It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Throws Kids Into Bay, Claiming Sacrifice To God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- A mother who claimed she was sacrificing her young sons for God by tossing them to their deaths in San Francisco Bay was convicted Tuesday of second-degree murder

www.cnn.com...

How horrible. One was two years old and the other 16 months old. Very sad.

I think she should have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and put her in a mental institution.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if we really have souls.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
yeah, though, she was schizophrenic and borderline mentally retarded. Still, sad.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDesigner

I think she should have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and put her in a mental institution.

Why do you think that and why do you have a picture of her along with this story?

What about Andrea Yates' first conviction?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Why do you think that and why do you have a picture of her along with this story?

I think that because she's borderline mentally retarded. Yeah, she did something horrible, a very sad deed indeed, ut she's disabled. I mena, her familys gone through enough.

Think of it this way,

If someone close to you killed someone, and he/she was severly mentally ill, would you rather see him/her in a mental instsitution, or in prison?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Exile.

I don't particularly care what justification people have for their horrible actions, there's no reason society should have to suffer their presence once they've proven that they're a danger to themselves and others.

Get rid of her.

Australia is spoken for, can we get a new island please?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Retarded or not, once a human kills another in an act other than justified self defence, there should only be one option.

I knew of a dog who lived down the street. It was a good Dog for years. One day it just snapped and mauled a kid.

The Police shot it dead so that it could never destroy another life.

If you were to place a killer retard in a home with other poor souls, who is to say that he/she wouldn't kill them?

A killer is a killer, and should be killed.

To end an innocent persons life is an abomination of the human spirit.

If Jack the ripper was a poor retard, would you feel sorry for him?

Think about it.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Unrealised]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sadly, another case of the justice systems' complacency.

The mother had warned a social worker that she was going to do something drastic with her children and it fell on deaf ears.

If someone was deemed schizo and mildly retarded; yet allowed to retain parental rights, I would be keeping a close eye on behavioral problems.

A red flag was waved and no one followed through with necessary proper procedures.

Now there's 2 little children gone in this world because of unfit parenting and a system that didn't hear the wake up call.

Pretty unnerving.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I hope it was done at night during full Moon otherwise the sacrifice is no good

seriously tough,

It's pretty sick, for someone to think that sacrificing his children sounds like a good plan to make friend with god....

Actually... for that one I'll agree with Unrealised... she should be Terminated

Not that she deserves it, cause she is mentally ill, but because she's a treat to the society and might take other lives

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
I hope it was done at night during full Moon otherwise the sacrifice is no good

Really not very funny. Think before you type next time.

I say, in this case, lock her up for life, a killer is a killer. There is no exception, even if they are mentally ill. Killing someone is the greatest taboo, every human being knows that and everyone should know of the consequences.

It's astounding that a social worker knew to a certain extent that the children were in danger, but did nothing about it, he/she should also go to prison.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Oh don't worry I think before I type

It's just my way of keeping on with life, If you can't take those stories with a grain of salt I just can't conceive how you can go trough day to day life?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

But, do two wrongs make a right?

This is why I don't believe in the death penalty. It just makes the people involved in the execution as bad as the murderer that was sentanced in the first place.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What's wrong with exile?

Then there's no contradiction in morality - thou shalt not kill (no exceptions for state-sponsored murder).

Simple fact, society is created and maintained for the benefit of the citizens. If a lone individual, like this smirking crazy lady, present a threat to the safety of the rest of us, we have an obligation to remove her from the equation.

So, rather than send mixed messages by murdering people who murder, why not exile them, which sends a much clearer message: If you don't appreciate society, you stand to lose the benefits it provides.

I think it's the logical answer to crimes like rape, murder, assault with a weapon, child abuse, etc..

If these people want to live like animals, let them compete with animals for food and shelter, let them realize just how ill-equipped they are to survive without the protection of their fellow human beings and the advantages bestowed by civilization.

Throw her out.

(But where? Anyone got any ideas?)

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
The mother had warned a social worker that she was going to do something drastic with her children and it fell on deaf ears.

If someone was deemed schizo and mildly retarded; yet allowed to retain parental rights, I would be keeping a close eye on behavioral problems.

A red flag was waved and no one followed through with necessary proper procedures.

Now there's 2 little children gone in this world because of unfit parenting and a system that didn't hear the wake up call.

Pretty unnerving.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

Pretty unnerving.

Actually she killed all 3 of her children ... a 6 year old, a 2 year old and a 16 month old. I agree this case brings to lights many issues.

Where was her family in all of this? I would think they would see some sort of danger sign in her behaviour.

I remember when this news story broke, living in the Bay Area it was all over the news for a few days. She did this in the middle of the day at the end of one of San Francisco's Pier 7, a tourist area. No matter what time of day there would've been literally dozens of people around. This article doesn't mention it but she was yelling for god to take her children back to heaven as she stood at the end of the pier ... then she began undressing all 3 of , one by one and tossing them into the water.

San Francisco PD said they got 10+ calls reporting her undressing the kids right there at the end of the bay and then reporting her tossing the first one into the bay. I know we all hate to get involved now adays but I thought it was very sad not one bystander had the courage to approach her and do something to stop it from happening to the other 2. At least grab a kid and run. I think with the time it took her to accomplish this at least one of the kids could've been saved.

[edit on 1/17/2007 by SmallMindsBigIdeas]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
WyrdeOne,

For exile, I'd like to point the other Thread about the piracy group that wishes to buy an island to be protection from Copyrights

Let's just outbid them when they find their island

Or Maybe the US could broker a Deal we us Canadians

You know, we have a bunch of hostile climate islands in the north... surely one of them could be filled with people like that?

But wouldnt we get Tried for Crimes Against Humanity? I believe we are planning a deportation here

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

And how can you cure something with poison?

kill somenoe else for what they did is no better then the person who killed in the first place.

As long as people think like you do, there will never be peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
she is known to be schizophrenic, and mildly retarded-she is more than mentally disabled and was in and out of mental institutions 6 times in the past 2 years? And yet had a 2 year old and a 16 month old....and was allowed to keep custody of her children?

What is wrong with that system to begin with?

She is a proven danger to others now, so she needs to be institutionalized-they better not drop the ball on that one. Personally, I wouldn't protest her being thrown in prison...

But it's not about punishment in this case-it's about the safety of others. A mental institution that is equipped to deal with those disabled enough to be a threat to others would suffice.

What a shame. I do take solace in knnowing that despite their tragic and untimely demise, her children did receive a one way ticket to Heaven according to my beliefs...bless their little hearts...

[edit on 17-1-2007 by 2l82sk8]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
we should throw her into the bay and be done with it!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I agree, throw her in the bay. Or into an Oven. Whatever.

A killer has proven their potential to kill again. They could kill another life in Prison or a Mental home, and even though Prison in-mates are largely hated by the population, they don't deserve to be killed.

So I'll say again, if a person has killed, they could do it again.

So stop them. For good.

Bleeding hearts do us all no good by keeping them alive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join