It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats point system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Whats going on with the point system at ats? Is it so more traffic will be admitted to the site? Ive seen mods with over 144.000 Points! I take it they were here at ats ten years before it was made-Joke.I love it here but hate the thought of useless posts

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nemo1111
love it here but hate the thought of useless posts

Me too. What's the point of this thread?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Take a look here:

Mod Note: ATS Freshman’s Forum – Please Review This Link.

And for problems:

Mod Note: ATS Complaint Form – Please Use This Link.

I keep a copy of this under my Fez:

Mod Note: ATS Handbook – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Please dont give me points for this thread.I wouldnt want to come across as a point munger or hypocrite. I just want to POINT out that people just post for an extra pic or background colour which adds to disinfo. Thank you to all ats readers and mods.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Actually as you can read in the links that MM posted, the amount of points you get for simple posts is extremely small.

The way to get points is to contribute. For example if a staff member applauds a fantastic post you made, you get 500 points.

So the quality actually gets you the points rather than the quantity. Someone posting dozens of mediocre or pointless posts will not collect many points whereas someone who posts great stuff will.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
To a suitable location.

[edit on 17/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I recall that posting small little posts will get you a warning, or posting something completely off topic, which can cost you points, so people just posting to get points will most likely end up getting a warning... right?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy
I recall that posting small little posts will get you a warning, or posting something completely off topic, which can cost you points, so people just posting to get points will most likely end up getting a warning... right?

A small one(20 points I believe). BUT Mod applause is 500 points. FSME 1500. Do the math, you'ld have to post either 500 or 1500 times with little content, or only ONCE with a well thought out, cogent post.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
whats the deal because i cant post more than a few lines because i use a mobile to post here. will i get points taken away even though i want to say more but cant because my phone wont allow me to? im frustrated in a data sense can you help me?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As long as what you say within those short sentences adds something to the discussion, it should'nt be a problem.

The warnings for short posts, are for posts that do not add anything to the discussion of the topic at hand.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I love it here but hate the thought of useless posts

I would entirely disagree that the points themselves are completely useless. Some members have an enormous amount of points, which will never serve a purpose, but some of the options we have in the ATS Store make ATS extra special.

I've seen boards where members have very little possibilities when it comes to their member area, actually, ATS is probably the only site that I've come across that allows us to be creative. The amazing avatars and graphics we see on this site, I believe it adds to the level of "professionalism" we see here with ATS. Over time, you become familiar with certain members and the avatars they support. No longer do you have to decipher through individual names, as the avatar itself becomes recognizable. I think it helps.

Something like RATS (Really Above Top Secret) is something you can purchase, which will permit you to gain access to a secret forum. This "purchase" allows the forum to retain some anonymity and can be something to strive for as members.

I can give countless other reasons why points can be of use, but I'll save us all the time.

Hundreds of thousands of points do not serve much of a purpose, but the items we can exchange points for, are certainly beneficial to the site and the experience.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Whats going on with the point system at ats? Is it so more traffic will be admitted to the site? Ive seen mods with over 144.000 Points! I take it they were here at ats ten years before it was made-Joke.I love it here but hate the thought of useless posts

< think of this atleats your not in minus on points

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

< think of this atleats your not in minus on points

My BTS points are in the red also, but at least the average is over zero.

Good thing they don't charge points for reading the threads.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Some supermod with a sense of humor made mechanic have a single bts point...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lol! It's true, I just posted in the BTS section on Mechanic's avatar thread and when I checked his BTS points = 2. When I read this thread just now BTS points = 1. Determined to keep it at 1 are we?

STM

[edit on 17-1-2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well... It WAS negative 376!

Happens sometimes when people make purchases using combined points, just a little glitch in the Matrix.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
who wouldn't want to be rewarded for quality posts on ATS???

this is why we have points...

(and to punish those that break the t&c's, points get deducted for an offense)...

plus, they are just fun too

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I love the points system and the overall encouragement for quality posts.

As was stated before, of all the many forums, ATS allows us to express our creativity.

I had never really used Photoshop, although I had bought CS2, then Mechanic got me interested in Avatars. Now I make Avatars for here and several other boards as well. I have been able to use my Photoshop skills at work as well, with kudos from my boss...

ATS sharpens ones intellect, increases ones skills and presents an enjoyable atmosphere all at the same time.

What a deal, all for free...

Semper

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The thing that is really impressive with points to a certain extent is that by getting a lot of applauds (110 I think or some large number) the little bar underneath the points counters goes from grey to red and then becomes a black bar, just to show how great you are. You would also get a lot of points.

Although now I have the RATS access I can't think what I'm going to spend all mine on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join