It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer at LA Conscious Life Expo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Checked the www.DisclosureProject.org site for updates. The doc is doing a free lecture and workshop at LAX Hilton second week of February.

www.consciouslifeexpo.com...

Anyone going to this?

Dr Greer will discuss the actual contact experiences he has had with UFOs and Extraterrestrial Civilizations, beginning as a young child. In one of the most amazing and moving personal stories ever shared, he will explain how after a prolonged near-death experience at age 17, he experienced cosmic consciousness and found the Rosetta Stone of ET contact: the power of the unbounded mind within each of us. Later this led to numerous Close Encounters of the 5th Kind: contact with ETs initiated by Dr. Greer and later by larger groups of people through the CSETI (Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am shocked to see that people are still giving this guy the time of day. Greer had previously stated that he had absolute evidence of alien existence and contact, and that he'd present it. He never did. He is stringing people along.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I am shocked to see that people are still giving this guy the time of day. Greer had previously stated that he had absolute evidence of alien existence and contact, and that he'd present it. He never did. He is stringing people along.

He's holding everything he has until Congress agrees to open-door hearings. Thats been the goal of the Disclosure Project since the beginning. Unfortunately Congress has shown little interest in doing this.

Many of Dr. Greer's witnesses need the open-door hearings because this would protecct them from punishment for violating their secrecy oaths.

I doubt a man who was "stringing" people along would have sat down and chatted with so many high-ranking officials like the CIA director.

Write your congressman and demand open-door hearings. If Dr. Greer is full of it, let it be in front of the world

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Exactly. " I have stunning evidence that demonstrates that there are aliens, and that they've even made contact with us. I will release the information on the following conditions...".

SOrry, thats pure bunkum. He's got nothing. He wants open congressional hearings so that he has lots of attention for his information, and its going to need a lot of attention to be persuasive because its not good enough to be persuasive on its own. But if its in the newspapers, and its during a congressional hearing, then people will pay attention to him.

He's a fraud.

I doubt a man who was "stringing" people along would have sat down and chatted with so many high-ranking officials like the CIA director.

Why? Why does that make any difference? It lets him say to his fans 'hey, i've met with the CIA director. Did I discuss my stuning evidence for the existence of alien life and their contacting us? Hmm, maybe I did, Maybe I didn't. Maybe I should be given that Congressional Hearing as a platform to talk about it'.

If this guy has such evidence, and he's withholding it, then he's practically a criminal. If he ever did get the hearing, whcih pretty darned clearly ain't got a chance in hell of ever happening, and it was revealed that he had sat on this information all this time, he'd deserve to be arrested and tried for witholding that information from the world.

Write your congressman and demand open-door hearings. If Dr. Greer is full of it, let it be in front of the world

The world can already see that Greer is full of it. Anyone that says "i have great information', and then puts conditions on revelaing it, is full of it. He doesn't have the information, he's a fraud.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You act like disclosure is such a simple thing.

How would one go about showing off evidence to the world ? A world controlled and censored by the international bankers that own everything.

Lets say you have a piece of a UFO that the military missed outside of Roswell. Where will you go to present it ? The local news is unlikely to believe you. And even if they did, the story would never get printed or picked up by national press.

Lets say you call Larry King Live and talk about your evidence. The order for your death would go out before you could even hang up.

The web isnt the answer, there's so much disinformation and junk out there it would get lost in a sea of other alleged disclosure posts. And if there were any validity to it, the folks monitoring you would follow the web trail back to you.

Where exactly could you go ?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Why don't they ever update their site. Are they still trying to get open-door hearings in congress?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
How would one go about showing off evidence to the world ?

By using any of hte numerous systems has used so far to get the word out that he wants to have a congressional hearing.

A world controlled and censored by the international bankers that own everything.

And yet there he is, speaking at a UFO conference.

Lets say you have a piece of a UFO that the military missed outside of Roswell. Where will you go to present it ? The local news is unlikely to believe you. And even if they did, the story would never get printed or picked up by national press.

If I had proof of aliens, actual convincing physical evidence, then I publish it in a scientific journal, present it at a conference, put it on a website, and basically, put it everywhere that Greer has put his message of having a congressional investigation.

Greer wants an investigation because his 'evidence' is anecdotes, anecdotes from people that he thinks will be 'beleivable'. NOT physical evidence, or anything like that.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You're funny. You haven't met the man in person, did you? Your vision of his work and what he is trying to accomplish would change if you did. Just the typical reaction you're having.

