It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wheres the last Picture??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
the Russians in 1988 sent two probes to Mars moon Phobos cause they were interested in the irregular orbital patterns,which led many to believe Phobos was hollow or artificial. The first probe did not make it but the second did make it to Mars and on its way to the moon Phobos took pictures of a cylindrical-shape shadow on the surface of Phobos.Shortly after that the probe was destroyed.Its final picture sent back to Russia has been deamed too sensitive to release to the public..othodox Russian priests were asked to go to the Phobos 2 control centre in Moscow to discuss the pictures received.. what where are these pictures?????

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KLSyesca
the Russians in 1988 sent two probes to Mars moon Phobos cause they were interested in the irregular orbital patterns,which led many to believe Phobos was hollow or artificial. The first probe did not make it but the second did make it to Mars and on its way to the moon Phobos took pictures of a cylindrical-shape shadow on the surface of Phobos.Shortly after that the probe was destroyed.Its final picture sent back to Russia has been deamed too sensitive to release to the public..othodox Russian priests were asked to go to the Phobos 2 control centre in Moscow to discuss the pictures received.. what where are these pictures?????

Hey???

have not heard this before, pecially about the priests etc.

you got a source for this info?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i got it out of a conspiracy files book by daivd Southwell and Sean twist love these books published 2004...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I believe the show Sightings did a report on it,when it was still on the air.But I to remember something about the probe taking pictures and mysteriously loosing contact with the probe.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is a link I found with the supposed last picture.Its grainy and very little detail.If you do a google or yahoo search you can find out about it.

www.informantnews.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by othello
Here is a link I found with the supposed last picture.Its grainy and very little detail.If you do a google or yahoo search you can find out about it.

www.informantnews.com...

Hm... I've read about this story some time ago, but the picture in that article was not the one I saw. It did look like there was some sort of eliptical object in the last frame, but who knows what. If I remember correct, the sattelite made it fine all the way to Phobos until it turned to lign up the camera. It was then 'shot down' according to some sources. I believe that what they could tell from the instruments were that it was spinning out of control, as if something had struck it.

Phobos 2 went into orbit around Mars and was able to study the planet and its moon for two months, but never had a chance to release its two landers. The fatal moment came when a command was sent to take photographs of the Martian moon. In order for the spacecraft to turn its camera toward Phobos, it had to turn its antenna away from Earth. When it was time for the spacecraft to return its signal, there was silence. It is assumed that a computer malfunction left Phobos 2 unable to rotate back to the correct position to communicate with Earth, but the exact cause of the failure was never determined.
athena.cornell.edu...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
DrLeary,
I to remember this story awhile ago.I think someone would have covered it more.I do remember when it was shown on tv that they said there was a final transmittion/picture.You think with Russia's openness with ufo's now that the final picture would of been found or shown.I have more thoughts on this matter but i will address them at a later time since I have to get to work.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This is what gets me about the phobos 2 last photo.Almost every Ufo story has been researched and talked about and written about been on tv etc.This one strangely hasn't.It might of back in the early 90's but not now.Russia is pretty open now with there ufo files and pictures.So far I don't think any photos from phobos 2 has been presented given out from the russian ufo experts.They even had a couple specials on the russian ufo's and nothing from phobos 2.This leads me to believe that it was just a technical problem/computer problem or that last photo sent was one heck of a picture.I like to lean towards the one heck of a picture.
Hmm we have lost I believe 2 probes ourselves and russia 1 maybe there is something strange going on near mars.The cylinder was suppose to be around 15 km or miles long.It kind of resembles the craft John Lear was saying was around saturn just some food for thought.I wonder if John Lear has any thoughts on this.

top topics

join