It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lemuria [Help]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sorry if this is alrady posted somwere but can anyone tell me about the Lost Civilization Lemuria?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
somebody told me it was a civilization some people told me it wasent i havent don alot of reasrch lol but i am just wondering if you guys know anything
?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Though living modern lemurs are only found in Madagascar and several surrounding islands, the biogeography of extinct lemurs extending from Pakistan to Malaya inspired the name Lemuria, which was coined in 1864 by the geologist Philip Sclater in an article "The Mammals of Madagascar" in The Quarterly Journal of Science. Puzzled by the presence of fossil lemurs in both Madagascar and India, but not in Africa nor the Middle East, Sclater proposed that Madagascar and India had once been part of a larger continent, which he named Lemuria for its lemurs.

Sclater's theory was hardly unusual for his time. The acceptance of Darwinism led scientists to seek to trace the diffusion of species from their points of evolutionary origin; prior to the acceptance of continental drift, scientists frequently postulated submerged land masses in order to account for populations of land-based species now separated by barriers of water. Many hypothetical submerged land bridges and continents were proposed during the 19th century, in order to account for the present distribution of species.

As Lemuria gained some acceptance within the scientific community, it began to appear in the works of other scholars. Ernst Haeckel, a German Darwinian taxonomist, proposed Lemuria as an explanation for the absence of "missing link" fossil records. Locating the origins of the human species on this lost continent, he claimed the fossil record could not be found because it had sunk beneath the sea.

Other scientists hypothesized that Lemuria had extended across parts of the Pacific oceans, explaining distributions of species across Asia and the Americas.

The Lemuria theory disappeared completely from practical consideration, after the theory of plate tectonics and continental drift were accepted by the larger scientific community.
www.answers.com...

this link will in future provide all the answers you need
about anything
www.google.co.uk...

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the help

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ghost of a Chance - may I reccomend reading Wiliam Seward Burrough's for a search into the adventures of Lemur.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
See the writings of Augustus Le Plongeon, Samael Aun Weor, Manly P. Hall, H.P. Blavatsky, Rudolph Steiner and some others.

The Mayan Troano manuscript:

The Secret Doctrine of Anahuac

"I will now transcribe the translation of a Maya manuscript, part of the famous Le
Plongeon collection and the Troano manuscripts, which can be seen at the British
Museum.

"In the year 6 Kan, 11 Muluc, in the month of Zrc, tremendous earthquakes went on
ceaselessly until 13 Chuen. The clay hills country, the land of Mu was sacrificed.
After two aftershocks, it disappeared at night, being shaken by the underground fires,
which made the ground sink and reappear several times in different places. At last the
surface gave up, and ten countries broke up and disappeared. Sixty-four million people
drowned, 8000 years before this book was written."

In the old archives of the ancient Lhasa temple, a Chaldean record, written some 2000
years B.C. says:

When the star Bal fell where now there is only sea and sky (the Atlantic Ocean), the seven
cities with their golden doors and transparent temples trembled and were shaken like the
leaves of a tree are shaken by a storm.

And a wave of fire and smoke came from the palaces; the cries of agony from the crowd
filled the air.

They sought refuge in their temples and citadels, and the sage Mu, the priest of Ra-Mu,
appeared and told them: "Did I not predict this to you?"

And men and women all dressed in precious stones and shiny garments cried: "Mu, save
us", and Mu replied: "You will die with your slaves and your wealth, and from your
ashes, new nations will be born."

"If they (referring to our current Aryan race) forget that they must be superior, not for
what they get, but for what they give, they will suffer the same fate."

Flames and smoke silenced Mu’s words, and the earth broke in pieces, and within a few
months, sunk into the depths with its inhabitants."

See the book "Gnostic Anthropology" and some other Aztec and Mayan Codex manuscripts as as well.

Regards

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wikipedia - Lemuria

Just google it - lots of info. out there (some wackier than others...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Lemurians also live inside Mt. Shasta, according to the tall tales and fabricated folklore.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Sorry if this is alrady posted somwere but can anyone tell me about the Lost Civilization Lemuria?

Just look up Michael Tsarion on the web, look for any audio files floating around from Red Ice Radio. He has a weekly spot on that show and he is pretty much the world authority on Lumeria and atlantis ok.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
The Mayan Troano manuscript:

The Secret Doctrine of Anahuac

"I will now transcribe the translation of a Maya manuscript, part of the famous Le
Plongeon collection and the Troano manuscripts, which can be seen at the British
Museum.

"In the year 6 Kan, 11 Muluc, in the month of Zrc, tremendous earthquakes went on
ceaselessly until 13 Chuen. The clay hills country, the land of Mu was sacrificed.
After two aftershocks, it disappeared at night, being shaken by the underground fires,
which made the ground sink and reappear several times in different places. At last the
surface gave up, and ten countries broke up and disappeared. Sixty-four million people
drowned, 8000 years before this book was written."

Someone's really pulling your leg, there. The Torano Codex is a set of astrological tables (even Crystallinks mentions that it's astrological tables) :
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's more about it:
www.archaeology.org...

In the old archives of the ancient Lhasa temple, a Chaldean record, written some 2000 years B.C. says:

Again, another hoax. Lhasa has no documents from the Chaldean civilization.

See the book "Gnostic Anthropology" and some other Aztec and Mayan Codex manuscripts as as well.

Could I recommend instead the Wikipedia articles as a start and learning a little bit about the hieroglyphics so you can look at the original codex pages and verify their meaning?

I think you'll find the "gnostic anthropology" group is very mistaken about the translations.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Byrd,

I just don't get it. How do you consistently be so polite to these people making the same silly claims, long debunked here and elsewhere, over and over and over?

Use the "search" feature, people, if you don't know what I mean by "long debunked."

Harte

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
He hasn't "debunked" anything.

The Tibetans have(or had) a library of Occult Science that the Vatican and many Masonic Lodges only wish they had.

So Byrd, your saying that the great scholars Le Plongeon and Manly P. Hall are making things up?

If I learn the original languages myself and see the Gnostic interpretations to be false, I'll admit it.

But to give you an idea of the falsity and nonsense of modern profane so called "scholars"; compare the writings of Gerald Massey, Ra Un Nefer Amen and Sebai Muata Ashby to those of ordinary "Egytptologists".

The modern vulgar "scholars" don't have the ability to understand the inner meanings of things.

Regards

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Correction:

Originally posted by Tamahu
The modern vulgar "scholars" don't have the ability to understand the inner meanings of things.

Well, they do have the ability to understand.

They just don't utilize it.

new topics

top topics

join