It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Much of the Culture here = Working against Disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Lets face it.. 90% of the threads here are either pure bull, fantasy, or speculation.

What do you think Joe Schmo thinks when he comes on here for the first time and theres loads of threads that got 40 pages stating how the queen of England is really an Reptilian Lizard - that eats babys, instead of bisquits to her afternoon tea.

Or when threads pop up from some guy (who obviously wants attention) claiming hes in contact with "the grays" but got no evidence to back these claims up.. yet still get loads off attention that he crave for.
People here really seems more interested in Sci-Fi Stories, then in actual events. Serpo is a perfect example of this.

Now, speculation is fine to some degree (we wouldnt have that much to discuss if we didnt speculate to some extent..) but people here tends to mistake there own often twiested beliefs as fact. Reptilian World Order hasnt got a single fact to it for example. Its just a story told, that some people believe in. Sorta like Santa Claus and small children.

The storys like the one that the french space agency suposedly is going to release all the cases they have on UFOs gets lost in the shuffle.

Sure, ATS is just a reflection of the topic in General.. But somewhere I think the bullsh*t has to end!

[edit on 11-1-2007 by DigThat]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
well i watched a video that the mexican govt release'd showing some UFOs in the desert, mentioned how theres tons of military footage like it that hasnt been released and how there are so many countrys that want to disclose the info but the US isnt in their line of cooperation and everyones basically getting pissed off and impatient. so basically the mexican govt releasing footage like that is telling the US to hurry the heck up and get on with it. and about that o'hare sighting, well if its really aliens, its them telling the US they are getting impatient too. why would they buzz the busiest airport? its them showing their impatience... honestly the US has some evil plan to expose the truth that is still an outright lie but oh well, if they take me to their underground prisons at least i get to travel at mach2 on one of them maglev trainz0rz

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well alls i say is this.
What do you expect from these boards when 95% of the people are mentally challenged. Like people on about having communication with ebe's and people seeing pictures of lizards and so called buildings on top down pictures of the moon
that are blurry as hell.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK
What do you expect from these boards when 95% of the people are mentally challenged.
I dont expect anything really. I dont think 95% is mentally challenged either.. Just wish that people would actually pay theyre attention to cases wich have some substance in them and not the fictional part of it all

Tea

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Would you be referring to the thread I just posted?-Theory-God, Aliens & the End Times

I didn't post it to undermine this site. I posted it out of pure curiosity about what people think of the idea. Like everyone else here, I suspect, I'm struggling to find answers to a myriad of questions.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everything must involve skeptism. But I do understand how you feel when there is post of no relevance, nor proof. I do not belive there are such things as reptilians, nor do I know where this idea came from?

But to believe there is not extraterristial life with all the possibilities in the Universe would be ignorant.

There is too many stars, too many galaxies, too many possibilities.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea
Would you be referring to the thread I just posted?-Theory-God, Aliens & the End Times

I meant it more in a general way, not any threads in perthicular (except the ones I meantioned as examples.)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigThat
Lets face it.. 90% of the threads here are either pure bull, fantasy, or speculation.

What do you think Joe Schmo thinks when he comes on here for the first time and theres loads of threads that got 40 pages stating how the queen of England is really an Reptilian Lizard - that eats babys, instead of bisquits to her afternoon tea.

Or when threads pop up from some guy (who obviously wants attention) claiming hes in contact with "the grays" but got no evidence to back these claims up.. yet still get loads off attention that he crave for.
People here really seems more interested in Sci-Fi Stories, then in actual events. Serpo is a perfect example of this.

Now, speculation is fine to some degree (we wouldnt have that much to discuss if we didnt speculate to some extent..) but people here tends to mistake there own often twiested beliefs as fact. Reptilian World Order hasnt got a single fact to it for example. Its just a story told, that some people believe in. Sorta like Santa Claus and small children.

The storys like the one that the french space agency suposedly is going to release all the cases they have on UFOs gets lost in the shuffle.

Sure, ATS is just a reflection of the topic in General.. But somewhere the bullsh*t has to end!

I agree. I came to ATS hoping for some sort of scientific approach but turns out ATS is just a sinkhole of the internet for loons as is every other UFO/Alien, website, convention, book, etc. I originally posted on the UFO-Evidence website but one guy over there was all 'ZOMG UR WORKING FOR THEMBLAHBLH' just because I came out of the blue one day. Too bad the idea of people just deciding to join a forum and start posting is so alien (lololololol) to him.

I don't blame ATS directly but I take everything with barely a grain of salt of salt now and actually believe less in E.T.'s now than I did before. This site pretty much does the opposite...Instead of making you believe, it opens your eyes to make you realize how much of a gullible doofus you can be.

So thanks.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Everything must involve skeptism.
I dont tend to agree.. I prefer a logical stand on matters such as these

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I dont blame ATS directly either (even though the thread title may suggest it.) Its more the culture that has devoloped here that bothers me.. And what you said is exactly my point. I dont think the creators of this fourm intention was to turn off reasonable people like yourself, cause why would they've then had made this forum in the first place? And don't get me wrong; I'm as certain as one can get that flying discs exist, without beeing in one myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey

Sure, ATS is just a reflection of the topic in General.. But somewhere the bullsh*t has to end!

