It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Throws Kids Into Bay, Claiming Sacrifice To God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by Unrealised

A killer is a killer, and should be killed.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Unrealised]

And how can you cure something with poison?

kill somenoe else for what they did is no better then the person who killed in the first place.

As long as people think like you do, there will never be peace.

As long as people think like you do, killers, rapists, paedophiles, thieves and a whole number of scum will have a chance at staying in the loop.

We could just let them stay at your place and watch cartoons and sip cocoa, does that sound nice?

Peace isn't reliant on being nice to everybody. The 21st Century version of peace is attained when people feel safe to roam at their leisure.

Right now, even I at 26 years old, 6 foot 1 and 99 kilograms don't feel safe in this world.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow, thats really sad.

She definitely needs mental help, unless she really thought that it said somewhere in the Bible that you needed to sacrifice your children to god.

Actually that would qualify as mental illness too.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

To end an innocent persons life is an abomination of the human spirit.

If that is true, then why dont we all kill each other, given that someone needs to kill the killer, and then kill the killers killer...

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Whilst it is sad what has happened, she at least deserves help.

Many innocent people die each day in Africa due to the flabby lifestyles we westerners live, and due to the general exploitation we have fostered on that part of the world, yet, there is no sound about it. Out of sight, out of mind.

There is no justification for killing someone who has killed. To think any human has the right to take anothers life is jsut against nature, and whilst murderers may or may not be geniunely evil, an eye for an eye doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

To end an innocent persons life is an abomination of the human spirit.

If that is true, then why dont we all kill each other, given that someone needs to kill the killer, and then kill the killers killer...

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Whilst it is sad what has happened, she at least deserves help.

Many innocent people die each day in Africa due to the flabby lifestyles we westerners live, and due to the general exploitation we have fostered on that part of the world, yet, there is no sound about it. Out of sight, out of mind.

There is no justification for killing someone who has killed. To think any human has the right to take anothers life is jsut against nature, and whilst murderers may or may not be geniunely evil, an eye for an eye doesn't work.

No. You don't kill the killers killer and so on. You typed that for something to type. Get a grip on what is being put forward here. Adjust your common sense radar and hone in on the real message. DO YOU WANT TO HAVE KILLERS IN YOUR SOCIETY? The answer is no.

Hell, YOU can pay through your taxes to keep them alive. Not me. Go and have a 'Save a murderer' bake-sale.

Now, I don't want to hear about Africa. That country is in a state of anarchy because it can't hold it's own. We as westerners have tried to fix Africa for years, and yet we can't. The government over there is keeping it's people poor, not us.

Don't blame us. Don't ever blame your own kind. We as westerners have taken the weight of the world on our shoulders. Don't you go and take a bathroom break now by saying that we are to blame for all the horrors in the world.

Don't even BEGIN to tell us all about 'nature'. These psychopaths have no regard for your feelings. They'll kill you in a second. They're more in touch with nature than you have ever been.

80,000 years ago your relatives were killing other humans in competition for survival.

Nature is kill or be killed.

As for your eye for an eye comment, wait to see how you feel when someone decapitates your grandfather and dumps him in a bin.

Then you will know what it means to want an eye.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Unrealised]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDesigner
A mother who claimed she was sacrificing her young sons for God by tossing them to their deaths in San Francisco Bay was convicted Tuesday of second-degree murder

Interesting. Wonder if Abraham would've gotten the same sentence today?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by TheDesigner
A mother who claimed she was sacrificing her young sons for God by tossing them to their deaths in San Francisco Bay was convicted Tuesday of second-degree murder

Interesting. Wonder if Abraham would've gotten the same sentence today?

Well you should read your bible closer, Abraham never actually sacrificed Isaac.

Anyway, my original question remained unanswered and I am going to point out a theory that will probably get me slammed as a "racist" but here goes, I think that if this had been a white guy/woman, bible thumping, hardcore religous fanatic, the SOME of the replies in this thread would be alot different. I think thats why the original poster included a photograph of the accused. I see threads like this alot and rarely see a picture accompanied with it, so Im thinking this was to drive the "race card" defense home. just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well you should read your bible closer, Abraham never actually sacrificed Isaac.

So god decided not to stop this time. Not really any different. Abraham had chosen to kill his kid because a disembodied voice told him to do so. He obeyed. We consider him to be a hero. Maybe if this woman was thrown in jail, and someone started publishing her schizo ramblings, she could be the Matriarch of a religion in the future.

I think that if this had been a white guy/woman, bible thumping, hardcore religous fanatic, the SOME of the replies in this thread would be alot different.

How so?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So god decided not to stop this time. Not really any different. Abraham had chosen to kill his kid because a disembodied voice told him to do so. He obeyed. We consider him to be a hero. Maybe if this woman was thrown in jail, and someone started publishing her schizo ramblings, she could be the Matriarch of a religion in the future.

I think your overlooking the moral of the story. Remember that the covenant with God was still VERY new and God wanted to test and see if Abraham would honor the covenant. God chooses the jews as his people in return for obeying him. Quite a hefty responsibility. Imagine the perdicament this must of caused for Abraham.

I think that if this had been a white guy/woman, bible thumping, hardcore religous fanatic, the SOME of the replies in this thread would be alot different.

How so?

Well I think that if the accused had been white, they would represent the embodiment of the hated religous right and would have become a target for that hate. Once again, this may just be a preconception on my part.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Xphiles, playing the race card card, are we?

What's different about a smirking black murderer and a smirking white murderer? Nothing.

Who is saying there's a difference? Nobody.

Do you really think there are legions of people in this country who give a damn what color the murderer's skin happens to be? There aren't nearly as many as you seem to think, and their numbers are dwindling...

One day soon, I hope, people will realize just how meaningless race is, especially when compared to class. Back in the day, poor whites were turned against poor indians to allow rich men to plunder this country while keeping the workers in squalor. Then, after a little while, poor whites were turned against poor blacks, and poor chinese, and poor Irish, etc., etc..

Right now the biggest problem, in this regard, is between poor blacks and poor hispanics, at each others' throats and expending vast amounts of energy, and it all amounts to a fight over a garbage heap and a few measley dollars.

It's not just our country either. In Iraq you see the same EXACT thing. Poor folks of two different sects, turned against one another while the contractors and their government shills run off with all the money.

It's NONSENSE. Strategy 101 - Divide and Conquer. It's lucky for the people in power that so many people are stupid and greedy and nearsighted, otherwise this world would have changed for the better a long time ago.

The ONLY color that really matters in this country is GREEN. The sooner the poor folks, of every nationality, color, creed, etc., realize that fact, the sooner we can begin to approach real change.

Anyway, what's the basis for your assumption, that people are going easier on this woman than on Yates, or some other psychotic white nutter who first decided to believe that the voice in her head was God, and then went on to listen to it when it told her to kill her own progeny?

I think you're barking up the wrong tree...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join