It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozzie Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies guys,

I hope you may pass it on to your firends and aquatances in the states and inform them of how we are being and have been shafted here. Our shafting will hopefully educate you guys there to see what is going on when it happens.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by shooterbrody
Way above vote for you Melbourne. Thank you all for taking the time to provide information on this subject. I also believe factions are at work worldwide to create a one world government. I do not think this will be able to happen, at least in the U.S., if the general population has access to firearms. I think all this information will be usefull to joe average american citizen so this type of blatent manipulation will be seen for what it really is.

Do you REALLY believe joe average citizen either in the US or Australia for that matter cares that much or thinks that much about the possible consequences?

I never cease to be amazed at the apathy and disinterest. I guess people like those behind the NWO are counting on that. Keep interest elsewhere like wars in Iraq, global warming etc and pray that the millions do not wake up before it is too late.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am also disheartened at the apethy I see. I thought a little education about your situation may help when issues like that arise here.

The only way we can get "joe average" to pay attention is to keep trying

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The challenge is to achieve an equal share of voice. Very difficult with the media we have and the practice we have to knock or debunk ideas. Those who need educating and who need to wake up by and large are not the type of people who frequent places like ATS. I do agree however we have to keep trying. If we change make up one person that is better than none.

Maintain the faith..

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yep... it certainly sucks. Can always just make a bow though... very easy to do, and a lot cheaper. Does the job fine.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You know that sucks but at least if a firearm becomes illegal or legistlated there is a option for a buy back. Canada no such luck. When C-68 came into affect and your firearm become illegal well then tuff luck jack. You get nothing. No Compensation. So people lot thousands of dollars worth of firearms.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The 'inside job' theory for port arthur is interesting.

As a Tasmanian, im interested in where the evidence for this is.... ive heard of the idea, but no one down here gives it much cred, appart from people who find conspiracies in everything.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just been reading some links provided, and a few other things.

Depending on what you read, some important things seem to contradict each other.

One article will say police were lured away, just before the shooting and took ages to get there, another will say 2 police arrived within minutes, and more arrived shortly after.

One article will say there were no reliable enough witnesses to confirm it was Bryant shooting or not, and yet some were obviously reliable enough to confirm how he was shooting, which hand he was shooting from, and that it all only took 19 seconds.

Take some other things and give them a bit of a tweak to make it look wierd...

Federal police were on the scene quickly....they must have known - or maybe its their job to react quickly to things like this.

When Bryant was finally apprehended he claimed he was the hostage - because no one would ever try that would they?

The government reacted quickly with anti-gun legislation, clearly they had it all planned well before - because things never happen quickly after tragic events... I could make the point similar things happened after 9/11, but I guess some people would only say I'm proving their point.

He has a low IQ, so he'd be too silly to do.... - well, anything you like, to help make whatever point you're making.

Unsworth's comment was prophetic, he was cluing us in, 10 years in advance - Of course, using Tasmania, the quiet sleepy little place, as the example of where something tragic would have to happen, before people took notice couldn't just be a comment to be taken at face value.
He couldnt just be making a point that if someone went crazy in Cabramatta, no one would think twice, but in Tassie it'd be a wake up call.

Some people claim the shooter looked nothing like Bryant - But if the eye witnesses that saw him shooting are too unreliable to use, why can we use this as evidence?

Its another one of those events, that make us realise that people can be bastards. we dont like to admit that if someone can do something like that, then perhaps theres a small part, deep inside all of us, that could 'go off'... that we have the potential to do something like this.

No one wants to admit it, so obviously theres something else to it...its a government conspiricy... thats much better.
the government kills people secretly all the time. its a bit of a bugger, but its not 'me'.

Interesting theory though.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There is a lot of evidence to suggest that Martin Bryant wasn't capbale of commiting the crime in question, nothing to do with conspiracy just plain fact and some logic. I have attached just three articles for you. There are many more.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Manipulated my ass. No one was Manipulated. And why does the average 'Austrailian Steve' need a gun?

Renember between 1991 and 2001, the number of firearm related deaths in Australia has declined 47%. Or would you rather have hundreds of people dead, for 'gun rights'?

How do gun laws, almost 10 years ago, have anything to do with New World Order?

[edit on 31-1-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Renember between 1991 and 2001, the number of firearm related deaths in Australia has declined 47%. Or would you rather have hundreds of people dead, for 'gun rights'?

How do gun laws, almost 10 years ago, have anything to do with New World Order?

Could you give me a link from where you got those stats as they mean very little without seeing how they were devised.

