It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My house has a ghost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have been living in my house for the past nine years. I haven't seen or heard anything strange. Although I did eventually find out that the owner of the house had died in the house.

Last week a couple of times and last night my four year old was saying to me as he was on the computer messing around on cartoonnetwork.com. He said daddy only "Only one ghost" as he look to the side of him and was telling me this. A few minutes later he again turns to his side saying daddy "he go bye bye". I didn't think much of it.

He keeps seeing I guess the spirit of the deceased guy who died of old age in the house. I asked him do the ghost come over alot "because its a duplex" and he just nodds his head as if he doesn't know.

Last night again he said to me as we were watching tv on nickelodeon and he said again to me "Daddy, only one ghost". I said "yes only one ghost." No more ghost. He nods his head saying yes only one and also showing his finger.

Then he tells me again " daddy he go bye bye".

Kid that young atleast mine doesn't know how to make up stories. Finally this week and last night I have come to the conclusion that there is really a ghost in my house.

Although I did hear stories from my other side of the duplex because my brother and sister in law lives there saying that there have been times when he would get on top of them "I'm thinking that they are just having sleep paralysis all this time". Even their kids age 17 and 24 had experienced it being on top of them. Again, I never believed it and just pretty much thought that it was sleep paralysis.

One time my sister in law told my wife who told me that the ghost even try to grab her feet while she was sleeping. She grabbed the hand and it felt very cold and hairy. My brother "her husband" works the second shift and does not get home till 11:30pm. This happend to her around 9 or so pm while she went to bed.

Again, I still called shens on them. But when my four year old started talking to me and telling me that he see's only one ghost and he go bye bye, I kind of got freaked out a little. Not that I am afraid because I have not seen or heard anything since I have been living here for the last nine years. But it just sometimes gives the creep a little if you hear your son or daughter say something like that.

Will try to talk to my kid tonight to see if he tell me if the spirit is a good spirit. I dont care as long as we all can live happily, I have no care in the world if there is a ghost or not in my house.

Thanks for listening.

By the way can a camera pickup a ghost image if I was to have some camcorder around my living and when my son starts telling me that he sees him again.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by invalidiuser]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Interesting indeed,did you teach him the word ghost or did that just come by itself?,should use a recorder and while talking to your son see if you pick up an evp.If us adults can only start seeing and thinking like a child does,why do children see appirations where we fail,cause children won't try and catch them or "hurt" them ??,i mean if i see a "ghost" some exorcism/cleaning/chasing will be taking place straight away.

I remember my children still being babies always looking at somethings just in the air looking up where we could not figure out to as what they are looking at and "googling" about,i have tried taking pics when it happened but i have never found nothing "out of this world" or any proof...but then i never really had the technology and camera phones which we carry on us non stop or they always there when needed.

I'll be back to see and read on more about "only one ghost" ..

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sounds interesting,

May be time to start looking into it a little more,

1, you really should keep a log of any happenings, and ask family members also to keep note, It may show a pattern,

I would try the camera thing, though don't expect to much.. Its worth snapping away when your child says, take some pics of your child when he seems to be talking about them, Never know what it will show,

Do you notice anything yourself? Cold/warm places? odd smells ? do things go missing in your place more often than you think is "Normal"

Just a few things to ponder,

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
wow - sounds like the folks next door are having a hoot with this thing!

well, im an amateur exorcist and i have quelled and communicated with many types of astral entities, including deceased residents. trust your son. kids are great barometers for spirit presence.. as well the spirit is drawn to the childs aura. one thing is to not have fear, that is the beginning of the end. this fear becomes an immediate anchor for them in our world and generally it tends to mount up as time goes by. you should, after your son is asleep, acknowledge the entity(by name if you know it) in the room where your son has seen it. showing the entity that you recognize them and are not afraid is the first step... seeing them along is a different matter. there are many ways that ancient and primitive societies quell unruly or restless ghosts but the most easily effective modern remedy I have found is lighting a candle for them. go to the store and buy a basic white vase candle.. they sell them at most grocery stores for a dollar or two. you should light the candle when confronting the spirit and let the candle burn until it goes out. this is a method for a normal, restles spirit.. demonic or violent entities may need more and this is what it sounds like it's feeding on next door.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just talked to my son last night and he said the the spirit lives on the other side where my brother is living. I guess it comes over from time to time and that is why we have not experieced that much like my brother and sister in law who has all the haunting as I mentioned above

I also asked him if he is a good or bad ghost and unfortunately he said that the ghost is a bad ghost. He looks like a monster according to my son when I asked him if he was good or bad.

