It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was about 10 feet long and 3 feet wide...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Came upon this thing last year while hunting in the amazon.

It was dark colored, spongy skinned, dark GREEN, lizard looking thing with a huge long fat ass tail. It lived in a cave down the jungle... it sneaked up on me when i first entered the cave: when i walked in i heard something movin' from behind, i got my long sharp hunters knife out, ducked and turned around only to find this ugly thing CRAWLING up the friggin' wall!! Almost all the way near the top, almost upsaide down!!

It made a hissing noice and looked at me. Without further thinking it leaped on the nearest stone on the ground, looked as if it used its tail to power up the jump... i didnt wait much longer and hit it with my knife across the face... it seemed to cut it pretty well but it was still very very much mobile. I waited for the right moment and when it was within reach of a strike i drove my long 20 inch blade right into its skull. It went all the way thro and came out the other end. With a load of sticky ugly greenish/blueish goo.

The ugly thing layed dead infront of me. Soemthing else was happeneing inside that cave and from the noices coming from the depths i figured out it wasnt wise to stay and learn. I promptly located the exit and continued on my trail thro the forest.

Now that i'm thinking about it i shouldn't have left that ugly hog isnide the cave, should have brought it with me and made a luxurious pair of boots or at the very least a decent suitcase.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

Now that i'm thinking about it i shouldn't have left that ugly hog isnide the cave, should have brought it with me and made a luxurious pair of boots or at the very least a decent suitcase.

Or money and fame for finding a new species. Was it snake like?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I assume you knew that this story would be met with some skepticism, so here it comes:

You mustered the courage to engage a 10 foot creature you've never seen before in a knife fight, but got spooked by some weird noises?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What exactly were you hunting in a cave in the amazon?!? spiders? bats? rats?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
oh crap ............. where do i start ?

do you have any evidence of your claims ?

PS - start with evidence that you were infact in the amazon region , if you were on a hunting trip - where are the pictures of your other trophies , and trip photo log ?

PPS -

20" knife
that is not a knife it is a chuffing short sword

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I waited for the right moment and when it was within reach of a strike i drove my long 20 inch blade right into its skull. It went all the way thro and came out the other end. With a load of sticky ugly greenish/blueish goo.

What does one hunt in the amazon with only a 20 inch blade? Because if I was going to attack an unknown creature that must outweigh me I think I would use a gun.

Ok, "greenish/blueish goo"? For blood right, just trying to be sure about this.

Vas

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
ja this is a gut vun.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hahaha... how cheesy. Honestly, how can the OP think that anyone would believe that poorly constructed work of fiction that he/she just spewed on us?

This story doesn't even deserve to be ripped apart by the ATS faithful, since anyone who reads it will instantly realize that it's phony. I doubt the OP will even post in this thread again, but he/she does, I challenge them to provide some sort of proof of this encounter. I know that if I tangled with a gigantic lizard in a knife-fight, I'd want some sort of souvenir of the event or at least some good pics of the creature.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Can you post a picture of the 26 inch (assuming the blade is 20 inches as you said, and 6 inches for the hilt and handle) hunters knife you used, or atleast post the make and model? Do you still have the knife, and by chance, did you keep the blood/green goo of the animal on the blade? Which area of the Amazon did you trek through and where is this cave located? What were you intentionally hunting in the amazon? Who was your field guide, and where were they? Also, the creature is 10 ft long and 3 ft wide, so it would weigh at least a ton, so what were your plans on how you were going to transport it back to your home?

[edit on 9-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Ouch!! Those are some stinging questions that I doubt will be answered, but you did make a good point about the knife that was used during the supposed encounter. I imagine the OP still has this knife and if so it may contain valuable clues regarding the creature. I mean the knife's blade was plunged deep into the lizard's skull. I'm sure that there was some of the blue goo/blood on it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I find this story hard to believe simply because of the narrators style, Its a little too "boys own adventure" for my liking, however if you ignore that, The blade is about the right size for a machette which is your standard bush knife and is referred to as a knife ( though it is, in many ways, a short sword )

The thick tail and girth of the animal makes me think of some form of salamander or gila Monster, although neither are particularly acrobatic.

As far as blood is concerned, The light given off by torches tends to make blood look dark green / blue.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
He specifically stated it was a "hunters knife," not a machete. I'm sure many can tell the difference between the two. He also stated that he stabbed the creature through the skull. Not many machete knives out there can stab a creature so large completely through the skull with every inch of the blade.

Do notice that he said the 10ft long and 3 ft wide creature climbed the wall to the ceiling. He said the creature "jumped" at him, though if it's on the ceiling, it would only need to drop, and it even then, the massive amount of weight it would carry while falling would be enough to break its bone when it lands.

