It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Much of the Culture here = Working against Disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
springer,

I agree with you 100%

And by the way, shouldn't this thread be in the board and discussions forum?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I disagree 100% with context of this thread. If we were to disallow or limit the free exchange of ideas, experiences and theories WHO would select which are "sane enough" and which aren't?

I didnt say you should disallow anything - nor do I think so.

WHO is so all knowing about subjects as utterly mysterious as these to know which is bollocks and which is possible? Obviously there are LOTS of "far out" theories being presented in these forums but never forget, the people who tried to tell "the regular Joe Schmo" the world was ROUND were considered loons in their day.
?

No man that I know do, certainly not me. I was just stating my opinion on much of the culture that have devolped here, and why I think it ultimately works against 'disclosure' of UFOs, or more specificly 'flying discs' (as I said in a previous post.) I assume the comparison to "they who called the people who tried to tell the regular Joe Schmo the world was ROUND were considered loons in their day" to him who said just that word, and not me.

It is in direct opposition to the culture of the internet to limit, or dictate. That's why beyond the Terms and Conditions of use we don't try to. THis sounds like the complaint of someone who posted what they thought was an awesome thread but it got little or no in the way of replies and or attention to me.
I didnt think it was awesome. Again, It was my opinion much of the threads I consider to be bunk had an impact that was negative on people I consider reasonable - and are some what new to the subject; one of the replys confirmed this to me. It wasnt my agenda to get you're attention specificly. It was more venting a frustration that I hve when it comes to this subject.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I changed the thread title cause Springer was partly right, maybe I was dictating my beliefs.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda
You used John Lear then you very methodatcly fed him to the wolves.

AA

That may well be th biggest line of horse hockey I have EVER READ in almost 20 years online.

Unfortunately for your opinion, the historical record shows the EXACT OPPOSITE of that statement. There are pages upon pages of me DEFENDING JL's ability to share "his version" of reality here. Matter of fact I've got one of the JL detractors accusing me of banning him because he criticized JL! That is patently FALSE as well.

They were BOTH banned for not abiding the TAC, PERIOD.
We know we are doing the right thing when BOTH sides accuse us of playing favorites to the other, which is EXACTLY what's happening on this issue.

END of this conversation, I've had it six times already this week on BOTH sides of the issue.

Now go find something WORTH POSTING.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Inquisitive: Why is it that on many occasions specific Mods seem to take an insultive, instigative, and negative tone with various posters? Is there something to protect? Perhaps something personal? The many taunting faces are a sign of deep personal hurt, possible lack of love, and an accidental filling of these voids with mental blows to those that they are supposed to Be responsible for. It is Not the likes of this Existential Being to see "moderators" for-getting that they are No different than the others who post here. Many topical sequences have passed here on ATS Be for these eyes that do Not go for-gotten.

We are examples for each other, We are each other, re-member. Be respect-full and accepting of others. There are times when these eyes see a revolt on ATS Not to far off in the future because of the diminishing nature of Moderators towards members, ergo members tend to Become angry and feel as if they are Being censored and imprisoned, this emotion flows onto other members and Mods alike.

This is an observasive commentary and does hold personal opinion and feeling because the author holds a neutral stance and feels both sides, Mods and members.

Please, let Us learn to respect and accept one another. Replying to "ill mannered behavior" will help spread "ill mannered behavior" because it will Be "ill mannered behavior" that is the focus in the topic of discussion.

The best interests of Humanity and this website were in mind while writing. Intents are for prosperity, happiness, and equality upon all who come to ATS. Eternally shall live Love, Humanity, ATS, and the full awareness of these things. As a community let Us work on bringing these into fruition; We are a community, a civilization, a people, and a consciousness together

Peace, love&intellect

[edit on 11-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join