I think he use to live on the other side before he died and is probably pissed that there is someone living there.

I never experienced any cold spots, stuff moving or any bad thing so far.
Nothing gets misplaces, moved or cold spots on the other side where my brother lives either but just from what I explained up there.

I hate asking too much questions about this to my brother and sister in law because I want to act as if there is nothing and all this is just an illusion that they are telling me.

So for now I think I will just keep quiet until I myself or my wife and kids actually experience something bad. But as long as he does not harm anyone I just want to act as if there is nothing going.

Any ideas on how to not piss him off but get rid of him? Telling him that the house has been sold and that he should go on to a better place?

[edit on 24-1-2007 by invalidiuser]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Crystals are helpfull in just keeping you protected, may be worth just having one in your childs room,

And you may want to look in to smudging,

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
To your question to rid this spirit..there are "a lot' of ways but that's up to what you believe in,God or if so using other methods,myself as a Christian will do an exorcism with help as i only started in Spiritual Warfare,there are so so many other religions/beliefs and ways that they chase/exorcise the spirit/demon ..as explained above with the candle,i have never heard of doing it that way but sure people do things they believe that work and so it will as they follow procedures and know how to deal with spirits in their teachings.

What mentioned though by kronos11 by calling the spirit by it's name is so true even the way i have learned,they cannot lie to you as you as human have been given all authority over spirits,esp bad ones/demons.To chase him out your place/side is the only option as it's been communicating with your 4yr old.It is up to you who you need to contact where you will feel comfy to deal with,for me it is wrong to force my Christian way on anyone as although i am a Christian i do not believe or follow organized religion where Christianity are always to blame for cause of man made churches/groups,but if you need info i am willing to provide all i can to get that one away from your son..one thing do know and believe as a child your son is the "most" protected esp at that age,still for your family's safety and so your brother and his family which has been getting it rough.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Crystals are helpfull in just keeping you protected, may be worth just having one in your childs room,

True but please remember with crystals they are only amplifiers of energy so if your intent is to cleanse your house of this presence then that is what it will do but it must first be cleansed and programmed. Cleansing can be done by running the stone under cold tap water for 30-60 seconds or smudging with some resin incense or sage. The crystal will amplify what it "sees" or is in the presence of. For example: when you are putting your son to bed, this would likely be a special time and thus the crystal would reflect that loving energy but there are sometimes when children don't want to go to bed or act out and are sent to their room for "timeout" this is when the crystal would absorb negative emotions so just keep in mind to keep the crystal clean. But as the previous poster noted, your son would generally be very "protected" at this age.

By the way, using the candle is just one way to quell a spirit. This spirit will not likely go to the "other side" with just a candle or any other quick fix being that he died naturally in the house it is likely he's tied up in the house somehow. So until the house is demolished or you got an A class exorcist in there he can only be placated. Just my opinion though.. im an amature.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
invalid, that is truely and incredible story.

I have heard alot of people who have had similar occurences, and I have found that most of the time they do infact have some type of ghost! This is VERY cool!

Has this ghost ever caused the other side any problems? If not, it may indicate that this spirit is in fact harmless, as a majority of them are.

No matter what, it's important to remember that you shouldn't fear this thing, and you should try to learn as much about it as possible, which from what I can tell you are doing.

It would be useful to set up a camera, passive IR motion alarms, ect..perhaps you could actually catch something on tape.

