It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why is my dad in Git Mo" A 10 yr old kid seeks to find a answer article LINK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I love this kid for his courage. Eventhough he faces alot of xenophobes who will try to smear him at every turn if this gets any notice. Godbless him and to hell with these xenophobe's. What pathetic sad impotent bullies. Family Values ? Get the hell out of here with that b.s.

news.independent.co.uk...

4 years ago, Xenophobes. Read it and weep. He suffers from *severe* diabetes (which you don't) and poor eyesight. And he can't get his medication? What a morally apprehensible appalling crime that this man has been in there for four years. A battery charger? Oh god, such a failure. No Jack Bauer's here only keystone cop rejects.

A son wants his dad back, oh you are really fighting those terrorists.
You know what's sad most of all? The people who support this dad to stay in Git'mo would be crying their first day in detainment because you couldn't get Domino's Brooklyn Styled Pizza/Chili's Babyback ribs/Mickey Dees/KFC/ to your cell.

This kid didn't even get a response from Tony Blair.

So many cowards, so little time.

NO Excuse........ don't even try it.

4 freaking years. It aint a sleeper cell, get over yourself. This wouldn't even hold in a court of law if it saw the light of day.

DON'T
EVEN
TRY
IT

British Citizens in Git Mo

British residents at Guantanamo

* JAMIL EL-BANNA, Jordanian. Held in Guantanamo since March 2003

Arrested, with Bisher al-Rawi, in the Gambia, where they had gone to set up a mobile peanut-processing plant. He was taken by the Americans to Afghanistan and then to Guantanamo Bay. He suffers from severe diabetes but his lawyers say he has not been offered medication.

* BINYAM MOHAMED, Ethiopian. Held in Guantanamo since September 2004

Came to UK in 1996 seeking asylum and was granted indefinite leave to remain. Travelled to Afghanistan in 2001 before fleeing to Pakistan. Charged in relation to an alleged dirty bomb plot at the Guantanamo Bay military tribunal. The tribunal was invalidated last year

* SHAKER AAMER, Saudi Arabian. Held in Guantanamo since February 2002

Was applying for British nationality after settling in Battersea, south London, with his wife and four children, all of whom are British citizens. Seized in Pakistan in 2002. Has been kept in isolation since September 2005 and has been on hunger strike.

* BISHER AL-RAWI, Iraqi. Held in Guantanamo since March 2003

Fled Iraq for Britain with his family 20 years ago. Arrested in the Gambia where he had travelled to help set up a peanut processing plant. Accused of taking a weapon of mass destruction.

* OMAR DEGHAYES, Libyan. Held in Guantanamo since August 2002

Became a British citizen after fleeing to the UK with his family. He appears on a "Chechnyan training video", which his lawyers insist is case of mistaken identity.

* AHMED ERRACHIDI, Moroccan. Held in Guantanamo since May 2002

Worked as a cook in London for 18 years. Seized in Pakistan and accused of attending a terrorist training camp in July 2001. His lawyers say he was working in London at the time. He is in isolation.

* AHMED BELBACHA, Algerian. Held in Guantanamo since March 2002

Lived in Bournemouth, where he worked in the hotel trade. The 37-year-old was refused refugee status in Britain, but granted indefinite leave to remain. Arrested in Pakistan after fleeing Afghanistan in 2001. Alleged to have attended a training camp, which he denies.

* ABDELNOUR SAMEUR, Algerian. Held in Guantanamo since June 2002

The 33-year-old decorator, who settled in north London, was granted refugee status in 2000. Went to Afghanistan in 2001 and was shot in Pakistan trying to reach the Algerian embassy. He was arrested in hospital. Alleged to have attended a training camp, which he denies

[edit on 9-1-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You would have thought Britain would have learnt from internment but they didn't!!!
I was going to say..GWB would have listened but he wouldn't..
He might learn though when he has thousands of false imprisonment claims...Deservedly so!!! (hold on to your cash reserves)
There are loads of petitions going thru' the net asking for the release of people from gitmo!
The tide will turn on America..Though I think that is why they put the concentration camp where they did..They may think they can bypass US legislation but hopefully international Law will hold!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If the US/UK REALLY, REALLY Wanted to lock up innocent Muslims, they would do so in abundance. They could do it on a grand scale, and they could simply deport every Muslim in the nation to Arab lands.

