It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Berger "compromised national security much more than originally disclosed”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
WHAT? Why is he getting his Top Secret clearance back?

I hope and pray that he is not. My boyfriend just had to go through his 5 year update of his security clearance. Let me tell you, they look into everything...twice. But, I guess if you have something on everyone, you could easily get your clearance back. I'm just hoping that it is a mistake and he's not getting it back.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
From the Washington Post:

Under terms negotiated by Berger's attorneys and the Justice Department, he has agreed to pay a $10,000 fine and accept a three-year suspension of his national security clearance.

Source Article from WaPo

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Emphasis mine, he's getting it back after 3 years. If any of us did this, we'd be in Federal prison for like 30 years I think.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All I can say is wow. Only 3 years of probation? People get more than that for a DUI. Something is very fishy here.

Edit: I should say a second DUI. I believe probation for the first offense is 1 year. Don't ask me how I know this.

[edit on 1/10/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
well, then case closed. he stole something of value to both parties and it's better for them to let him go on his merry way. ahh blackmail.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
well, then case closed. he stole something of value to both parties and it's better for them to let him go on his merry way. ahh blackmail.

The only problem with this is that the report that spawned this thread was from the (now late) Republican Congress. If it is some conspiracy between people of both parties, it must be just at a very high level since this report would have never been published if every Republican lawmaker knew about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am simply amazed! You all have come so close to the truth, yet you stumble over it and leave it in the dust behind you every single time. It's bigger than you think, look at the relationships.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
I am simply amazed! You all have come so close to the truth, yet you stumble over it and leave it in the dust behind you every single time. It's bigger than you think, look at the relationships.

Enlighten us, then. I think it's been pointed out already that Clinton (Berger's boss) was involved -- at the very least implicitly -- with the CIA drug connection in Arkansas.

We could draw conclusions all day long, but we have little evidence.

The bottom line is Berger stole classified documents related in some way to Clinton's knowledge of Al Qaeda's risk. That stonewalled the 9/11 commission.

What are you indicating?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It's bigger than you think, look at the relationships.

We're trying! Since you seem to have spotted something important that we missed, how about stepping up and sharing what you have found insted of just chulking at what you see as an obvious mistake?

Here at ATS, we usually make it a point to help each other. (B.T.W. You are aware that you can get bonus points from the Mods for making Important contrabutions)

So, what do you say? Will you share what you have found and help us find the missing peice, or do you just wnat to sit back and keep your brilliant insight to yourself?

Tim

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't think he even got real probation, he just can't look at classified documents for 3 years.

I'm usually very skeptical about conspiracy theories, but my mind is wide open here to almost anything, it smells fishy to high heaven.

For God's sake, they penned poor Martha Stewart for months then strapped her ankle with an electronic tracking device for more months for just talking to her stock broker. You'd think they'd do more with this sleezeball!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I found this post from 2steps on another thread, regarding the CIA - Bush connection in the 1950's.

If I remember correctly, the Bin Laden Family has had quite a strong relationship with the Bush family for decades. There may have been common projects as Bin Laden senior is a well known Construction Mogul.
This relationship was swept under the rug as of 9/11 ... it does not mean that they are out of contact though, Osama is considered the 'black sheep' of the boys.

There perhaps is what he was alluding to in the above post. The documents relate to Bin Laden and his connection to the Bush family?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
There perhaps is what he was alluding to in the above post. The documents relate to Bin Laden and his connection to the Bush family?

Hey thanks,

I forgot all about that. George H.W. Bush was friends whi Bin Laden when he was the Director of Central Intelligence back in the 1970's. So W's hunting for dad's old buddy from the Afgan war!

Tim

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Hey thanks,

I forgot all about that. George H.W. Bush was friends whi Bin Laden when he was the Director of Central Intelligence back in the 1970's. So W's hunting for dad's old buddy from the Afgan war!

Tim

NO.

Dubya is 'hunting' for the black sheep of the family, not the Father.

G.H.W. has a very long term relationship with the CIA, back to the fifties in fact. G.H.W. is also S&B, and Big Oil, and Big War Industry (Carlisle Group), and Big Banking (goes back to Prescott).

Draw a line to Reagan Years, Oliver North and Iran-Contra, Major Construction Projects brokered in the mid-east ...

Draw a line to Clinton, Yale University (S&B), CIA Cocaine/heroin, Banking, Power Plays ...

Draw a line to G.W., (S&B) Power Plays, CIA secret funding, Big Oil, Big War Industry, Flow of Cash ...

Draw a line to Classified Documents that tie the above all together because someone got stupid and forgot to shred them.

< sings> this is the way we wash our ...

Of course you must understand that before the 1982 elections Bill Clinton was just a local Governor ... but it's not what you know, it's WHO you know and all their connections, kind of a plant waiting to happen ... savvy?

Can you all guess the other plant from 2004?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Dont you mean while he was governer?

Oh I am sorry, yes, I meant to write governor.

If my memory serves me correctly Clinton, as governer of Arkansas, was turning a blind eye to the CIA bringing coc aine into Mena Arkansas

I think it was more than just ignoring it, he was actively covering it up and working with them, putting people into state positions that would also work to cover it up, etc.

pdaman
to trump the attention the air traffic controller from boston is getting claiming an inside job

People are paying attention to that guy? Thats too bad. He had been out of the industry for, what, 20 years, when 911 happened, and basically had nothing more to say than that since we didn't shoot down the planes, it must've been planned by the government.

centurion
The part I really don't get is that with the Republicans in power, this guy should have easily been dead meat.

Its all the same. BOth sides are ONLY interested in politcs, that is to say, getting re-elected. Anything beyond that consideration is a waste of their time. So who knows what deals any number of individuals have struck to further that, and they certainly don't care what side of the aisle the person they are dealing with is on.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Dubya is 'hunting' for the black sheep of the family, not the Father.

G.H.W. has a very long term relationship with the CIA, back to the fifties in fact. G.H.W. is also S&B, and Big Oil, and Big War Industry (Carlisle Group), and Big Banking (goes back to Prescott).

Draw a line to Reagan Years, Oliver North and Iran-Contra, Major Construction Projects brokered in the mid-east ...

Draw a line to Clinton, Yale University (S&B), CIA Cocaine/heroin, Banking, Power Plays ...

Draw a line to G.W., (S&B) Power Plays, CIA secret funding, Big Oil, Big War Industry, Flow of Cash ...

Draw a line to Classified Documents that tie the above all together because someone got stupid and forgot to shred them.
< sings> this is the way we wash our ...

I love the connections you made, and I certainly won't discount the theory.

But I think the documents were a little more mundane than that. Perhaps damning to the extent that Osama's threats against the U.S. -- perhaps even specifically the WTC -- were known to Clinton in the 90's, but I doubt any one document would prove the entire conspiracy. Those type of smoking guns just don't exist -- as much as we wish they did.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join