Best of luck, and please keep us updated!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Thanks guys for listening to me on my situation.
The haunting just happens from time to time on the other side where my brother lives. It doesn't happend every night or all the time according to my brother that I spoke to a while back when he kind of mentioned it to me a little (Which I did not really want to listen to when he was telling me about it.)

It hasn't really caused any really damaged, moved stuff around, made noises or anything bad. All they are experiencing is the ghost getting on top of them and holding them down or touching them. But again, I have not yet to experienced it myself so I just got bits and pieces of information from my wife who told by my sister in law and their two kids. But will get more information.

My brother did also mentioned to me one story about my nephews friend and the friends encounter. Again, I try not to believe everything people tell me untill I have experienced it myself but I will just tell you what my brother told me.

My brother told me a story about my nephew's friend who experience the ghost following him home to his house. This one night my newphew brought a few of his friends over to the house. They were kicking back talking and somehow the subject got changed into ghost and one of my nephew's friends got scared. After leaving, the friend that got scared kind of sensed something following him out to his car. According to the friend, he also sensed something riding in the car with him. (I think the ghost is feeding off of his fear and that was why it followed the only person that was scared home. Just a guess but I could be wrong.)

He got home and went to sleep and can still sense that there is something there that followed him from my newphews house. That night, again, according to the friend, the ghost got on top of him while he was sleeping. (I would of called shens on his story and said that he is having sleep paralysis issues and should not worry about it because there are also alot of people with that sort of problem if I did not believe that my house has a ghost.) He freaked out so bad that he turned on the lights and tv and could not go to sleep. He got so scared that he bowned not to ever come back to the house. (Although he did eventually come back and hang out with my nephew, he still gets scared whenever coming over).

This is one other story that my nephew's friend mentioned to my nephew and brother the next day that he experienced. My brother straight out told him that he also believes that there is a spirit on the side of the house that they are living in because they have been experiencing it also every so often also.

So I guess ghost can sense when a human is vunerable and feed off the fear. Like alot of you said above that you should not be scared or fear of paranormal stuff. It seems to me that the more you fear it, the ghost feeds more off of you then anyone else that is not scared.

So, It seems that it only comes out whenever it wants to. As much as I don't want to find out anymore information about it because it kinda creeps me out when talking about paranormal stuff (I just want to play dumb as if nothing is going on. Sure wish that this wasn't my house that I am talking about. But, unfortunately it is.
) I will talk to my brother this weekend to see if they are still experiencing any bad things and also try to drop a one or two questions here and there to my son because I don't want to scare him.

Will keep you guys updated as I find out more information.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by invalidiuser]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
great approach.. use your best instinct in all cases and if it's telling you to ignore then that is fine. this most times very effective if you were living alone but unfortunately there are other people there who could be feeding it (being that it is a duplex). i mean i hate to say this but in many cases an active ghost can be the result of something as odd as a teenager who is addicted to masturbation or something like that... what im saying is you can never know where the ghost is getting its energy from. also ghosts can gather energy from dirty spaces in your house so a thorough cleansing of your corners is a sure fire way to keep them at bay. the reason why it is appearing to your son, despite not really having the ability to harm or scare him because of his age, is that it is easier for small children to see them. it is very, very rare for something like the sleep paralysis to happen to small children. These parents have more license to act out as we enter adolescence and beyond b/c of circumstances we open ourselves to their "touch" - it has to do with karma. i know im laying down a lot but i have found all of these methods, among a myriad of others to be HIGHLY successful. good luck and keep us posted....

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
great approach.. use your best instinct in all cases and if it's telling you to ignore then that is fine. this most times very effective if you were living alone but unfortunately there are other people there who could be feeding it (being that it is a duplex). i mean i hate to say this but in many cases an active ghost can be the result of something as odd as a teenager who is addicted to masturbation or something like that... what im saying is you can never know where the ghost is getting its energy from. also ghosts can gather energy from dirty spaces in your house so a thorough cleansing of your corners is a sure fire way to keep them at bay. the reason why it is appearing to your son, despite not really having the ability to harm or scare him because of his age, is that it is easier for small children to see them. it is very, very rare for something like the sleep paralysis to happen to small children. These parents have more license to act out as we enter adolescence and beyond b/c of circumstances we open ourselves to their "touch" - it has to do with karma. i know im laying down a lot but i have found all of these methods, among a myriad of others to be HIGHLY successful. good luck and keep us posted....

