It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christian"/Zionists Push for war with Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I haven't become unglued about anything, nor am I elitist. Considering the fact that conservatives tend to favor the status quo and that the Republican party has traditionally favored the wealthy and liberals and Democrats have generally stood up for the working and middle classes and the little man... to claim that we are elitist is really very funny.

Be all that as it may be it has nothing to do with this thread, the alternet article was written by an author, Sarah Posner, who is working on a book about TV preachers meddling in politics, and that is the real issue on this thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I haven't become unglued about anything, nor am I elitist. Considering the fact that conservatives tend to favor the status quo and that the Republican party has traditionally favored the wealthy and liberals and Democrats have generally stood up for the working and middle classes and the little man... to claim that we are elitist is really very funny.

Oh please ... Are you claiming that the leadership of the democrat party such as kennedy, boxer and pelosi are poor? Or were you trying to claim that it was the supporters of the democrat party such as soros (billionaire) or the hollywood types that are poor? Democrats have never "stood up" for any of those groups. They just duped them into giving the dems their block (as in the leader of the group (such as the unions) tells the members how to vote) votes. Oh, and as a member of the middle class, all I ever got from dems were tax hikes. And wait, there's the often ignored fact that many of these Christians you are railing against would also be considered poor and even "little men" by the dems and libs if they could just get them to vote for them. But alas, they think for themselves.

Oh, and the elitist label comes from the very fact that dems/libs even think there is such a thing as "the little man" that needs your (as in the government knows best for you) benevolent guidance and well wishes.

So, back to the topic. It is an often used dem/lib tactic to pick out an American group to demonize for the purpose of deflecting interest away from real issues. "Evangelical Christians" are viewed as having cost the dems the last few elections, so they are now in the crosshairs. That's what I think this whole issue (thread) is really about. Sounds almost like what the radical islamists do in a way - can't convert them so we need to destroy them.

And now we read in the news that one of the leading dem candidates for president (Obama) was raised as a muslim and even schooled in a madrassa? Of course Obama was attempting to keep this all quiet.

Dog pile on the Christians instead!

Obama revelation (if I can use that term)

What a surprise ...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Can you say FDR? He was vilified by the elite for betraying his class for his efforts to help the working classes. LBJ's Great Society and the War on Poverty was another... were mistakes made, sure were but but it wasn't the Republicans who tried to help the poor and unemployed.... it was the democrats.

And it is my experince that it is the hard right that vilifies people like gays and unions and those on welfare, not democrats.

Is that is all you have to contribute?

["The claim, made in the conservative Insight magazine, also revealed the Machiavellian scheming of political activists in a presidential race still nearly two years away.

It was aimed at tarnishing Mr Obama’s image in the week he announced himself as a White House contender. But the article also claimed that the madrassa allegations came from aides to Hillary Clinton, Mr Obama’s main opponent for the Democratic nomination.

This may be wishful thinking on behalf of Republicans. The Clinton camp is determined not to be accused of digging dirt on Mr Obama because they fear such tactics could backfire, given his popularity.

But the Insight allegations represent an exquisite double shot at the Democrats’ two leading White House contenders: it implies that Mr Obama, whose middle name is Hussein, is a closet Islamic extremist, and that Mrs Clinton is so rattled by his candidacy she is using underhand tactics to weaken him. "]

So much for Dems smearing people. More swift boating from Karl Rove and/or his ilk.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
centurion, stop buying the democrat/republican paradigm, IT DOESN'T EXIST. I saw that you were against the North American Union, a republican signed it. Democrats passed HR1, pushing further the police state. Republican passed the patriot act, military comission act and the defense authorization act. Democrats did the Waco massacre.

See? Both are against the american people. Please wake up until it's too late. We'll not bash you, we'll welcome you in the real world of politics. People make errors, we understand.

So which path do you take, the path of denial, or the path of enlightment?

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join