The "sticky green/bluish goo" would either have to be brain matter or blood. Maybe you can show any proof documenting blood appearing blue or green in an outside area with a torch (which he never mentioned having in the first place).

You made your account today, so why is it that you decided to make your first post in this topic, defending the topic creator?

[edit on 11-1-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Freeman the he-man. Dares the wildest most savage jungles and battles monster lizards with nothing but a knife. What a man. Freeman the he-man eats meat raw like a real man! Fearless in the face of danger. Unstoppable by any man or animal. All man! That's Freeman! When Freeman approaches lions get out of the way. He has to use a chainsaw to shave his tough he-man beard! What a man! Freeman the he-man!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
While i was hunting in the woods last year i was suddenly attacked by a yellow giant moth with fins! i had no chance to reach for my two uzis so i grabbed it by the throat and pinned it against a tree with a brick. I didnt want to hang around so i grabbed my knife, camera and lunch and ran to the nearest fire station!

I totally believe the OP

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
He specifically stated it was a "hunters knife,"

Given the way his post is written I'm assuming he's either very young, intellectually subnormal or English isn't his first language. I've been in the Amazon. My grandad was a prospector for BP. Machette's were just called knives. "hand me the knife" never "hand me the machette"

"I'm sure many can tell the difference between the two. He also stated that he stabbed the creature through the skull. Not many machete knives out there can stab a creature so large completely through the skull with every inch of the blade."

You'd need to be very powerful to do it, but a machette has a curved pointed tip, whilst it's a slashing instrument, it can stab too.

"Do notice that he said the 10ft long and 3 ft wide creature climbed the wall to the ceiling."

Yes. It's an unusually stumpy lizard to be that thick and only that long, but given space for the exagerating effects of darkness I don't find it's length unusual. From snout to tail, Iguana's can grow to a good six feet. Its width and thick tail are far more puzzling

"He said the creature "jumped" at him, though if it's on the ceiling, it would only need to drop, and it even then, the massive amount of weight it would carry while falling would be enough to break its bone when it lands."

That really depends on how it jumped and how high the cave was.

"The "sticky green/bluish goo" would either have to be brain matter or blood. Maybe you can show any proof documenting blood appearing blue or green in an outside area with a torch (which he never mentioned having in the first place). "

It's doubtfull a stab wound to the head would draw brain matter through the lower jaw, firstly the brain of a 6ft Iguana is about the size of a grape. Far more likely to just be blood. As for colour, Test it your self, out under a full moon and look at something red, it tends to appear a murky greeny brown.

"You made your account today, so why is it that you decided to make your first post in this topic, defending the topic creator?"

No, I see nothing in his / her post to suggest this actually happened, I just don't see any real reason why it's impossible, it's just poorly written and probably made up.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It was dark colored, spongy skinned, dark GREEN, lizard looking thing with a huge long fat ass tail. It lived in a cave down the jungle... it sneaked up on me when i first entered the cave: when i walked in i heard something movin' from behind, i got my long sharp hunters knife out, ducked and turned around only to find this ugly thing CRAWLING up the friggin' wall!! Almost all the way near the top, almost upsaide down!!

It made a hissing noice and looked at me. Without further thinking it leaped on the nearest stone on the ground, looked as if it used its tail to power up the jump... i didnt wait much longer and hit it with my knife across the face... it seemed to cut it pretty well but it was still very very much mobile. I waited for the right moment and when it was within reach of a strike i drove my long 20 inch blade right into its skull. It went all the way thro and came out the other end. With a load of sticky ugly greenish/blueish goo.

The ugly thing layed dead infront of me. Soemthing else was happeneing inside that cave and from the noices coming from the depths i figured out it wasnt wise to stay and learn. I promptly located the exit and continued on my trail thro the forest.

Wow! You were lucky to kill that thing! If it ate you, well, you would not have this post.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A 20 Inch hunting Knife? I had a grossly oversized hunting knife and it was only 9 inches long, basically to long to use for anything. I really dont believe a word of this story.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thanks! I used this as my 6 yr old's bedtime story.

Downside, he thought it wasnt very good and suggests you use more adjectives in your writing... I agree.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
While i was hunting in the woods last year i was suddenly attacked by a yellow giant moth with fins! i had no chance to reach for my two uzis so i grabbed it by the throat and pinned it against a tree with a brick. I didnt want to hang around so i grabbed my knife, camera and lunch and ran to the nearest fire station!

I totally believe the OP

Haha... that is so funny and you make a good point too. I'm sure it didn't take you long to come up with that hilarious gem of a story and it's just as believable if not more believable than the OP's story.

I knew, this person wouldn't post in this thread again. It's a shame though, it seems like a lot of people wanna hear more about his 'reptile rumble'.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
LoL!!! Hunting? Alone? With just a "knife" (still being disputed)...?

You aren't perhaps a very lost David Livingstone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join