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I like your plan of action invalid.

I would think if the ghost was actually a bad one, it would have tried to do something "evil" by now. Maybe your son thought it was "bad" because of the way the media generally associates ghosts/spirits with danger and misdeeds. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Another interesting thread here ,I think some movie producers have viewed some of the stories here at ATS.Seems there's a new movie coming to movie theateres called "messengers".There is much similarity to many stories I read here about young children able to see ghosts in their house.Looks like a good movie to check out.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Have you seen Valhalla's mega thread? It also deals with a haunting. You'll probably find it very interesting...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm relatively new to this site and I too have dealt with a haunted house with a previously dead owner. As a kid, I saw lot of frightening things, but It never harmed me. My late Grandmother was a great spiritual advisor...I miss her ;(

I use to sleep with my right arm hanging by the bed, but something would grab it and hold on until I awoke. My Grandmother said it was trying to get attention and told me not to be scared, but if it happens again let it know that you don't like it andtell it to stop. Needless to say it happened again that night and I did what I was told. From then on until we moved, I was never grabbed again. But that didnt stop the entity from letting me know it was around.

Our cabinets use to open and close, but my family paid it no attention. At night, our pots and pans would rattle but when we turned on the lights all sounds stopped and everything was in order. We acknowledged that we had a presence but we let it know that we were staying. As for kids...my brother had a little girl and she would see a old man, but we couldn't. She would way "Mr. Rob is watching us." and we'd sarcastically respond "Whats up, Rob."

Heres my take on entities. Only wicked non-human entities torment kids. The spirits already know that they're damned to eternal punishment, so they have nothing to lose and will torture until Judgment Day.

Human entities attach themselves to kids or whoever is willing (kids have no free will at a young age. They're carefree) as a medium to help them figure out why they cant reach a higher plain. Usually that means they've done something malicious in life that theyre afraid to rest for fear of being punished to hell. Even in death we have the freedom of choice. We can either roam (the unrest) or we can sleep (rest).

Your son is in good hands though. He's pure in heart at that age and his Guardian Angel will intervene if evil is near. As we age, we lose that purity. But thats probably why the ghost wont touch your son. I'm not telling you to milk your son for all its worth, but next time ask your son to get his name and why is he here. With that info, you can let the ghost know that he has passed and has to move on. Real Exorcist will only come out if the ghost proves to be wicked and life threatening. Or you can take my broke/cheap parents route and call him a "roommate". (LOL, tax write off for the "disabled" lol)

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Judaz_Escariot]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
o my mum said that childs and babys can see ghosts but as they get older they cant see them anymore

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Get your kid to draw a picture? I dont know if that would add anything but might give it a shot! Also get a description so you can maybe match it to the previous occupant. If correct then you could confirm this is actually happening.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Several years ago, several months after my grandfather died, my sister was over at our cousin's house having dinner with her and her husband and they have two small children. He's in the military and it was a small house, the dining and living room were the same. The adults were eating and the oldest who was about 2 at the time was on the floor playing and all of a sudden they noticed that she was staring up at the couch and laughing and smiling. They asked her what she was looking at and she pointed to the couch and said Pop Pop, Pop Pop. They were freaked out over that, but I believe children have the ability to see things that we can't and they eventually outgrow it.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I dont' know if you're going to read this message but it's not surprising a young child is seeing the spirit because spirits can be seen by young people since they aren't told not to believe in such things etc. Perhaps the ghost doesn't know he is dead and not to move on. That happens more often than people think. I suggest you look for a medium or someone who knows how to do cleansing. If you're having trouble finding either I suggest buying sage and asking a New Age shop owner about using it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join