of course there are Christian Fundamentalists who peg the Illuminati (Bavarian and not), the freemasons and the NWO as devout followers of Satan.

Christian fundies peg everyone who doesn't believe as they do "Satanists,"just like the Muslims and Jews do as well.
:shk:

[edit on 25-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

adc

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Originally posted by adc
The Illuminati is the most powerful secret society that isn't a family name or a non human race, i'm quite sure they are still recognised as the Illuminati,

And you're quite sure of this why? Where did you learn this? Have you ever MET any of them...the Illuminati, that is? Just how powerful are they?

but if they are not then under a different name but they have been around for thousands of years. They only started using the name Illuminati about 250 years ago or so.

Interesting. Got any facts to back that up? I've never heard that they were that old. I'd be interested to know more about it. What records exist to prove their existence beyond Weishaupt's days?

Thanks in advance.

Theres no denyting that groups of people have been travelling around the world for thousands of years marking where they have been with symbols: Stonehenge? Carnac?

These groups must obviously be very powerful and knowledgable, and with knowledge comes power, and vice versa, so you can't just loose one or the other one day and what better way to cover your tracks then to change your name every so often?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc
Theres no denyting that groups of people have been travelling around the world for thousands of years marking where they have been with symbols: Stonehenge? Carnac?
These groups must obviously be very powerful and knowledgable, and with knowledge comes power, and vice versa, so you can't just loose one or the other one day and what better way to cover your tracks then to change your name every so often?

Thank you for the factual and obviously well-researched information to back-up the above post.

You're right. There is no denyting it.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc

That's it??? That's the Proof???

Well that's it then. It's all over...

...I'll get my coat.

[edit on 1/25/07 by Trinityman]

top topics

join