It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is your love natural, or is it enhanced by commercial human pheromones???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro
About a year ago I say a discovery channel special about this. Scientist did a study where they sent a woman into a bar when she wasnt ovulating and she didnt get hit on but they sent her back when she was ovulating and men found her irresistable LOL.

w0w...

that is very interesting...

Also, even though it is possible to isolate human pheremones, how do you know that is what you are really buying?

good point...

i guess it is a trust thing

apc

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Regarding that ovulating reaction study, it should be noted that we know for a fact males respond to physical cues from women in ovulation. These cues are what makeup attempts to duplicate, primarily blush and lipstick. So the conclusion that the reaction is due to ovulation pheromones can not be certain without at least ruling out the physical indicators.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Regarding that ovulating reaction study, it should be noted that we know for a fact males respond to physical cues from women in ovulation. These cues are what makeup attempts to duplicate, primarily blush and lipstick. So the conclusion that the reaction is due to ovulation pheromones can not be certain without at least ruling out the physical indicators.

Yes that is true however, the part of the study where they used isolated spary on pheromones was designed to test the pheremone hypothesis. So in that part of the experiment they came back with the same results but she was not in fact ovulating which rules out the physical cues.

However, as with all medical studies I can probably find evidence to the contrary as well LOL Even in science things are never black and white. Im sure in acuality attraction is caused by a nubmer of different things working in harmony. Just like alot of other human responsees.

<< 1   >>

join