Think about it, why would the US/UK risk their humanitarian reputation just so a few soldiers can sit on a Koran (that constitutes torture now i see) for several years. They wouldn't.

I know they are being held for a long time without trial, intelligence services rarely have enough admissible evidence. Evidence nowadays needs to be hard, and even phone taps and photographic evidence is severely doubted in the digital age. The use of testimonies and witnesses just isn't feasible when their are agents and informants who's lives will be put at risk.

None of the alibis and excuses of these men have substance.

I feel for the boy, an absent farther and a serious illness. Does this warrant the release of the men? No. What about the thousands of real orphans caused by the results of terrorists attacks on westerners and Muslim civilians alike?

Please don't try and capitalise on the emotional feelings of a child to add to your political argument. Its morally repulsive. Not far off from the anti-war protestors in the UK reading out the names of dead service men in central london without the permission of the #ing Families, who may or may not agree with the memories of their relatives being used by a political movement.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murphs
You would have thought Britain would have learnt from internment but they didn't!!!
He might learn though when he has thousands of false imprisonment claims...Deservedly so!!! (hold on to your cash reserves)
There are loads of petitions going thru' the net asking for the release of people from gitmo!
The tide will turn on America..Though I think that is why they put the concentration camp where they did..They may think they can bypass US legislation but hopefully international Law will hold!

You know what's funny, murphs? The american media is terrified to touch a story like this. A perfect example of a dysfunctional out of control policy. ANd you know what's really revealing? How many people don't gloat about Git'Mo anymore. There is nothing to say and we should all be ashamed at keeping this son from his father.

This is one of the most heinous examples and NONE of you who defend GIT Mo would look at this kid in the eye because you know you picked ther wrong decision on this alleged war.

Why I remember some people on here who were armchair experts on who was in Git Mo. You know, maybe someone hasn't told you this. But stop lying to yourself and get over your fears that aren't based in reality over a dude with severe diabetes and poor eyesight. I really don't care if select people are scared and want to hold suspects like this. Who cares? Get over yourself. Go enjoy your burger king and leave his dad alone. Think you can do that ?I think you can.

P.S. he wont even ask for his battery charger back,ya wankers.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
If the US/UK REALLY, REALLY Wanted to lock up innocent Muslims, they would do so in abundance. They could do it on a grand scale, and they could simply deport every Muslim in the nation to Arab lands.

arab land? you do know a large percentage of Us are of asian background?
grand scale? doubt it

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Think about it, why would the US/UK risk their humanitarian reputation just so a few soldiers can sit on a Koran (that constitutes torture now i see) for several years. They wouldn't.

I know they are being held for a long time without trial, intelligence services rarely have enough admissible evidence. Evidence nowadays needs to be hard, and even phone taps and photographic evidence is severely doubted in the digital age. The use of testimonies and witnesses just isn't feasible when their are agents and informants who's lives will be put at risk.

I feel for the boy, an absent farther and a serious illness. Does this warrant the release of the men? No. What about the thousands of real orphans caused by the results of terrorists attacks on westerners and Muslim civilians alike?

Please don't try and capitalise on the emotional feelings of a child to add to your political argument. Its morally repulsive. Not far off from the anti-war protestors in the UK reading out the names of dead service men in central london without the permission of the #ing Families, who may or may not agree with the memories of their relatives being used by a political movement.

You think about this.

This was all political that got us in the first place,REMEMBER that. Emotions always have a hand in situations such as these. In fact. it's why alot of these gents are in jail. And you still grasp for straws. You have not one iota what it's like being in a detainment facility. And your reasoning is irrational why this man is imprisoned.

