It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

BCS Needs to go

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
After watching the OSU and Fla. game last night I can only laugh at the BCS. Not to blow my own horm but I called this for a month now. OSU and the Big Ten is the most over-rated conferance in college football. Guys if your a OSU fan suck it up and don't even use the 50 days off excuse. Florida was off over 30 days. The Big Ten' commish is the reason that a play-off system doen't come to light here. Boise and Fla. should be facing off next weekend. This bowl crap and BCS non-sense has run it's worth in modern day college football. Money and greed are the reason a playoff system isn't in bottom line. OSU was out classed and just over-powered in every aspect of the BCS championship game. I'm going to take a shot here...the Big Ten should have not been in this game at all! And the only reason they were is because The Big Ten's Commish is the head of the BCS go look it up and he want the lions share of the T.V. ratings for this game. and influenced others to keep voting Ohio State number 1 through out the season. Michigan was dis-mantled by USC and OSU by Fla and the darling of college football N.D. was killed by LSU the only strong showing the Big Ten produced was Wisconsin that defeated by 3 points Arkansas. Boise State should have a shot at Fla now to lay the crown on the field for the best team. Final BCS standings have Boise State 5th!!!!!! 5th 13-0 still behind 3 two loss teams UNREAL!!!!!!!!!! The ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM LEFT ends up 5th!!!!




posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I 100% agree!

The BSC is nothing more than BS! with a "C" after it.

Wisconsin lost only once(to Michigan)
Boise State went undefeated and beat the Sooners.
And they get no shot at a championship.
Wisconsin couldnt even go to a BSC bowl,due to a rule that only 2 teams from any conference can be in a BSC game.

In college basketball,we get the NCAA tornament.
64 teams.

We need playoffs in football as well.
Champions arent decided by polls and computers,their decided on the field!



posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Oh no! According to the South Eastern Conference, we can't have an NFL style playoff in college football.
To those who don't know the BCS system too well, it was concieved by the SEC and the NCAA to determine the national champs.



posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Change will come, just slowly, unfortunately. Do you remember the days before the BCS? 1994??? That's the season that infuriates me...



posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Oh no! According to the South Eastern Conference, we can't have an NFL style playoff in college football.
To those who don't know the BCS system too well, it was concieved by the SEC and the NCAA to determine the national champs.


My friend the Big Ten commish over see's the BCS sorry you lost that one pal.



posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
But still, it proves that the South East Conference is still a college football powerhouse. So is the Big East too.



posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The NCAA would love a playoff system, as it would mean more money for them. You cannot say the playoff system does not exist due to money making conspiracy.

Under the BCS, just like the old system, you sometimes get the fair, clean cut title game, and sometimes you do not. The BCS has not eliminated the controversy surrounding who should rightfully play for the title and who is really the top team in the country.

The only thing the BCS does is mess up my sense of cosmic order. I want to read about who won the national Championship in my morning paper on January 2, not January 9. I want to see a Big 10 and Pac 10 team play in the Rose Bowl.



posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
The NCAA would love a playoff system, as it would mean more money for them. You cannot say the playoff system does not exist due to money making conspiracy.

Under the BCS, just like the old system, you sometimes get the fair, clean cut title game, and sometimes you do not. The BCS has not eliminated the controversy surrounding who should rightfully play for the title and who is really the top team in the country.

The only thing the BCS does is mess up my sense of cosmic order. I want to read about who won the national Championship in my morning paper on January 2, not January 9. I want to see a Big 10 and Pac 10 team play in the Rose Bowl.


Please note my past above, and you'll see what I have against your last statement.

You're absolutly correct in your explanation of the BCS, though. It hasn't really changed anything yet.

For the life of me, I don't understand why they haven't created a playoff system yet. Other than the controversy keeps the current system in the news?



posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My only guess as to why there is no playoff system is that having a playoff system will devalue all the bowl games. (As if going to a bowl game has not already been devalued, but that is a different issue.) As it currently stands, the Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Fruit Salad Bowl, etc. mean something to the fans as they are the culmination of the season and involve top teams, or at least involve teams that are above average in caliber playing against teams of roughly equal caliber. To have a playoff season would essentially mean that all these bowls do not mean anything, and only the "playoff" bowls mean something.

I also think that the NCAA may find it difficult to market playoff games that will occur in late December and early January. At these times, many schools are on winter break, so student attendance at these games would be low.



posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
At these times, many schools are on winter break, so student attendance at these games would be low.


If they played the games on the campus of the teams that are in them, this might mean something. But I don't recall a Bowl Game at Ann Arbor anytime in the past...




top topics



 
0

log in

join