The New World Order isn't something that has only just sprung up it has been around for a long time, so if you subscribe to the theory that they exist then it has every thing to do with gun laws.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I believe the rise of the NWO has alot to do with gun control laws. An unarmed populace is one that the government can run roughshod over. The reason the 2nd ammendment was put in the U.S. constitution was so the people could stop a dictator from taking power. In the U.S. the 2nd ammendment is the last check on our government. With a standing army(which most of the founding fathers of the constitution were against),and no 2nd ammendment the people would be at the mercy of the government.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Manipulated my ass. No one was Manipulated. And why does the average 'Austrailian Steve' need a gun?

How do gun laws, almost 10 years ago, have anything to do with New World Order?[edit on 31-1-2007 by PisTonZOR]

Perhaps you would be well served to do a little more research before you send off broadsides. Gun related deaths have declined (that is a fact) however the major shift has been in the area suicides.

The discussion isn't so much about gun rights it is about 'rights' in general. Disarm the population and you have control (more control) over the population and that is the link to the New World order. It is also about the methods used to 'disarm' the population - that is 'framing' someone who was in a postion to protect themselves. That is the real crime.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The New World Government will be based in Australia, at our new Parliament house.

Look at the size of it.

Makes sense because of our huge land and low population and isolation.

They want us disarmed so when it does happen we will be helpless.

Pity hardly anything got handed in.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Thanks for your replies guys,

I hope you may pass it on to your firends and aquatances in the states and inform them of how we are being and have been shafted here. Our shafting will hopefully educate you guys there to see what is going on when it happens.

Cheers

Holy $hit what is going on here - What a slap in the face is this one:

Buyback guns in the hands of outlaws

A NETWORK of firearms dealers has rorted the $600 million national guns buyback scheme, and weapons supposedly destroyed years ago have resurfaced in criminal hands in NSW.

Check it guys: Sydney Morning Herald News 10 February 2007

Makes me really wonder how this leaked out --> Someone has lots to answer

As a SSAA member and legal Gun owner I feel sorry for the guys who had to hand in their firearms: WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE

( Melbourne_Militia you might like to start a new threat with this one - this is your material
)

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Manipulated my ass. No one was Manipulated.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by PisTonZOR]

V3ry easy to get manipulated:

The Heist was shown on 4 January 2006 at 21:00, on Channel 4. In the show, Derren Brown used his skills on selected participants who answered an ad. "Under the guise of a motivational seminar" (where they would allegedly learn Derren Brown's skills) Brown eventually got participants to rob a security van - in what was ultimately an elaborate set up. The robbery involved holding up a security van and guard (who was an actor) with a toy gun Derren had earlier given them, and taking a case filled with real money from him. Four people were selected to carry out the robbery from an initial field of thirteen, with three of them actually taking the cases. The idea was that after the conditioning they received, they would voluntarily rob the van of their own accord (which three out of four of them did). There was no mention of the 'crime' to the participants, and they were not (directly) instructed to do it. The three that did it did so as a result of the conditioning and their own choice, not instructions from any third party including Derren.

If you wanna watch it: Download Torrent

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I hear where your coming from snowman, I too am a SSAA meber and do it all by the book. It really is a shame how so many legal firearm owners had to give back their guns, that was bad enough but to have those very same guuns that were supposed to have been destoyed showing up again in criminal hands is a farce, it is totaly unacceptable. The government was in charge and control of this scheme and this incident should and must bring on a Royal Commision and investigation into how these firearms resurfaced in criminal hands.

What next? Are they going to pin a murder on the owner of a firearm that was returned 10 years ago, just because it resurfaced again in the wrong spot at the wrong time?

Cant wait till this government gets voted out, they kiss the ass of the NWO in a very big way

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Cthulwho,

The following is quoted from Wikipedia from the link you posted above -

In Australia, conflict over gun politics is related to cultural tensions. Many Australians use firearms for hunting, the control of feral animals, and target shooting. Low levels of violent crime through much of the 20th century kept levels of Government concern about firearm ownership low. However, in the last two decades, following rising activism and a series of mass killings, both State and Federal Governments have enacted more restrictive firearms legislation.

Could someone please refresh my memory of where the "series of mass killings" came from? For from what I remember, it was just the one in Tasmania. Bit funny hiw they wrote that I reckon.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Could someone please refresh my memory of where the "series of mass killings" came from? For from what I remember, it was just the one in Tasmania. Bit funny hiw they wrote that I reckon.

Hoddle street would be one I can think of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join