It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats point system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Although now I have the RATS access I can't think what I'm going to spend all mine on.

My points were once up into the thousands. But I squandered them all by constantly changing my background image a while back.

Like they say, you can't take it with you.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When I first found ATS I had never seen points before on a forum. I thought to myself how stupid. Then I educated myself for the reason for the point system. It truly does help to increase the amount of well thought out post and lessens the fly off the handle type of post that make so many other forums un-usuable. So to make a long story short I applaud the points system.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think the points system is always going to provide mixed feelings.

I quite like the idea that people can customise there member areas because everyone is an individual and it gives them a chance to be a little expresive of that point, but I also dont like the idea that people will be percieved as productive or reliable members for having loads of points when they are spreading dissinfo and hoaxes that attract a lot of attention.

Dont worry about the length of your posts using a mobile phone, I have had a look at your previous posts and you seem to get your point across well enough and there is enough to get the thread rolling, the one linner post warnings seem to crop up when people just say things like 'yes' and 'no', or single sentences with only a few words.

As long as you keep posting as well as you can productively you will be a valued and welcomed member, as I myself have found.

Cool thread by the way, it has been interesting to see that so many people feel a similar way.

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Edit out my double post.

Bah typical laptop problem, I should use my mobile phone lol

[edit on 18-1-2007 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
sure use the complain form. alot good that does, ive been trying to put stuff posts on here and i can only say one thing and then they shut me off so i can not reply anymore on a subject. the complaint dept. does nothing. what good is it to complain or anything when nothing gets done about it. HOW COME I CANNOT REPLY? on certain articles.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Um... I think I lost you there... sorry. Not sure what on earth this has to do with the points system but I'd wager if you ask members how responsive the staff is to things submitted via the complain button over 90% would say amazing.

So uh... I don't really understand what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird

HOW COME I CANNOT REPLY? on certain articles.

Are you sure you are logged in? The reply button only shows if you are logged in.

Anonymous posts can be done of course, but then it will not be posted into the thread itself but on the Anonymous Board. Only registered members can reply directly to threads. And registration is free, so I really see no point not to register. But that's another story...

If the thread you want to reply to is on belowtopsecret (bts) or abovepolitics (pts), you might already be logged into ats but not necessarily on bts or abovepolitics as well. Sometimes you need to login there as well, same username/password as you use on ats. Check if there is a "login" button at the top of the page. If there is, then you are not logged in where the thread is (bts or pts perhaps?).

Also, if a thread has been closed (for some reason), there will be no reply buttons available for anybody. A closed thread is usually (always) announced in the last post of the thread in question.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well thanks guys my points have doubled thanks to this thread about points ironic aye? this thread btw was the most responded to thread i ever wrote.hehe i have to laugh thanks djarums s_G etc

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am taking this opportunity to ask a Mod a question about point system.
here it is: I received a U2U saying I have been awarded 250 points for my submission in ATSNN. I have received this several times in the past and I usually see my points increase. It was this last time (U2U from Mod) that I did not see the increase of my points even thought in the U2U, it says that I have been awarded 250 points. What is the possible reason for this?

By the way, I am not complaining, just curious

Thanks in advance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join