None of this makes sense and you really are reaching on why keeping a person like this. This case would get thrown out in a heartbeat. Your rationalizing is beyond comprehensible.

And don't even give me the bravado of a patriot. It's what xenophoic cowards practice when they can't even give a guy diabetes medicine. Something you probably can't even begin to fathom because im guessing you don't have severe diabetes. So don't give me that "You feel for the kid"

Face it, you aren't a expert why these detainees are there and they need to have a fair trial,period. You are rationalizing in your mind things that don't even add up. Just maddening fears that you have that are rooted in Xenophobia. And they haven't and you need to get over the self righteousness. All im addressing is this needs to be brought to the light and to the courts once and for all.

And you know what would happen? This prison would be a W-R-A-P.

To sum it up: This guy shouldn't be here and you dont have a good case why he's there,period. He's served his time. Stop rationalizing the irrational. You have no idea of how criminal this is morally. And you play the terrorist card and include muslim orphaned why he is there ? Oh C'mon....It's a battery pack,ace. Let it go

And with this attitude you help spread terrorism like a cancer. But you are so deluded into thinking you are doing the right thing. And that's the biggest tragedy. You are helping the radicals with their recruiting of terrorist attacks against the west.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

You know what's funny, murphs? The american media is terrified to touch a story like this. A perfect example of a dysfunctional out of control policy. ANd you know what's really revealing? How many people don't gloat about Git'Mo anymore. There is nothing to say and we should all be ashamed at keeping this son from his father.

This is one of the most heinous examples and NONE of you who defend GIT Mo would look at this kid in the eye because you know you picked ther wrong decision on this alleged war.

Why I remember some people on here who were armchair experts on who was in Git Mo. You know, maybe someone hasn't told you this. But stop lying to yourself and get over your fears that aren't based in reality over a dude with severe diabetes and poor eyesight. I really don't care if select people are scared and want to hold suspects like this. Who cares? Get over yourself. Go enjoy your burger king and leave his dad alone. Think you can do that ?I think you can.

P.S. he wont even ask for his battery charger back,ya wankers.

Love you

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Oh peyres,
Stop talking bollocks! This has nothing to do with the emotions of a 10 year old child! I was born in 1970..I grew up not knowing alot of my relatives--Why?? Internment! They were catholic, they were young men---lift them and put them in Long Kesh!
90% of the men lifted during internment, where proved to be innocent. Can you hear me.Innocent!!!!!
The same will be proved of Gitmo! I honestly believe it..Last week I had a meeting with Gerry Kelly(IRA) If that had of been during internment, I would have been lifted and put in prison without trial!!
Every child needs a father figure. This child doesn't because of the US Gov.
It is time it was sorted!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I would tell the little boy that.

Your father is alive and well, but many boys and girls like you do not have a mother or a father, because of people who blew up the world trade center. The United States government thinks your role model father is most likely like these bad people.

People are telling you a make believe story of how your father was detained for a computer battery pack in Gambia, to make you feel good about your dad.

Now he is in Cuba. He is getting good medical care and food, but he is detained. His due rights are not being fairly served though. It is sort of like how some Christian people get beheaded without any due process in some places around the world. But your dad gets to live. He may miss a few more holidays, but at least he did not die unfairly when planes killed other peoples parents on 9/11.

Now the USA government can be totally wrong here, and your father could be caught up in this hysteria of trying to stop another attack to make boys and girls your age have no daddy. For that I am sorry. The time you lose from your dad can never be made up.

I am sorry he does not have a fair trial or a lawyer helping him out. This is wrong in my opinion. Most people where your daddy is, are bad bad people. But a strong minority probably should not be there. They were taken there more from fear and lies.

I wish you all the best. And please pray for the little boys and girls like you that have died for nothing around the world from hunger and war.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by sbob]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
I would tell the little boy that.

