It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of formation of cruise missiles!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Cruise missiles caught on tape flying towards their target - just look at how close and how low they are...man thats pretty impressive stuff1

I would never of thought they could of been flown in such a tight cluster like that..

Impressive!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Kick Ass!!! I't would be cool if they were all headed to the same group of targets, same airbase or something. I bet they have video stashed away that have even more cruise missiles in formation. Man I would crap a cinder block if I saw those fly over my head going who knows where.

Wonder how cool it looks when they all break formation to head to their individuel targets.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Isn't flying anything in low allttitude formation in a combat zone a bit of a risk?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
naw. Cruise missiles are programmed to fly at 15 feet over the ground to avoid detection from radar and prying eyes. They have a collision avoidance radar that works for avoiding trees, boulders, unexpected fluctuations in ground level etc... so they probably never collide, so no real risk that hasn't been ironed out a while ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
IMHO , pretty dammed stupid " tactic"

on the date cited [ march 22nd ]

ground operations had not yet begun , and iraqi airdefence assess were still being targeted [ those missile could have been aimed at C3I ASSETS ]

a " tight cluster " like that may look neat

but a burst from a 23 or 57mm anti aircrat gun would have a far higher chance of hitting a target than a burst @ a single missile

plus the radar return , visual profile , sonic signiture of a formation is all far hiher than the individual profiles

there was very little need for such a tactic

the only one i can think of that in any way justifies it would be air traffic management - keeping missiles in narrow lanes to avoid conflicts / collisions with helicopters etc from the assault spearhead

but even that is weak - as they have miles of desert to flot flights over

and in anycase - fline abreast ot line astern formation - with a few hundred meters separation makes far more sense

to me at least

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well they could have been anywhere in Iraq far away from any defences when they were clustered, so the chance of being shot down was negligable. Not to mention it would be one damn lucky shot from AAA to bring one of them down.
This just goes to shoe teh US lack of respect for Iraq's AD network. If tehy perceived more of a danger they wouldn't have used those tactics.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The way I look at it, the missles did there job, no matter the tactic.
flying low, flying High, Iraq was defeated in a few hours because of these missles and their manevours.

What criticise?

new topics

top topics

join