I'm with him 100%, and will be until disclosure.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
How would one go about showing off evidence to the world ?

By using any of hte numerous systems has used so far to get the word out that he wants to have a congressional hearing.

A world controlled and censored by the international bankers that own everything.

And yet there he is, speaking at a UFO conference.

If I had proof of aliens, actual convincing physical evidence, then I publish it in a scientific journal, present it at a conference, put it on a website, and basically, put it everywhere that Greer has put his message of having a congressional investigation.

Greer wants an investigation because his 'evidence' is anecdotes, anecdotes from people that he thinks will be 'beleivable'. NOT physical evidence, or anything like that.

Don't you see it's pointless to waste energy publishing that kind of stuff? There is nothing that can be done to force our goverment to spend any money on this type of research. All you could do is satisfy a few people starving for pictures and information. You are so mistaken sir.,

He's doing his best to accomplish with means he has. And here we have people complaining again nothing is happening. This is what the Disclosure Project is about. Open Congress Hearing... why would he move away from it's original goal, just to satisfy someone like you? Not worth it IMO.

He has radar tapes, pictures and all kind of material that will see light the day congress comes forward for hearing. And 450 first hand witnesses, but i guess that's not enough for you?

[edit on 9-1-2007 by tock]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You want open hearings? I'll give you open hearings, in fact, within 24 hours I'll have them for you.

Just pop down some factual documents, some wreckage debris from alien craft, an alien body or two, and I'll have you on the front page of every paper worldwide.

The reason this has not happened is because there is no "hard core tangible proof" to be shown. If in fact he is telling the truth when he was asked, "Are aliens from here, from there, do they time travel, from other worlds, yada yada" and he responded "Yes to all of the above", then how would you expect to be able to present any proof? If aliens can pop in and out of our reality, time travel, come into our minds, and now theres a 5th dimension added to the mix, do you really think they are going to allow people to have actual proof of their existance? Think Back to the Future, but on 11.

I've had two UFO experiences myself, and have had close family members and close friends experience the UFO, car dying, white light etc experiences. I'm starting to beleive that what we are dealing with is so far above and beyond our reality that until they pop out on the white house lawn with a big hello sign like Moby's Alone in this World video, we are going to be chasing our tails til were silly.

If Dr. Greer had solid, 100% proof, he would have thrown it out there. What he's trying to do now is play poker. You show me yours, I'll show you mine. However, he missed one major rule of play. There is no game if the other team has all the cards.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Don't put the hate on my man Greer.

He's done more for disclosure than anyone.

Most of us are just either preaching to the choir or trying to convince debunkers that something is real.

I don't know if you've read his books or attended his group presentations. If you have I would like to know what happened and why you are so down on Greer.

He hasn't done anything to hurt his credibility with me. He's the man, and he's doing the job that needs to be done. If anyone else here is doing 1/2 or as much as he is, I'd like to know about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Do you have any proof that Greer doesn't have any proof? Why do you have to be convinced for it to be true?

Did you see the disclosure project video? Dr Carol Rosin in the flesh and blood, no anecdotes there, it was the real deal.

Go to youtube, search for Steven Greer, and it's right there.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The statement uttered above is by far the most uneducated, biased remark I've found on this site to date. This so-called "expert" is trying to tell you that Dr. Steven Greer to has not presented any evidence of alien existence and or contact. When in FACT Dr. Greer held a national press club conference in 2001 and presented overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Coincidentally this press club conference was held just a couple of months before the incidences of 9/11. The one and only reason Dr. Greer has not been given his day to present his case to Congress is because the United States government has convinced the people that it has more important things to deal with at the moment besides proving the existence of extraterrestrials.

Just a little bit more information about the press club conference. At the time of the conference it was the largest broadband Internet broadcast in the history of mankind.
Please Nygdan, explained to us dumb asses how this does not constitute presenting evidence?

I would also like to say that Dr. Greer has amassed a volume of over 1500 eyewitness testimonies from people as trusted as a nuclear weapons technicians, military radar operators, military flight commanders, military generals, military corporal's, civilian contractors ect.

Now a lot of people would say that eyewitness testimonies don't mean anything. I beg to differ. If for example only 20 of the people that Dr. Greer has backing him up, lied to the government and signed an affidavit that all 20 of them witnessed you kill somebody, you would be in jail with absolutely no physical evidence to back up the claims that you killed anybody just based on the credibility of the people Dr. Greer has backing him up. I don't mean to get in your face but seriously you're supposed to be an expert, and to blatantly dismissed Dr. Greer's amazing work is so ignorant and obtuse that one could reasonably assume you have some role in this horrible miss information campaign that has been perpetrated by the governments to keep us in the dark about this particular topic.