Your father is alive and well, but many boys and girls like you do not have a mother or a father, because of people who blew up the world trade center. The United States government thinks your role model father is most likely like these bad people.

People are telling you a make believe story of how your father was detained for a computer battery pack in Gambia, to make you feel good about your dad.

Now he is in Cuba. He is getting good medical care and food, but he is detained. His due rights are not being fairly served though. It is sort of like how some Christian people get beheaded without any due process in some places around the world. But your dad gets to live. He may miss a few more holidays, but at least he did not die unfairly when planes killed other peoples parents on 9/11.

Now the USA government can be totally wrong here, and your father could be caught up in this hysteria of trying to stop another attack to make boys and girls your age have no daddy. For that I am sorry. The time you lose from your dad can never be made up.

I am sorry he does not have a fair trial or a lawyer helping him out. This is wrong in my opinion. Most people where your daddy is, are bad bad people. But a strong minority probably should not be there. They were taken there more from fear and lies.

I wish you all the best. And please pray for the little boys and girls like you that have died for nothing around the world from hunger and war.

[edit on 9-1-2007 by sbob]

You are talking out of your arse,SBob. You have never been in a detainment facility. I can't even imagine you being locked up for 12 hrs let alone 4 years. You would be crying that they don't have a Bacon Burger Deluxe and french fries combo. This is a common occurence I see on forums such as these. Explaining how good inmates are treated and it's not so bad.

The lame excuses why a man is in jail because you have symptoms of acute paranoia. Come to think of it you probably have panic attacks if ESPN Sportscenter goes on the fritz.

This is seriously troubling that you think like this. This guy is going to go free eventually and I hope the family sues Britain for more than a few pounds. I think people who order to blow up tribal villages to get a few insurgents should be on a fast track to a detainment facility myself.

And when he does go free? You won't have changed a damn thing in the war on Terror. And that is destined to be a fact.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Oh peyres,
Stop talking bollocks! This has nothing to do with the emotions of a 10 year old child! I was born in 1970..I grew up not knowing alot of my relatives--Why?? Internment! They were catholic, they were young men---lift them and put them in Long Kesh!
90% of the men lifted during internment, where proved to be innocent. Can you hear me.Innocent!!!!!
The same will be proved of Gitmo! I honestly believe it..Last week I had a meeting with Gerry Kelly(IRA) If that had of been during internment, I would have been lifted and put in prison without trial!!
Every child needs a father figure. This child doesn't because of the US Gov.
It is time it was sorted!!!!!!!!

I just want to know whether you think the US is locking them up whilst knowing they are not guilty, or they believe they are and are trying to get them to talk?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You think about this.

This was all political that got us in the first place,REMEMBER that. Emotions always have a hand in situations such as these. In fact. it's why alot of these gents are in jail. And you still grasp for straws. You have not one iota what it's like being in a detainment facility. And your reasoning is irrational why this man is imprisoned.

None of this makes sense and you really are reaching on why keeping a person like this. This case would get thrown out in a heartbeat. Your rationalizing is beyond comprehensible.

And don't even give me the bravado of a patriot. It's what xenophoic cowards practice when they can't even give a guy diabetes medicine. Something you probably can't even begin to fathom because im guessing you don't have severe diabetes. So don't give me that "You feel for the kid"

Face it, you aren't a expert why these detainees are there and they need to have a fair trial,period. You are rationalizing in your mind things that don't even add up. Just maddening fears that you have that are rooted in Xenophobia. And they haven't and you need to get over the self righteousness. All im addressing is this needs to be brought to the light and to the courts once and for all.

And you know what would happen? This prison would be a W-R-A-P.

To sum it up: This guy shouldn't be here and you dont have a good case why he's there,period. He's served his time. Stop rationalizing the irrational. You have no idea of how criminal this is morally. And you play the terrorist card and include muslim orphaned why he is there ? Oh C'mon....It's a battery pack,ace. Let it go

And with this attitude you help spread terrorism like a cancer. But you are so deluded into thinking you are doing the right thing. And that's the biggest tragedy. You are helping the radicals with their recruiting of terrorist attacks against the west.

