It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World or is It??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well im bored and was letting my mind wonder.....well lets say that the bible is true and that it really is going to be the end of the world sometime. Well when the bilble was written so many years ago we didnt know much about the world. To them the world was the area in which they lived. They thought the world was flat and only knew about the middle east area. Well today as we know the world is round and quite a bit larger then what early people thought. Lets just say that the end of the world would be a nuclear holicust and that in a sense would mean just the middle east gets completely destroyed. Judgeing by today taht looks like it could very well happen. Does anyone else think that maybe this could happen???

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think the business leader's of the world have decided that because of the risk involved in taking over the world, there profit would be substantial. In fact one government in capitalism, mean's that only one entity is controlling the restriction's on business practices. All they have to do is pass a bill for allowing Monopoly's and we will all end up with chip's in our arm's because they're so wealthy that they own the government system. When the business leader's achieve their objective to make a one very laizafaire government body that will allow monopoly's and turn the world into a machine pumping out space projects for NASA and emphasizing some of the budget on a tazzer happy Police force, and then putting the workers in one part of the world and not allowing them to travel by air, saying that airplanes are to big a threat, and we should stay in our own places where we live effectively taking our freedom's away even more by saying there's a fake threat out there. And then when they militarize space, the alien's will take this as a direct threat because they have asked us not to militarize space and remove all types of machinery that are a threat in the space part of the galaxy. So were gonna be taken over by alien's, we will be pillaged and raped. But hey everyone's getting laid!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Actually it was common knowledge the world was round about 2500 yrs ago, so the Bible writers didn't think it was flat. Also world travel was pretty common then, so they probably would have had more knowledge of the world than just the middle east...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Mass paranoia is a funny thing -

If enough people believe something to be true, they have a funny way of manifesting it everywhere they look.

But I will agree with you - there are a lot of pro-death memes running rampant out there just about everywhere you look.

Personally - I choose not to play into the end times game.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thoughts ARE indeed 'things.' What we think will manifest in materiality later on.

However - a whole world populated by very similar but ultimately diverse thoughts is a world of chaotic thought.

TWO souls thinking the VERY same EXACT thought - even if totally different from all the rest in all ways - will still bring their 'lone' idea into being far ahead of the rest of the world's chaotic fears.

And it is done. Done is done.
Watch & see!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
every single generation of people think they might be the "last" and see end times.....we are no diffrent.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
That's true--people have been predicting the end of the world for years--so far I'm happy to say, they have been 100% wrong!!

Still--if you have people with the means and the will to make it happen--who knows?? It's only been during the past 60 years or so that we have had the technology to literally blast the world into bits, thanks to the atomic bomb. Which is now--or soon will be--in the hands of some very scary people.

And I agree that the more people "believe" in all this "End Times" malarkey, the likelier it is that some idiot will "make it happen".

ANOK, I have to say--great avatar LOL! (One of the few chances you get to see Cheney and Rumsfeld actually laughing!!!)

As for "What would an Anarchist Society look like?".....maybe IRAQ???

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
do you guys think the current 'world' is a good one?

a positive one?
a safe place to raise healthy smart families?

or is there room for improvement?

perhaps the end of the world 'as we know it' is basically the beginning of a world we have not imagined because it is the opposite of all this one is...

no war
no hate
no rape
no racism
no senseless violence
no hunger
no divisions
no suicides
no regrets
no impossible choices

think positive

i am an idiot who does and i hope i am the idiot that helps make it happen

for the good of us all and our planet
we've got to live somewhere
and we've got to live better than dying and fearing and hating

no bombs
just positive change
and confidence in ourselves to do good for eachother
instead of thinking the only other possibility to consistent imperfect misery is total destruction and worse war than we've already come through....

7000 years of daily wars somewhere in the world

THESE times NEED to change or there will be no reason to even have TIME

think about it
do something about it

dare to be an idiot!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think the Christian end-time does see it as being 'the world' as they understood it, all people's etc
Good question though because why should it be limited to our planet?
we're just a tiny part of the universe, so either it's a universal end or it's limited in time/space to our world.

But for me 'the end time' has an immanance to it, that the world could become good overnight is something no government would want us to believe so they keep a tight lid on it

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
the end described in the bible, is the transition from one time period to the next. every 2000 years or so, we go through a transition.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
that all time would end or something to that effect is what it says

that means freedom from our perceived mortality as defined by linear time.

memory is the other thing that makes us think we are mortal but without time what is memory other than self?

The end of this age means hell will be gone and we will realize just how crazy we are thinking right here and now afraid of change.

This is the worse age man has endured because we've died and died and died because we forget that death is not a condition but part of the cycle of life.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
the end described in the bible, is the transition from one time period to the next. every 2000 years or so, we go through a transition.

Simple question... why did you pick 2000 years, apart from the fact that it's nice to imagine a change happening about now?

What gets transition happened in 2000BC? 4000BC?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
What is with all these end of the world scenario? Human history is a blip on a monkeys pixel nose.

Is this the end of N'sync, now that is a more relevent question to ponder.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
good grief i sure hope so, don't you?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am married to the author of Evil. I don't know you so i know it is hot air.

BE nice or be silent is a courtesy thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by parkinsonscowboy
every single generation of people think they might be the "last" and see end times.....we are no diffrent.

that's exactly why the major prophets Ezekiel, Daniel, in the Old Testament,
and why the apocalyptic epistle of Revelations were voted on to be in the New Testament, of the Bible.

a lot of subjective symbology, gives each preacher a believable toehold for their spin
each Book of 'end time'/'return of Christ', prophecy was intentionally written to obscure an identifiable timeline reference point, making the forward looking 'visions' forever 'meaningful' to each generation of reader....

this type of writing is portrayed as "the Living Word", because the messages can be adapted to most each & every event in our lives and
on the larger stage of history in-the-making, ...
Prophecy & prophetic interpetations are "Dynamic"...

whereas, other powerful writings...like Shakesperes' are merely "Timeless"
?~? notice the status & authority one characterization has over the other?!

the earlier Pagan religions, had observable 'cycles'
but the more sophisticated Christian prophetic books rely on internalized, infered 'cycles'...and 'endings'

at least that's the way i see 'em

[edit on 4-2-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
time is always changing wheather it be the beginning or the end or somewhere in between or all at once. think of it as a blanket thats all balled up but laid out flat at the same time with no boundaries within either form. Different parts of the blanket will touch different parts of the blanket at different times therefore in different places around the world (in our stitch of the fabric) at different times there are bound to be cataclysmic events "unfolding" or not at any apparent point. So if i may answer this question with my personal opinion it would be that yes the end times are upon us in a physical third dimensional scence but there is much more than meets the "eye" or observer for we can not analyze everything at once and somewhere in the last part of that scentence was a subliminal "no" to the question. Am i nutz?

new topics

top topics

join