I strongly urge anybody that is reading this thread to completely disregard the statements Nygdan has made as they are the most unfounded and ridiculously uneducated statements I have ever read on any thread on this site ever.

Dr. Greer does have overwhelming evidence that extraterrestrials exist and they have contacted us, this is without question; as the credibility of his eyewitnesses far out way that of any one who has ever tried to disprove or prove any of these claims in the history of mankind. I urge readers of this thread to please seek independent information about the Disclosure Project as it is extremely relevant and it is probably going to be the only way we get the government to fess up about the existence of extraterrestrials.

And sorry
Nygdan, you must do your research before you make such blatant comments about such important material.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Anyone that says "i have great information', and then puts conditions on revelaing it, is full of it.

This is actually the most unintelligent response I've seen on ATS in a while, and I've seen some doosies. All I can say is that you lack a very fundamental consciousness that enables such truths to be self-evident. Now you can argue the previous statement I made and debate otherwise, but those who know the ultimate truth of metaphysical subjects look at you with discontent, because you arrogantly speak falsehoods which, you are right, can't be easily proven, The fact is that it takes a certain spiritually developed mind to grasp. l

How can you be so black & white on many issues that deal with forms of science that is not yet accepted by the mainstream minds? Just so you know, science is catching up with spirituality, not the other way around. This is your false indoctrination I believe.

Also, it is true, you should be mentally vigilaint, but not at the sacrifice of your spiritual potential.

Also, the man is doing the seminar for free. I am not claiming that this man is right, I am meerly commenting on the fact that an ATS moderator has such a black & white perception of the paranormal. It is not that easy, and those that think it is just aren't ready for the truth. That simple.

He doesn't have the information, he's a fraud.

How presumptuous.
You're better than that
Nygen!

AAC

[edit on 9-1-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by untouchable

I strongly urge anybody that is reading this thread to completely disregard the statements Nygdan has made as they are the most unfounded and ridiculously uneducated statements I have ever read on any thread on this site ever.

Great overall post untouchable, it's untouchable ;0

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I am shocked to see that people are still giving this guy the time of day.

I am shocked to see that a moderator is capable of closing his mind off completely to something that disagrees with his views. At least pretend to be somewhat objective

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicalRat
Anyone going to this?

I wish I could afford to, but can't.

Personally, I feel that the Disclosure Project is one of the most hopeful developments towards actually providing incontravertable proof for the existence of an alien presence here on Earth.

I sincerely hope that I will know within my life-span.

Why? Because our petty warring over religious differences, territorial squabbles or just plain greed will have to stop when we are confronted by such a truth.

My 2 cents

edit for speeling

[edit on 9/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have to agree with the posters here, I do think that such a response to a post by the moderator is indeed a little too sharp and closed-minded. This is not to say that a poster whom is also a 'moderator' cannot make posts as a 'member', and state his/her opinion, but even so, I should think it essential that with the title 'moderator' above your avatar should deem it responsible for you to carefully word your post.

I don't wish to presume to tell you your role, but as I, too, moderate on a well-known international forum (although not as big as ATS), what I seek from posters and from mine own response to them is 'balance' and 'objectivity', certainly not one-sided, vitriolic subjectivity, and definately not without the resources to back up such subjectivity.

I myself, am somewhat suspicious of the whole UFO industry, but that's just me, and I'm ready to be persuaded otherwise if and when the evidence shows up, and with what evidence there is, I still lean towards scepticism, but there are certain issues, certain aspects that prove difficult to explain unless one makes a 'nod' in the direction of UFO-ic activity.

I don't know Stephen Greer, except in the role as the spokesman for the Disclosure Project, which when it was announced seemed a fair and noble concept, but as little of anything else has been forthcoming from the project, I see it reasonable to place it out of sight and mind until something is forthcoming. There is no doubt that Greer will have his detractors, perhaps even disgruntled people whom would seek to harm him both in his reputation and maybe, even physically, or then again, he might simply be a 'dis-info' agent...time, I suppose, will tell?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I live in Los Angeles so I will consider going. I would 100% go if other people from ats are going to be there and we can have a mini get together of ATS's in the area.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I really don't know much about him either, but at least he seems like he is having a go. He's done more for disclosure than any of us ever will... he actually had a press conference with some big names present... we just sit here all day and rant.

Give him some credit for that at least.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join