NO-ONE knows if the people there are really guilty that is the point. You are no more of an expert on the matter than I am. Don't you even dare to try and claim otherwise.

The war on terror is not about wiping out an ideology, it just cannot be done. The war on terror is about standing up to cowards who hide in civilians areas, intentionally bomb civilians for propaganda and worldwide impact, and thus protecting nations from these people.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If the US is knowingly imprisoning innocent people, what exactly do we get out of it? All I see is the waste of money on feeding them, clothing them, giving them medical care, and receiving international criticism.

[edit on 1/10/07 by pugachev]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It would seem kindof pointless, sure, unless you want to convince that the money sink for defense contractors that is the invisible War on Terror was worth the finacial investment to the people. By detaining "suspects" it makes it look like, to the american people, that the massive ammount of money going to the CIA, DHS, and the pentagon aren't going to waste like the previous "War on Drugs" and other such money sinks.

I say they are detaining suspects, but its not because theyre evil NWO reptillians trying to get rid of muslims, but because theyre greedy politicians and defense administrators that dont want to loose the money theyre gaining.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
mrgerbil or whatever,

Who is talking out of their arse?? get a mirror.

I agree the crap in Cuba is against what I believe in.

But if you are so naive to believe everyone there is a good person.(that is detained) Then who talks out their arse and simple minded in there agenda?

If you know what prison is like then maybe you would like to tell us of your criminal record to support your theory.

I think they should let everybody out of Cuba go, and let you deal with this person. Guantanamo servers more as a rallying point for people like you.

I said most people held in Cuba are there for a reason.(caught on the battlefield) A fair percentage were sent under false pretense though.

Feel bad for the 10 year old boy here, but not American 10 year old boys who don't have a parent.

Who doesn't have a heart for both sides mr look in the mirror???????

I feel bad for this kid, close down the detention in Cuba, and let these detainees live next to your kids.

You said I would begging for a bacon burger.....Hmmmmmm so how well do you know me?????????? I'm a vegetarian. Don't make stupid assumptions about Americans. It makes you look well you know........................Like you.

I value all life as much as possible. If you eat meat can you say the same...I don't know...95%(a guess) won't agree, because they eat meat. I am in the minority on that. But blast me on this one too, as I expect no less.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by sbob]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Didn't our forebears fight for rule of law so that we could enjoy some semblance of justice and protection from the unfair advantage of the state over the individual?

The death penalty is dangerous because it kills innocent men sometimes.

This sweep and intern of 1000's of people without charges, lawyers or trials is a slippery slope. One day they come for you.

Even those die-hard enthusiasts who believe whole-heartedly in the cause of Gitmo and the Patriot Act, even they are now subject to a capricious, totalitarian and completely biased sentence.

More than a slippery slope, it looks like a fascist form of vengeance. The nazis would often punish family members as well as offenders. Many loyal German soldiers and their families were murdered because they disappointed or appeared to disappoint.

Now in America, anyone can be imprisoned for life without a lawyer, charges or trial. Under the patriot act, if a person refuses to spy on a neighbor they can be imprisoned. Kind of makes one wonder how many will lie about a neighbor to avoid being targeted. Under that kind of legal system, one finds that he who throws dirt first - wins.

The same type of laws Putin presided over in Eastern Germany, the same type of justice that destroyed the moral character of many Eastern nations under communist rule.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by clearwater]

[edit on 10-1-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What a morally apprehensible appalling crime that this man has been in there for four years.

His crime - terrorism.

A son wants his dad back ..

Yeah, I'm sure he does. That would be his DAD's fault that he's not around. If he wasn't a terrorist, he wouldn't be in GITMO. The kid is better off with no father around then a terrorist one.