I agree. I came to ATS hoping for some sort of scientific approach but turns out ATS is just a sinkhole of the internet for loons as is every other UFO/Alien, website, convention, book, etc. I originally posted on the UFO-Evidence website but one guy over there was all 'ZOMG UR WORKING FOR THEMBLAHBLH' just because I came out of the blue one day. Too bad the idea of people just deciding to join a forum and start posting is so alien (lololololol) to him.

I don't blame ATS directly but I take everything with barely a grain of salt of salt now and actually believe less in E.T.'s now than I did before. This site pretty much does the opposite...Instead of making you believe, it opens your eyes to make you realize how much of a gullible doofus you can be.

So thanks.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

it a little bit of both . for example , a site like this is naturally a huge haven for 'loons' etc. but it is also a huge target for people who want to play pranks on the internet , like hey guys i can talk to aliens , of course someone is gonna think it will be a great idea to come by a site like this , post something ridiculous , and have everyone who is so desperate for the truth they`ll belive in anything. but there are also levelheaded people here .

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well
it a little bit of both . for example , a site like this is naturally a huge haven for 'loons' etc. but it is also a huge target for people who want to play pranks on the internet , like hey guys i can talk to aliens , of course someone is gonna think it will be a great idea to come by a site like this , post something ridiculous , and have everyone who is so desperate for the truth they`ll belive in anything. but there are also levelheaded people here .
Yes, its just that the "loons" as you describe them seem to flood the board with there beliefs, and that in turn - scare away the "levelheaded people". Im saying the same thing over and over again.. I hope you catch my drift

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I disagree 100% with context of this thread. If we were to disallow or limit the free exchange of ideas, experiences and theories WHO would select which are "sane enough" and which aren't?

WHO is so all knowing about subjects as utterly mysterious as these to know which is bollocks and which is possible? Obviously there are LOTS of "far out" theories being presented in these forums but never forget, the people who tried to tell "the regular Joe Schmo" the world was ROUND were considered loons in their day.

It is in direct opposition to the culture of the internet to limit, or dictate. That's why beyond the Terms and Conditions of use we don't try to. This sounds like the complaint of someone who posted what they thought was an awesome thread but it got little or nothing in the way of replies and or attention to me.

Springer...

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well said Springer. And to Skunk, 95%? How long have you been looking at this site? You've been a member for how long now? Really, it seems these days there are alot of new people on this site that just want to bash other people's ideas. I'm not trying to diss you or anything, but all the time I've spent here, I've met alot of really smart people. They have their thoughts and ideas and come here to discuss them. Sure there are people that make claims, and I've seen many who have changed their claims because they came here and heard the points that others have to make. Take a look around, have a few beers and browse the forums, look at posts from years ago, you just might find somthing that intrests you.

By the way, welcome to ATS.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Slash]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Spinger you and your legion of mods are in direct contradiction to what you just stated.

If this was true then why move and shut down my threads.... Let the information flow right? Wrong....

AA

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Oh PLEASE...

IF we move a thread it's because we DO DICTATE the organization of the information on this site and millions of people a month agree with how we do that, I know this because they keep coming back...

If we trash threads it's because they violate the TERMS AND CONDITIONS which are VERY specific.

Nice try but no dice mate.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
there are some threads on here that are realy out there however i firmly disagree with 95% of people being loony.
I read this site morning and night but i dont post all that much and on several occasions i have been blown away by how inteligent some people are on this site, this site IMO is more a gathering of smart educated people then it is of loonys and it carrys volumes of information that can open up your mind to different subjects.

apparently your not a very open minded person or you cant find anything good to post about yourself because if you dont like the content why post here find another site nobody is making you read any of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Spinger,
Yes but in a great while a person with insight that just cant really be explained comes alone with interesting tidbits and they get crushed by the mods.

You used John Lear then you very methodatcly fed him to the wolves.

Sure millions of people come and visit ATS and the want the truth no matter how insane it seems. But you have trained your mods in the very science of trashing threads you simple set them up then crush them.

Nice one mate.... Keep up the unobstuctive truth by squashing the little people.

AA

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well
Yes, its just that the "loons" as you describe them seem to flood the board with there beliefs, and that in turn - scare away the "levelheaded people". Im saying the same thing over and over again.. I hope you catch my drift

Thats exactly my opinion, theres too many freaks here who are either mentally disturbed or trolls.

It wasnt like this a year or 2 ago but it now seems to be common place, I like to read things with an open mind but sifting through all the crap people post basically makes it impossible. I think the points system encourages people to troll because the more replies they get, the more points they get.

Perhaps they should allow us to rate threads and if its a bad one, they will lose points, if its a good one then they will get the points.

Tea

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMachinist...it carrys volumes of information that can open up your mind to different subjects...

I agree with this statement. ATS posts have, on many occasions, led to some fascinating discussions in our family because of some of the unique perspectives and theories that members have posted.

We're a multiple-member family (extended nuclear household), but usually post using the ID of whomever is currently logged in. Lately, it's Tea.

Anyway, ATS has meant that breakfast and dinner discussions absolutely sizzle.

Keep it coming. We'll decide for ourselves who the lunatics are!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join