It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go.......if you could?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Let's assume that an extraterrestrial craft with intelligent beings arrived here on earth in the very near future.........my question is, if they wanted you too and you could, would you go with them???

With all the speculation as to their intent, be it friendly or hostile, I think they would communicate to you a logical reason for going with them if they wanted you to go of your own will. Many have stated that this year, 2007, is the year that we are to be contacted on a major scale....even so much as to state that the January 1 Chicago O'Hare event was the start. I am just wondering who out there among us here on ATS would want to go if they could??????

Thanks for your time and thoughts......Mondo

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ofcourse, without thinking
Even if I ended up horribly tortured and/or some aliens dinner, it would be a more interesting death than slowly withering away in an old peoples home drugged and senile

I personally dont think it is a good idea to be afraid of anything, even death. Fear has a tendency to make slaves of us.

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Acharya]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I believe it would depend on two things. Whether or not my soul mate could accompany me if she chose to do so, and secondly, that there was the opportunity to return freely if we chose to do so. It would be a helluva ride wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
First, I have a life, friends family, loved ones...

Second, who is "friendly" and who isn't? How do you tell?

The fact that I would be presented with the option to go might be enough for me. That is, it would be confirmation of ETs, that they can communicate in a way I can understand, and that there is a possibility that the offer would be extended again in the future.

Would I hop on the first bird that made an offer? No. Unless there was a way to be sure of two things:

1) That it was safe.
2) That if I chose to return that I would be returned without harm (pref. at a time of my choosing; however, I know that most likely the time frame would be chosen by my tour guides...).

Otherwise, I'll wait for the offer...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Without much hesitation at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
No.

In the same way I wouldn't accept a ride to an unknown place in the car of an unknown person I would not accept a travel to an unknown place in the vehicle of an unknown creature.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Since I have been there and done that of course not. Earth is a beautiful place and to have a family is precious.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If it was with those bug eyed preying mantis slaves?? Hell no!

Hell no! not a chance, no way, not with out a fight thats for sure. Every time i see a pic of those little things the only words that pop into my mind is evil little creatures of dubiouse parentage!

No way..

BUT...if i could kill them all and steal a ship for a joy ride around the cosmos for a day or two... let the slaughter commence.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
just depends on whom it is that's offering.
if it was "friendly" (with good intent),
i'd go.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
First, to correct something. The O'Hare sighting wasn't Jan. 1. It was a few months ago.

On topic...Yes. I'd go. Even if it meant death, it would justify my curiosity and resolve the questions I've had since I was a child.

Here I am, should I paint my roof orange ?

Lex

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think I would want to go just out of curiosity but then again...that whole be careful what you ask for thing comes to mind!!

Assuming that you are not sure what to expect...I just don't know. You may go then look back and think, "what a huge mistake I made", BUT you may not take the chance and later on tink, "I blew off the best chance I ever had".

Good ideas from you all so far...sheer speculation I think so far...but who knows what's in store for the future???????????

Peace, Mondo

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
only if it was a shE.T. with double DSSSSSSS

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i would.

but the question begs to be asked, would they let me inside their ubercool spaceship with the possibility that i might take control of the said ship and dive it into the sun if they turn out to be unfriendly? hmmn, maybe they might if they're from the sun or someplace like it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think that if contact did come about and people everywhere quickly became comfortable with our new friends then lots of people would be doing a little galactic sight seeing.

I believe if this was the case then absolutely, I would jump at the chance, I have alway wanted to see the earth from space let alone all the other planets.

However if a UFO aproached me in the dark one night on the way home from the pub, I would run like a cheetah.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Heh. Considering I can't run, I'd throw my hands up and beg for a ride.
Same as I would have done, back when my legs worked properly.

Coming from the perspective that I've done and have what I want out of life, a ride would culminate my existence.

My second response, I know, but I feel strongly about this question.

Lex

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
My first inclination would be no. I'd be curious about them, sure. I'd want to learn all about them. But do they know how to take care of me? Or will I croak in a week like a neglected goldfish?

It is one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations. I feel a sense of belonging on Earth, among my own species, on a planet that I'm very familiar with. Would I appear as a curiousity to them? A zoo exhibit? I might feel profoundly alone among them, or "alienated" (pardon the pun!).

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA

"However if a UFO aproached me in the dark one night on the way home from the pub, I would run like a cheetah."

Dude you just made me snort spray milk all over my PC screen with that gem!!

ROFL damn thats the funniest thing I seen on ATS for a long time. My thanks for the great comment!

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
if my fiance could come with me and it was friendly intent i'm already there man

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i find my self with a tear in my eye every time that i see an alien movie where there is contact, i remember an episode of stargate where sams dad was in the hosipital and she came clean about the gate and took him to have the tokra, symboite implanted the awe in his eyes, when he saw the gate, i feel that im a part of something bigger, we need to go home i feel that humans are abundant in this galaxy or a form of humans case in point the wierd skulls, in peru, i want to go home !!!!!! where ever home is

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes.

On the condition that the spacecraft is not the alien equivalent of a Ford Pinto

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join