As for the rest of the terrorists you listed ... trying to make them sound like innocent 'peanut farmers' and 'mistaken identities' ...
and

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Clearwater you nailed it right on, and showed the class to stay above the fray.....unlike me.

Which I sadly lack the control when I see spin and agenda. Or I spin on the spin to counter the spin. Ahhhh..........

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
10 yr old boy asks "Why is daddy in Gitmo'?"

Did you know.

Most serial killers lead normal lives? Often have families. They do it as a hobby almost.. If one where to be arrested as a serial killer, for the rape and murder of say 13 local women.. naturally the family will be sad!

I am sure a 10 year old child would not understand why their father is locked up here in America either, for armed robbery, or rape.. or murder. Should we let them go because their children feel sad?

I love that logic. Because a child does not understand the going ons of the world we should question our very actions. Most fighters are arrested after combat (they run out of amo or surender or caught off guard or wounded) .. we do NOT burst into houses and take random people.. it is very expensive to capture prisioners and transport them else where.. why the hell would we do it for no reason? For kicks and giggles? Please.

I know in your narrow way of thinking that anything that America does HAS to be evil..

We take prisioners of war when many countries (and insurgents) would murder instead of cloth, feed and shelter the men they capture.

Who the hell gives a damn some kids father is in jail? Perhaps the man should have been thinking of his son before picking up a gun, joining the local militia, trying to strap on a suicide belt. Maybe if he thought of his family instead of murder he would not have ended up there, and he would be where he should be, defending his house from insurgents.

This is war my friend. It is dark and scary, sometimes what would appear to be irrational would be the most humane course of action, and sometimes innocent people suffer indignities.. that is what makes war such a brutal thing.. that it spares no one.. no one goes uniflicted by the violence, by the pain of death, the sights of destruction... the sounds. The fact remains, America is in all rights to arrest who it needs to arrest. To kill who threatens our forces. The fact also remains that America treats it's personers like ROYALTY as far as war goes. Would you rather we set them up in a Holiday Inn? .. Maybe we can give them money to.. and fluff their pillows and leave little mints on their pillows, rub their feets and heat their towels and cater them meals?...

My god. I could just imagine how you would conduct a war. Or worse. You wouldn't.

I think you need to understand, simply because we roll over and surender.. that does not mean our enemy will be fair? .. They would take advantage and strike again.. the blood would be on your hands. Nations need to fight any one that chalenges them to open war, because whether or not you want it, open war is upon you regardless of your decisions.

But keep worrying about insurgent fighters.. Keep worrying about their ignorant children.. keep worring about those who try to kill American troops.. Disagree with the government all you want, I know you will never see the flaws in your ideology.. your "be nice" policy has never worked. Never in history. 6,000 years of civilization. Know why? They die. France did it. Britain did it. Russia did it. Then Hitler knocked them flat. You CANNOT appease threats. You CANNOT treat men of war like a normal person.. there are differences in which you apparently are unable to fathom..

The fact is the man did something to appear guilty. We did not drive by in a black van and pull him in. He was a threat, or an apparent suspect and following rules of engagment was arrested. Forget what the child says, it is irrelivent. Children do not understand the world as it is.. he sees his dad in jail.. he has no idea his dad most likely was a member of a militia.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You know what's funny, murphs? The american media is terrified to touch a story like this.

Or maybe the "American media" is too smart and sophisticated to be sucked in any more by people using a child to try and get their way. After all, we have seen that they will stop at nothing including blowing up many innocent children (not inconvenience just one because his father is (justifiably?) in prison. Compare the deaths of many innocents to the inconvenience of one. You do the math.

Face it, you aren't a expert why these detainees are there and they need to have a fair trial,period.

Oh, but you are the expert on all this, and we should just take your statements as gospel simply because you said them?

Better question for you. Out of all the kids in the world going through much more terrible ordeals than this one, why did you decide on pleading his cause? Love to see your answer to that question - if you can be honest.

Think again. Or maybe just do it for the first time ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join