It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China will control the world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It's interesting to see more and more Chinese to be members of ABS(I forget my old passoword and have to register a new one, so I am not a freshman)! And....... I'm one of them!
It's also funny to see Chinese control the Indiadefenceforum.com. So, I think Chinese will control the world, at least the web! Just like what happend to Yao Ming,

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Since this an already irrelevant thread w.r.t. the weaps forum I'm curious to know what your previous login name was..

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
why was this posted in weaponry???did i miss something?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Why was this posted at all?

Everyone knows China has the ability to become a world ruler. You can't just ignore 1.2 Billion people

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoSuchAgency
Why was this posted at all?

Everyone knows China has the ability to become a world ruler. You can't just ignore 1.2 Billion people

Very true.
However, wrong place to post. Maybe a moderator could move it.

I have nothing against China.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As long as this thread is open..
China population est. : 1,313,973,713 Growth Rate : 0.59%
India population est. : 1,095,351,995 Growth Rate :1.38%
Note: All figures are July 2006 est.

So if growth rates are sustained India will overtake China in 23 years

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
China will rule the world one day, but that's not today or anytime soon, and until then and even long after I will be proud to be an American.

Go China, best of luck to you and I hope your country becomes more democratic and I hope we work together on many mutual space and energy programs together. India I wish you the best as well and let's start working on common space and energy programs so we can make this world a better place!

ape

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
whats sad is so many people in those figures live in poverty, in india you have adults and children living in shacks drinking brown water while people are going into work across the street for an outsourced company. I think both of those countries need to wake up and both of them have a long way to go before they are ever on US/UK/EU social infrastructure levels although I feel the EU has a very weak work ethic and abuse those social programs on another level

[edit on 11-1-2007 by ape]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ahh finally, a thread in which people hope for democratization in China and foretell a growing China in a postive note... Too many times have I wandered this board and seen utterly biased and ignorant bashes towards the PRC.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecrops
So, I think Chinese will control the world, at least the web!

Well, you definitely can't control the web, because the web is controlled by the media, and we all know who controls the media.....

...j/k

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ape
whats sad is so many people in those figures live in poverty, in india you have adults and children living in shacks drinking brown water while people are going into work across the street for an outsourced company. I think both of those countries need to wake up and both of them have a long way to go before they are ever on US/UK/EU social infrastructure levels although I feel the EU has a very weak work ethic and abuse those social programs on another level
[edit on 11-1-2007 by ape]

I was waiting for one 've these..

anyways.. as long as this thread is open:
I agree with you and hence I do not consider 'population' to be a sole figure in determing human resources..
I was just trying to prove a point to the thread starter(who incidently has conspicuously disappeared from the scene
) that India will eventually(in a cpl of decades) be the most populous nation on the planet for all mathematical purposes; whether that is a clear cut advantage or disadvantage is yet to be seen..

However the percentage of that titan population that is educated and economically self sufficient is the key here.
These are the people who are or go on to become doctors,engineers,teachers,officers(govt. and military) etc. etc..
Now taking a count of these people will give one a true measure of the 'human resources' available to that country.

India has a whopping educated middle class of 250-350 million people.
Compare that to the populations of the other developed countries and you will see that irrespective of the literacy rates in those developed countries(may they be 90% or 100%), India still has a much larger pool of human resources. Thats why its poised to be a big player in the future. So many educated people amounts to phenomenal growth every year.

I think the amount of educated self-sufficient people in China is about the same as of today, so that's definitely to their advantage as well.
This is why everybody's buzzing about India and China. There's just so much talent in both these countries; it just needs to be tapped. That's exactly what these countries are doing and so the future is bright, very bright.

The outsourcing you mention is to India's/China's advantage not the west who outsource, because the revenue comes here(not to the west). Moreover
the western populace is losing out on jobs because there are just as talented people in India/China willing to work for less; and by less I don't mean slogging 18+ hours a day in a crummy hole.
The simple fact is things are so much cheaper here that even with lesser salaries people are able to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle
with a 9-5 job,house(s),car(s),malls,McDonalds,KFCs,golf etc etc..

There are also people in slums and people on the streets as well(obv 100s of millions of them) and they're being assimilated into mainstream lifestyle slowly. It cannot be done in a day,year or even in a decade. Its a process that will span generations and one can only gauge a difference say every 25-50 years. This is in no way impeding the growth and prosperity of the remainder of the educated middle class in either country.
China is strong on manufacturing and infrastructure. India's strong on services industries(software,retail,pharma etc.) and national banking. Both are trying to pull up their weal areas and strengthen there strong ones.

Its high time all westerners understand this because its a fact.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It's interesting you say that Daedalus. From my experience working in CHina, many Chinses here think that Indians are untrustworthy, dirty and lazy. This stems from them having done business in China.
Anyway just an intersting view of how mnay CHinese see Indians.

PS. Your examples of golf, MocDonalds, KFC etc do not hold true in China - they are on par with western prices and golf is very expensive - well over $US100.

Also I'm confused what is you r defintion of a well educated middle class ? finishing Year 10 ?

[edit on 12-1-2007 by rogue1]

[edit on 12-1-2007 by rogue1]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
It's interesting you say that Daedalus. From my experience working in CHina, many Chinses here think that Indians are untrustworthy, dirty and lazy. This stems from them having done business in China.
Anyway just an intersting view of how mnay CHinese see Indians.

Frankly.. many Indians are..
I haven't seen a single nationality where there AREN'T any individuals who set a very poor example of their culture and lifestyle when in foreign countries.
As a standing average(talking about Indians here) the majority of the Indian diaspora that interact with people on a day-to-day basis are either at the low end of this middle class or have sold ancestral farmland to migrate abroad and use the money to buy a cab,grocery store,kwiki-mart appu style etc etc..
No offence to them or their livelihood of course; its just that these opinions may stem from what kind of Indians(or anyone for that matter) people interact with..
I don't know about Indians in China but that's the case in the west.
There intellectual elite that are also prominent in foreign countries FYI and they only interact with locals in their social and work circle. So where ever you get your info on Indians from chinese, maybe a little background research on where these interactions may happen will throw more light on the resulting opinions..
Most Indians aren't too fond of chinese either(I mean chinese policy,govt etc), probably because of the fact the the major Tibetian support exile govt. et all stems from India.
But then again there are all types of people in any culture..

PS. Your examples of golf, MocDonalds, KFC etc do not hold true in China - they are on par with western prices and golf is very expensive - well over $US100.

Is that the green fees for a single game or membership monthly/annually?
In India the decent courses have green fees of around $20 if you're not a member and an annual membership of $500-600.
If you take annual membership then there are no green fees on a daily/playing basis.
A Big Mac meal is $1.5-2.0

Also I'm confused what is you r defintion of a well educated middle class ? finishing Year 10 ?

finishing year 10? didn't quite get you there
I think I myself am a good example of this middle class I've written about
Shoot away..

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The world is a hard place to control.

The struggle for control hinges on wealth which hinges on access to resource. Wealth is more concentrated into fewer hands now than at any other time in history.

It would seem that all empires rise and fall and the serendipitous one 'the barbarians', as the Chinese so aptly called the unwashed and illiterate sea conquerors of the West, has quietly and with a resounding whimper edged onto the slope of economic oblivion.

I hope that the next rise of empire is not marked by the wars that have characterized previous bids for exclusive and primary access to resource and wealth.

new topics

top topics

join